• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
logen9999 said:
so how is this game running for the pc guys? better then the beta?

It's running pretty well but I'm still getting weird drops to about 40fps no matter what settings I lower. Better than the beta for sure though.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Matty McDee said:
Quick question.

If I pick up my pre-order tomorrow, will I still get that code for the kind of "Cereberus Network" of Bad Company 2?
VIP code is inside the case. The Squad Rush code is a voucher they give you or its printed on the receipt.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dralla said:
first experience? ive been playing all day, that's where the headache came from :lol
:lol :lol :lol Oh my, my bad!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Married GAF protip here:
DO NOT order a game and expect to play it on the day before your wife's bday. Unknown to me we have dinner plans. See you guys online tommorrow.

j-wood

I put in my VIP code and it worked fine, but now when I try to go to the store to put in my pre order code, it keeps telling me the store is not available. Did I just lose out on the pre order bonus or something?

Az

What a good fucking game. Got it at midnight last night and was playing until 4am. Don't remember being up at 4am in a long ass time. Got to rank 7 today and I need a break real bad.

Also you have to have a headset for this. Really adds to the experience.

Coin Return said:
Some of these maps are just awe inspiring and they keep the gameplay nice and varied. Loving every minute of it so far!

Yeah, I get blasted a bit because I'm not seeing them blend in with the background but turning up the brightness helped.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
RbBrdMan said:
Married GAF protip here:
DO NOT order a game and expect to play it on the day before your wife's bday. Unknown to me we have dinner plans. See you guys online tommorrow.
:lol :lol :lol Oh SHIT!

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Skel said:
Wish the maps were a little bit friendlier for infantry combat. I know it is an overall battlefield but on the majority of the maps the tanks and helicopters seem pretty overpowered. I have been playing Engineer and it is pretty hard to take out a tank with the RPG you start with since the reloading is very slow on it.

I love Laguna Presa and especially White Pass.

IMO from what I have seem these maps are perfectly balanced for everything, space for air to fuck shit up, space for tanks to fuck shit up and space for infantry to fuck shit up and all are vulnerable to each other the balance has surprised me quite a bit.

dralla said:
first experience? ive been playing all day, that's where the headache came from :lol

LOL!!!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
How does spotting work in "Hardcore" mode? Is it useful at all? Does it even work, seeing how there is no HUD?

reetva

Banned
Hardcore is great. Hardcore on Nelson Bay is the best thing ever. :lol
Medics seem to be pretty gimped at the start, but I'm working my way through assault for now so I'm not especially worried. It does make for less revives, though.

I got a cross-map headshot with the WWII pistol. I fired a bullet absently into the distance and two seconds later I see the kill ticker. I practically shit my pants laughing. :lol
A bit later, in Conquest on Laguna Presa (hardcore), me and some random player snuck up to A and wiped it out by sneaking around the enemies, (five or more of them!) taking one or two out and hiding in some nearby brush. They never spotted us. I got sniped right after we took the base, though. :(

Hey guys, loving it so far but one question (or problem).

I'm playing the 360 version and does it feel like the graphics are really jaggy? Is this normal or is it my HDTV? I'm playing online.

It's getting hard to see at times and the trees in the snow levels look pixelated.

Is this normal and just the way the game is?

Everything else is fine though. Framerates good and no lag.

Thanks.

Apollo

Banned
Medic kit isn't working correctly for me even after unlock proof
img1688v.jpg

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Hey guys, loving it so far but one question (or problem).

I'm playing the 360 version and does it feel like the graphics are really jaggy? Is this normal or is it my HDTV? I'm playing online.

It's getting hard to see at times and the trees in the snow levels look pixelated.

Is this normal and just the way the game is?

Everything else is fine though. Framerates good and no lag.

Thanks.

Hmm I didn't really notice much jaggies on the 360 demo, maybe you are sitting too close? lol

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Game rocks so much harder than the beta did (PC). Graphics are much better, and Conquest mode owns. Also, despite earlier reports, character progression is much slower than it was in beta.

Single player seemed awful though, but I don't much care.

Matty McDee said:
I will try, I have to work but I'm not sure if I can get an advance.

I only need 30$ because I'm trading in MW2 but like I'm flat broke after coming back from the Olympics.

Smart move, you can always ask Beaver to send you money. :lol

Yoshichan

EviLore said:
I haven't played it yet so I'm curious. Is it the story?

So I just finished downloading this off of Steam (was getting it off Steam a mistake? Will I get all of those voucher codes for the game modes etc.?) and it's been "Performing first time setup (step 3 of 3)" for a good 20 minutes now... no game has ever taken this long to do it's first time setup/install off of Steam. Is something wrong? Should I hit cancel and restart the setup or is this normal?

Dynamic3

Has the spotting changed since the demo?

I saw two tanks right next to eachother, and I spotted the first one, but it wouldn't let me spot the second one.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
MisterAnderson said:
So I just finished downloading this off of Steam (was getting it off Steam a mistake? Will I get all of those voucher codes for the game modes etc.?) and it's been "Performing first time setup (step 3 of 3)" for a good 20 minutes now... no game has ever taken this long to do it's first time setup/install off of Steam. Is something wrong? Should I hit cancel and restart the setup or is this normal?

Are you sure you don't have a Punkbuster setup window hiding somewhere?

No_Style said:
Isn't it possible to take out a tank with one RPG shot from the rear?

You could also run up to the tank's blind spot and use the repair tool as an Engineer. :D

No. Cause more damage than normal? Yes.

MisterAnderson said:
Same thing happened to me, that step should take less than a minute. Just keep canceling and redoing the install until its fast and tada.

EviLore said:
Game rocks so much harder than the beta did (PC). Graphics are much better, and Conquest mode owns. Also, despite earlier reports, character progression is much slower than it was in beta.

Great news. I'd not really heard any impressions about improvement / decline from the Beta. Did they bump up the health of MCOM stations to slow down the suicide ATVs?

MisterAnderson said:
Minimize everything - I had a Punkbuster prompt underneath everything that didn't show up in the taskbar.

Edit: Whoops, beaten.

j-wood

Also, couple of quick questions.

1. How does voice chat work? Can only your squad mates hear you? Is it your whole team that hears you?

2. This tracer gun thing was described in the manual that once you taged a vehicle with it, you're teammates could fire an rpg at it even from beyond line of sight. Does this mean once someone tags it, I could shoot a rocket up in the air from across the map and hit the vehicle?

3. What is the ticker thing on the mini map? Playing conquest it it doesn't seem as though controlling point has any impact on how fast your ticker falls.

mrwilt

RbBrdMan said:
Married GAF protip here:

Surprise! :lol Have a great dinner!

rjfs

Neo Member
DarkAngelYuna said:
Same thing happened to me, that step should take less than a minute. Just keep canceling and redoing the install until its fast and tada.

Same thing here. I've tried canceling a couple times, letting it run for 30+ minutes and nothing. How frustrating.

Nelo Ice

Banned
WolfSkill said:
On the 360 version they toned down spotting a ton. It is not nearly as easy to spot as it was in the demo.

yeah i cant spam the back button to spot anymore :lol

of course thats a good thing since spotting was way to easy in the demo

Jrmint

WolfSkill said:
On the 360 version they toned down spotting a ton. It is not nearly as easy to spot as it was in the demo.
I think it also has a cooldown timer. Also do you get xp for spotting or no? I couldn't tell.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Any PC players using dual core technology, playing in 1080p and using a pre-5xxx card - how is your performance?
Crappy for me, I'm running all low on Multiplayer.

But maxed out with no AA/16xAF its running fine in Singleplayer.

Tworak

EviLore said:
yesss! that's awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom