• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT| See, Spot, Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbmonk

Mr. Snrub said:
Play on the GAF server. Usually a good amount of teamwork there.

Anyone else have server recommendations?

Any "Tactical Gamer" servers are AMAZING for team play. Highly recommended.

Beaulieu

Dark FaZe said:
Playing this game is an absolute exercise in frustration for me right now...I'm not sure if it's just that the people I play with suck or what but every single second on the battlefield I feel like I wish I could switch classes on the fly.

Get rained on by an enemy blackhawk, look around and see absolutely NO options for AA, have medics constantly reviving allies while NOONE on my team spots so I get flanked every three seconds. Try to stop enemy infantry, get pounded by tanks...switch to engineer...get pounded by infantry.

I was this close to just throwing my controller against a wall yesterday. As of now I just feel wayyyy too helpless. I have to sneak into bases with assault, arm bombs and then inevitably get mowed down when it's about to go off because I have no backup.

I don't know...I think the emphasis on teamwork may be just too much for me right now. Things were fine in the demo map but these other maps have had me wanting to just pull my hair out.

You need to play with a squad of friend, else its very frustrating.
also, people dont spot cause spot sytem is broken.

Violater

You know what publishers need to fuck off with their store integration in games if their fucking store or website never works properly.

I hate recons with passion.

Oh and I thought DICE learned the fucking mistake i.e. releasing an incomplete online infrastructure. By the time they fixed the issues in Bad Company, people were fed up of it.

Hopefully shit is fixed ASAP.

mbmonk

Mr. Snrub said:
We should do a day for the GAF server where we make it password protected, to practice flying the choppers, learning the maps, and stat boos--er, have a good time together.

Lol. No. Not that.

I think if you password protect the server it turns it into an unranked server. But if we just want to fuck around then that is fine.

I am having some lag issues with the GAF server. Not sure if it's the GSP, DICE, EA, or PunkBuster. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

-Yeti said:
Anyone know why I can't input my Gamertag to register Battlefield 1943 and BC2 into my Veteran Status at veteran.battlefield.com? It's bugging the hell out of me.

EA being EA. Not working for anyone.

Relix said:
we all do, but it's very satisfyin to get one off guard =p

It sure is! But I hate having recons in my team. I complained about this before i.e. the last couple of games I played was literally Recons vs Recons. hell, not even recons; fucking snipers! That's all they did, and the attackers fucking ran far far away from the defending base to snipe from far away.

lol at the pre order/limited edition/ special bonuses bullshit.

Fuck I hate this generation.

I just walked in yesterday to Ebgames, bought the game and still gave me the limited edition copy and the pre order bonus codes.

This game has the most confusing release bonuses of any game I have bought.
There is a code for getting it new for Day 1 DLC.
There is a code for pre ordering it to unlock a weapon and mode a month earlier.
There is more unlocks if you get the limited edition, but you can only get the limited edition if you pre order it I believe.
There is also mode codes from Dr.Pepper, but I havent read what they do yet.

And not to mention the EA store on PSN is fucked up and was only able to get the Day 1 DLC code in.

Other than that shit, I am loving the game. Squad Deathmatch maps need less buildings for people to camp into.

keyrat

PS3:

There's an explosions glitch, right? Smoke trails and explosions will not appear from RPGs and grenade launcher rounds in some cases, usually at longer distances.

Also, if I pick "Play Rush/Conquest" will the map rotation cycle through both modes? To me it seemed like if it started in one mode it stayed; I never saw the map rotation switch modes.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Violater said:
Whats even worst is that after unlocking the gear you still have to go through the process again of you know..... unlocking the gear. FFffffffffffffffffffff

lol at everyone that thought the point unlocks were too high before in the demo.. .

DICE and EA fixed that right up huh.. :lol

Beaulieu

Rapping Granny said:
lol at the pre order/limited edition/ special bonuses bullshit.

I just walked in yesterday to Ebgames, bought the game and still gave me the limited edition copy and the pre order bonus codes.

This game has the most confusing release bonuses of any game I have bought.
There is a code for getting it new for Day 1 DLC.
There is a code for pre ordering it to unlock a weapon and mode a month earlier.
There is more unlocks if you get the limited edition, but you can only get the limited edition if you pre order it I believe.
There is also mode codes from Dr.Pepper, but I havent read what they do yet.

Other than that shit, I am loving the game. Squad Deathmatch maps need less buildings for people to camp into.

Limited edition is the only edition. Regular edition doesnt exist yet.

mbmonk said:
Lol. No. Not that.

I think if you password protect the server it turns it into an unranked server. But if we just want to fuck around then that is fine.

I am having some lag issues with the GAF server. Not sure if it's the GSP, DICE, EA, or PunkBuster. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
:D

Just kidding!

But seriously, that would be great...I'd love a day/time period to get together with GAF and fool around. We could:

-Test weapon accuracy
-Test weapon damage
-Test weapon range
-Practice flying helicopters

Think it would be a jolly good time. I was having a bit of lag last night too--had some epic "Oh shit I just knifed this guy oh shit now he's trying to knife me oh shit now I'm trying to knife him again oh shit we just knifed and killed each other" battles.

Also, what do you have to do to get a veteran rank in previous BF games, because I had BC1 and played it alot, but in the veteran website, it doesn't give me a rank when I link up my BC1 account.

Was I suppose to finish the SP or unlock everything in the MP or something?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DarkAngelYuna said:
They need to limit how many people can be a class per side.. Recons are out of control.

I think it is just a temporary thing. I give it a week and people will branch out to other classes. Though with the upgrade system, you are encouraged to try out all classes at some point. I agree totally that in some matches that 70% of the players playing recon, sitting in a place sniping people is a bit boring.

Violater

MidnightRider said:

Apparently that would be asking too much of EA/DICE though to do on the PSN.
After all its a wonder they finally managed to make it possible to talk to your squad mates.

dskillzhtown

-Yeti said:
Anyone know why I can't input my Gamertag to register Battlefield 1943 and BC2 into my Veteran Status at veteran.battlefield.com? It's bugging the hell out of me.

That site has been broken for months. There was supposed to be a fix or update to the site by now, but the EA Online is up to it's usual ineptitude.

MMaRsu

Had some great games with Coinreturn and 2 randoms. Send them both invites, they did pretty good ^^.

Game is fucking awesome :D

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Strider2K99 said:
What is the Dr. Pepper stuff for this game?

extra camo for each class that none of us have quite figured out how to redeem or how they will be used in the game.

i swear if i drink anymore dr.pepper i'm going to explode. I've got several caps.

dskillzhtown said:
I think it is just a temporary thing. I give it a week and people will branch out to other classes. Though with the upgrade system, you are encouraged to try out all classes at some point. I agree totally that in some matches that 70% of the players playing recon, sitting in a place sniping people is a bit boring.

I agree, the game is barely out for a day, let people get their feet wet, learn the maps, equipment, abilities, etc. It will work itself out.

I switch up my class quite a bit, and have the most unlocks so far in assault and engi, but I won't deny recon is fun class to play.

Haven't tried it yet, but I hear hardcore mode is a recon shitshow

dskillzhtown

TheLegendary said:
Wow. This thread has taken an extremely sour turn over the past 24 hours.

I wouldn't say that. I think everyone is still excited and liking the game itself, but issues around the game are the problem.

The veteran site still being borked is unexcusable.
XBox Live going down/online problems last night were expected (by me atleast) but still sucked.
Dr Pepper confusion reigns.
Issues with the PSN store seem to be frustrating people as well.

I can understand server problems last night, it happens. But the rest of this seems like a lack of planning and being pro-active

Anyone else have a problem with getting dropped back to the dashboard? I was playing with four other friends last night (a huge headache with 4-man squad limits), and on three different occasions, one or more of us got dropped completely out of the game back to the dashboard.

Then we had to go through the whole process of restarting the game, watching DICE's intro videos, and trying to re-join our friends' now-full games. Ugh...

Az

I really don't have anything to complain about so far. Maybe a bit early to register bugs and faulty gameplay. I've already leveled my Engineer class, and don't feel like using anything else yet. Good Recon guys kick my ass but I try to spot as many as possible for our snipers to take out. This is reason you need a good squad to play with.

Beaulieu

So um... to change heres a question that hasnt been answered tens of time already :

When you are in the loadout, is there anyway to see the stars you have on each weapon ? Or can you only see that from the unlock menu ? (that would suck).

Also, is there a guide already to see what the gold stars do on each gun ?

Recon will take 34,000XP to obtain all unlocks.
Medic will take 57,000XP to obtain all unlocks.
Assault will take 47,000XP to obtain all unlocks.
Vehicle will take 10,000XP to obtain all unlocks.
Engineer will take 43,000XP to obtain all unlocks.

when i played the beta i enjoyed the long time it took to unlock the best sniper. with this info above, it looks like in that amount of time we took to unlock the sniper, we can now unlock everything practically. they better make it more difficult

MMaRsu said:
Spotting needs to be fixed though.

That it does. I have no idea how many times ive spotted tanks/people/helis and nothing happens.

MidnightRider said:
Something different and WAYYYYYYYYY better. He set it up where you don't have to go through a shitload of posts. it's all right there in a google spreadsheet for you.

Yeah...but having two threads is kind of pointless. Should have just given that to Fersis.

Jinaar

Spotting seems to be completely borked. In the DEMO I could just spam it and highlight the map with targets. Now I can have a guy sort of in cover(Like next to a tree with more then half his body exposed), but see him clearly, and spam the hell out of that one target and not get a spot signature over him at all. Spotting hardly works on the 360 version for me. Especially when distance is a reason. Completely different then the PS3 Beta and 360 Demo. Do not like it as much. Sometimes, the guy could be right infront of me and I try to target and nothing happens. I keep trying until he blows a hole into my head. Nadda. Hopefully it was just lag or something and will see a difference when the servers catch up.

-Yeti said:
Dag, yo. :( I want my M1 Garand.

Although, I have seen people using it online, so it must be working for some people.

They are using it by entering keys for other games they played excluding 1943 and BC2.

cameltoe said:
nothing wrong with it....

Unlike beta, it fails to register half of the time. I came THIS close breaking the damn select button...

Merino

It's taking ages to get to Rank 1 :eek:

And that's with three games in third place.
Alot of veterans online I've seen as well. Ranks up in the 10's already.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Relix said:
we all do, but it's very satisfyin to get one off guard =p

Pegging a sniper with a nade launcher from across the entire map four times in two matches hopefully pisses him off. One of those "Holy shit!" moments that you somehow pull off a couple of times and blow your own mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom