• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I NEED SCISSORS said:
Don't worry, Eurogamer says they're identical, so it should run fine on your system.
Really man? I've been playing the beta on PS3 for ages and I've got literally no 360-friends here so that's out of question.

Edit - oh it was a joke <,<?
Fersis said:
Oh wow that sucks.
Yeah dude...

derFeef

BattleMonkey said:
Agree, people are really going ga ga over this when it's all been done before? It's BC1 with some modern warfare progression aspects tossed in. It seems like people are just wanting something other than MW2 and are jumping on this as their saviour.
I waited some long years and now I am finally able play a fully fleshed out Battlefield game on my PC again. You guys are a bit unfair.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
CitizenCope said:
Can't believe people have to piss all over MW2 to enjoy this game.
I enjoy both and will play the shit out of this until the new maps for MW2 come out.
Had a great time playing this last night. Need to get used to the maps though.
Yeah,it looks like trolling MW2 its cool. :/

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Loxley said:
I haven't finished the story yet (I like it so far) but I really don't like what they've done with Haggard's character. It's as if some event we never saw changed who he was.

In the first Bad Company, he was a complete whack-job, but in a funny way. He'd constantly crack jokes and have whitty banter with Sweetwater. Now he's just an asshole and appears to hate everyone. Weird.
Haggard goes back to his old self after the first couple of missions. Don't know why they changed him so much for the beginning.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fersis said:
Watch how things reverses when MW3 comes out. It's just the way gamers are :(

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
draftingscotch said:
Actually, your dogtag kills carry over... I know that since my brother got a guy's dogtags in the demo from a great back-of-the-head knife kill after the guy had been harassing him all game. ...sweet, sweet revenge. :D

Wow.. pretty amazing that some stuff carries over from the demo.

Menelaus

Banned
I wish I had a screenshot to use for this question, but what are the white square boxes on the scoreboard next to some people's names?

Flek

Banned
hmmm is the SE code not working for anyone else too? It always says "cant be verified" for me … a friend said his code is working perfectly though

Spookie

Fersis said:

Having a different opinion on a game isn't trolling.

DarkAngelYuna said:
They need to limit how many people can be a class per side.. Recons are out of control.

Demize said something along the lines of "LOL NO" on twitter when questioned about class restraint.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
DarkAngelYuna said:
They need to limit how many people can be a class per side.. Recons are out of control.

This saddens me because sniper has always been my fav class in every FPS I play.
I guess I will start using the assault and engineer classes instead for a while. I don't want to add to the problem. :/

belvedere

Junior Butler
Overclocked my 6000+ to 3.2 GHz last night. Idle temp only went up 4 degrees and I ran 5 benchmarks in succession with no problems. Let it run all night and she was fine this morning.

I know it won't make that much of a difference but I can't wait to get some real time with BC2 tonight.

gkryhewy

Fersis said:

Who's trolling? I sold my copy of MW2 and preordered this game because of the demo. They're very different styles, and so it's completely reasonable to like one but not the other. I found MW2 to be way too frenzied for my tastes - can't go 5 seconds with shooting someone or being shot. I greatly prefer the much larger maps from BC2, as well as the vehicles. It's night and day.

RbBrdMan said:
This saddens me because sniper has always been my fav class in every FPS I play.
I guess I will start using the assault and engineer classes instead for a while. I don't want to add to the problem. :/
Recon isn't supposed to be a sniper class.

DarkAngelYuna said:

This just means I get to win every game every time. If you want to sit back somewhere and camp all day, fine by me. It just means I have the advantage.

Ok, I've asked this a few times and it's really starting to bother me. Does the PS3 version of this game support custom soundtracks? My music plays during the menu and campaign but it won't play during multiplayer sessions.... WTH. Doesn't make any sense to me.

sflufan

Banned
eznark said:
PB INIT FAILURE

I'm getting kicked for punkbuster reasons. Anyone else have this happen? How can I fix it?

You and lots of other people.

If you're playing the Steam version of the game, try disabling the Steam Community Overlay as they don't play well with each other.

Also, try running the BC2 exe as Administrator.

falastini

eznark said:
PB INIT FAILURE

I'm getting kicked for punkbuster reasons. Anyone else have this happen? How can I fix it?

manually update it here http://evenbalance.com/... though I'm still getting the error occasionally. i think it's because some servers still need to update it on their side.

i noticed a DICE PB off test and DICE PB on test in the server browser. maybe they're trying to figure it out.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Trolling on MW2 is the best part about BC2 being out! =O!

On a serious note, I must say I am VERY impressed with the performance and looks of the 360 version. Really, really fantastic job.

...unlike that 600P game that's supposed to run at 60FPS with PS2-levels of geometry and textures and barely any physics based on a decade old or more engine....

I kid.... though it makes sense if you think about it
:lol

gkrykewy said:
Who's trolling? I sold my copy of MW2 and preordered this game because of the demo. They're very different styles, and so it's completely reasonable to like one but not the other. I found MW2 to be way too frenzied for my tastes - can't go 5 seconds with shooting someone or being shot. I greatly prefer the much larger maps from BC2, as well as the vehicles. It's night and day.

This.

I liked MW2 for a while. The double shotguns, commando builds, infinite airstrikes, carepackages, nuke glitches really did it for me though. I traded it in as well, and I find the feel and pacing of the BC2 multi is more suited to me. If you like MW2, good for you, enjoy the game, and I'll enjoy mine :)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Spookie said:
Having a different opinion on a game isn't trolling.

Demize said something along the lines of "LOL NO" on twitter when questioned about class restraint.
Trolling maybe was a wrong choice of word. 'Bashing' then?
Anyway, lets keep talking about BFBC2

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
pixel monkey said:
Not you, Recons. I hates 'em.

So sneaky when I'm rolling thunder.

pew pew pew

__gadg_engineer_rpg7_png_920x460_q8.png

RotBot

RbBrdMan said:
Color me shocked then considering you get a sniper rifle.
Recon is the most effective class against tanks. C4 and mortar strikes have a bigger impact on the game than sniping. I switched to the M1A1 as soon as I unlocked it in the beta so I could stay close to the front.

Binabik15

Carrying over tags = :D

I earned 7 in one of the last games I played, what a blast. I had three from the same guy.

And class limits would suck. True, I quit several demo games with sniper squads on noob hill, but other games had triple medics or engineers in an attack wave. Now there is a tank, now there isn´t. Feels so good. :lol

They didn´t include audio cues for ammo or health packs, did they? In the first games I played medic and saw people getting a salvo in the face and then running away from the med packs I threw down, only to die one hit later.

has anyone here managed to unlock the m14 EBR? I'm excited for that gun...just would like to know if anyone has first hand in-game experience using it?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Flek said:
ah just because you posted this pic one more question >

the laser dart pistol doesnt work for rockets from this launcher right !?

http://battlefieldbadass.com/equipment/engineer/

Russian 85mm Rocket Propelled Grenade Launcher used against armor, fortifications and personnel. It is compatible with "tracer dart" aiming systems to increase first round hit probability.

Yes it does. The AT4 however isn't compatible with it.

BattleMonkey said:
Agree, people are really going ga ga over this when it's all been done before? It's BC1 with some modern warfare progression aspects tossed in. It seems like people are just wanting something other than MW2 and are jumping on this as their saviour.

Really? You really think it's that simple?

Not all the guns have been unlocked, but for the most parts, the maps are well designed, the classes are very well balanced, almost everything about the game encourages squad play, and there are multiple game modes that offer completely different types of game play.

This is a great game. No excuses necessary.

RotBot

Flek said:
ah just because you posted this pic one more question >

the laser dart pistol doesnt work for rockets from this launcher right !?
The tracer works for all launchers except the last one you unlock.

RS4-

Menelaus said:
I wish I had a screenshot to use for this question, but what are the white square boxes on the scoreboard next to some people's names?

Vet status. Number of other BC games you own.

Flek

Banned
Pankaks said:
Yes it does. The AT4 however isn't compatible with it.

strange when i used the dart on a vehicle and shot the rocket it always goes straight !? Am i missing something here ?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
tjohn86 said:
are peoples stats correctly updating on pc?
Nope, according to my weapon stats I've killed no one with the SCAR, and considering I finished a match with 10 kills from it, I know it's wrong.

Pete Rock

Flek said:
strange when i used the dart on a vehicle and shot the rocket it always goes straight !? Am i missing something here ?
You have to scope in and wait for the [ ] brackets to become solid, at which point a numerical distance readout will popup and you can free fire over obstacles.

Binabik15

Flek said:

You have to aim at the orange box until the distance to the vehicle shows up on your screen, then the rocket is locked on.

Edit: Since I was beaten, this post is now about the maps. Which do you find better, which worse than the demo map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom