• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Masta_Killah said:
:lol glad I was on your team.
no shit!

Is there a way to force the game to run as admin in Windows 7? I want to launch it through Steam but I can't figure out how to do that as administrator, and if I don't run as admin I don't see pings.

eznark said:
no shit!

Is there a way to force the game to run as admin in Windows 7? I want to launch it through Steam but I can't figure out how to do that as administrator, and if I don't run as admin I don't see pings.

Try adding non-steam game on steam. Find the BF.exe and add it. Worked for me. If you need to run it as admin, right click the exe file and select "run as admin."

Edit: right click exe, go to properties> compatibility tab, check "run as admin."

Coolshop FTW!!!

I just ordered the PC version from them - not only do they promise delivery on release, but I also used some Coolshop points which got me it for £21.49. UK GAFers - this website is excellent if you are wanting it on disc.

Kibbles

Anyone know how we view our screenshots? If you hold back and press start it says "Saving Screenshot..." but I can't find it anywhere.

[edit] Lol another bad server launch. EA hasn't fucking learned. Same thing happened with BFBC1 Beta, Demo, Game. Then the BFBC2 Beta, Demo, and now game!

Jrmint

I'd probably wait for tomorrow guys, chances are the crash will happen again tonight and you'll lose that progress and be pissed.

Couple questions-

1. Anyone running on a 4850 and E8400 dual core or something similar? How's performance? I don't have to crank settings way up but a stable framerate is nice.

2. Just wishful thinking, but if I buy this game retail I can't register it on steam, right? Have a Barnes and Noble giftcard I need to use up.

kamspy

They must have optimized the FUCK out of something for single player.

Phenom II BE 955
BFG OC 275 GTX
4 GB DDR2 1066
Vista 32
DX10

I haven't ran FRAPS, but SP looks absolutely gorgeous the jungle level is out of this world. I'm getting between 35-60+ (haven't frap'd) with the average a lot closer the 60 than 30. The drops are momentary and as smooth a drop can be. If I wasn't such a whore I would think it was stapled at 60.

Settings are:
1280x720
High every execpt medium shadows
16x Q&C AA
16x AF
vync off (d3doverrider on)
HBAO off

Brightness and contrast both at 68 (these matter a shit ton to me. defaults were off, ymmv)

DICE, I love you. This is really feels like the a new generation of a shooter. Crysis did the SP right, but BC2 has the total package. Fuckin 10/10

Audio through my HT 5.1 is fucking awesome. Even better on the headphones. Very much worth every penny of $50.

I'm saying this at a time when MP is completely broken for me (can no longer join matches). but the game is so good I'm completely sure they'll fix it by the weekend. If I didn't have the Steam version I'd be trying to fuck the disc right now. I'm might break out the hard drive right now come to think about it. brb

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Why does vsync not work at all on my radeon 4870x2? Any fixes? The tearing is driving me mad.

EDIT: Nevermind, just remembered d3doverrider. What a magical little program.

:lol The game is showing a ton of string text issues. Just checked out the credits and it looks horrible. Also, some of the text for the options are all string text. There's also a ton of text overlap.

I've gotten a weird bug a couple of times. I'll be joining a game and the map is loading.. and then it kicks me out to the Xbox 360 Dashboard/Media Blade thing. Wtf?

UltimaPoo said:
Ok servers are up for me on 360.

Just had to exit to dashboard and come back in.

Anyone up for some games?

GT: Josef Redbeard.

Just sent a FR, I'm CriscoGiant.

Lkr

kamspy said:
They must have optimized the FUCK out of something for single player.

Phenom II BE 955
BFG OC 275 GTX
4 GB DDR2 1066
Vista 32
DX10

I haven't ran FRAPS, but SP looks absolutely gorgeous the jungle level is out of this world. I'm getting between 35-60+ (haven't frap'd) with the average a lot closer the 60 than 30. The drops are momentary and as smooth a drop can be. If I wasn't such a whore I would think it was stapled at 60.

Settings are:
1280x720
High every execpt medium shadows
16x Q&C AA
16x AF
vync off (d3doverrider on)
HBAO off

Brightness and contrast both at 68 (these matter a shit ton to me. defaults were off, ymmv)

DICE, I love you. This is really feels like the a new generation of a shooter. Crysis did the SP right, but BC2 has the total package. Fuckin 10/10

Audio through my HT 5.1 is fucking awesome. Even better on the headphones. Very much worth every penny of $50.

I'm saying this at a time when MP is completely broken for me (can no longer join matches). but the game is so good I'm completely sure they'll fix it by the weekend. If I didn't have the Steam version I'd be trying to fuck the disc right now. I'm might break out the hard drive right now come to think about it. brb
works just as well on MP too. they did a great optimization job. now I just need to replace my GTS 250

Finished 3 levels of campaign, and I have to say its been pretty disappointing so far. I already miss the wide open levels (this thing is ultra linear and cramped), the everpresent need to avoid getting shot (regenerating health removes all sense of danger), and more assault oriented maps, as opposed to the me-too mimickry of Call of Duty style epic moments. Call of Duty just does this stuff much better.

It doesn't feel much at all like Bad Company so far, and still has the same completely empty buildings to run through. I just don't get it.

Hopefully the campaign just starts off slowly...

RotBot

It's stupid how when you come across a squad of enemies as a medic from behind, you'll get more kills by trying to knife everyone than by using the LMG.

Amneisac

I'm of course experiencing all the same problems everyone else in (on the 360 version) but I'm also getting booted back to the main menu randomly in the middle of online games. I've also gotten the thing where the map doesn't load and I get exited to the dashboard, but is anyone else getting kicked back to the menu midgame without any error messages or anything?

I'm just trying to figure out if it's somehow my internet connection or if it's related to all the rest of the problems. None of my other friends have had this specific problem.

Ysiadmihi said:
Barely able to get on servers and when I do, I get kicked by Punkbuster (I wasn't before). Anyone else with PB issues?

Yes, I just went to http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-bc2.php and downloaded this file and renamed it, havn't got kicked yet but we shall see. What server is everyone playing on?

Aaaannndddd there I go getting kicked again. This shit has been pretty frustrating, the 5 seconds I actually get to play each time are amazing though.

burgerdog

Played two hours of mp earlier with a good squad and it was insanely fun. The maps are so fucking good, and look great to boot. Can't wait to play some more tomorrow.

PEZIX

Banned
YO what the fuck is up with A site on the second staging area on Arica Harbor Hardcore?

ITS FUCKING IN THE GROUND??!!!

ON another note... One match 8 outa 12 people sniping on our team... me and my bud(non snipers) *3025points(me) and 2985points(bud)*inmatch... next highest score 850??????? Youd think they would get the point :lol

BUT JESUS FUCKIN RANDY MACHO MAN SAVAGE THIS GAME IS PURE BRUTAL MURDER!!!
(didnt punch any babies due to the fear they will die)...

If there was one thing I learned from the iraq war it would definently have to be that car bombs are super effective

ATV+C4= HAhahaha fucker didnt even see that one coming :lol

peace

RotBot said:
It's stupid how when you come across a squad of enemies as a medic from behind, you'll get more kills by trying to knife everyone than by using the LMG.

yes? You ARE using a freakin MACHINE GUN so a knife might be quieter. I'm with you brotha though I just shock em with the paddles.

kamspy

I was wrong....I am getting a perfect 59-60 fps. I just frapped it and it capped at 60 when I was recording.

Uploading now. Will share the glorious spoils. Game looks fantastic. I get killed because I'm just fucking looking around and shooting the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom