• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Loxley

I have a quick question for the BC2 PC side, ever since I've had the game (since launch) I've never been able to successfully get the team-side audio localized (meaning they'll speak English instead of Russian). I change it in the settings, but it always just reverts back to Russian, has anyone else had this problem?

Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful language, but it'd just be a tad more convenient to able to understand what the hell my "team-mates" are yelling :D

I'm not sure if BFBC2 PC works like Counter Strike. I use to open up my configuration in notepad and change the settings and then save it and mark it as read only. I do it so gib and etc doesn't revert back.

Loxley said:
I have a quick question for the BC2 PC side, ever since I've had the game (since launch) I've never been able to successfully get the team-side audio localized (meaning they'll speak English instead of Russian). I change it in the settings, but it always just reverts back to Russian, has anyone else had this problem?

Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful language, but it'd just be a tad more convenient to able to understand what the hell my "team-mates" are yelling :D
In Documents > BFBC2 > GameSettings I have VOLanguage=0 and OriginalVOForEnemyTeam=0

Not sure which one exactly changes it or if you need both of them, but it works for me and didn't change anything I didn't want. Just remember to save the file.

TheSeks said:
OJG, you can do all the stuff he's talking about if you got veteran status. Besides which, it's not hard to unlock the defib/blah, blah, blah. They're the first unlock (IIRC) within 1000 points anyway?

No, you get med packs first then the defib. Even then you have to play one class to get these open up then when you move to Assault and want to resupply someone like they said, you can't cause you have no ammo boxes. But it's not easy to rack up points at the beginning and can be confusing. Also, there is no mention for a noob on how to get Veteran status. That's my point, the video says how to not be a noob but it's very bad at explaining these things to actual new players. A new video should be made for new players and not ones with everything unlocked already.

Spl1nter

Facism said:
ini tweaked previously solved it without any outlay of funds. Would prefer the free option to the paid one :)

Well a good quality mouse makes such a huge difference in game play anyway but I understand.

KZObsessed

TheSeks said:
6100 pages. So 61 was the cutoff on Saturday.

Of course, FF/KZObsessed says it goes by players... but I doubt that.

oh it's definitely based on players Seks! You just don't want to believe as you spent so long grinding :p Wouldn't even make sense to be based on pages rather than players. :S

I got the 10% Honor Rank and I was ranked 4294 last week. If it was based on pages I would have had to have been ranked 664 and above.

Loxley

Mr Sandman said:
In Documents > BFBC2 > GameSettings I have VOLanguage=0 and OriginalVOForEnemyTeam=0

Not sure which one exactly changes it or if you need both of them, but it works for me and didn't change anything I didn't want. Just remember to save the file.

Worked like a charm :D Thanks man

Had some good if slightly laggy games with faceless last night (my time): Aussies and an American put on a European server... gg DICE :D

Az

Massa said:
Well, it doesn't sound like a good idea to send that to a 14 year old kid...

Did you send me the PM? Oh shi.... ;)

Seriously though, the stuff I get when I reply like that is much worse.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Massa said:
Well, it doesn't sound like a good idea to send that to a 14 year old kid...

Not his problem a 14 year old kid is playing a game rated "M" for "Mature (17 and up)."

OldJadedGamer said:
No, you get med packs first then the defib. Even then you have to play one class to get these open up then when you move to Assault and want to resupply someone like they said, you can't cause you have no ammo boxes. But it's not easy to rack up points at the beginning and can be confusing. Also, there is no mention for a noob on how to get Veteran status. That's my point, the video says how to not be a noob but it's very bad at explaining these things to actual new players. A new video should be made for new players and not ones with everything unlocked already.

To be fair that video was made when the demo was released, which people played with defib and ammo packs from the beginning.

endlessflood said:
Had some good if slightly laggy games with faceless last night (my time): Aussies and an American put on a European server... gg DICE :D
yeah that was hilarious, shotgun lag for all!!!

i mean, the game itself wasn't laggy for me, but damn if i didn't shoot some people FULL ON IN THE FACE with the shotgun and not get the kill and see them with 50-100% health.

and i put in some work with the pro tube as well!

Relaxed Muscle said:
To be fair that video was made when the demo was released, which people played with defib and ammo packs from the beginning.

I know, which is why I stated before that it's outdated and needs to be redone or noobs here that may read it need to know these things.

TheSeks said:
Not his problem a 14 year old kid is playing a game rated "M" for "Mature (17 and up)."
exactly!

ESRB Notice: Game Experience May Change During Online Play

OldJadedGamer said:
I know, which is why I stated before that it's outdated and needs to be redone or noobs here that may read it need to know these things.
well, what would they add other than "shoot people in the face until you unlock the cool shit"?

The Faceless Master said:
well, what would they add other than "shoot people in the face until you unlock the cool shit"?

That got a "lol" out of me. I'm just saying that I personally watched that video a few times before playing the game to make sure I would not be a noob and picked a medic to ensure I helped my team the most I could and couldn't do 90% of the stuff in that video and was very confused. The video is fine but after this much time, it needs a disclaimer.

X-Frame

OldJadedGamer said:

So .. uhh .. how do you get Veteran status?

Never played this since the Demo and my copy is coming on Wednesday.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I bought two copies of the game last week and started playing with my brother since I needed a break from defending burnoff and cooling towers in MAG, and I'm having a lot of fun.

The only problem I have with the game is that it acts crazy sometimes. On our first day, we were playing Rush on the same team, and when the game ended, my screen showed "Your team won," while his showed "Your team lost." :lol

And then today we were on Squad Deatchmatch and, when we reached 50 kills, the screen displayed "Your team lost."

Go figure.

Marvie_3

Banned
Brazil said:
I bought two copies of the game last week and started playing with my brother since I needed a break from defending burnoff and cooling towers in MAG, and I'm having a lot of fun.

The only problem I have with the game is that it acts crazy sometimes. On our first day, we were playing Rush on the same team, and when the game ended, my screen showed "Your team won," while his showed "Your team lost." :lol

And then today we were on Squad Deatchmatch and, when we reached 50 kills, the screen displayed "Your team lost."

Go figure.
I wish they'd fix this. It's really annoying during close matches. :lol

just had the wei4rdest game on Atacama Desert. first one of the randoms in my squad is sitting at the helipad waiting for someone to get into the Apache and fly it so he can be gunner. at least that's what i think he was doing, since i spawned on him a few times and ran around the Apache to get to a vehicle and he ran behind me, then turned around as i passed the Apache by.

then... we got all 3 flags, and where's the enemy? SPAWN CAMPING OUR BASE!!!

:lol :lol :lol

edit: Game 2!

We have all 3 bases but don't worry, they have BOTH CHOPPERS!!!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
X-Frame said:

Play Battlefield games. (BF1942, 1943, 2, 2:MC, 2: Expansions, Vietnam, 2042, BC1...)

www.battlefield.com, EA account under your PSN ID's e-mail address. (Edit5: NOTE: You can only link an account ONCE, and since EA.com sucks and won't let you merge other EA.com accounts, I suggest having ONE account for your PC/XBL/PSN id's and write down/remember the account and USE IT FOR EVERYTHING EA OWNED [mumblegrumble,stupid XBL being on a different ea.com account for me,mumblegrumble])

Link Battlefield games under the "Veteran" tab.

Easiest way is to make a Battlefield Hero's (google it) account under that EA account and after a day or so it should be linked to your EA account and you get +1 vet status.

Edit:
Faceless said:
>>Atacama Base Rapes<<

SMH for that map on Conquest. It's a good map, but it's shit like that that makes me hate it.

Also it's fine you didn't play earlier. I bailed to watch James May's Toy Stories finale on BBCAmerica so... :lol

Edit2:
OldJadedGamer said:
But it's not easy to rack up points at the beginning and can be confusing.

Uh... "Kill people and you get these unlocks and then..."?

The default guns are more than adequate to kill people with. Problem is this late in the game you're going to deal with body armor/magnum ammo jerks.

Besides, IIRC the turrets and vehicles will count to the class unlocks in addition to the "class/vehicle" unlocks. So you can just whore those for easy points (provided people aren't smart to take you out)

Or pick up someone elses kit and use their kit items anyway. You can get points for that class (and only that class, not the original spawned in class) easily doing that. Wait for a medic to die, grab their kit. Revive them (they'll be piss not having a class item, but whatever). Camp a spot with your team getting hurt. Throw out kits and don't (fixed with patches) die and rack up crazy EXP for medic.

Same for assault.

Recon is just spot assists and the same goes for engineer (but they rely on killing).

It's not hard to unlock the class items if you don't have vet status, dude. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

It sucks they aren't unlocked from the start like they were in the demo/beta, but eh... not a huge deal.

Edit 4: Oh, and Faceless: BC1 only had like four players in the two servers I tried today. Tried to play on Deconstruction (you know I love that maps cranes. :p) and only got empty servers. Not sure if people are starting to leave the game or it's just Monday night/people got work school tomorrow or what. But that was disappointing.

Game 3: (nice map rotation DICE!) BASE. RAPE.

X-Frame said:

Never played this since the Demo and my copy is coming on Wednesday.
you have to play and register another battlefield game on the same EA account.

Marvie_3 said:
I wish they'd fix this. It's really annoying during close matches. :lol
you should know who won based on the cutscene. the winning team is in the cutscene!

olimpia84

The Faceless Master said:
then... we got all 3 flags, and where's the enemy? SPAWN CAMPING OUR BASE!!!

:lol :lol :lol

edit: Game 2!

We have all 3 bases but don't worry, they have BOTH CHOPPERS!!!

That was one of the worst teams I played against. The sad thing is that most of them were level 30s...you'd think they'll know a thing or two about the game by now.

I was so glad after when both games were over to see if they would present a challenge on a different level but no...we get the same fucking map again =/

No_Style

Yeah, that last match tonight was so dull and weird. There were 10 people on the other team and yet we rarely see any of them.

Cornbread78

so, will any of you NOOBS be playing this on PS3 tonight or what? I'm playing a couple rounds of R2 with some buddies, but I should be on this around 10:00-10:30EST. Shoot me a PSN if you'll be on, so I can jump in!

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Platinum tank medal and destroying 5 MCOMMs all by myself on Arica = dick length +1.

Jtrizzy

What's the deal with the 2 platinum star emblem? I have platinumed the M416 and the specact ump but it doesn't give me the thingy. I'm about 20 away with sir carl.

Sanjay

Mr. Snrub said:
Speaking of, I'm moving to my new apartment and ditching my shitty wireless mouse. Any recommendations for a decent mouse for $50-75?

Can't be that bad you always do so well :| I recommend the Razer DeathAdder 3500.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Jeez, VSS+Red Dot destroys everything! :lol

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
What would you damage the tank with without rockets and C4?

Other tanks? Repair tools? Lucky land mines?

Once your tank went down, this seems like it would get quite difficult.

Pankaks said:
Jeez, VSS+Red Dot destroys everything! :lol

This is my secret weapon. I love it. Went from 27 kills to over 400 in just a couple of days. Best part is that people assume you are a noob recon but you light them up since the gun is basically a submachine gun at that point.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Crakatak187 said:
https://twitter.com/Demize99/status/20220268660

What you guys think? This mode if it gets a greenlight will so satisfy me.

With no C4 and RPG's what are you going to destroy vehicles with? AT Mines?

OldJadedGamer said:
This is my secret weapon. I love it. Went from 27 kills to over 400 in just a couple of days. Best part is that people assume you are a noob recon but you light them up since the gun is basically a submachine gun at that point.

I actually stole borrowed the idea from one of your posts. I agree it's hilarious when Assault dudes try to knife and end up eating a clip of lead instead :lol.

dralla

that really wouldn't change much if you could still just blow up the houses with the crates in them.

he's saying c4 and rockets wouldn't damage the crates, not remove them from the game

Top Bottom