• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Sanjay

Crakatak187 said:
Man I hated those guys we played against today. About 4 dirty ass clan using UAV C4 and any C4 + Vehicles. We pulled through but shits way damn annoying.

Guard the M-COM stations then. UAV C4 is very easy to counter and C4 Vehcles is manageable.

Now what I really hate is people taking down buildings via tanks/carl gustav to take down M-COM stations. I mean sure you can try to take them out but they can keep doing it as they have enough time.

I wish DICE included a hardcore mode for rush where it can only be destroyed by activation and C4.

OldJadedGamer said:
Found a small glitch with one of the insignias. The headshot 100 people with a sniper rifle. Found out it only works on scoped sniper rifles. If you red dot a sniper rifle it doesn't count towards it. It sucks and a bug but whatever.
Are you sure? There's a minimum distance for marksman headshots.

bean breath said:
I think they need to be long range head shots.

I've made long range head shots with the red dot. They only count if the rifle is scoped but it's still a bug because it says to get 100 head shots with a sniper rifle and I've done that but no insignia.

The_Reckoning said:
I just purchased this via steam the other day. I haven't been able to find any servers, either through the play now option or the server browser, anyone have any ideas?
Something about needing to run the game as admin or enable the game in your firewall or something.

Enron

Banned
Is anyone else having trouble staying connected on psn? Things were fine until about 20 minutes ago, now i cant stay connected to a game for more than a minute or so.

delume

Just getting back into this after a long break (from when the nasty rubberbanding occurred). Having trouble finding full games on the 360, most end up being around 5v5. Is this common or based more on my geographical location (NZ)? Pretty unsatisfying.

delume

sw33tclyde said:
Most likely your location, lots of full games here on the east coast. What time is it over there?
8:30 in the morning. Possibly being a bit hopeful on my part. :) Lazy gamers, get up!

kitch9

Banned
delume said:
Just getting back into this after a long break (from when the nasty rubberbanding occurred). Having trouble finding full games on the 360, most end up being around 5v5. Is this common or based more on my geographical location (NZ)? Pretty unsatisfying.
I've just got back from a holiday in NZ, and its fair to say compared to the rest of the world you guys are pretty much fucked when it comes to server population.

olimpia84

I managed to get the all bronze stars insignia today and I'm glad I did because apparently this is a glitched award. The BC2 forum has a ton of complaints about it.
In case some of you are wondering the M1 Garand is not required to get the insignia, neither are the rocket launchers because I still don't have any stars on the M136 AT and yet I got the award. This leads me to think that you probably don't need any stars in the rest of the gadgets as well.

Oh, and I also went up to rank 49...so close to 50 now :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man you guys seriously grind for that 50. Ranking up to level 37 was a chore for me. :lol

Sanjay said:
Guard the M-COM stations then. UAV C4 is very easy to counter and C4 Vehcles is manageable.

Now what I really hate is people taking down buildings via tanks/carl gustav to take down M-COM stations. I mean sure you can try to take them out but they can keep doing it as they have enough time.

I wish DICE included a hardcore mode for rush where it can only be destroyed by activation and C4.
We did easier said then done when that shit is speeding 100% speed.
And I did said we won.

TheSeks said:
Man you guys seriously grind for that 50. Ranking up to level 37 was a chore for me. :lol
it's only like 200k-300k per level from 35 or so up.

OldJadedGamer said:
Playing with friends? Yes.
Playing with randoms? No.

But, if you're an achievement whore you'll want it and also you can practice flying the helis if you need it.
i actually had some good late night games with randoms on PS3! most had mics too!

olimpia84 said:
I managed to get the all bronze stars insignia today and I'm glad I did because apparently this is a glitched award. The BC2 forum has a ton of complaints about it.
In case some of you are wondering the M1 Garand is not required to get the insignia, neither are the rocket launchers because I still don't have any stars on the M136 AT and yet I got the award. This leads me to think that you probably don't need any stars in the rest of the gadgets as well.

Oh, and I also went up to rank 49...so close to 50 now :D
yeah, i got the award without doing the 40MM Shotgun on 360. i think only the weapons on the first page are required...

ugh, my internet connection has been so crappy for the past 2 days...

OldJadedGamer said:
Yeah, when it works it's fantastic but finding that good groups of randoms is really hard.
late at night it's not so hard... most of the sucky people are asleep.

TheSeks

The Faceless Master said:
it's only like 200k-300k per level from 35 or so up.

Yeah, but I only get 800-1000 a game. So that's 200 games per level up. Ugh.

OldJadedGamer said:
I've made long range head shots with the red dot. They only count if the rifle is scoped but it's still a bug because it says to get 100 head shots with a sniper rifle and I've done that but no insignia.

Sniper rifle = rifle + sniper scope. If you use a red dot scope, then you have a rifle with a red dot scope which isn't equal to a sniper rifle.

TheSeks said:
Yeah, but I only get 800-1000 a game. So that's 200 games per level up. Ugh.
i keep rotating weapons so i can get them all to gold, that alone is 6500 per weapon. and i force myself to use the RPG7 so i can plat it and then use the Carl, which is an easy plat. plus, a good offensive game C4ing crates can be like 8k!

UFRA

TheSeks said:

I agree. Feels like it took me forever to get to 37. I'll be happy if I get to 40 one day. lol

olimpia84 said:
I'm one of the people it's glitched for. I've nearly got gold stars in everything, but still no "all weapon bronze stars" insignia for me :(

You can see it clear as day, here are my stats showing the stars and also the (lack of) insignias: http://bfbcs.com/stats_ps3/AStiffBreeze

I have gold or platinum in everything except the M93R (silver), SVU (silver), water vehicles (silver), M24 (bronze), and SV98 (bronze). I intend to gold those ones shortly, just working my way through...

TheSeks

While I'm here.

*strangles Olimpia a la Homer Simpson to Bart*

That's for going into Hardcore mode, having Faceless join you and not telling SOME OF US. >_>

endlessflood said:
I'm one of the people it's glitched for. I've nearly got gold stars in everything, but still no "all weapon bronze stars" insignia for me :(

You can see it clear as day, here are my stats showing the stars and also the (lack of) insignias: http://bfbcs.com/stats_ps3/AStiffBreeze

I have gold or platinum in everything except the M93R (silver), SVU (silver), water vehicles (silver), M24 (bronze), and SV98 (bronze). I intend to gold those ones shortly, just working my way through...
yeah, i want to platinum water vehicles. i love that you get credit for a vehicle kill as long as you're in the vehicle when you get a kill... e.g. being a passenger in a chopper, someone runs into your AT Mines, air vehicle kill! :lol :lol :lol

TheSeks

Ever wondered what 10 Engineers swarming your tank looks like because you kept it up first set Arica Rush?

*image here that I can't post because EA sucks and hasn't fixed the photo mode*

Well, BAM! THERE IT IS! :lol

Fucking laughed out loud seriously for five minutes at that.

Cruzader

Banned
I played a few games but there was a douchebag going around and placing mines(from our team) on the crates and a dick who kept getting on my way purposefully and since it was on hardcore mode, I had to kill him everytime and get minus points. Idiots.

Hate playing with randoms. Faceless being a tank whore didnt help so I had to quit that shit. Cant wait till the next online game thats gonna hook me. Getting tired of BC2.

edit: also got -200pts for a motion mine that I threw...how the hell is that possible?

TheSeks

And once again... GAF clears out a server of level 30-50's. :lol

Good games, Dubbed. Crack bailing as I get out to repair the tank. Repair the tank and hold it up was ugh. Because I needed a gunner or someone to stay in the tank for free points. *sigh* His self-preservation is too much for me. :lol

Who is "Danthaman?" I don't know this dude, and I think he's a random?

Wthermans

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
Did you get the Marksman bonus on those headshots? Marksman Headshots are the only ones that count towards the badge and it is possible to get them with the Red Dot Sniper (I do it every so often).

TheSeks

RAAAAAH.

I slap 6 C4 on an ATV. Rush toward A Third Set Atacama Rush, bail out. Mash the C4 trigger. NO EXPLOSION!

3-2-1 tickets left.

Can you guess what happens despite the fact my C4 ATV is RIGHT ON THE GODDAMN CRATE, ONE MORE WOULD BLOW IT UP (which I was trying to do, but "danthaman" kept arming the damn thing to alert them to shoot us in the back. :|)

Yep. C4 doesn't detonate, I get shot in the face. Round over.

SMH DICE for not fixing this. :|

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
TheSeks said:
RAAAAAH.

I slap 6 C4 on an ATV. Rush toward A Third Set Atacama Rush, bail out. Mash the C4 trigger. NO EXPLOSION!

3-2-1 tickets left.

Can you guess what happens despite the fact my C4 ATV is RIGHT ON THE GODDAMN CRATE, ONE MORE WOULD BLOW IT UP (which I was trying to do, but "danthaman" kept arming the damn thing to alert them to shoot us in the back. :|)

:lol

I can't count the number of times I've mashed RT only to see the C4 not explode and then get shot.

Oh btw, is anyone else slightly annoyed that grenades and gadgets can't immediately be used upon spawning? God knows it's gotten me killed a bunch of times :(.

Yeah I was an assault I didn't want to give any double kills :lol

Dan and myself we play by mostly arming. One of us arms and the rest get in position to dwarf the other team's attempt to defuse it. Gaffers on my squad usually play like that also, I don't need to name names you guys know who you are.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
Yeah I was an assault I didn't want to give any double kills :lol

I'm sitting there, I'm like "Dude... DUDE!? I REPAIRED IT! GET BACK I-- Damn it, he ran off." :mad: So I'm sitting there, attempting to hit (and failing, I can't lead my tank shots anymore. :/) the Humvees moving past me and taking on tanks.

Man them tracer darting me and a constant "LOCKED ON! LOCKED ON! LOCKED ON! LOCKED ON!" was terrifying. I'm getting hit, people/10 engineers are rushing over and I'm like "THAT'S GREAT! I NEED A GUNNER THOUGH!" :lol

Edit: I should've pushed in once B was taken, but I wanted to keep the tank alive for third set + was trying to annoy them by keeping the tank up. It's too bad they kept tracering me, hitting me and the engineers were clinging to me (but I was too busy to notice the radar on that) and no one was pushing in. Or if they were they met heavy resistance. Ugh. I started to throw C4 on A spawning on you or dream in the enemy base. There is five of our team there. No one is throwing C4. I detonate, only to have us all be mown down by an enemy that followed us into there. *sigh* If there was more C4 being thrown, we'd of had A after that tank got taken out.

Dan and myself we play by mostly arming. One of us arms and the rest get in position to dwarf the other team's attempt to defuse it. Gaffers on my squad usually play like that also, I don't need to name names you guys know who you are.

Out in the open, that doesn't really work too well. Esp. when the enemy is dug in. I rather C4 the thing than attempt to arm and hold it. Then again, I'm in the "Faceless does whatever the hell is needed to get the crates blown and win the game" mindset.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
On Atacoma nice effort on the marathon swimming on the right side. We got Bravo afterwards.

No one checks that side.
At least as far as any games I've played on that mode/map. Of course, now that you've made it public I'm sure everyone and their mom is going to be looking for my ass out there now. :lol

Over million more points to get to level 50 from level 45. I hate being high level though, being high level usually puts me into small ass games with other high levels. I like my matches packed 12 vs 12 packed.

Wthermans said:
Did you get the Marksman bonus on those headshots? Marksman Headshots are the only ones that count towards the badge and it is possible to get them with the Red Dot Sniper (I do it every so often).

When looking at the stats for the gun (the VSS) I'm using I have over 200 head shots with it but 37 when looking at just the sniper headshot insignia.

olimpia84

I'm so pissed right now, just lost in Arica conquest having a 100+ ticket lead. Of course I did most of the job and got the Ace pin but I can't believe the rest of my team was so stupid to let the enemy take over and come back.

TheSeks said:
No one checks that side.
At least as far as any games I've played on that mode/map. Of course, now that you've made it public I'm sure everyone and their mom is going to be looking for my ass out there now. :lol
yeah, the only time i've ever been shot at swimming to B was when someone was on that little island sniping. it's usually a free pass.

OldJadedGamer said:
When looking at the stats for the gun (the VSS) I'm using I have over 200 head shots with it but 37 when looking at just the sniper headshot insignia.
there are two headshot awards, the '100 headshots' counts all headshots from all guns, the '100 marksman headshots' only counts marksman headshots, which have to be from 100M+ distance. that's the distance from the lighthouse to the mounted gun on the 2nd base of Valparaiso or greater. you can tell when it's a marksman headshot because you get a marksman bonus from 1 to 500 points based on distance on top of the 50 for the kill and 10 for the headshot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaHhQ4kwSn4

olimpia84 said:
I'm so pissed right now, just lost in Arica conquest having a 100+ ticket lead. Of course I did most of the job and got the Ace pin but I can't believe the rest of my team was so stupid to let the enemy take over and come back.
i hate when i'm on a team of randoms and the rest of the team doesn't cap bases. sometimes, i'll just stop capping bases and camp one spot and watch to see if they cap any more without me.

Sutanreyu

Crakatak187 said:
Wes and I been talking about the bad hit detection problems lately and since I found a related thread on BFBC2 UK forum that posted videos. I'll post it here.

Pistol shots not registering hits

Turret grants you god mode from sniper headshot video

God mode medic.

There is also a hit detection error that wasn't fix since the beta. It's like that turret one but on the missile pod. No bullets register at all sometimes.

Fun UAV tracer video

I've been bitching about the hit detection since the very first time I played the game, but every time I mention it, people defend the game by saying "play better, lol".

I still love the game, but at times, it's incredibly frustrating when bullets don't register at critical moments.

I really do hate 1 line responses. Play better or defend better towards my bitching about another bfbc2 topic I don't want to bring it up again since it will be resolved in the future.

With these videos I have proof that the hit registration is off and my bitching is justified in game. I had that turret situation before, a guy ate 8 bullets to his chest and took no damage.

Marvie_3

Banned
Sutanreyu said:
I still love the game, but at times, it's incredibly frustrating when bullets don't register at critical moments.
yeah its bad sometimes. It gets old unloading a dozen bullets into a guys head blank point, he turns around and kills you, then it shows his health still at 100%.

I been in that in too many situations. I always make sure to shoot a couple of extra bullets into an enemy chest past the 100% health yet all 8 shots only damaged him 25%

It's like getting trolled by the game. Everytime that happens I say bs on the mic.

TheSeks said:
RAAAAAH.

3-2-1 tickets left.

this never happens to me anymore on crate runs. it should detonate every time as long as you wait for the animation to complete of throwing the last C4 before getting on the quad. it still happens when i am like "oh shit a tank, better C4 this nearby vehicle and take that shit out!" because i'm trying to do it fast and not thinking about it as carefully.

Cruzader said:
I played a few games but there was a douchebag going around and placing mines(from our team) on the crates and a dick who kept getting on my way purposefully and since it was on hardcore mode, I had to kill him everytime and get minus points. Idiots.

Hate playing with randoms. Faceless being a tank whore didnt help so I had to quit that shit. Cant wait till the next online game thats gonna hook me. Getting tired of BC2.

edit: also got -200pts for a motion mine that I threw...how the hell is that possible?
tanks are rough in hardcore. there was one thing that bugged me though, on the bridge , did you one shot my tank in the back with full health with a carl gustav, or did someone else shoot another RPG at the same time? cuz i was like "what the hell?"

Top Bottom