• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everdred

KuroNeeko said:
Hey guys,

Never really played any of the BF series except for 1943 on XBL
and Battlefield Heroes
. If I liked that game is there a decent chance I'll like this one?

Does it play well on the 360?
The game plays pretty similar compared 1943, so if you liked that I don't see why you wouldn't enjoy this.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Prezhulio said:
demo=basically no cooldown, spam select/back while unloading and the recoil would hit them eventually and spot them (or this is how it would work well for me at least)

now, it feels like there's a good 2 seconds of cooldown between EACH press of the select button, whether you spotted someone or not, so i can't really hammer on it when someone is going to take me down unless that first button press is aimed dead on them... i definitely understand it needed to be changed, but now i can't spot worth a damn right now. oh well it'll take some practice.

Crap. I'm quite pissed about this. :/

Thanks for the info.

Metiphis

Had a great time on the GAF server, I added the clan tag to my name, I hope no one minds. Also I was getting really confident in my Helicopter piloting skills. Spl1nter knows what I mean.

P.S. I never heard anyone on voice chat. Is it not working? When I press left alt there is no real symbol to let me know I am broadcasting.

cresto

TTP said:
Crap. I'm quite pissed about this. :/

Thanks for the info.
Why? While it was nice to have the spot feature so accessible, it was easily abused. I know how useful it is, but it doesn't really make sense to be sitting on a hill spamming the button all the time. If you see a sniper, just take an extra second and aim on him to point him out. Maybe if they increased the duration they are scene would help. Of course I am basing this off not trying it myself and how I used it during the demo, so go figure.

There is a lot about this game I have questions about that aren't very apparent. I don't appreciate that. I just want to be able to look up simple questions like the spot duration. For all I know if could only last as long as you can see them. Oh well.

Tokubetsu

Metiphis said:
Had a great time on the GAF server, I added the clan tag to my name, I hope no one minds. Also I was getting really confident in my Helicopter piloting skills. Spl1nter knows what I mean.

P.S. I never heard anyone on voice chat. Is it not working? When I press left alt there is no real symbol to let me know I am broadcasting.

Fuck you and your shotgun.

KuroNeeko said:
Hey guys,

Never really played any of the BF series except for 1943 on XBL
and Battlefield Heroes
. If I liked that game is there a decent chance I'll like this one?

Does it play well on the 360?
Much much better. Much better. More intense, more fun, more addicting.

If you liked BF1943 you'll love BFBC2! :D

anyone else find the SP to be a mess? felt like a technical demo where they put all the cool ideas they could think of together (tank, for example), without considering how the volume of the stuff makes it not all fit together well.

also, cheap deaths are cheap. I enjoyed it for the most part, but won't be playing the SP again.

I think if the SP was longer, everything (including the story pacing) would have worked much better. Game could have used about 3 more hours of gameplay to make it feel right.

Teknopathetic said:
"Stop playing so much."

I've only got 7 hours clocked and I'm done for the night. Tell that to the dudes with over 24 hours logged.

Tell me about it...it's ridiculous seeing rank 11 guys running around already...

LowParry

Ya know, there's nothing more exciting than a point blank head shot with the sniper. You're literally left there with a blink mind of 'wtf just happened'.

And let me just say, you snipe a few people and they go into some sort of rage mode on ya where they just charge full speed your way. Crazy I tell ya.

When I started off playing tonight I was doing horribly and getting incredibly frustrated. Then I played this one round of Rush mode and something clicked and I started doing incredibly well. I was defending one base and a tank drove up-I threw some C4 on it and went to detonate-one enemy hopped out of the tank and came towards me so I hit the trigger-the tank blows up, takes the enemy out and I killed myself-all of a sudden the screen starts going nuts with the bonus points-defender, destroying vehicle, killing enemies-more than I can even remember-there must have been at least 8 bonuses I got from that-and at the end of the match-we held the last site from getting destroyed and I look at the scoreboard and I'm in first place. The feeling of accomplishment was incredible! There is a steep learning curve, but man does it pay off once you hit a groove. Deploying medic packs everywhere at a bomb site just racks up the points.

Manager

Cuban Legend said:

Wow....

3321-bfbc2fov.png

scoobs

This game is amazing and runs WAY better than the beta. Running at max settings with 4x AA/8x AF, HBAO = off. Feels like I'm averaging at the very least 60 fps. More likely I'm averaging around 80.

New maps are great. I love this game. The end.

"Is the server browser better than the asstasticism that was the one in beta >_<?"

It's functional (now, couldn't say the same thing about 7 hours or so ago). You can sort by ping, name, filter various stuff, search, etc. It's still slow as shit. I don't think DICE will ever get it 100% right.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Teknopathetic said:
"Is the server browser better than the asstasticism that was the one in beta >_<?"

It's functional (now, couldn't say the same thing about 7 hours or so ago). You can sort by ping, name, filter various stuff, search, etc. It's still slow as shit. I don't think DICE will ever get it 100% right.

The thing is, they've had a horrible server browser since BF1942. How it can still possibly be this bad is mind boggling. How many iterations have they gone through, and still they can't figure it out? It's been 10+ years of making these things.

Look at Infinity Ward's pre-MW2 browser. Or look at Valve's. How can they make such bad browsers?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Am I the only one playing the campaign? :lol

It's a strange thing - they've removed the wacky hijinks (still don't know how they were "recaptured") and turned it into a light version of Uncharted that parodies Modern Warfare.

They even tried to have some set pieces but... well, the DICE style of design just doesn't work well for storytelling unfortunately.

But hey, at least multiplayer is fine - if the EA servers just worked.

Overall I'd have to say this hasn't been as fun as the demo. Spotting feels so broken and I've had way too many 12v3 games that are just boring as fuck.

logen9999

Banned
i'm floored by how well this game runs. i was really considering an upgrade after playing the beta but it looks as if i'm good with my 4850 for another few months.

i'm getting 50 when it gets real crazy. and 70s+ when calm.

mind you i'm only playing on 769 by 1366 with no AA (win xp) i'll see how it runs when i install win 7 and try adding 2xAA

and i agree about spotting. you never know when its going to work or not.

Daigoro

Tokubetsu said:
You can try but my SCAR or SAW will find your head everytime ;) [You might get lucky with an RPG to the face]

thats it. im double dipping and getting the PC version asap.

your ass is grass pal!
GRASS!

Linkzg said:
I've settled on 75. Usually I prefer 80 to 85 on my 16:10 monitor, but it starts to have a fish-eye effect at 80. The default FOV being 55 is kinda crazy.

It's interesting, on that FOV site if you choose 85 at a resolution of 1080p, you end up with the default of 55 anyway. Maybe the game was built for high resolutions?

Anyway, the fact that they let you change FOV sort of reinforces how stupid it was to remove prone. DICE can't complain about disadvantages when half the players running around can see twice as much on screen.

Daigoro

i see our patron saint Faceless was banned.

we should expect a 3-5 page long post when he returns.

Son of Godzilla said:
Fucking haven't been able to join a game for half an hour. So obnoxious.

ug. hoping ill actually be able to play when i get home from work this morning...

Animator

Did anyone have their XP disappear on them? I unlocked a bunch of stuff for the medic but it suddenly went back to lvl 0 after a couple games. :(

Wthermans

Banned
I'm addicted to this game. It runs awesome compared to beta and the game play is action packed. I was running through a building earlier tonight only to look out a window as I'm strafing by to see an RPG fly through the window right by my head and take out the wall about 5 feet beside me. I'm splashed with blood and rush to cover only to see more enemies pour through the hole. They're dazed by the explosion and can't see much in the dust and I just tore through them with my XM8. I ended up running through the hole in the wall and knifing the Medic to take out their squad. It was one of the best pub moments I've played. :D

Wthermans said:
I'm addicted to this game. It runs awesome compared to beta and the game play is action packed. I was running through a building earlier tonight only to look out a window as I'm strafing by to see an RPG fly through the window right by my head and take out the wall about 5 feet beside me. I'm splashed with blood and rush to cover only to see more enemies pour through the hole. They're dazed by the explosion and can't see much in the dust and I just tore through them with my XM8. I ended up running through the hole in the wall and knifing the Medic to take out their squad. It was one of the best pub moments I've played. :D

This is one of the best games I've ever seen for moments like that. Literally EVERY single match, something crazy will happen somewhere on the map.

Metiphis

I had so much fun on the GAF server I really think it's where I will spend a lot of time. And since I finally unlocked my shock paddles, I can do my favorite thing in the world... running stupidly into bullet storms to rez my team like a true medic!!

Raide

Net_Wrecker said:
This is one of the best games I've ever seen for moments like that. Literally EVERY single match, something crazy will happen somewhere on the map.

This is exactly what defines the Battlefield games. Something crazy always happens. :lol

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
MickeyKnox said:
God I haven't played a comp shooter in so long, but does anyone know if there's a way to tweak out the input lag? short of disabling vsync

Triple buffering with d3doverrider

Can you play the PC version with a ps3 or xbox controller?
Tempted to buy it for the PC so I don't have to pay out to renew xbox live :lol
also is it going to run ok with this?
Untitled-2.jpg

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Johnlenham said:
Can you play the PC version with a ps3 or xbox controller?
Tempted to buy it for the PC so I don't have to pay out to renew xbox live :lol
also is it going to run ok with this?

Should be ok. You might want to OC the CPU a little though.

The game doesn't support gamepads. You'd get destroyed using one anyway :p

derFeef

Daigoro said:
isnt that supposed to make input lag slightly worse, or am i confusing my terms here?
Triple buffering only works with vsync on, and yes, it makes input lag worse (just tested)

Ysiadmihi said:
Should be ok. You might want to OC the CPU a little though.

The game doesn't support gamepads. You'd get destroyed using one anyway :p

Oh damn. Im not too hot with kb/mouse. If only if had bothered to try the pc demo and not the 360 one :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom