• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

blahness

trying to play but all of my unlocked weapons and specs are gone on 360. how do i fix or do i have to wait for ea's servers to correct it?

I never goes away permanently. In fact I never lost anything atm. Welcome you can play with us PS3 GAF. There are separate sections to me anyways. Olimpia is pretty much Conquest PS3 GAF, people who plays conquest joins him. I'm Rush PS3 GAF, I have tiny amounts of people who joins my game sometimes or I join Azrim's rush games.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Faceless isn't on BC2. :(

Playing with randoms is no fun.

Razor beats my ass repeatedly in Super Street 4. :(

Otherwise I'm playing through Killzone 2 singleplayer so I can unlock Elite and finish my achievement list. >_>

Razor210

TheSeks said:
Faceless isn't on BC2. :(

Playing with randoms is no fun.

Razor beats my ass repeatedly in Super Street 4. :(

Otherwise I'm playing through Killzone 2 singleplayer so I can unlock Elite and finish my achievement list. >_>
There are still glaring holes in my scrub tactic. Need less fireballs and more zoning techniques.

TheSeks

Razor210 said:
There are still glaring holes in my scrub tactic. Need less fireballs and more zoning techniques.

I've found a way through your fireballs. But it's timing.

I'm enjoying Cody, even if I suck at playing him right now. He seems pretty deep in doing mixups.

I'm just really terrible playing against other people in fighters. It's why I generally stay offline.

Sanic

Gekko87 said:
I hope your reading this DICE/EA
I realize that this is a problem with other games and it's not nessecarily easy to adjust, but it feels as if most of the maps in BC2 are....overdesigned, I guess. In the sense that 'ok guys, heres the (sometimes only) spot where all of the snipers are supposed to go'. The long, thin designs of the maps only amplify this fact.

TheSeks

I think <D 2.0> takes up too much memory or whatever in the engine to where they can't have some of the huge open maps (that weren't that great, IMO) that BC1 had.

Facism

didn't realise there was a good number of PC gaff playing this. Fancy adding me to your friendslists?

I go by Live_Feed ingame

Easy_D

never left the stone age
TheSeks said:
I think <D 2.0> takes up too much memory or whatever in the engine to where they can't have some of the huge open maps (that weren't that great, IMO) that BC1 had.
BC1 had larger levels? I think the map size in BC2 is pretty nice but I don't know about even bigger levels.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So i applied to be a member of DICE Press Room Google Group.
Maybe we can get a better communication with the DICE folks now.

TheSeks

Easy_D said:
BC1 had larger levels? I think the map size in BC2 is pretty nice but I don't know about even bigger levels.

Yes. The out-of-bounds in BC1 was HUGE. So huge there were parts of the map that you generally wouldn't know about/go through unless you have someone like Faceless driving a tank to get around and behind the defenders base.

The thing is, <D 2.0> does take up some memory. They have to have the engine remember the building is gone/collapsed and that building has to stay in that state for the rest of the game.

There is a few misplaced/"filler" buildings in some BC1 maps (I'm remembering a radio tower building that no one ever was in (was it even possible to get in that building?) near the farm/anti-air defender base in this one map that I'm forgetting the name of.

The Faceless Master said:
>>Wider<<

Well, that isn't the issue really. I think having so many buildings able to be <D 2.0>'ed is the issue. Didn't they say that they had to make 1943 not be <D 2.0> but like a <D 1.5> due engine stuff? (IE: 3 walls didn't make the building cave. But you could completely destroy the building yourself but in a non-realistic way)

BTW: Me and you should go back to BC1 this weekend. Provided there is players there. :/

TheSeks said:
Yes. The out-of-bounds in BC1 was HUGE. So huge there were parts of the map that you generally wouldn't know about/go through unless you have someone like Faceless driving a tank to get around and behind the defenders base.

The thing is, <D 2.0> does take up some memory. They have to have the engine remember the building is gone/collapsed and that building has to stay in that state for the rest of the game.

There is a few misplaced/"filler" buildings in some BC1 maps (I'm remembering a radio tower building that no one ever was in (was it even possible to get in that building?) near the farm/anti-air defender base in this one map that I'm forgetting the name of.
End of the Line, and i've actually had a few gunfights there!

actually, that reminded me of a BC1 trick for that level that i only showed a few people back in the day... if the boat is lopsided and level with the dock, you can exit the boat right on the dock!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CIyXJmZARE

Well, that isn't the issue really. I think having so many buildings able to be <D 2.0>'ed is the issue. Didn't they say that they had to make 1943 not be <D 2.0> but like a <D 1.5> due engine stuff? (IE: 3 walls didn't make the building cave. But you could completely destroy the building yourself but in a non-realistic way)

BTW: Me and you should go back to BC1 this weekend. Provided there is players there. :/
i was only really responding to the "i don't know about bigger maps" by pointing out that them being wider made for a larger variety of attack vectors. and i'm down for BC1, hope some other peeps are too, a squad of 4 would be nice!

olimpia84

Last night was hilarious. On Laguna Alta we had a 10 vs 10 match where the enemy took the tank to C and for some reason left it there (with good amount of 'health') and that right there was their death sentence. Our team took the tank and capped all three flags right away and as you can guess it was spawn raping at its best.
For the first time I felt really bad for them but I kept shooting at them and racking up kills :lol
We had both tanks in their base camp, the UAV hovering and shooting, assaults tossing grenades randomly and killing anybody that spawned and recons calling random mortar strikes. They simply had absolutely no chance of getting out but that's what they get for leaving their tank and not capping any flags at the beginning of the match. :lol

The only frustrating match for the PS3 gaf crew was the last one we played at Nelson Bay. The other team controlled pretty much every single flag and we had a hell of a time trying to get them back. =/

TheSeks

and i'm down for BC1, hope some other peeps are too, a squad of 4 would be nice!

Good luck with getting two others. None of BC2 PS3 GAF own BC1.

And not today. Tomorrow we'll go into BC1. I'm slightly busy this evening so I won't be around on the PS3.

The joys of getting one year older. (And it's not even my birthday for a few more days)

Edit: Olimpia, I saw you and No Style in BC2. But Razor dragged me into getting my ass kicked in Street 4... so yeah... :lol

olimpia84 said:
Last night was hilarious. On Laguna Alta we had a 10 vs 10 match where the enemy took the tank to C and for some reason left it there (with good amount of 'health') and that right there was their death sentence. Our team took the tank and capped all three flags right away and as you can guess it was spawn raping at its best.
For the first time I felt really bad for them but I kept shooting at them and racking up kills :lol
We had both tanks in their base camp, the UAV hovering and shooting, assaults tossing grenades randomly and killing anybody that spawned and recons calling random mortar strikes. They simply had absolutely no chance of getting out but that's what they get for leaving their tank and not capping any flags at the beginning of the match. :lol

The only frustrating match for the PS3 gaf crew was the last one we played at Nelson Bay. The other team controlled pretty much every single flag and we had a hell of a time trying to get them back. =/
so, basically...
2zylkkh.jpg

TheSeks said:
Good luck with getting two others. None of BC2 PS3 GAF own BC1.

And not today. Tomorrow we'll go into BC1. I'm slightly busy this evening so I won't be around on the PS3.

The joys of getting one year older. (And it's not even my birthday for a few more days)

Edit: Olimpia, I saw you and No Style in BC2. But Razor dragged me into getting my ass kicked in Street 4... so yeah... :lol
oh, not today, i was saying i was game for a BC1 session this weekend. gotta get into gold tag status today... and c'mon BC2 GAF, some of you have to have BC1! dust it off!

TheSeks

gotta get into gold tag status today...

What level is that? 38? Have you finally blown past my three level lead? :lol

olimpia84

TheSeks said:

Yeah, I haven't seen you playing BC2 in a while. Let me know if you're up for some Conquest, we have a steady number of gaffers every night.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
olimpia84 said:
Yeah, I haven't seen you playing BC2 in a while. Let me know if you're up for some Conquest, we have a steady number of gaffers every night.
* Fist Bump *

Gonna be playing tonight.

Sanjay

Facism said:
didn't realise there was a good number of PC gaff playing this. Fancy adding me to your friendslists?

I go by Live_Feed ingame

Add me on Steam.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/sanjay

Using the ingame friends list is not really good to organize when to play. Use Steam and when you see people boot up BC2 its like the batman call sign for its BC2 time.

Pete Rock

I'd really like to see the 1943 maps put in this game, they would be awesome in both modes I think, if a little compact. If they can make Valdez work both ways I think they could do Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima, especially if they had an offshore carrier spawn on one end of the island instead of either side. More rolling hills and open fields please DICE :D

Ran a quick search for Isla to get my last 2 jet ski kills as a wookie for all vehicle bronze stars, which netted me all bronze stars overall. In the process I got my 100th mortar strike kill, got my 400th kill with the m24 and at least a thousand points in motion mine assists. Never had a game with more awards stacked, it was like a 26k award score round on top of 8k combat. At one point the numbers never stopped rolling in, a combo of over 1000+ as I was punishing them on the beach front B crate with sniper rounds and mortar strikes as they were attempting to defuse :lol

Now I just need to get my 3 car kills pin and I'm done with those! What's the best strategy there, grab a buddy and a humvee and go for a streak with the mounted turret gun?

TheSeks

Pete Rock said:
Now I just need to get my 3 car kills pin and I'm done with those! What's the best strategy there, grab a buddy and a humvee and go for a streak with the mounted turret gun?

Arica. Attackers. Roadkills. Avoid Mines and Rockets. One more on a turret gun for vehicle kills after three roadkills.

Faceless said:

How are you getting points so quickly to level up that quickly? D:

TheSeks said:
Arica. Attackers. Roadkills. Avoid Mines and Rockets. One more on a turret gun for vehicle kills after three roadkills.
probably easier to get 4 roadkills, especially since the last patch made them more reliable.

How are you getting points so quickly to level up that quickly? D:
*shrug*

by playing the game

it helps when you crate bash and your score ends up being something like this:

2zez9e1.jpg

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
i was only really responding to the "i don't know about bigger maps" by pointing out that them being wider made for a larger variety of attack vectors

I guess I never really thought about it but you're right, in BC2 there's never more than 2 ways to go, and they're usually pretty close to each other (talking about Rush here specifically). But just off the top of my head on Harvest Day in BC1 right at the beginning you could go left up the stream, up the middle road straight in to town, or way over to the right up in to the hills. Shit was awesome. In BC2 one of the biggest vehicle maps is Arica, and that has, what, one place you can take a vehicle? I guess that's why they give you so many tanks to play with, really the only solution is to punch your way through.

Pete rock said:

As someone mentioned, Arica. Got mine by roadkilling fools on the stairs at the second set of crates. They're trapped in there and can't avoid you.

Saw what I thought was an absolutely ingenious tactic on Nelson Bay rush today. I joined the game a little after it had begun, I was playing defense at the first set like normal. Eventually we lost the second mcom alpha and as I turned to retreat to the next set I let out an audible "WTF!?"

Every single tree and piece of brush had been cleared out between first and second set alpha.

It looked like an area at the end of a game that had seen heavy mortar, tank shells, and explosives but we had just barely lost the first set. Then I saw some team mates, I believe, c4ing trees!

The whole time the team was defending the first set these guys were already preparing for the second by clearing the area out so we can better see the enemy approaching.

So not only did this team make the right move by completely disregarding second set bravo, but they took away the only advantage the attackers had: cover and poor visibility.

This may not sound like a big deal to you guys and maybe it's only because lately I've been playing with pretty crappy teams but damn, I was in awe of this move.

blahness

bean breath said:
Saw what I thought was an absolutely ingenious tactic on Nelson Bay rush today. I joined the game a little after it had begun, I was playing defense at the first set like normal. Eventually we lost the second mcom alpha and as I turned to retreat to the next set I let out an audible "WTF!?"

Every single tree and piece of brush had been cleared out between first and second set alpha.

It looked like an area at the end of a game that had seen heavy mortar, tank shells, and explosives but we had just barely lost the first set. Then I saw some team mates, I believe, c4ing trees!

The whole time the team was defending the first set these guys were already preparing for the second by clearing the area out so we can better see the enemy approaching.

So not only did this team make the right move by completely disregarding second set bravo, but they took away the only advantage the attackers had: cover and poor visibility.

This may not sound like a big deal to you guys and maybe it's only because lately I've been playing with pretty crappy teams but damn, I was in awe of this move.

Probably not as extensive but this can be easily accomplished using the heavy MG behind B on the second set. I use this tactic often if i can get on the gun.

blahness said:
This can be easily accomplished using the heavy MG behind B on the second set. I use this tactic often if i can get on the gun.
Hey, good games tonight.

Yeah, I use to do the same thing but this was something else. The whole thing was cleared out before the attacking team had a chance to even attempt one quick rush with all the trees still intact.

I'm still not sure how they went about it. I'm assuming they were assaults so they can resupply their c4. I tried to do it myself but there were way too many trees for one person, plus I was recon and couldn't resupply.

Man I hated those guys we played against today. About 4 dirty ass clan using UAV C4 and any C4 + Vehicles. We pulled through but shits way damn annoying.

actually, that reminded me of a BC1 trick for that level that i only showed a few people back in the day... if the boat is lopsided and level with the dock, you can exit the boat right on the dock!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CIyXJmZARE

i was only really responding to the "i don't know about bigger maps" by pointing out that them being wider made for a larger variety of attack vectors. and i'm down for BC1, hope some other peeps are too, a squad of 4 would be nice!
Haha, great vid but it was missing something faceless :D

I actually have BFBC1 but played it online for all of about 5 minutes (it wasn't until BF1943 that I became a console Battlefield convert). I'd be curious to go back and play it with you guys but I think timezone wise it probably wouldn't work - although faceless often seems to be gaming when I'm on I suspect that other GAFers wouldn't be :(

blahness said:
Probably not as extensive but this can be easily accomplished using the heavy MG behind B on the second set. I use this tactic often if i can get on the gun.
yeah, i do this all the time too.

endlessflood said:
Haha, great vid but it was missing something faceless :D
lol

I actually have BFBC1 but played it online for all of about 5 minutes (it wasn't until BF1943 that I became a console Battlefield convert). I'd be curious to go back and play it with you guys but I think timezone wise it probably wouldn't work - although faceless often seems to be gaming when I'm on I suspect that other GAFers wouldn't be :(
yeah, most of GAF is on around 12 hours later than that.

bean breath said:

Haha :lol My buddy and I used to do this around launch actually. Equip SPAS slugs + C4 + ammo box and two people can clear the whole forest behind the first set in a matter of a few minutes. Makes attacking the next set a pain in the ass. It's not a guaranteed win though, I've had the enemies being able to make it passed the barren wasteland plenty of times and all I could do was smh @ my shitty team.

blahness said:

Yup, same. Just mow those trees down and see the dots appear.:lol

Champagne all around!!! Finally made it to the ranks of lvl 50 N00B. Now I can stop flying choppers and only gun, get 4 people to repair my tank, ignore objective and just camp just like the rest of the lvl 50 pros!:lol :lol

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
^^
Congrats on level 50!

Stat graphic time...

ps3_Ragnar.png

ps3_Ragnar.png

I need to play more. I've really only been on two or three nights a week lately.

Found a small glitch with one of the insignias. The headshot 100 people with a sniper rifle. Found out it only works on scoped sniper rifles. If you red dot a sniper rifle it doesn't count towards it. It sucks and a bug but whatever.

AcridMeat

Banned
Meteorain said:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Brightblade

I usually play with other PC GAF, so if I'm on BC2, so are they!

Added.

I played a bunch on the Giant Bomb/Tested server yesterday, mainly because I was doing pretty well. A couple games with 41+ kills and then ended on 32-16 or something. The main reason being that it wasn't very populated and the ticket counts were at like 250 on conquest.

I think what felt the best is I wasn't being a gustavinist too badly as I kept getting headshot after headshot with my AKS-47u.

I still haven't tried out Mumble yet after installing it, I need the PC GAF info for it.

Toxa

Dubbedinenglish said:
Champagne all around!!! Finally made it to the ranks of lvl 50 N00B. Now I can stop flying choppers and only gun, get 4 people to repair my tank, ignore objective and just camp just like the rest of the lvl 50 pros!:lol :lol

Lvl50 + chopper = atacama base camping ... no merit

I just purchased this via steam the other day. I haven't been able to find any servers, either through the play now option or the server browser, anyone have any ideas?

Top Bottom