• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

somnific

The Faceless Master said:
i'm just glad they weren't straight retarded like a few of the BC1 achievements/trophies.

the fact that "i am BAD company" is still glitched for some people is completely ridiculous. luckily, i was able to get it to pop after much effort-- getting 50 savior trophies in that game is dumb.

i found the bc2 achievements ridiculously easy. while D2.0 took awhile, it was something that came over the course of playing the game for weeks on end. i'm at level 47 now and have about 67 d2.0 kills. it was pretty satisfying to get "the dentist" or the one where you kill a heli with the stationary at.

somnific said:
the fact that "i am BAD company" is still glitched for some people is completely ridiculous. luckily, i was able to get it to pop after much effort-- getting 50 savior trophies in that game is dumb.

i found the bc2 achievements ridiculously easy. while D2.0 took awhile, it was something that came over the course of playing the game for weeks on end. i'm at level 47 now and have about 67 d2.0 kills. it was pretty satisfying to get "the dentist" or the one where you kill a heli with the stationary at.
i got bothose of those the easy way... camped the AT to the front of the Russian base in Atacama... someone hops in the chopper... *FWOOOSH*

Dentist. oh hello there mister UAV operator! *BZZZZZZZT*

somnific

i got bothose of those the easy way... camped the AT to the front of the Russian base in Atacama... someone hops in the chopper... *FWOOOSH*

Dentist. oh hello there mister UAV operator! *BZZZZZZZT*

haHah! i had to do it the hard way. i admit that i didn't get the dentist as quick as i could have because my first opportunity to get it was on a level 40+, so i opted on getting the gold tags instead.

Pretty disappointed with the last few map packs. Atacama Desert Rush CAN be good but attackers have it pretty easy. Port Valdez Conquest is okay but so far spread out, it NEEDS 64 players. Arica Harbor Conquest is a joke if you don't have rockets, and the latest maps seem pretty lame.

:(

Nothing will match the beauty that is Laguna Presa Rush! At least they TRIED with that.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im getting disconnected every 2' minutes or so.
Pretty sure its my connection.

No_Style

olimpia84 said:
Good games last night with the PS3 gaf crew, dominating performance by everybody as usual :D
I'll be on tonight to try the new maps; Nelson Bay Conquest sounds like it'll be a fun one.

I'll probably be on as well.

I love that Nelson Bay Conquest is during the day and not night time.

Mr. Snrub said:
Pretty disappointed with the last few map packs. Atacama Desert Rush CAN be good but attackers have it pretty easy. Port Valdez Conquest is okay but so far spread out, it NEEDS 64 players. Arica Harbor Conquest is a joke if you don't have rockets, and the latest maps seem pretty lame.

:(

Nothing will match the beauty that is Laguna Presa Rush! At least they TRIED with that.
i love how you skipped over the SR/SDM maps. nobody plays that stuff except dskillzhtown!

Arica Conquest is hilarious and fun! rockets are fun, and that map and White Pass are pretty much responsible for 90% of my GL kills.

Valdez Conquest 99% of the time is a battle for B, there's hardly ever much fighting at A or C unless a jeep speeds by and somehow caps it.

Atacama Rush... yeah, you NEED at least 3 defenders to be laying mines at every path into the first and third base to be able to withstand the constant Quad/Cobra rushes and recons better be throwing those sensor balls.

Crakatak187 said:
Atacama Desert Rush favors the defenders more on consoles. I like it that way. Attackers have it too easy.
wait... what? the 2nd set can be tricky, but the others aren't any harder for attackers than most other maps.

Some of the other guys would probably agree with me. Anybody that plays with me in a squad knows what I'm going to do. The open M-COM Alpha would defended properly is one of the hardest M-COM to get without cheesing it. It's like what I always do on Laguna Presa Rush on the first M-COM Bravo. I always shoot the wall down, when alpha goes down Bravo will be very hard to get close to with the team focusing on it.

Needs a competent team for my strategy to work though. My strategy is to give them no hiding space.

I don't judge the map as a whole. I judge the difficulty based on the hardest checkpoints.

Crakatak187 said:
Some of the other guys would probably agree with me. Anybody that plays with me in a squad knows what I'm going to do. The open M-COM Alpha would defended properly is one of the hardest M-COM to get without cheesing it. It's like what I always do on Laguna Presa Rush on the first M-COM Bravo. I always shoot the wall down, when alpha goes down Bravo will be very hard to get close to with the team focusing on it.

Needs a competent team for my strategy to work though. My strategy is to give them no hiding space.

I don't judge the map as a whole. I judge the difficulty based on the hardest checkpoints.
i've always found that the first A on Laguna Presa is easier to defend alone than the first B, and i'd say the 2nd A on Atacama is harder than the 1st A, but maybe that's just me...

We all have different strategy. I haven't played with you but I can tell our strategy is complete opposite when attacking. I guess Strike is the closest person that plays similar to you. I haven't played with him in a month. I do admire your exploits like shortcuts.

My favorite checkpoint in Laguna Presa Rush is the 3rd. I always say if the attacking team takes over they are guaranteed to win, quite an over exaggeration but it's happens a lot.

i'm just glad they weren't straight retarded like a few of the BC1 achievements/trophies.

I played BC1 for the first time a few weeks ago and beat the first level on hard then checked my list and I didn't have the one for beating it on normal. So I check online and they are not stackable. WTF is that shit? It's almost excusable for launch titles but now... it's just an example of bad game design.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Cornbread78 said:
@TheSeks: I have almost all the KZ2 trophies, only missing a couple from the new maps, but I donlt think they count towards the Platinum. I was on the 2nd stage of the battle with
Radec
(had to be safe!) and my PS3 crapped the bed and when I sent it in for repair, they whiped the hard drive....WTF, almost 400 hours of online gameplay, but I can't bring myself to go back and play through that game on Elite again... What a nightmare!

Right now, I'm about... 20-30 hours pulled. And about 4 hours of sleep today. MUST. GRIND. POINTS. MORE.

I'm currently like... 31 of who knows how many on the weekly leaderboard. 9000 points. Top 1% being around 40 now (it was 30-36 these past few days), so long as I keep playing (OH GOD I'M DEAD, MUST. GRIND. MORE.) I think I have the top 1% in the bag, so long as no one suddenly blows past me on Friday/Saturday/Sunday *sigh*.

And yeah, my save got wiped. I have to no death the game + Elite for Platinum.

dralla

had no idea 'new' maps went up today, i stumbled across them. White Pass rush is a joke. it's way too easy for the attackers. all of the stations are in houses that are so easy to destroy.

NB conquest seems cool. didn't get to play a lot of it. will play more tomorrow since I have off.

No_Style

Nelson Bay Conquest seem to require a bit more squad to squad coordination than other Conquest maps. Any team which manages to divide up into at least 2 major forces wins.

The first match I ever played didn't go so well since we were either spawning on one location or spread out too thin.

Didn't try White Pass since it sounds like a joke with all the stations in houses.

Highlight of the night:

Blahness (not sure if thats his gaf name too) on a quad spots an AT mine on the road and stops just short of it, hesitates for a moment, then a doofus in a bradley rams him into it. :lol

Is there any info on the Vietnam expansion? Images of the MP maps? Is there going to be a single player portion?

With Socom getting delayed to 2011, I think I'm going to just rebuy Bad Company 2 (PS3).

No new SP content for Vietnam, at least none announced so far. 4 new multiplayer maps with new weapons, vehicles and achievements/trophies. No images, just a teaser trailer released.

White pass is the worst map ever designed. Really spawning very near by the enemy. Second checkpoint both M-COMs are in collapsible buildings. The last one also. It really favors the attackers by a large margin.

I did see a guy tumble elegantly through the air, he flew 40 feet across on that map :lol

Good games tonight JM :lol
20-2 at the end result :lol

Hmm are you not allowed to C4 a heli any more?

I played a few games today and every time I stuck some C4 on the chopper and then crashed it into the MCOM the C4 trigger won't blow it, only throws out dud C4s. I ran around for 10 seconds throwing out a bunch with both triggers and they wouldn't blow - I even shot them with my rifle.

Marvie_3

Banned
dralla said:
had no idea 'new' maps went up today, i stumbled across them. White Pass rush is a joke. it's way too easy for the attackers. all of the stations are in houses that are so easy to destroy.

NB conquest seems cool. didn't get to play a lot of it. will play more tomorrow since I have off.
Yeah, White Pass is definately unbalanced. Played a few rounds of it today and the attackers always just rolled through.

manzo

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah, White Pass is definately unbalanced. Played a few rounds of it today and the attackers always just rolled through.

Same here. We steamrolled the opponents and they raped us.

White Pass is way too short/small to be a decent rush map. It's like playing Quake - people only running around with rocket launchers in a really small area.

Edit: It's also pretty sad that we're already at "map pack 5" when there hasn't been a single new map in the game. Map packs? more like mode packs.

The Vietnam add-on will only segregate the players. We really need NEW maps to the vanilla game.

Ok, I did this sniper class before and had a shit ton of fun with it... now it's just not fair.

VSS Snaiperskaya special with red dot and magnum.

It's basically an uzi in your hand that drops fools super fast. The best part to me still is people think I'm some noob recon so they take their time to aim at me thinking I only have a long range sniper rifle or pistol. They will walk right up to me and try to knife me while I shoot them in the baby maker.

I can't believe the insane amount of kills I'm getting with this class. I think it has more to do with people having no clue this thing is like an uzi and assuming by looking at my wookie outfit that they can get an easy kill.

Way, way too much fun tonight. I was going to watch Repo Men but I decided to play BC2 all night.

UFRA

Crakatak187 said:
White pass is the worst map ever designed. Really spawning very near by the enemy. Second checkpoint both M-COMs are in collapsible buildings. The last one also. It really favors the attackers by a large margin.

I did see a guy tumble elegantly through the air, he flew 40 feet across on that map :lol

Good games tonight JM :lol
20-2 at the end result :lol

Yeah man, good games as usual.

Even though others from GAF haven't been as active lately anymore, you and I can hold our own pretty well out there I'd say. :lol

I haven't seen "Your team lost" in a LONG time in BC2 lol. As long as we have at a minimum a few competent randoms to play with, we can easily dominate. Tonight was pretty interesting how we crushed a team of almost all level 40+ players.

Edit: Just out of curiousity I checked my stats quick and I have a 3.76 W/L ratio with 493 wins and only 131 losses. :lol Thanks gaffers!

My KDR has also really spiked, and over the past couple weeks I got out of the 1.70's and I'm now sitting at a nice 1.84. :D

OldJadedGamer said:
Ok, I did this sniper class before and had a shit ton of fun with it... now it's just not fair.

VSS Snaiperskaya special with red dot and magnum.

It's basically an uzi in your hand that drops fools super fast. The best part to me still is people think I'm some noob recon so they take their time to aim at me thinking I only have a long range sniper rifle or pistol. They will walk right up to me and try to knife me while I shoot them in the baby maker.

I can't believe the insane amount of kills I'm getting with this class. I think it has more to do with people having no clue this thing is like an uzi and assuming by looking at my wookie outfit that they can get an easy kill.

Way, way too much fun tonight. I was going to watch Repo Men but I decided to play BC2 all night.
Is this in hardcore mode and also by chance on pc?
I've tried to use sniper rifles with the red dot sight but just can't get used to it. I got the idea after I played the single player mode and picked up a type 88 with a red dot and liked it a lot. I didn't realize that it was a sniper rifle until I looked for it in the weapons menu. Its stats were identical to the mod m14 and the garand, so I thought,
"Sweet, now I can basically have a garand with a red dot instead of using the iron sights."

Couldn't have been more wrong. I absolutely sucked with the type 88 setup compared to the garand. Hell, I even did better with the m14, which in my opinion, has the most obtrusive, godawful iron sights in the game.
Easily.
It's basically like holding up a piece of cardboard with a pinhole in it that kids use to see solar eclipses when you press the aim button. I found out that the reason I couldn't do well with the type 88 setup was because sniper rifles don't have crosshairs in the hud.
Now this isn't an issue at all if your playing in, and are used to, hardcore mode because as far as I know, no gun has crosshairs in that mode. Also, I would imagine that playing this way would be a hell of a lot easier with a mouse than an analog stick, although that's just a guess. After re-visiting the single player and using the type 88 red dot, I realized that it indeed had the crosshairs in the hud. When playing without the crosshairs, i had trouble positioning my view on the target before i went to aim and also shooting from the hip became impossible for me. Now I don't know how you play, but for me, shooting from the hip at close range is absolutely vital if I want to have any chance of getting kills and playing well.

As a result, anytime I encountered an enemy at close range that didn't have his back to me I was basically dead.

sw33tclyde said:
Hmm are you not allowed to C4 a heli any more?

I played a few games today and every time I stuck some C4 on the chopper and then crashed it into the MCOM the C4 trigger won't blow it, only throws out dud C4s. I ran around for 10 seconds throwing out a bunch with both triggers and they wouldn't blow - I even shot them with my rifle.
when you throw the final C4, wait until the animation completes before entering a vehicle. if you enter a vehicle and cancel the final animation, you aren't guaranteed to get that C4 to blow up.

KZObsessed

TheSeks said:
Right now, I'm about... 20-30 hours pulled. And about 4 hours of sleep today. MUST. GRIND. POINTS. MORE.

I'm currently like... 31 of who knows how many on the weekly leaderboard. 9000 points. Top 1% being around 40 now (it was 30-36 these past few days), so long as I keep playing (OH GOD I'M DEAD, MUST. GRIND. MORE.) I think I have the top 1% in the bag, so long as no one suddenly blows past me on Friday/Saturday/Sunday *sigh*.

And yeah, my save got wiped. I have to no death the game + Elite for Platinum.

I just checked for you and there's been 43,300 people played so far this week, so the top 1% would be >433. If you're at 31 you're well inside the 1% mark. The week ends on Sunday so more people will obviously be playing before then so that number will only increase and make it easier. You should be fine in earning it.

Get some sleep and for the love of god stay properly hydrated! :p

Pete Rock

when you throw the final C4, wait until the animation completes before entering a vehicle. if you enter a vehicle and cancel the final animation, you aren't guaranteed to get that C4 to blow up.
Yeah, ever since the last patch it's been quite touchy. I started quick swapping my primary after throwing the last stick, then switching back to the trigger before entering the vehicle, either way it's goofy. I'll take that minor quirk over not being able to play due to lag, so all in all not terrible.

sw33tclyde said:
I was more concerned with my broken C4. I fucking love C4. :(
Do not doubt this man :lol

With all the complaints on the EA UK forum about White Pass Rush I wouldn't be surprised if they reversed it. :lol

...Oh wait this is DICE we're talking about.

olimpia84

Nelson Bay Conquest is pretty fun, although it can get very frustrating if you're playing against a good team. So far I had success with the Recon class using a shotgun (870 preferably) and spamming motion mines.

I haven't played White Pass yet and I really don't feel like even trying it.

Az

I was excited for White Pass Rush. But they made it horrible. If the attackers get past the first MComs it's a guaranteed win.

TheAzRim said:
I was excited for White Pass Rush. But they made it horrible. If the attackers get past the first MComs it's a guaranteed win.
The map feels like it's backwards.. Why have the hardest set in the first set? Both 'new' maps are pretty shitty. God held the parachuting Russians :/

bean breath said:
Is this in hardcore mode and also by chance on pc?
I've tried to use sniper rifles with the red dot sight but just can't get used to it. I got the idea after I played the single player mode and picked up a type 88 with a red dot and liked it a lot. I didn't realize that it was a sniper rifle until I looked for it in the weapons menu. Its stats were identical to the mod m14 and the garand, so I thought,
"Sweet, now I can basically have a garand with a red dot instead of using the iron sights."

Couldn't have been more wrong. I absolutely sucked with the type 88 setup compared to the garand. Hell, I even did better with the m14, which in my opinion, has the most obtrusive, godawful iron sights in the game.
Easily.
It's basically like holding up a piece of cardboard with a pinhole in it that kids use to see solar eclipses when you press the aim button. I found out that the reason I couldn't do well with the type 88 setup was because sniper rifles don't have crosshairs in the hud.
Now this isn't an issue at all if your playing in, and are used to, hardcore mode because as far as I know, no gun has crosshairs in that mode. Also, I would imagine that playing this way would be a hell of a lot easier with a mouse than an analog stick, although that's just a guess. After re-visiting the single player and using the type 88 red dot, I realized that it indeed had the crosshairs in the hud. When playing without the crosshairs, i had trouble positioning my view on the target before i went to aim and also shooting from the hip became impossible for me. Now I don't know how you play, but for me, shooting from the hip at close range is absolutely vital if I want to have any chance of getting kills and playing well.

As a result, anytime I encountered an enemy at close range that didn't have his back to me I was basically dead.

No, consoles. But when getting my bronze stars on all weapons I did use the Type 88 like it was an assault rifle and it works good cause it's more powerful but yeah, it does fire slowly. I am playing hardcore but not sure it would matter. Again, try this set up. It feels no different than having an uzi in your hand. I wouldn't doubt that some people think I hacked it and gave my recon a sub machine gun.

VSS Snaiperskaya special with red dot and magnum

CozMick

Banned
Slightly off topic, only slightly but........

If Bad Company 2: Vietnam doesn't have the option to turn the radio on for everyone to hear i'm gonna be extremely pissed!

Having a Huey hovering over the top of me with "WAR, Hu, good god ya'll" blasting out of the speakers in BF:Vietnam PC is the single greatest moment in my multi-player lifetime :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
UFRA said:
My KDR has also really spiked, and over the past couple weeks I got out of the 1.70's and I'm now sitting at a nice 1.84. :D
Mine has gotten way better too. It was as low as 0.60(playing as a medic with no concern for my own safety), but now it's up to about 0.90. There was one match last night where the opponents' snipers would all gather in the same spot(3-4 of them), and I'd sneak around and just shred the group every time. You would think they would have learned after the 3rd time..... :lol

Also, I'm convinced this game just needs a demolition mode. Ended up in a game where it was me, my friend, and some guy from Norway as the only 3 players in the game and on the same team. So we just started using C4 to blow up everything in sight....trees, buildings, and even the ground. The guy from Norway kept blowing up the road and made some jumps for his ATV. This all went on for about 2 hours and the level was completely bare until we all finally got booted. :lol

UFRA said:

Since this game is about teamwork and not about KDR I've never ever paid attention to it at all and just do my best to help my team if that means I die or not. Doesn't matter. But I checked and I'm at .92 Not too shabby considering I never even try and just help my team.

Cornbread78

OldJadedGamer said:
Since this game is about teamwork and not about KDR I've never ever paid attention to it at all and just do my best to help my team if that means I die or not. Doesn't matter. But I checked and I'm at .92 Not too shabby considering I never even try and just help my team.

I'm with you there brotha. I could care less about my K/D in thsi game, besides, I spend way too much time killing myself with C-4 to care either, LOL. I'm a team guy like yourself and will be the bait if needed.

UFRA

OldJadedGamer said:

Of course it's about teamwork, but racking up kills is also a good feature for the team too. My squad score shows I'm a good team player as well, so I guess I'm fortunate that I can do team objectives while still doing great KDR-wise as well. :D

I play Rush mode a lot with GAF, and every ticket counts when you're an attacker, so I tend to play on the tactical side. As a result I have a great KDR since I do a lot of sneaking around and flanking (especially when I team up with Crak lol). If everyone on the team just ran right into bullets the game would end pretty quickly. :lol

I'm also a vehicle whore, so that helps too.

Top Bottom