• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
where is the steam's version unlocks? i should of just bought fucking retail. Now i log in to server i get message of You have been kicked form server. fucking technologies sweet

belvedere

Junior Butler
Is there an update for the Steam version?

Not seeing any servers and I don't see the updater .exe like I had in the beta.

Ugh... keep getting server full messages on servers that aren't full. They have 1-3 spots open but it wont let me in. Even with a refresh, it shows the same open spots. Getting annoyed and about to just call it a night.

Edit: WTF... just tried to get into a 32 player server that only had 13 players. Said that shit was full....

Nelo Ice

Banned
so anyone else use the garand? unless i feel like using the XM8, i'm usually running around with the garand for my loadout :lol

belvedere

Junior Butler
"Connection to the game server has been lost. Please check your network connection and try again."

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Is the Battlefield Veteran site still not working for Bad Company 2 and 1943? Also, how do you unlock the Garand? Wasn't it through Battlefield Veteran?

mattso

so is anyone else getting weird boxes that pop up when you switch weapons or when there's a message on the screen/the indicator to where you're supposed to go?

Is there any way I can fix this?

Tokubetsu

Masta_Killah said:
Ugh... keep getting server full messages on servers that aren't full. They have 1-3 spots open but it wont let me in. Even with a refresh, it shows the same open spots. Getting annoyed and about to just call it a night.

Might be private slots.

Salacious Crumb

Anyone Win7/Vista users having PB issues even after they have manually updated it should try running the game as admin. BF2 Has huge PB problems under win7/vista unless you run as admin.

So if I remember correctly you were going to unlock the M1A1 Garand by linking both Bad Company 2 and 1943 to your Battlefield Veteran/EA Online account, correct? Well, since neither 43 or the BC2 linking are working on veteran.battlefield.com how do I see people online using the Garand? Am I missing something?

Pennybags

This was a good first night (love the game), but Veteran status (NEED that Garand!) and the My Soldier webpage are not functioning properly.

Maybe I'll get my M1 tomorrow... :(

I was actually surprised that the servers held together more than they did during the 1943 launch.

Supa

To everyone who would like the Xbox 360 version of the game for free:

Here's a giveaway for a brand new Xbox 360 console including Battlefield: Bad Company 2!
It's sponsored by the Battlefield Bracket Challenge that GameStop is holding this week. But all you have to do is leave a comment saying which celeb team you think will win.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/20...nsole-including-battlefield-bad-company-2.htm

I hope this is ok to post here, I've got nothing to gain from this. It's just awesome. :D

Tokubetsu

ToyMachine228 said:
So if I remember correctly you were going to unlock the M1A1 Garand by linking both Bad Company 2 and 1943 to your Battlefield Veteran/EA Online account, correct? Well, since neither 43 or the BC2 linking are working on veteran.battlefield.com how do I see people online using the Garand? Am I missing something?

You don't need to have 1943. You just need a rank of 1 on bf veteran to unlock it. You can get this by simply making a BF Heroes account if this is your first battlefield game.

Pennybags said:
This was a good first night (love the game), but Veteran status (NEED that Garand!) and the My Soldier webpage are not functioning properly.

Maybe I'll get my M1 tomorrow... :(

I was actually surprised that the servers held together more than they did during the 1943 launch.

The my soldier pages for 1943 were messing up around launch as well.

It'll get fixed soon enough.

Veteran however...

UFRA

Ugh...I surely thought that by tonight the BC2 store would be up so I could put in my code for Squad Rush and what not...

When I entered my weapons and gadgets for Multiplayer, it prompted me to put in a code if I had one, so I was at least able to use the code that came with the game to unlock the maps and "perks" or whatever. Now I just want to use my Gamestop pre-order code to get the rest of my goodies :(

I have to admit, I cringed everytime I read "BFBC2 > MW2" replies or threads. But I'm slowly starting to agree with them, LOL!

It's all preference and they are two different but awesome shooter experiences, but right now, I'm liking BGBC2 better. I think it's the maps. They're so vast and so much to do! I can actually go on top of roofs or towers to snipe whereas in MW2 the ladders for the towers are blocked!

I like the huge maps because it feels more like a war.

It's really good and much better than I thought!

It also feels more intense than MW2, but in a different way. When I get kills in this game, it feels like an accomplishment and I feel good. In MW2, anyone can get kills even the biggest noobs!

I love both games but right now, BFBC2 is great!

Das-J

Law of the West
Ok, whoever wrote Sarge's "50 cent" dialog deserves a fucking medal... that shit had me in tears! :lol

I love the battlefield chatter in this game... can't wait to stumble onto some more gems! :D

Technosteve said:
MW2 > BFBC2 PC at least i can play online in MW2 at launch ;_;

wgu89e.gif

j-wood said:
What is this spotting thing everyone keeps talking about?

The manual for this game sucks :(

Press the back button when you spot an enemy. It'll bring up a red triangle over them so your teammates can spot them.

Note: This does not work in hardcore mode.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Whew finally beat the campaign :lol. A couple rough spots here and there had me frustrated but, overall pretty damn good.

j-wood

UltimaPooh said:
wgu89e.gif

Press the back button when you spot an enemy. It'll bring up a red triangle over them so your teammates can spot them.

Note: This does not work in hardcore mode.

When you say back do you mean left on the d-pad? This has to be while you're alive right? Not while you're dead?

Is there like a more in depth manual on EA's website or something, explaining all this stuff you can do in multiplayer?

j-wood said:
When you say back do you mean left on the d-pad? This has to be while you're alive right? Not while you're dead?

No, the actual back button. If you're playing on PS3 it might be the select button.

Yes you have to be alive.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I am in heaven. I just unlocked the red dot scope for the Medic class, and I am just continuously blown away by the new maps. Goddamn. Panama Canal is gorgeous. I think Atacama Desert is my new favorite map.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Cool! How long was it? Reviews say around 5-7 hours.

Is that about right?

I started playing around 4PM, took a couple breaks, finished up around 12:30AM.

Soooooooo about 7-8hrs I'd say.

j-wood

UltimaPooh said:
No, the actual back button. If you're playing on PS3 it might be the select button.

Yes you have to be alive.

I am on the PS3, but nothing is labeled as the "back button." Select spots an objective. If we are playing rush, and I target a bomb site and push select, it sets that as the objective for my squad. Push that when I see an enemy as well?

Otherwise, X = jump, O = use/enter vehicle, Triangle = swap weapons, Square = reload.

j-wood

Menelaus said:
Yes. No one cares about marking objectives in practice, just players.

I've been doing it for my squad because if you mark an objective, and then say defend that objective, you get bonus points.

Pankaks said:
I started playing around 4PM, took a couple breaks, finished up around 12:30AM.

Soooooooo about 7-8hrs I'd say.

Really? Eight and half hours? And I thought I took my time. It was no more than five for me on normal.

An excellent five, no doubt...but still only five.

Beaulieu

God damnit the spotting "cooldown" or whatever it is the implemented over the demo fucking sucks. Its inconsistent as FUCK. Is it a cooldown ? Is it when ennemies are too far ? What the fuck is it ?

I hope it's a fuckin bug it's driving me crazy.

If it was to avoid exploit on PC at least leave it the way in was on console this is pissing me off way too much...

How could they fuck a feature up like this when it was perfectly fine in the demo ? ?

DIce said anything about that yet ?

Edit : conquest mode fucking sucks, just like in bad company 1. It was clearly designed around rush, and the maps are way to small for effective conquest games. Leave that for Battlefield 3.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
tried to use my pre-order code for the free gun and mp mode, but the PS3 version says the store is not available.

Just me, or everyone? I assume everyone.

sflufan said:
For those of you who are having PB issues and are using the Steam version of the game, try disabling the Steam Overlay as PB and the Overlay do NOT play nicely with each other!
How do you disable the overlay?

j-wood said:
I've been doing it for my squad because if you mark an objective, and then say defend that objective, you get bonus points.

You also get points if someone on your team kills the person you spotted.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
TeethMummy said:
tried to use my pre-order code for the free gun and mp mode, but the PS3 version says the store is not available.

Just me, or everyone? I assume everyone.
Everyone.

abuC

Been playing hardcore mostly, it's so much slower paced than the normal mode, Im not sure which one to play as my go to mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom