• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gully State said:
You don't start out with a defib?

dude you don't even start with a med pack.

EDIT - 360 version with codes entered. No classes had their basic equips, engineers had to earn the repair tool as well. Example.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
zero margin said:
Whaaaaaat :lol

Smokey

Ok..when you use the little UAV drone thing or w/e...does it fire missiles or anything? I used it and was high up and was mashing on buttons since I didn't know what to do (and there was a enemy tank right in front of me and I had my sights on it too:lol ) but nothing was firing..then I got shot down :(

MisterAnderson said:
Sorry if these are noob questions...but where the hell is the PC version store? Isn't there some VIP code I'm supposed to input somewhere to get some maps? Are those limited edition perks already unlocked for me as well?

Another question: For sound settings, I have a 5.1 surround setup. Should I choose hifi or home cinema?

Could anyone help me out here? Sorry for the repost, just wanted to get this on the new page.

Damn. I am so rough now! Went from 1.5-2 K/D to .25-.5 from the beta. Guess I gotta get used to it.

Conquest, as usual, is only fun with a lot of people. Just played a good round at Nelson on the GAF server--what a cool map. Well, it may not have been that...it was a snow map though. Did better there.

One round in Conquest (Panama Canal) I went 0 for 8 :lol Some of the more wide open maps are rough with low player counts, especially when half go sniper...At one point I spawned on a squadmate right over a capture point, thinking "Excellent! I'll help him cap". He along with another Recon were on the roof "sniping".

Performance is GREAT, much improved from beta. I have a q9550, 5770 GPU, 8 gb RAM, and I'm at 720p, 8x AA, 16x AA, all settings to high, horrid bloom off, hbao off, DX11, and it's a super smooth 60 fps.

I set my FOV to 90 initially but got such a bad fisheye effect it screwed up my vision. Set it to 75 and much better.

FOR ANY STEAM USERS WHO CANT GET UNLOCKS GOING:

Here's what I did.

1-Launched game, redeemed the code.
2-Exit the game.
3-Steam should give you a notification that it finished downloading something related to BC2.
4-Voila! Guns, gadgets, and maps are unlocked.

Also a good thing to check is your Punkbuster. Make sure that's updated--could be affecting all the kicking that's going on.

So far, I think Rush is better if you just want frenetic action. Conquest is a bit more open ended, but I wouldn't say one is better than the other.

zero margin said:

EDIT - 360 version with codes entered. No classes had their basic equips, engineers had to earn the repair tool as well. Example.

You need veteran status to start with that stuff.

Those PC screens look gorgeous.

I wish the 360 version looked just as good. There are so many jaggies and pixelated foilage going on. Still looks great but it does hurt my eyes sometimes. :(

I pre-ordered from gamestop too and got a card with a VIP code handed to me with my PS3 copy. There was also a different card inside the game box with a different code. I don't get it.

Linkzg said:
anyone else on pc failing to connect?

If it's your first time, have you updated to the latest version? Had issues connecting last night and found out the game doesn't auto update. Gotta go to the BF folder and manually update.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
user friendly said:
K, why is my music only playing in the menu and not during the actual gameplay, what the hell am I missing here.
I'm sure there's no music online :lol

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Those PC screens look gorgeous.

I wish the 360 version looked just as good. There are so many jaggies and pixelated foilage going on. Still looks great but it does hurt my eyes sometimes. :(

Us 360 guys manage somehow.

Smokey said:
Ok..when you use the little UAV drone thing or w/e...does it fire missiles or anything? I used it and was high up and was mashing on buttons since I didn't know what to do (and there was a enemy tank right in front of me and I had my sights on it too:lol ) but nothing was firing..then I got shot down :(

You can fire a single rocket with right trigger and have to wait like 10 to 15 seconds to fire again...with a secondary fire vehicle perk you can use a chain gun with right bumper.

BigKaboom2 said:
Do you have the code? Just go to Multiplayer => Redeem Code and enter it.

Thanks man, didn't catch the "redeem code" option under multiplayer. I was scouring the internet/ea websites for some kind of redeem section like Bioware/Ea's Mass Effect 2 code redemptions.

zero margin said:
Us 360 guys manage somehow.
It's still great.

I was a little gasped at first saying, what? Is there something wrong with my TV, system, or game?

Which is why I was frantic and asked everyone here if this was normal.

I guess it is.

There is no anti-aliasing in the 360 version.

Mulberry

macfoshizzle said:
on the friends screen and do a search for friend

look for gafbcbf2 and request friend

if gafbcbf2 isn't full, it will automatically accept.

now anytime you want to play with a gaf user, go look at gafbcbf2 profile and click on the 2nd tab and you'll see his friends list. now you can see all the gaf players.

on the xbox live dashboard?
and is it gafbcbf2 or gafbfbc2

Yeah jumped in a friends room and they were backed up all the way on Valdez. Unfortunately they allowed the other team to steal our Apache and they just rained fire on us. That in combination with the surprising lack of ammo drop or other equipment from the get go hurt my KDR quite a bit to start but I've made up for it after getting past the initial shock of the new maps and lack of upgrades.

Digital-Hero said:
Any PS3 players having problems with the VIP CODE?

I had to do it a number of times. The time that worked I used caps, dashes, and hit start instead of pressing X on Enter.

I'm using the official PS3 mic. It's pretty common, but I'm getting a lot of of my sound system picking up on my MIC. MAG's sensitivity options worked great, is there a good solution for this? I know I'll never be free of other people's mics picking up TV sound, but I personally don't want to add to the problem.

Also, what mode can't I play because I didn't buy it from Gamestop?

Apollo

Banned
Gully State said:
You don't start out with a defib?
you don't start off with nothing in med class but your gun and when u unlock med kit it didn't even show up in the gadget screen like it suppose to. I posted pics in this thread already showing it. I actually can use it now but at first I couldn't use it even after unlocking it.

Animator

Holy shit this game is AMAZING. I feel bad for not playing the earlier BF games before.

People really need to get into the habit of marking enemies though.

j-wood

How does the voice chat work in this game? Is it like Killzone 2 (squad mates hear you all the time, everyone else is proximity)?

Mr. Snrub said:
Doesn't that mean that YOU are lagging?

THought I was, but the people I saw were zipping. Not all though, just a few people. Also, the servers I joined are in the teens for ping.

FFS, I keep getting kicked back to the lobby each time our gaf server is done with a map. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom