• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

g23

European pre-madonna
Rush mode is soo fun, the intensity of the firefights make for soo many "Battlefield" moments.

Need more people on the 360 side though, I guess cuz its the first day of launch..but all the servers are not that populated as of yet.

Multiplayer is so much addicting then the beta and better then MW2's multiplayer it is not even funny. I must have played 5 hours straight last night.

PC Version - Is anyone else not seeing a speaker icon next to their name when they press the button for push to talk with the mic? I cannot tell if people can hear me or not...

...or perhaps they are just ignoring me :-(

eek5

bc2round.jpg

oh man fun times :lol

Heh well that didn't take long for me to crack :lol £27 Vs £35+ another £30 to renew xbox live.

Heres hoping it runs ok and I can adjust to the keyboard!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Killthee said:
I created a new PSN/XBL Meetup thread that should make it easier to view everyone's PSN ID/Gamertag.

New PSN/XBL Meetup Thread.

You should add the ones that already posted in Fersis's thread to your google spreadsheet. I doubt some of them will catch the memo to come post in your console thread.

Should I make a Gamertag for 360 players or is there a better way to play with fellow Gafers? Yeah I be a noob.

edit: Nevermind, my noobness is in full effect as I just saw the post above me.

RbBrdMan said:
You should add the ones that already posted in Fersis's thread to your google spreadsheet. I doubt some of them will catch the memo to come post in your console thread.

Wait, where do 360 players go? Thanks for the help.

Once again nevermind my Wii browser didnt let me see the link.

Tokubetsu

A string of fucking AWFUL games this morning. I can't seem to find a decent server where people know what the fuck they're doing.

Binabik15

Is anything from the demo carrying over? I played on my brother´s Euro account to, but all those dog tags make me want to not create my own Euro account.

That´s what I get for using an US account for a sleeker PS Store interface while dl/ing demos :/.

DietRob

Binabik15 said:
Is anything from the demo carrying over? I played on my brother´s Euro account to, but all those dog tags make me want to not create my own Euro account.

That´s what I get for using an US account for a sleeker PS Store interface while dl/ing demos :/.

I would be shocked if anything carried over from demo. Note I haven't had the chance to play yet. But again I would be absolutely SHOCKED, that would be silly.

cameltoe

lots of fun on the gaf server last night (i was x smoothupinya)...will be hoping on again tonight.

Tried playing the 360 version last night after a few hours on the PC....nope aint gonna happen! Once you see the game with an 85 FOV you just cannot go back!

Az

I am not sure what has changed about the spotting compared to the demo. But to me it seems like there is some sort of cap on how many enemies you can spot at once. I didn't notice a timer between spotting, just not being able to spot after a certain number. It is actually a good decision since spamming the spot function like in the demo is not possible.

Also, I've become Mr. Anti-Heli. Keep shooting down those fuckers left and right. Really got a feel for the RPG now.

I took to the helicopter pretty quickly. Everyone was ignoring it so I figured it was practice time. Fighting other heli's is the best because I imagine the peons on the ground look up at my dogfight in awe, similar to how prehistoric man viewed the affairs of birds.

I didn't play the beta or demo, and I thought I was sucking it up big time. I checked the stats on my second game and I lead my team in points. Bad Company 2 are I going to be good friends.

Volcynika

Yeah, had some great fun on the GAF server last night, can't wait to play again.

I still need to figure out and remember what everything is for. Is there a visual notification when you're using voice chat? It seemed to default to left alt for push to talk and I saw nothing come up when I hit it, so I had no idea if it was working.

Granted, the only voice chat I heard the whole night was someone asking if people could hear them :lol

Billen

Banned
Class_A_Ninja said:
I took to the helicopter pretty quickly. Everyone was ignoring it so I figured it was practice time. Fighting other heli's is the best because I imagine the peons on the ground look up at my dogfight in awe, similar to how prehistoric man viewed the affairs of birds.

I didn't play the beta or demo, and I thought I was sucking it up big time. I checked the stats on my second game and I lead my team in points. Bad Company 2 are I going to be good friends.

Usually, the people on the ground are more into thinking along the lines of:
-"What the fuck are they doing, flying around like that? I would have done it so much better."

savor100

Is there any way to fully customize the controls for this game? I've read the booklet and I couldn't find anything and the game only seems to give you preset configurations (basically I'm trying to set triangle for jumping, too much Bioshock2 lately :D )

MMaRsu

Why the fuck can't I find any games? What's this bullshit :|?

360 version, PAL.

-edit-

router reset did the job :p

U2NUMB

Mizzou Gaming said:
Holy shit, I just installed my game to my 360's HDD and its only 4.9 gb? Ive never installed a game smaller than 5gb.

Try Borderlands :) It clocks in at like 3.3 gigs.

Oh and does anyone have any stats listed on their My Soldier page? Mine is still full of zeros.

DietRob

U2NUMB said:
Try Borderlands :) It clocks in at like 3.3 gigs.

Oh and does anyone have any stats listed on their My Soldier page? Mine is still full of zeros.

Where is this 'my soldier' page that you speak of? Somewhere on EA's site I presume. Does it track stats of console players also?

R2D4

Banned
Still can't get into a PC match for more than 30 seconds before PunkBuster kicks me. Yes I manually updated it.

DietRob

Runus said:
http://www.battlefield.com

Mine still has 0's too. It is being overwhelmed is my guess. And yes, it is supposed to track console stats too.

Thank you sir, I was hoping that the stats were tracked but I didn't remember reading anything about that. I bet EA didn't anticipate this game doing as well as it is. Perhaps they can relocate some of those decommissioned servers from the old games they've taken offline to provide us better support.

Runus said:
Mine still has 0's too. It is being overwhelmed is my guess. And yes, it is supposed to track console stats too.

From the site :
Don't be alarmed at seeing zero for all your stats!

We are getting your stats for the first time. Please wait for 16 minutes.

Beaulieu

ergo said:
Why? While it was nice to have the spot feature so accessible, it was easily abused. I know how useful it is, but it doesn't really make sense to be sitting on a hill spamming the button all the time. If you see a sniper, just take an extra second and aim on him to point him out. Maybe if they increased the duration they are scene would help. Of course I am basing this off not trying it myself and how I used it during the demo, so go figure.

There is a lot about this game I have questions about that aren't very apparent. I don't appreciate that. I just want to be able to look up simple questions like the spot duration. For all I know if could only last as long as you can see them. Oh well.

Problem is : it often happen that I die, I respawn in front of a fuckin tank, and I cannot spot it. What the fuck is up with that. People in the Demo were barely spotting anyone, and now it's even worse. Theres always a shiton of ennemies and tanks in our bases that arent spotted because they broke the system.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
ToyMachine228 said:
So if I remember correctly you were going to unlock the M1A1 Garand by linking both Bad Company 2 and 1943 to your Battlefield Veteran/EA Online account, correct? Well, since neither 43 or the BC2 linking are working on veteran.battlefield.com how do I see people online using the Garand? Am I missing something?
So, how would I go about linking BF1943 for my PS3 and BC2 for my PC to it?

Also, could I link BF2 and BF1942 to it to get a rank? A Garand would be cool.

derFeef

BobsRevenge said:
So, how would I go about linking BF1943 for my PS3 and BC2 for my PC to it?

Also, could I link BF2 and BF1942 to it to get a rank? A Garand would be cool.

I linked BC1 to my PC-only list of Battlefield games, so that part does work.

Billen said:
Usually, the people on the ground are more into thinking along the lines of:
-"What the fuck are they doing, flying around like that? I would have done it so much better."

Ha ha. I definately get that look. I can keep it in the air and fly around pretty confidently, but my aiming is crap. That's more than I could say in my first match where 4 of us loaded into a helicopter, and the pilot hit R2 and pulled back on the the thumb stick (like a plane taking off). We were hurtled backwards into the ocean. The few who escaped the wreckage were promptly killed by the timer as they tried to swim back to the territory of the map. While I don't normally like games telling me that I am pwning people, I'll make an exception when BC2 puts "Epic Fail" on the screen.

Tokubetsu

EA shitting the bed again. Lost my stats and can't join games again! Awesome! Sad that this launch still isn't even half as bad as BF2. Oh the joys of having to unlock things three or four times before it was actually recorded...two weeks later!

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
The single player needed to chill on the narration and scripting. Not enough gameplay between cutscenes and not enough freedom in gameplay during a lot of sections. When the game lets you cut loose it actually is really great. The destructibility of the environment really adds something.

The scripted vehicle sections are weak in comparison, and the more scripted on foot sections are even more so.

edit: I'm going to try online once I get back from work. I would've yesterday, but I was really turned off by having to input my damn key again. So, I've got to open up the window in Impulse, copy that bastard onto a piece of paper, then type it into the game again after already inputting it when I installed? Bullshit.

LukeT

Neo Member
Spookie said:
Y'day from GAME though the tight cunts send it by 2nd class post. I won't expect it till tomorrow. :/

Orderd mine from the place that cannot be mentioned. Just checked and its been dispatched today. Hopefully it'll be here tomorrow!

Tokubetsu

BobsRevenge said:
The single player needed to chill on the narration and scripting. Not enough gameplay between cutscenes and not enough freedom in gameplay during a lot of sections. When the game lets you cut loose it actually is really great. The destructibility of the environment really adds something.

The scripted vehicle sections are weak in comparison, and the more scripted on foot sections are even more so.

edit: I'm going to try online once I get back from work. I would've yesterday, but I was really turned off by having to input my damn key again. So, I've got to open up the window in Impulse, copy that bastard onto a piece of paper, then type it into the game again after already inputting it when I installed? Bullshit.

A lot of people have been saying this but I honestly like it the way it is.

Az

Is it just me but I play better without any scopes on my SMG. I've tried the red dot but I do much better using some other specialization.

Pete Rock

Spotting cooldown sucks, seems they went a little overboard with chilling that out. On the plus side, the Vulcans on the Blackhawk kick 200% more ass now :lol

Can't wait to dump some more hours into this, didn't really have enough time last night. The few maps I saw were absolutely amazing, especially the jungle section.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I think the spotting cooldown is perfect now.. You can't just have one person spotting everyone now. The whole team/squad has to be doing it.

Lyonaz

Just bought my PS3 copy after coming home from work.

So for all the Dutchies the game is officially in the stores today.

Pennybags

TheAzRim said:
Is it just me but I play better without any scopes on my SMG. I've tried the red dot but I do much better using some other specialization.

In my opinion, the reflex sight specialization is kind of a waste for spec1 if you have something else unlocked already.

The 4X scope is a good investment, though.

Flek

Banned
wow just played 3 hours straight … and i love it. Specialy the Hardcore mode … damn great.

Oh and i love that you can take screenshots :D @ ps3

R2D4

Banned
Man this game wipes the shit out of it's ass with CODMW game discs. 32 on 32 being in a intense firefight with people getting blown up all around you. Dodging helicopters and tank fire. Best looking game on PC I've ever seen. I have everything on high and still get 70fps. Fuck you Crysis.

Flek

Banned
oh i dont like how when you spot someone he gets untaged really quickly

edit: oh and how to i detach sights etc. to weapons…i unlocked some but have no idea how to add them !?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom