• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Marvie_3

Banned
dralla said:
:lol

It was just that round. Usually I use the G3 and am way more active as a recon. 27 kills, a dozen+ motion assists, and 4 blown up tanks is a fuckin good round for me though. Not my fault the other team was too stupid to find me. They kept walking and driving right in my sights and we easily held the opposing team at the first m-coms. :lol

Crakatak187 said:
It's cool. I expected the team to be cowards since it was the weekends. I randomly joined 5 games and quit them all thanks to all of them not knowing what the hell to do.
So your teams sucked because it's the weekend and idiots play on weekends.

My question is, who are you playing against?

Another group of idiots. Just a tiny bit better since they have 4 people who actually steps into our base. We only had 2 when attacking (Me and Wes).

Crakatak187 said:
Another group of idiots. Just a tiny bit better since they have 4 people who actually steps into our base. We only had 2 when attacking (Me and Wes).
oh man, on either friday or saturday, i was playing with Starfish_Oxide (i_shoot_to_kill) and we were attacking on Isla Inocentes. it's 11 on 11. there's the two of us and a medic on our squad and eight recons. the medic plays with us for a few minutes, probably sees this shit, and decides to exit. i mean we armed the crates a few too, and you would think the EIGHT RECONS could keep the other team from disarming with mortars or bullets? nope! so yeah, we C4 that shit up and it's time to move onto the second base. so, another guy joins the game... and picks recon! then he hops into the tank and drives off... smh

dralla said:
what.
the.
fuck?!

I wrote a huge post about my new favorite load out that has upped my game so much but decided I want to be stingy and keep it all for myself since I'm getting mad kills with it. I went from just 27 kills with the gun on Friday to over 400 today and I haven't even played that much.

Oh, and I decided to double dip on this one so if any one sees the PS3 version for sale for $40 or under, post here please.

bean breath said:
You're on the gaf bfbc2 friends list and always seem to be playing when I am.

It's not necessary to add people that are on the list.

Press the xbox(?) button> friends> gaf bfbc2> press rb then view friends>
this brings up the list along with what game they're playing.

If they're playing bc2, select their name and that will show what map and mode plus if there's room to join.

If there's room, go back and select their name again and this time there will me an option to
'Join session in progress'.

I know that man, but GAF against GAF is wrong.. unless you're one-uh them self hatin' gaffers.

OldJadedGamer said:
I wrote a huge post about my new favorite load out that has upped my game so much but decided I want to be stingy and keep it all for myself since I'm getting mad kills with it. I went from just 27 kills with the gun on Friday to over 400 today and I haven't even played that much.
Don't leave us hanging here, some of us need all the help we can get! :D

TheSeks said:
F-F-F-FUCK YEAH!

Top 1% of this week in Killzone 2.

Got my trophies. Done with Killzone 2's online (unless I buy the DLC) and it's now strictly singleplayer.

Time to come back to Bad Company 2. Faceless, are you playing? :D?
as if you can't just check on the PS3!

sw33tclyde said:
I know that man, but GAF against GAF is wrong.. unless you're one-uh them self hatin' gaffers.
Ah, I see. I guess the only open slot was on the enemy team. I usually don't play GAF v. GAF but I couldn't resist defending. 3rd set at Laguna Presa is one of my favorites on defense.

Got destroyed on Nelson Bay conquest but there was one battle that more than made up for it. My team mates were firing behind the row of crates by the downed chopper between B and D. The other team was stacked with a couple 50s and some 40s and relentlessly charging from B trying to get to D. I was a medic and just hid behind the boxes with them and just kept reviving for what seamed like forever. After a while they just gave up and went after C.

We lost but we managed to hold them at least once, lol.

X-Frame

Ordered this game yesterday. Pretty excited to start getting into it. Am getting a little tired of being continually raped in MAG on Valor.

Nabs said:
We use Mumble instead of in-game. Probably the best program out there.

Last night was good. I played a bit today, and I can feel it all coming back to me. Good to have so many people online at once.

Spl1nter said:
It was a lot of fun for the little bit I played. Nice to have so many people on voip playing the game together.

Stallion Free said:
Damn, someone got quite the party rolling last night with PC Gaf as there must have been about 10 of us in Mumble all playing BC2 together. GGs for sure.

Lots of good games Saturday night--we had a good party going on. Gets pretty hectic when we're all in the same room and on opposing sides :lol I need to stop using DX11 so I can see the Mumble overlay.

Meteorain

Mr. Snrub said:
Lots of good games Saturday night--we had a good party going on. Gets pretty hectic when we're all in the same room and on opposing sides :lol I need to stop using DX11 so I can see the Mumble overlay.

Yea I only just got informed why on earth I wasn't seeing an Overlay. Dropped it to dx10 to see which gaffer is weeping.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Relaxed Muscle said:
Holy fuck he's using the VSS!! :lol :lol

What a disgrace of a wookie.

Hey, I did that on Arica with the VSS (of course, near the train. I'm not stupid. Much.) to get the bronze for it. Don't hate. :lol

TheSeks

X-Frame said:
Sale ends today - which is why I picked it up yesterday.

You mean the powersaver sale? It ends one day before my birthday, I thought? (the 9th, so the sale ends the 8th)

CozMick

Banned
Just went 53 and 13 on Nelson Bay Conquest with the M16.

Killing a full squad multiple times while they spawn on there medic is genius :lol

jayb

TheSeks said:
F-F-F-FUCK YEAH!

Top 1% of this week in Killzone 2.

Got my trophies. Done with Killzone 2's online (unless I buy the DLC) and it's now strictly singleplayer.

wow, what was the cutoff for 1%? It must be crazy hard to get now with less overall players, compared to when it was first released.

TheSeks

jayb said:
wow, what was the cutoff for 1%? It must be crazy hard to get now with less overall players, compared to when it was first released.

6100 pages. So 61 was the cutoff on Saturday.

Of course, FF/KZObsessed says it goes by players... but I doubt that.

Nelson Bay Conquest is pretty hilarious in how much of a power struggle it is. It's also incredibly frustrating.

Faceless got a ton of points off my ass after we took B (he teamkilled <Destruction 2.0>'ed me) and then the rest of the team came in as I was killing people and Faceless kept reviving me/killing whoever killed me.

Tried to play White Pass Rush by myself. Had to turn the game off because of how bad that map is on Attackers first set. Maybe Faceless/GAF playing on that map with me would change my mind, but as it is I just don't like it from that first five minutes alone.

Sanic

So I was thinking...Does BC1 still have a sizable population on the 360? Is it worth it to try the game for just multiplayer?

Cornbread78

TheSeks said:
6100 pages. So 61 was the cutoff on Saturday.

Of course, FF/KZObsessed says it goes by players... but I doubt that.

Nelson Bay Conquest is pretty hilarious in how much of a power struggle it is. It's also incredibly frustrating.

Faceless got a ton of points off my ass after we took B (he teamkilled <Destruction 2.0>'ed me) and then the rest of the team came in as I was killing people and Faceless kept reviving me/killing whoever killed me.

Tried to play White Pass Rush by myself. Had to turn the game off because of how bad that map is on Attackers first set. Maybe Faceless/GAF playing on that map with me would change my mind, but as it is I just don't like it from that first five minutes alone.

I threw it in and played for a little bit Sat. night as well, I thought it would be a 2.0 heaven, but it doesn't appear that way because the Mcom stations are so close together, by the time the team get's past the first set, they are already planting the 2nd and getting ready for the third. Pretty frustrating if you ask me. I blew up a bunch of buildings but kept gettign C-4 kills instead and a -100 TK unfortunately.... Guys just jump out the window/floor ans take a -10 for suicide rather than accepting their fate of being crushed by my buildings.... WTF!

X-Frame

Since my BC2 copy is in the mail, anyone got any tips?

I'm no stranger to FPS (always playing MAG, KZ, COD, etc) but in terms of BC2-specific tips. I read the OP here but maybe in terms of any threads or posts or YouTube videos of some quick tutorials?

Thanks guys. I'm getting it for the PS3 if anyone else is still playing ..

Facism

Before thre latest patch I had done the mousesmoothing malarky to speed up turrets speeds and helo maneuverability.

Currently, the old ini tweaks don't seem to be compatible, which makes me a sad pandaru.

TheSeks

Pandoracell said:
So I was thinking...Does BC1 still have a sizable population on the 360? Is it worth it to try the game for just multiplayer?

There is people still playing it on PS3. I expect there is still diehards of BC1 on 360.

DO NOTE: They play VERY differently from each other don't expect to be good at BC1 for a few days/weeks.

Coldsnap said:
I can't decide PC or Xbox 360. My PC makes games look great while I really like to play on my couch...

Be a man: Get both.

olimpia84

To get the insignia for all weapons bronze stars do you have to get a star on the M1 Garand? I'm asking this because I'm not a BF veteran.

TheSeks

olimpia84 said:
To get the insignia for all weapons bronze stars do you have to get a star on the M1 Garand? I'm asking this because I'm not a BF veteran.

I don't think you do. But you can just create a BF:Hero's account and not play a round and get the M1/F2000 (BC1) easily. :|

Pete Rock

I need to get more serious about running choppers, it's the best way to rack up points and boost your kd. Finally got my wingman back!

O3H90.gif

#1 on BFBCS has 40K Apache kills and a 5.4 kd :lol
320+ hours @ 120 kills per hour... wonder how many of those were before they buffed the AA guns.

Spl1nter

Facism said:
Before thre latest patch I had done the mousesmoothing malarky to speed up turrets speeds and helo maneuverability.

Currently, the old ini tweaks don't seem to be compatible, which makes me a sad pandaru.

5000 dpi mouses solve those problems.

X-Frame said:
Since my BC2 copy is in the mail, anyone got any tips?

I'm no stranger to FPS (always playing MAG, KZ, COD, etc) but in terms of BC2-specific tips. I read the OP here but maybe in terms of any threads or posts or YouTube videos of some quick tutorials?

Thanks guys. I'm getting it for the PS3 if anyone else is still playing ..
Feel free to add me. A lot of people are taking a break from the game it seems.

I usually play 6:00 PM Pacific time central.

PSN: Crakatak187

No_Style said:
If you missed this in the OP: How not to be a noob in BC2

But it needs to be pointed out that when you are a "noob" and first starting to play that you do not have access to the vast majority of things they talk about in that video. You can't defib anyone as a medic. I don't even think you can heal them yet. Also, you don't get the machine gun on the UAV for quite some time after you start.

Someone needs to make a real noob video since this one was very confusing to me as I couldn't do most things he talks about when I first started. This video is made explaining the game to someone who has everything unlocked already. While it's a great video, it's outdated since it's based on the original beta.

TheSeks

OJG, you can do all the stuff he's talking about if you got veteran status. Besides which, it's not hard to unlock the defib/blah, blah, blah. They're the first unlock (IIRC) within 1000 points anyway?

Cheech

Coldsnap said:
I can't decide PC or Xbox 360. My PC makes games look great while I really like to play on my couch...

There is not a gigantic difference in graphical fidelity, honestly. I think it just comes down to which control scheme you're used to. I primarily play on 360 despite owning the PC version of the game, just because I'm so damn rusty with KB/M.

CozMick

Banned
I love hatemail.

Been trying to get the C4 gold star, so I decided to do it the easy way, SUICIIIIIIIIIDE MISSION!

Fling a block of C4, kill the enemy + myself :lol

"u sux nerd" being the best one :p

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
Speaking of, I'm moving to my new apartment and ditching my shitty wireless mouse. Any recommendations for a decent mouse for $50-75?

I use the G500. In the USA at bestbuy its retailing at 70 so you can probably get it for 60 somewhere. Great mouse, very comfortable.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Cheech said:
There is not a gigantic difference in graphical fidelity, honestly. I think it just comes down to which control scheme you're used to. I primarily play on 360 despite owning the PC version of the game, just because I'm so damn rusty with KB/M.

Az

Crakatak187 said:
Hatemail? More like Fanmail :lol

Getting one from level 50s is where it's at. I got a Fanmail from the #46 ranker on PS3 :lol

I love fanmail. I always reply some stupid shit like "wanna fuck?" or "asl?"

Top Bottom