• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Man, the gunplay of this game is pretty crappy. I played half an hour, then popped Mag back in

>.>

<.<

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Server browser is so shit, I have no idea how DICE after all this time as a PC dev can't make a decent server browser.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
commish said:
Man, the gunplay of this game is pretty crappy. I played half an hour, then popped Mag back in

>.>

<.<
:lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ugh, another friends related achievement - stab 5 friends on your list. That's basically asking for people to boost in the game.

Ikuu said:
Server browser is so shit, I have no idea how DICE after all this time as a PC dev can't make a decent server browser.

Agreed sadly :( Its a bit annoying having to login each time you load the game, wait for the server browser to grab the entire list rather than show what it gets along the way, then find pings still dont show unless run in admin mode, and then find your filters dont stick and have to redo em.

Stilla fuckawesome game though.

Ceebs

Ok, there is a line at the end of the Snowblind SP level that still has me rolling even after finishing the campaign.

fernoca

Just loving this.
My only experience with Battlefield, outside '1943' on Live Arcade..was just a demo of the first Bad Company.

Is just great been playing..then seeing a guy with rocket launcher and I'm all like "oh shit, rocket guy ..better hide and shoot from thsi window"..*pew pew*.."WTF? Why am I receiving damage anyway, when I'm hiding!!??"....*Takes a few steps back and notice this hole in front of me caused by the explotions and bullets*

So yeah...I keep forgeting this one has destructible environments. :lol

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Starting to get loads of disconnects now :(

Just had an amazing moment, knifed some guy jumped down a hill and knifed two of his mates, ran away as someone was shooting at me, reloaded and dropped him. Was awesome, then the game kicked me.

Jtrizzy

I can't believe I wasted time to get all of this dlc and I can't download any of it from the in game store. (PS3) Also annoyed that the Veterans website isn't recognizing this game or 1943. It should also be giving credit for the demos and betas as it does for BC1.

Ikuu said:
Starting to get loads of disconnects now :(

Just had an amazing moment, knifed some guy jumped down a hill and knifed two of his mates, ran away as someone was shooting at me, reloaded and dropped him. Was awesome, then the game kicked me.
your just too good for that server :D

Animator

Jtrizzy said:
I can't believe I wasted time to get all of this dlc and I can't download any of it from the in game store. (PS3) Also annoyed that the Veterans website isn't recognizing this game or 1943. It should also be giving credit for the demos and betas as it does for BC1.

Yea I was wondering if it was only me. I entered a code but nothing happened. Hope I didnt blow the code.

Aside from that loving the shit out of the game. Once I started spotting enemies and taking it slow I started racking up the kills with the assault class. I am not going to miss mw2.

epmode

Ogs said:
Agreed sadly :( Its a bit annoying having to login each time you load the game, wait for the server browser to grab the entire list rather than show what it gets along the way, then find pings still dont show unless run in admin mode
Pings don't work for me at all, even in admin mode. The most I get is a few servers showing 999, the rest blank.

WTB Steam server browser. Why is this basic shit so difficult for so many devs?

In other news, the game runs very well, even at max detail.

Haeleos

So I decided to play some single player while I wait for my friends to come online. I got to about mission 4 or 5 before I turned it off. Outside some really nice environment design to gawk at, it's really quite awful. I know the multiplayer won't let me down, but I might jump on another game for the rest of the night just to wash the taste of the single player out.

Jtrizzy

Animator said:
Yea I was wondering if it was only me. I entered a code but nothing happened. Hope I didnt blow the code.

If you have the nigh map, then your VIP code worked. The VIP code is unrelated to what's in the store, which is the AKS-47u, Squad Rush mode, and the Dr. Pepper stuff.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Menelaus said:
Disconnects on Live are starting for me now. Guess their servers just blow hard. No surprise for opening week.

Yup. Lag and getting kicked left and right.

The Battlefield tradition continues!!!! I'll try again later tonight.

Haeleos said:
So I decided to play some single player while I wait for my friends to come online. I got to about mission 4 or 5 before I turned it off. Outside some really nice environment design to gawk at, it's really quite awful. I know the multiplayer won't let me down, but I might jump on another game for the rest of the night just to wash the taste of the single player out.

Really? I only played the first level, but it was a lot better then I though it would be.

jbpaz

KittyKittyBangBang said:
question guys, I have turtle beach x1's, should i use war tapes or headphones audio option?

War Tapes always. I have Tritton headsets and war tapes always sounded better for me.

Animator

Jtrizzy said:
If you have the nigh map, then your VIP code worked. The VIP code is unrelated to what's in the store, which is the AKS-47u, Squad Rush mode, and the Dr. Pepper stuff.

Hmm I havent played in that one yet, I will start a private match and check out if its unlocked.

If you're having trouble getting veteran unlocks despite being veteran rank 1+(PS3 only):

Apparently there's a problem linking PSN ID to the EA account emails.
Linking it through the EA site alone will not work.

What you'll have to do is
1)Find someone with a copy of BC1,
2)Let them sign on as onto PSN using your account
3)Allow them to play a game of BC1 multilayer
4)Enter in your PSN ID for bc1 the battlefield veteran site (officially linking your PSN ID to the ea account email)

DONE.

Solved 2-3 friend's vet issue with this method.

Insane Metal said:
How come there are no screens in this thread?

chespace said:
Q9550 @ 3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR2, 4870x2.

1920x1200, 4xAA, 16xAF, HBAO - averaging between 50-60fps.

bfbc2game2010-02-2801-30wc.png

Reposting for awesomeness.

epmode

I keep getting kicked in the PC version. I already manually updated Punkbuster. Even tried disabling my firewall but no go.

I think it might be a server problem.

edit: Take a look at that tiny white dot in the lower right corner of that screenshot. It's on my system too. And it doesn't go away.

CheapChampagne

Neo Member
Ok, so I pop the game in and jump into mp. Everything is going smooth for the first few games. Then I switch it up to try SDM. I get kicked after the first game (all the way back out to the dashboard) and now when I booted it back up everytime I try and look for a game it takes 5 minutes to find one and then when it goes to put me in I get "Connection to the game server has been lost. Please check your network connection and try again." My connection is fine. I tested it and everything. I can't get into any games now =(.

Is anyone else having this problem?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
CheapChampagne said:
Ok, so I pop the game in and jump into mp. Everything is going smooth for the first few games. Then I switch it up to try SDM. I get kicked after the first game (all the way back out to the dashboard) and now when I booted it back up everytime I try and look for a game it takes 5 minutes to find one and then when it goes to put me in I get "Connection to the game server has been lost. Please check your network connection and try again." My connection is fine. I tested it and everything. I can't get into any games now =(.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Xbox Live is down.

BravoSuperStar said:
God 4 more hours till I get to play. Can't decide if I should even start a SP campaign, but I do want to check out the graphics.
One of the nice things about starting with the campaign is that you give the servers some time to straighten out from launch day blues.

I'll see you guys online once I'm done saving the world.

dralla

cant get into a game on 360. and once it starts searching you cant do shit, have to back out to dashboard :[

I see it's for everyone. i dont want to play the single player :[[

Just picked this up for 360. Do we have a 360 friends list or something going? Wouldn't mind playing with a team that doesn't lack basic brain functions.

Gamertag: liquidlogan360 if anyone is interested. I'll mostly be on during the weekend, but I should be on tonight as well after 11 est.

went PC.

single player story is pretty decent. nothing to write home about. I liked the idea...but the execution...eh. seems like it needed about 2 more hours worth of story to make it seem a little less like they just did their best to pile a bunch of random ideas together into gameplay elements.

liquidlogan said:
Just picked this up for 360. Do we have a 360 friends list or something going? Wouldn't mind playing with a team that doesn't lack basic brain functions.

Gamertag: liquidlogan360 if anyone is interested. I'll mostly be on during the weekend, but I should be on tonight as well after 11 est.

add gafbfbc2 and you have everyone on 360 in gaf there

If you don't know, now you know. Conquest fucking slays Rush as a gametype, confirmed. I'm actually kinda upset Rush is in the game at all, there would be more Conquest maps in the game if it wasn't.

Akim

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
If you don't know, now you know. Conquest fucking slays Rush as a gametype, confirmed. I'm actually kinda upset Rush is in the game at all, there would be more Conquest maps in the game if it wasn't.

disagree totally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom