• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marchiott

Wow, EA Servers just died.
I guess it affects everyone across the board :(

A few server browser related things are sure broken though
- no server ping values
- Can't join friends game from friends list, etc.

ngdlch.jpg

wa, ea you mother somethings, why can't I come home from work, open your game, and expect to connect to your shitty servers? RAGE!!!

Marchiott said:

- no server ping values

Yeah, seems like this game was rushed without proper QA for pc. Lots of issues with window mode. I switched resolution while in a game in window mode and the client closed.

Plus side is that my performance on my shitty system has increased dramatically after messing around with the settings in the My doc:BF folder. Game looks a ton better too, which is a big surprise.

codecow

Got 4 hours on Rush. I am liking it a lot just as I did with the demo, although some of the maps like the jungle one I really hate.

It is kind of lame not having your class defining abils until you earn them.

Marchiott said:

- no server ping values
I get ping values on the browser just fine on the pc version from steam.

abuC

My VALT secondary weapon stops working completely, anyone else having this problem? I thought it was related to vehicle damage but I fix whatever Im driving and it just doesn't work.

Jrmint

Anyone know if your stats save for the match when their servers crashed or do they not save until after that match is over? I was kicking ass too.

cameltoe

ran great on my rig 1920x1080 all maxed no aa HBAO on

q6600
4870 1 gb
vista 32
3gb ram

looks amazing with FOV at 85....

make the mistake of playing the pc version first then trying the 360...UGH! Is it just me or do enemies take less bullets with the 360 version? (wasnt playing HC )

Cobra84

anddo0 said:
Servers are back up, but the stats seem to be off. Say's I've been playing for 42mins, I've been on since 6pm.
They are, just lost a level and a vehicle level I gained in the last match before the crash.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Lunchbox said:
Hey guyz

This is why Infinity Ward didnt want some dedicated server bullshit

fourzerotwo Redeemed

i wanna play :'(

Dedicated servers actually take the load off of EA's servers. PC gamers just can't play right now because you have to log into your EA account to play on said dedicated servers.

anddo0

Cobra84 said:
They are, just lost a level and a vehicle level I gained in the last match before the crash.

You have got to be shitting me.. Everything I've accomplished tonight is gone! Guns, rank, spec's, everything....

I took out six tanks yesterday on one map at the first base with a stationary RPG before I was taken out. I don't know what was going on, if I so much as peek out from behind cover a tank gets me, but I'm standing there for several minutes on that thing and it never even occurs to any of the tank drivers to see where all that damage is coming from. I also took out a hummer later on in the level with a stationary RPG and ran like fuck when it started cartwheeling right towards me.

Teknopathetic said:
Was having some good games on the GAF server. That poor 15sa clan was getting worked.
I was in their squad for a while - not one time did they ever stick together. One guy in each corner of the map for the duration of the round; don't think they knew you could spawn on squadmates.

anddo0 said:
You have got to be shitting me.. Everything I've accomplished tonight is gone! Guns, rank, spec's, everything....

Yeah, same here. It's probably server side issues though. Im currently back to rank 1. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom