• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
RotBot said:
The tracer works for all launchers except the last one you unlock.

In case anyone else is having tracer dart issues:
I just discovered that you have to lock on to the tracer dart. Either scoped or unscoped, the tracer appears a little orange box in your hud. When you bring it towards the center, it blinks, when it stops blinking you're locked on. Simple, yes, but after hours in the demo and the full game, I just discovered this.

Beaulieu

Menelaus said:
Surprised how many of you are bitching about the spotting function. Yes, they nerfed it. Yes, it needed to be nerfed compared to the demo. Yes, it puts an emphasis on the recon class for spotting. Yes, you can't spot people through bushes from 500 yards away. All excellent changes.

I dont think it needed to be nerfed on the consoles version. Pc maybe.

Ok thats good taht I cannot spot someone in the bushes from 500 yards away, but why the fuck can't I spot a tank that is 5 meters away from me ?

Thats just bad design. And it's frustrating as fuck.

RotBot

MrCompletely said:
I just discovered that you have to lock on to the tracer dart. Either scoped or unscoped, the tracer appears a little orange box in your hud. When you bring it towards the center, it blinks, when it stops blinking you're locked on. Simple, yes, but after hours in the demo and the full game, I just discovered this.
And don't bother switching to the Carl Gustav against armor. It's better versus infantry and buildings, but worse versus vehicles.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1130433

Spookie

Fersis said:
Trolling maybe was a wrong choice of word. 'Bashing' then?
Anyway, lets keep talking about BFBC2

It wouldn't get bashed if the game was up to par. But aye, BF:BC2 is rather good.

Even if I don't have the game yet due to the shitty postal system in the UK :(

pixel monkey said:
Not you, Recons. I hates 'em.

So sneaky when I'm rolling thunder.

I came across some real noobs when I was in Panama Canal (I got that map often actually) but this one Recon kept trying to plant the C4 on the back of the tank instead of the side...easy road kill points.

Then this one douche Engineer kept wrenching my tank. He did it like 4 times in one round. Every single time I popped out, knifed him in the head, popped back in, and away we go.

Druz

surefire1982 said:
Has anyone else tried the "War Tapes" audio setting? It seems to just add a ton more "oomph" to the sound!

It sounds amazing but i bet it takes a bunch of processing power.. plus if I'm trying to win something shorter quieter sounds are preferable.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
surefire1982 said:
Has anyone else tried the "War Tapes" audio setting? It seems to just add a ton more "oomph" to the sound!
:lol :lol :lol

surefire1982 said:

That is what I use with Turle Beach X1's. I played with audio setting by switching back and forth from War Tapes to Headphones and it really is like night and day the different sounds you hear with War Tapes

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
surefire1982 said:
HA!

War Tapes is the most amazing stuff ever.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
So is there anyway to join a server by IP? Or do we need to wait for DICE to realize how shit the entire interface for the game is and fix it?

Menelaus

Banned
MrCompletely said:
An even easier way to know you're locked on is that the distance to the target will appear below it. You can point your RPG straight up, and it will immediately correct and hit the target.

todahawk

anyone know of a good way to practice flying the helicopters? I don't like wasting them in a match and haven't seen a way to start a private match.

Merino

After playing the beta and demo virtually non stop (no other game made it the last few months) it's a good feeling to have the final product spinning in the bluray drive.

Add me on psn (MerinoNL) if you want.

j-wood

Can you call for a media or ammo on the ps3 version? If so, does anyone know how?

Does the tracer thing work with the rpg-7? (I'm assuming the medic is the only one with access to this off the start. Can one spawn as a medic, shoot the tracer, then respawn as an engy and use the rpg-7 to shoot down the tracer target?

Does anyone know when you look at the scoreboard, what the giant empty white box is next to some peoples names?

Binabik15

I think select on a medic/assault guy will do the trick.

Btw, my order from thehut says "awaiting stock pick", is that normal for pre-orders or did they really not send it already? That´d suck, shipping to me is usually around a week or two. If I can´t play this next week, fuuuuuuuu.gif

Anyone else having problems with the PC version? My game crashes as soon as it launches. i got it from Steam and am loath to redownload it. I have updated dx and punkbuster and my video card drivers are up to date.

I am running a x4 965, a Sapphire 5850 with 4gigs of DDR3. Everything else on my computer runs great, but I can't even get as far as the opening ads in this game. I can't seem to find anything else online either.

M.J. Doja

Banned
thank you crookedrain for the copy.

this,game,is,fun. not looking forward to getting back some of the unlocks im used to having!

Playing this game is an absolute exercise in frustration for me right now...I'm not sure if it's just that the people I play with suck or what but every single second on the battlefield I feel like I wish I could switch classes on the fly.

Get rained on by an enemy blackhawk, look around and see absolutely NO options for AA, have medics constantly reviving allies while NOONE on my team spots so I get flanked every three seconds. Try to stop enemy infantry, get pounded by tanks...switch to engineer...get pounded by infantry.

I was this close to just throwing my controller against a wall yesterday. As of now I just feel wayyyy too helpless. I have to sneak into bases with assault, arm bombs and then inevitably get mowed down when it's about to go off because I have no backup.

I don't know...I think the emphasis on teamwork may be just too much for me right now. Things were fine in the demo map but these other maps have had me wanting to just pull my hair out.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Dark FaZe said:
Playing this game is an absolute exercise in frustration for me right now...I'm not sure if it's just that the people I play with suck or what but every single second on the battlefield I feel like I wish I could switch classes on the fly.

Get rained on by an enemy blackhawk, look around and see absolutely NO options for AA, have medics constantly reviving allies while NOONE on my team spots so I get flanked every three seconds. Try to stop enemy infantry, get pounded by tanks...switch to engineer...get pounded by infantry.

I was this close to just throwing my controller against a wall yesterday. As of now I just feel wayyyy too helpless. I have to sneak into bases with assault, arm bombs and then inevitably get mowed down when it's about to go off because I have no backup.

I don't know...I think the emphasis on teamwork may be just too much for me right now. Things were fine in the demo map but these other maps have had me wanting to just pull my hair out.

I had some good and bad matches last night. I'd just give it some time. Some people were obviously just running around lost because the game is still new.

Spookie

Relix said:
serious question... What the heck are the war tapes =p

One of the sound settings. It increases ambient sounds, turns the game in to Saving Private Ryan.

Warning: If you're wearing headphones turn down the sound levels a tad. I almost blew my eardrums through my arsehole when I tried it in the beta.

greenjerk said:
anyone know of a good way to practice flying the helicopters? I don't like wasting them in a match and haven't seen a way to start a private match.

We should do a day for the GAF server where we make it password protected, to practice flying the choppers, learning the maps, and stat boos--er, have a good time together.

Dark FaZe said:

Play on the GAF server. Usually a good amount of teamwork there.

Anyone else have server recommendations?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
DarkAngelYuna said:
Go watch the video how not to be a noob at bf.

Don't need to thanks for the awesome tip though. I've seen every video that has to do with this game about 3 times. I know what the responsibilities of the recon class are. And I utilize all of them.

It's just discouraging that my favorite class is hated the most by everyone it seems. I guess I shouldn't have said I always enjoy being a 'sniper' and instead used a different word. That way I would have been understood better ? ? ? ?

I'm being a recon anyway. Give a fuck if anyone bitches.

Aesius

Dark FaZe said:

I'm the same way.

I just get completely overwhelmed sometimes. I was almost always the top player in 1943 by a large margin, but I'm constantly near the bottom in this game.

It just takes time to learn everything and get a feel for where people are going to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom