• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

Pennybags said:
In my opinion, the reflex sight specialization is kind of a waste for spec1 if you have something else unlocked already.

The 4X scope is a good investment, though.

This. The red dot is pretty much garbage when put up against iron sights & scope.

derFeef

R2D4 said:
Man this game wipes the shit out of it's ass with CODMW game discs. 32 on 32 being in a intense firefight with people getting blown up all around you. Dodging helicopters and tank fire. Best looking game on PC I've ever seen. I have everything on high and still get 70fps. Fuck you Crysis.

Did I miss something?

Jrmint

Flek said:
edit: oh and how to i detach sights etc. to weapons…i unlocked some but have no idea how to add them !?
You add them as a spec right before you join the game. I haven't unlocked them, but they are specializations when you unlock them so I would think that's how it works.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Assembly Required said:
Had a handful of great games with some fellow gaffers yesterday/last night. CoinReturn, Lead Based Pain, Ragner, skillztown.

Yeah, I was goinbg to keep playing, but the lag started so I stopped and took a long nap, lol.

I will be playing today.

Pennybags

Skel said:
You add them as a spec right before you join the game. I haven't unlocked them, but they are specializations when you unlock them so I would think that's how it works.

You can and have to do it during the game, before you spawn.

derFeef

R2D4 said:
Sorry I was thinking of the player list on the server page. Oops. I mean 16 on 16.
Hm, I was kind of full of hopes now that we would get 64 player in version. But that would brake the entire game I think :lol

Macmanus

This game better be god damned amazing on PC, because it's mediocre trash on the 360. Just another Battlefield game. This time shit blows up more. Whoopity doo.

derFeef

Macmanus said:
This game better be god damned amazing on PC, because it's mediocre trash on the 360. Just another Battlefield game. This time shit blows up more. Whoopity doo.
Well, it is the second "real" battlefield game on the 360 - so I do not get "just another" - but okay.

Macmanus

WuselDusel said:
Well, it is the second "real" battlefield game on the 360 - so I do not get "just another" - but okay.

Third.

Battlefield 2 Modern Combat
Battlefield 1943
Battlefield BC2

Also I'm mainly a PC gamer, so I've played about 5 of these puppies so far. They are solid fun for the most part. Its just bizarre to me that people hail this game as the second coming of Modern Combat FPS, when really its just another iteration from a line of games that are nearing a decade in age.

Can't even play at the moment. I try to join the GAF server and I get dumped back to desktop after the map loads. I try to join some other servers it tells me to check my network connection. Now the server list won't even update. :/

How do you know if it's punkbuster kicking you? I'm assuming you get a message or something?

I dunno about hardcore mode yet. So far, the matches I've played with it have turned into 3 or 4 guys finding inane hiding spots and just sniping the entire match. Sure, we won most of the time, but it wasn't a fun game. There's potential for hardcore mode, but I have issues. We'll see.

But yeah, so far, having an absolute blast.

Menelaus

Banned
Surprised how many of you are bitching about the spotting function. Yes, they nerfed it. Yes, it needed to be nerfed compared to the demo. Yes, it puts an emphasis on the recon class for spotting. Yes, you can't spot people through bushes from 500 yards away. All excellent changes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
YIPPI YAY! YAY! YAY!

I just got the game in my mail box!

WAIT. WHAT?

360 VERSION?

REALLY NOW?

I fucking ordered the PS3-version, WHAT THE FUCK GUYS?

Got to return this now... oh my god.

h3ro

Yoshichan said:
YIPPI YAY! YAY! YAY!

WAIT. WHAT?

360 VERSION?

REALLY NOW?

I'm sure it was just an innocent mistake.

But I'm having a blast picturing a fanboy snickering at your PS3 version order and thinking lolps3version and stuffing the 360 version in the box.

Billen

Banned
Yoshichan said:
YIPPI YAY! YAY! YAY!

WAIT. WHAT?

360 VERSION?

REALLY NOW?

Seriously? What store managed to do this? :D

Pennybags said:
In my opinion, the reflex sight specialization is kind of a waste for spec1 if you have something else unlocked already.

The 4X scope is a good investment, though.

In my opinion, the only thing that the reflex sight is good for are the LMG's.

Binabik15 said:
I´m seeing double! Four Krustys!
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Nice.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Billen said:
Seriously? What store managed to do this? :D
Elgiganten in Sweden. A bullshit store that sells everything from dishwashers to video games. Sigh.

Eternal Sleeper said:
I have to admit
I rather have the demo/beta back right now.

Not that I'm not having fun or anything, but
1)The higher bullet damage+spot cooldown+unchanged ease of sniping is now actually encouraging more people to camp.
2)The spotting cooldown pretty much kills the whole function of the UAV. Especially if you don't have alt fire on.

*sigh* I hope there will be tweaks coming.

UAV spotting was always more difficult for me. I'm having no trouble spotting people.

Teknopathetic said:
Edit: Hey, I'm 139th on the leaderboards. No way is that going to last.

Dude, last night anytime I got killed by a medic I immediately assumed it was you. M60 is nuts.

Menelaus said:
Surprised how many of you are bitching about the spotting function. Yes, they nerfed it. Yes, it needed to be nerfed compared to the demo. Yes, it puts an emphasis on the recon class for spotting. Yes, you can't spot people through bushes from 500 yards away. All excellent changes.

I agree it needed to be nerfed, in the demo I pushed back and the entire team would light up like christmas.

I do wish it lasted a bit longer though. It seems like I spot someone, then 10 seconds later they have disappeared.

FoeHammer

I went with the 360 version over the PC and PS3 mostly because my real life friends are on 360 and so far I am not disappointed. It has to be one of the better looking games I've seen on the box and the performance is fantastic as well.

I'm only a couple of hours into the single player and so far it shits all over the Modern Warfare single player campaigns. I love the COD multiplayer however and I'm anxious to see how Battlefield stacks up to it; Hopefully I can get some matches in this weekend.

butts

Game runs really well on my system. I am able to max every setting except AA (left it at 2x) and I had to turn off HBAO to get consistent framerates. It would run OK most of the time but I would get framerate drops at strange times. I couldn't really even tell the difference visually with it on anyways.

Gameplay feel is good old Battlefield which I loved, but I need to get used to the shooting mechanics again. It was frustrating last night losing 1vs1 firefights a lot even when I would get the first shots off.

Overall this game kicks all sorts of ass, can't wait to hop on again tonight!!!

RbBrdMan said:
I would be shocked if anything carried over from demo. Note I haven't had the chance to play yet. But again I would be absolutely SHOCKED, that would be silly.
Actually, your dogtag kills carry over... I know that since my brother got a guy's dogtags in the demo from a great back-of-the-head knife kill after the guy had been harassing him all game. ...sweet, sweet revenge. :D

RS4-

Foxtastical said:
I dunno about hardcore mode yet. So far, the matches I've played with it have turned into 3 or 4 guys finding inane hiding spots and just sniping the entire match. Sure, we won most of the time, but it wasn't a fun game. There's potential for hardcore mode, but I have issues. We'll see.

But yeah, so far, having an absolute blast.

I almost want to say that the map should pop up for your squad when someone sets off the motion sensor or if someone needs ammo or dead.

Or just leave the map up in general but with no enemy notifications. Good way to get your bearings and figure out where the hell you are when you spawn, especially if you don't know the maps.

Bolt action rifles kill in one shot. Saiga puts someone down in two well place shots.

One difference between this and the beta, mortars don't last as long. And they come in at an angle.

managed to get about 1-1/2 hours in last night, and I got on a conquest-only playlist. I also usually only had 2 squadmates (still managed to get a gold squad emblem though)

Boy I have some work to do :lol Their was some noobness their that is to be sure. I was trying to knife a guy and started cursing when me jamming the right stick in wasnt doing anything :lol

Love getting road kills in the Vodnik

Billen

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Elgiganten in Sweden. A bullshit store that sells everything from dishwashers to video games. Sigh.

I am Swedish and I ordered it from Pc City. Same owner, I think. Holy shit if I have it in my mail when I get home. :D

Menelaus

Banned
KittyKittyBangBang said:
I do wish it lasted a bit longer though. It seems like I spot someone, then 10 seconds later they have disappeared.
If you and I are in Iraq, and I say "Hey, there's a bad dude in that alley running East!" and you don't see him for 10 seconds, will you know where he is?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yoshichan said:
YIPPI YAY! YAY! YAY!

WAIT. WHAT?

360 VERSION?

REALLY NOW?

Oh wow that sucks.

RS4-

butts said:
Are stats not showing up on the site yet?

Not working for me, last night it gave me the whole wait xx minutes. Tried it again this morning, same deal.

Their site needs some sort of friends list function of adding people instead of doing it all in-game.

Menelaus said:
If you and I are in Iraq, and I say "Hey, there's a bad dude in that alley running East!" and you don't see him for 10 seconds, will you know where he is?

If it puts a little orange triangle over his head.....yeah

Dont try to make out like this is a realistic war simulator

R2D4

Banned
Confidence Man said:
How do you know if it's punkbuster kicking you? I'm assuming you get a message or something?

When it happens to me which as been since EA's servers went down last night it kicks be out to the main menu and says Punkbuster as failed to initialize. Or something like that with an error code.

Foxtastical said:

Solidsnackoo and I were tearing it up on a hardcore server, until half our top-ranked squad left on the Panama Canal map. We then got destroyed at the spawn with our utterly deficient team.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Who's Matty Thorns? :D We had some epic games for like 2 hours haha. Great games dude, let's do that again =P

Yoshichan said:
YIPPI YAY! YAY! YAY!

WAIT. WHAT?

360 VERSION?

REALLY NOW?

Don't worry, Eurogamer says they're identical, so it should run fine on your system.

KittyKittyBangBang said:
If it puts a little orange triangle over his head.....yeah

Dont try to make out like this is a realistic war simulator
On the other hand, though, do you want a little orange triangle over you constantly while you're trying to be sneaky and hide in the bushes?

I've actually gotten quite a few sniper kills on people completely hidden by bushes or smoke where I just lined up with the orange triangle and fired... I dunno how I feel about being able to do that.

Can't believe people have to piss all over MW2 to enjoy this game.
I enjoy both and will play the shit out of this until the new maps for MW2 come out.
Had a great time playing this last night. Need to get used to the maps though.

Macmanus said:
Third.

Battlefield 2 Modern Combat
Battlefield 1943
Battlefield BC2

Also I'm mainly a PC gamer, so I've played about 5 of these puppies so far. They are solid fun for the most part. Its just bizarre to me that people hail this game as the second coming of Modern Combat FPS, when really its just another iteration from a line of games that are nearing a decade in age.

Agree, people are really going ga ga over this when it's all been done before? It's BC1 with some modern warfare progression aspects tossed in. It seems like people are just wanting something other than MW2 and are jumping on this as their saviour.

CitizenCope said:
Can't believe people have to piss all over MW2 to enjoy this game.
I enjoy both and will play the shit out of this until the new maps for MW2 come out.
Had a great time playing this last night. Need to get used to the maps though.

Pissing on MW2 is enjoyment in itself.

Loxley

I haven't finished the story yet (I like it so far) but I really don't like what they've done with Haggard's character. It's as if some event we never saw completely changed who he was.

In the first Bad Company, he was a complete whack-job, but in a funny way. He'd constantly crack jokes and have whitty banter with Sweetwater. Now he's just an asshole and appears to hate everyone. Weird.

Hot damn that opening level got me jazzed though, very well done.

*Edit:

Forgot that DICE was ripping on other shooters with Bad Company's original marketing campaign :lol

Menelaus

Banned
When the rumor of a Karkand DLC map came out, I heard a lot of "oh they can't do that, it'll be taxing to have every building open", but after playing Arica for the first time last night, it just proved that Karkand would be easy money to port over.

Oh, and Fersis, the first two map pictures in the OP have typos :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom