• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
welp just like BF2 Launch day is a cluster fuck, i used punkbuster's update tool to manually update this shit FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

1. I didn't receive the preorder keys. They said come back tomorrow.
2. Damn lag! DAMN LAG! I think it's on my end...
3. People are so fucking dumb! I mean no offense but EVERYONE IS A FUCKING RECON! No one is doing their fucking job and everyone is running AS FAR FROM THE MAP AS POSSIBLE so they can camp and snipe! Fuck... First day noobs, I guess. In every game, defenders won cause all they did was snipe, and all the attackers did was snipe...
4. Yeah, the problems for Beta are not fixed. WTF Dice? This game needs patch now!
5. Store ain't up yet for "Day One" DLC? What about Limited Edition weapons/specs?

Luixfern

Hey guys,

I got a server set up in Chicago if you guys wanna use. Admins round the clock ready to kick out the douchebags.

Server Name: Phaze II 1st Llama Division RANKED

Server IP:68.232.182.145:19567

Players: 32

EDIT: Forgot to say it's RUSH mode.

Luixfern said:
Hey guys,

I got a server set up in Chicago if you guys wanna use. Admins round the clock ready to kick out the douchebags.

Server Name: Phaze II 1st Llama Division RANKED

Server IP:68.232.182.145:19567

Players: 32

Awesome man. Add this info to the BC2 thread in the online section. We got a 24 player server set up, but a 32 would be sweet as well.

Druz

Haven't read the thread but I hope PC users are adjusting their field of view to like 75... game looks insanely good.

Technosteve said:
welp just like BF2 Launch day is a cluster fuck, i used punkbuster's update tool to manually update this shit FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Seriously? I can't believe they still can't get this right.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Doesn't help that EA seems to be using the same master server for all 3 platforms which is just a collosal mistake.

Daigoro

glad i bought this game on day 1!

so fun being denied by the EA severs and waiting through 15 minutes of "updating stats" and giving up to go play single player before bed. :lol

luka said:
Why does vsync not work at all on my radeon 4870x2? Any fixes? The tearing is driving me mad.

EDIT: Nevermind, just remembered d3doverrider. What a magical little program.
whats weird is that it only works in fullscreen, in beta it worked on both fullscreen/window mode. its driving me crazy.

HiredMan

Hey all. Quick question. At work and dont have time to skim thread....

Is there auto heal in BC2? I note that the assault class no longer has their syringe, but there is still a medic class with health packs. Also, I have heard that there is now MW'esque kill cams.

If both auto heal and kill cams (that completely give away the position of the attacker), might put me off a purchase :(

Can someone who is playing elaborate for me?

Ta

HM

mikeGFG

Banned
I guess multi is down, but going on singleplayer mode, have all the tweaks and optimizations from beta made it into retail?

Just played my first two hours of multiplayer. It seems like helicopters, both the normal chopper and UAV are overpowered. Maybe not overpowered so much as they respawn too fast.

epmode

Man, Punkbuster is a pile of crap. Or maybe it's just EA's servers. Or both. Whatever it is, I can't stay in a game for longer than 2 minutes.

ToyMachine228 said:
Just played my first two hours of multiplayer. It seems like helicopters, both the normal chopper and UAV are overpowered. Maybe not overpowered so much as they respawn too fast.

Yeah, I think so too. Not by much though. I did, however, get my first Tag-then-rocket-launcher-kill combo. Felt awesome! Triple kill as well.

Also, same match and on the next respawn I took one out with the stationary AT and got that achievement. Great feeling watching it explode!

And to get a guy with a UAV, I crept into their base and got the Dentist achievement. Pretty awesome.

bloodforge said:
Argh, I can't join any games. I click a server and get "Cannot connect to server. Check network cable". I'm getting quite annoyed.
exit game, steam updated something for it when I did and then I was able to join a game.

epmode

I did. It updated. Still kicks me.

Tried running as admin, tried disabling firewalls/virus scanners, tried the DMZ, no go.

edit: Actually, which version are you running? I have the Steam version. I *think* that the EA and retail versions have been patched to a later release but Steam hasn't...

If that's true, that could definitely explain it.

Violater

Can someone please explain the specialization unlocks?
Does unlocking the scopes for the assault for example enable it to be used for all the assault rifles?

sflufan

Banned
For those of you who are having PB issues and are using the Steam version of the game, try disabling the Steam Overlay as PB and the Overlay do NOT play nicely with each other!

Daigoro

help! im having problems with my stupid dumbfuck EA account.

i changed email addresses on my LIVE gamer tag, im assuming this is the problem. i tried logging in with my old email but apparently my LIVE account isnt associated with that email anymore. so i made a new EA account with the email my LIVE id is associated with now, but when i try to link my LIVE id to that email, of course, it says that the live ID is already being used...

such a shitty system. ill be fucking annoyed if i cant get a stupid unlock because EA accounts feel like being picky bitches.

any advice?

edit: OH GOOD. the Battlefield blog let me log in and has 2 accounts associated with it, the CORRECT one, and one that does not belong to me AT ALL.

of course the BFBC2 site has no such info on my and still think ive never played a BF 2 game in my life...

SNAFU!

seriously fuck this shit.

Had some good games with Nelo and Finjitsu. Awesome games guys!

Also I finally get to the defib, so I'm rocking the medic class now.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I've had the very beginning of the first single player mission freeze up on me every time I've played it.

I'll either get up to the two guys I'm supposed to knife, or close to them, and the screen will freeze.

The weird thing is, the sound keeps playing, and if I hit my guide button, I hear the guide coming up noise. I can't seem to input anything else after that though.

There are no screen artifacts, and the xbox doesn't red ring or anything. It just freezes the image on the screen.

Just tried playing a few other games, and they ran without a hitch.

Is my box dying?

epmode

sflufan said:
For those of you who are having PB issues and are using the Steam version of the game, try disabling the Steam Overlay as PB and the Overlay do NOT play nicely with each other!
Just tried it. Kicked within 10 seconds. Again.

At least I'm getting kicked from dedicated servers, though! That's something! Wheee, PB

HiredMan

HiredMan said:
Hey all. Quick question. At work and dont have time to skim thread....

Is there auto heal in BC2? I note that the assault class no longer has their syringe, but there is still a medic class with health packs. Also, I have heard that there is now MW'esque kill cams.

If both auto heal and kill cams (that completely give away the position of the attacker), might put me off a purchase :(

Can someone who is playing elaborate for me?

Ta

HM

Sorry to be a pain, but if someone could take 30 seconds to answer my questions I'd be very appreciative.

Sent

No auto heal. Killcam is a 3rd person look at your killer, it can give away their position, but often times it won't.

HiredMan said:
Sorry to be a pain, but if someone could take 30 seconds to answer my questions I'd be very appreciative.

Medics have medkits (you have to earn them though, you don't start out with them) and later get defib units that will revive teamates and squad members.

The kill cam is nothing like MW... It's a third person view of the person after they had killed you.

Also the kill cam is off in hardcore mode.

HiredMan said:

There is no auto heal that I've noticed. The only way to heal is with a Medic's health packs far as I know. As for kill cams, they aren't really kill cams. After you are killed you get a quick view of the enemy that killed you. A several second feed. So if you're smart you can piece together where he/she is. Going after them isn't always the smartest thing to do though obviously.

epmode said:
I did. It updated. Still kicks me.

Tried running as admin, tried disabling firewalls/virus scanners, tried the DMZ, no go.

edit: Actually, which version are you running? I have the Steam version. I *think* that the EA and retail versions have been patched to a later release but Steam hasn't...

If that's true, that could definitely explain it.

I have the retail version. Sounds like steam is behind with the pb update.

HiredMan said:

There's a killcam, but it doesn't give away exact location. It just shows you who killed you and the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom