• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Nabs

i'll follow you guys

pc_nabs.png

i have absolutely no shame. i'll join pc gaf next time you guys are on. for real this time.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hey guys guess who's back ? LAG !

Marvie_3

Banned
One thing I've been wondering, what do the different colored dogtags represent? Some guys give you bronze, some silver.
Edit: Nevermind. The colors are based on rank.

Figured I'd post my embarassing stats too. :lol

360_Marvie03.png

Sanjay

The Faceless Master said:
why do people use lightweight? i noticed a lot of people running with lightweight in Nelson Bay Conquest

To evade sniper fire!

pc_sanjuro.png

and fuck you Nabs with your fucking 700 plus knife kills :mad: I would have more but they broke knifing :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
KZObsessed said:
I just checked for you and there's been 43,300 people played so far this week, so the top 1% would be >433. If you're at 31 you're well inside the 1% mark. The week ends on Sunday so more people will obviously be playing before then so that number will only increase and make it easier. You should be fine in earning it.

Get some sleep and for the love of god stay properly hydrated! :p

Yeah, I got some sleep. A little, but some sleep. I'm going between 20-40 now. So long as I keep 3000 points a day (which is a grind and I'm really REALLY getting burned out), I think I can hold off the boosters and people trying to get the same.

Top 1% is now roughly ~50 on the leaderboards. So I'm not too fussed about the 1% now. I'm just fussed at staying in the top 1%. :lol

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
indeed. once i hit 46 though i started grinding thru just to get there.

It took me about three months (starting the time you abandoned us :() to get to 37. I can't even imagine the level requirements for level 40-50. Insane. :|

for these new maps, if I already have VIP, then its pretty much waiting for it to appear in rotation or do i have to install something?

good games with olimpia, nostyle, dreamgazer, and cjdunn tonite.

TheSeks

duracell017 said:
for these new maps, if I already have VIP, then its pretty much waiting for it to appear in rotation or do i have to install something?

You don't need to wait on rotation.

Multiplayer->Find a Game->Gametype: Rush/Conquest (Rush or Conquest, but you should pick a mode for one of the maps)/Map: Nelson Bay/Arica Harbor/... ... ... White Pass (Rush)->Start game.

Now loading...

Loading Complete. White Pass Rush. RU/US Team. X to continue. 30 seconds until Autojoin...

AKA: Since they're available NOW, you can just join a server/game in progress that has the map going on.

duracell017 said:

good games with olimpia, nostyle, dreamgazer, and cjdunn tonite.

Waiting for rotation. That or tell the squad leader to select the new maps when you form a squad.

Kinda sad that my squadplay attitude drop below 100%

AcridMeat

Banned
Have been playing a bunch on the PC recently, though I don't think I know anyone from GAF on there. Would be fun to get some more people who still play regularly!

pc_AcridMeat.png

I can't resist stabbing people. :lol

edit: Or being a shameless Gustavinist, fuck. :lol

cjdunn

ps3_cjdunn.png

Good games!
A couple of horribly unbalanced sides.
When GAF plays together, they usually get Best Squad. :D

Tokubetsu

My stats are pretty much AVERAGE:
pc_Tokubetsu.png

Yes I have the most kills in a blackhawk...don't ask. :lol

126% Squadplay attitude whaddup :D

AcridMeat said:
Have been playing a bunch on the PC recently, though I don't think I know anyone from GAF on there. Would be fun to get some more people who still play regularly!

pc_AcridMeat.png

I can't resist stabbing people. :lol

edit: Or being a shameless Gustavinist, fuck. :lol
108% accuracy! that's fucking BOSS!

Rocked the shotgun slug to finish up the 500 kills (3 away). Was getting headshots across the map, those poor recons. Was owning but mid range is pretty risky. It's either headshot or die.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I was going to put this is the Battlefield 3 thread, but given the state of that thread, I think I will put it here instead.

Two of DICE's SIGGRAPH presentations have come out online, including one that has some of the stuff they're working on for Frostbite 2.

The first one is the main draw here as the second is much more of a "problems we're trying to deal with 5-10 years from now".

http://bps10.idav.ucdavis.edu/talks/07-andersson_BendingTheGraphicsPipeline_BPS_SIGGRAPH2010.pdf

http://bps10.idav.ucdavis.edu/talks/02-andersson_5MajorChallenges_BPS_SIGGRAPH2010.pdf

There should be a third one coming out soon that focuses on the destruction engine in Frostbite 2.

I was playing squad rush and right before the game ended I got disconnected. Now I cant stay in any game longer then 1 min without losing connection. Is it my net or the servers? Still connected to psn and browser works fine.

0OoO0

So I just read in another topic that you can use flares in helicopters. I didn't know that. Was wondering how can you do this and what is the point of flares?

Nirolak said:
I was going to put this is the Battlefield 3 thread, but given the state of that thread, I think I will put it here instead.

Two of DICE's SIGGRAPH presentations have come out online, including one that has some of the stuff they're working on for Frostbite 2.

The first one is the main draw here as the second is much more of a "problems we're trying to deal with 5-10 years from now".

http://bps10.idav.ucdavis.edu/talks/07-andersson_BendingTheGraphicsPipeline_BPS_SIGGRAPH2010.pdf

http://bps10.idav.ucdavis.edu/talks/02-andersson_5MajorChallenges_BPS_SIGGRAPH2010.pdf

There should be a third one coming out soon that focuses on the destruction engine in Frostbite 2.
Do we know what the image on page 12 is supposed to be from? Venice, Win32. Are details one might learn if the path that pops up has any relevance to anything.

0OoO0 said:
So I just read in another topic that you can use flares in helicopters. I didn't know that. Was wondering how can you do this and what is the point of flares?
http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Smoke_Countermeasures_Package

Bad Company 2 is just the game that keeps on giving to me. Love it. Every time I get a game and stray away from BC2 for a while I can always come back and I still love it, and it still loves me.

thanks Seks and Eternal. I totally forgot about manual level select lol.

What is the squadplay attitude based on? Is it the ammo, health packs, motion mine use?

CozMick

Banned
endlessflood said:
For some of us that insignia is glitched, even with gold stars on the SPECACT weapons :(

Oh for fucks sake!

Does this make the SPECACT trophies impossible to get?

Dice, fix your shit before releasing more games and expansions! damn it

olimpia84

Good games this morning with faceless and some other gaffers that joined later. I think we won all games but two or three; we were also close in losing two games but we had an epic comeback (in Arica and Laguna Alta I think)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
VibratingDonkey said:
Do we know what the image on page 12 is supposed to be from? Venice, Win32. Are details one might learn if the path that pops up has any relevance to anything.
It's from the third presentation that focuses on Frostbite 2's destruction engine, so I imagine it might actually be part of a Battlefield 3 map.

It could just be a test location however.

CozMick said:
Oh for fucks sake!

Does this make the SPECACT trophies impossible to get?

Dice, fix your shit before releasing more games and expansions! damn it

I had no problem unlocking these trophies.

Keldor

Fun game with Crisco Giant yesterday. Too bad the other team had 4 level 50s and a bunch of 40 somethings. So much better playing with GAFers.

AcridMeat

Banned
Welp, looks like all of my friends are gone this weekend, anyone up for playing on PC?

AcridMeat on steam

AcridMeat on BC2

Add me for the afternoon gathering of the Gustavinist party.

Keldor said:
Fun game with Crisco Giant yesterday. Too bad the other team had 4 level 50s and a bunch of 40 somethings. So much better playing with GAFers.

Yes sir, good times. :D

I'll be on later today/tonight for awhile. I got way too drunk last night so I'm staying home today to hopefully catch up on some sleep. Hit me with an invite if you get on though man.

Anyone else on 360 down for a GAF squad in a few hours?

Top Bottom