• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Jinjo

ATV C4 shenanigans is always fucked up. On Port Valdez Rush, we had about 5 tickets left, I rush in with a loaded C4 ATV, the last MCOM only needed one more blow-up. I get at the MCOM, jump off. Ready to hit the trigger...... The damn ATV bounces off a rock or something to the left, missing the MCOM entirely! We lost right there and then. :lol

Crakatak187 said:
Wes and I been talking about the bad hit detection problems lately and since I found a related thread on BFBC2 UK forum that posted videos. I'll post it here.

Pistol shots not registering hits

Turret grants you god mode from sniper headshot video

God mode medic.

There is also a hit detection error that wasn't fix since the beta. It's like that turret one but on the missile pod. No bullets register at all sometimes.

Fun UAV tracer video
yep. there's some wonky stuff going on sometimes. first one is lag, the hitbox is trailing the character model. 2nd one i've had happen on a few occasions, and then i adjust a bit and they die. 3rd one is hilarious... i have no idea what the fuck that was, did that guy get revived just before that or something? no idea, that one is crazy.

Wthermans

Banned
I had a dream last night about visiting DICE's studio. Got to meet Demize99, zh1nt0 and Bazajaytee and play some BF3. The dream ended with Swedish zombies trying to steal my soul on a submarine. Very strange. I guess I shouldn't eat day old pizza right before bed.

Az

Crakatak187 said:
Wes and I been talking about the bad hit detection problems lately and since I found a related thread on BFBC2 UK forum that posted videos. I'll post it here.

Pistol shots not registering hits

Turret grants you god mode from sniper headshot video

God mode medic.

There is also a hit detection error that wasn't fix since the beta. It's like that turret one but on the missile pod. No bullets register at all sometimes.

Fun UAV tracer video

Yea I've noticed that lately. I thought it was just me sucking. :lol

Cruzader

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
tanks are rough in hardcore. there was one thing that bugged me though, on the bridge , did you one shot my tank in the back with full health with a carl gustav, or did someone else shoot another RPG at the same time? cuz i was like "what the hell?"

I think was the only one but I did shoot you from behind. Isnt that the weakest point on the tank?

I dont mind playing Hardcore mode but when some idiot keeps making you lose points(wtf was that about anyways!!! dumb random), douchbag blowing our own crate = turns into a shit match quick.

Dear dumbass on the opposite team... if your tank keeps blowing up from my mines as soon as you roll it out of your base, why don't you have one guy jump out and check for them next time you drive one?

Or not. Just keep driving straight out of the base and into my mines. I like this part more.

bean breath said:
I couldn't believe it but I got someone down to 0% health and didn't kill him. I wish I could have screen capped the kill cam.

I can't count the times that happen to me.

Also, the whole hit detection stuff, is even worse lately, that God medic thing happened twice yesterday...

just had a great set of Conquest games with seks, olimpia and danthaman, and i even pulled out the Pro Tube on the White Pass games. i'd have a gold star with the Pro Tube if they gave stars!

bean breath said:
I couldn't believe it but I got someone down to 0% health and didn't kill him. I wish I could have screen capped the kill cam.
happens all the time. for some reason they round down. i forgot which weapon, but there was one where 2 or 3 shots leave you with <1% health, and you can reliably leave an enemy with "0%" health.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hahaha. Faceless just missed an awesome moment on Nelson Bay Conquest.

RU team. We take A/B/D. I'm the only one at D, they're (US/dumbasses) trying to take C. Faceless is over on C up on a rock being a medic spraying death on them.

Three enemies come to D. Kill me. They start to take the flag.

"I ain't having any of that bullshit."

(Spawn: Assault, AN-94 Shotgun, Rex)

Rush toward the B objective of second set on Nelson Bay Rush.

TheSeks <AN-94 ACKBAN> Dumbass1nearCrateB
TheSeks <40MM Shotgun> Dumbass2near1
spraysprayspray
(AN-94: 0/180)
Switch
TheSeks <Shepard wRex> PersonwhoKilledMeBeforeFloodingIntoD.

Killcam Teabag for good measure after they sat there and didn't notice two people were mown until I opened up on them. :lol

Also taking C, and then using the AN-94 to take down anyone coming down the road from US base OUT IN THE OPEN sort-of was pretty intense.

Man, Nelson Bay taking the flags is intense because the other team will generally be flooding toward that point as soon as they see it start to flash. Makes it hard. Faceless and I were on A and I'm throwing 40MM shotguns down the stairs as Faceless revives me and they are rocketing the roof where we are. :lol

Have I said how much I love the 40MM Shotgun? I haven't used it in months, but I still love it. It's just so... MANLY. :lol

OJG said:
Or not. Just keep driving straight out of the base and into my mines. I like this part more.

You'd figure they'd wisen up once you reset the mines and do it about three-five times, but nope. They grab the Bradley rush off to try to cap a flag and BLAM. :lol

TheSeks said:
Hahaha. Faceless just missed an awesome moment on Nelson Bay Conquest.

RU team. We take A/B/D. I'm the only one at D, they're (US/dumbasses) trying to take C. Faceless is over on C up on a rock being a medic spraying death on them.

Three enemies come to D. Kill me. They start to take the flag.

"I ain't having any of that bullshit."

(Spawn: Assault, AN-94 Shotgun, Rex)

Rush toward the B objective of second set on Nelson Bay Rush.

TheSeks <AN-94 ACKBAN> Dumbass1nearCrateB
TheSeks <40MM Shotgun> Dumbass2near1
spraysprayspray
(AN-94: 0/180)
Switch
TheSeks <Shepard wRex> PersonwhoKilledMeBeforeFloodingIntoD.

Killcam Teabag for good measure after they sat there and didn't notice two people were mown until I opened up on them. :lol

Also taking C, and then using the AN-94 to take down anyone coming down the road from US base OUT IN THE OPEN sort-of was pretty intense.
AWESOME! i love stuff like that! speaking of awesome, oh man i wish i had a video of me Pro Tubing the guy of a speeding quad near B on White Pass. i mean, i led the shot like 10ft ahead, it was perfect!

Man, Nelson Bay taking the flags is intense because the other team will generally be flooding toward that point as soon as they see it start to flash. Makes it hard. Faceless and I were on A and I'm throwing 40MM shotguns down the stairs as Faceless revives me and they are rocketing the roof where we are. :lol
yeah, that part was hilarious, i kept lobbing grenades down off the wall, and did you see that time when you were downstairs and outside and i revived you from upstairs? :lol :lol :lol

Have I said how much I love the 40MM Shotgun? I haven't used it in months, but I still love it. It's just so... MANLY. :lol
yea, the 40MM Shotgun is beefy, but it's sort of in this middle ground area... if i wanna kill, kill, kill, i use the 40MM GL, and i have way more fun with the Pro Tube if i want to just have fun.

You'd figure they'd wisen up once you reset the mines and do it about three-five times, but nope. They grab the Bradley rush off to try to cap a flag and BLAM. :lol
some people never learn. what's funnier is the people who do learn and you keep changing up spots and they start second guessing everything.

TheSeks

and did you see that time when you were downstairs and outside and i revived you from upstairs? :lol :lol :lol

Yeah, that was pure WTF.

(Go outside get mown down near the staircase)
"YOU WERE REVIVED BY FACELESS"
(Upstairs)
"WTF." :lol

TheSeks said:
Yeah, that was pure WTF.

(Go outside get mown down near the staircase)
"YOU WERE REVIVED BY FACELESS"
(Upstairs)
"WTF." :lol
i've revived people thru walls many times (and yep, they teleport to the side i'm on) but that one, i was amazed!

So it looks like the game has had a permanent price drop to $40 bucks. Amazon, Best Buy, New Egg, and EBX has it for $40 and doesn't look like a sale. I may double dip finally on the PS3 version.

Amazon even has it for $38. Hmmmm.

i've revived people thru walls many times (and yep, they teleport to the side i'm on) but that one, i was amazed!
My favourite revive was one where the corner of a 2 story building (the infamous red one on Arica) had been blown away, exposing the upper stairs. I was outside and could see a dead teammate near the second story on the stairs. I run up to the corner of the building, look up at the body, gauge the distance (about 5 feet above my head)... scratch my chin a bit... JUMP + DEFIB = REVIVE. It was like a defib slam dunk - I couldn't help but laugh when it actually worked :D

olimpia84

Having a high rank sucks balls. Every time I try to play with randoms I get put in the shittiest team... it's almost like the game is expecting me to make up for everything they can't do.

G_Berry

Banned
Jinjo said:
ATV C4 shenanigans is always fucked up. On Port Valdez Rush, we had about 5 tickets left, I rush in with a loaded C4 ATV, the last MCOM only needed one more blow-up. I get at the MCOM, jump off. Ready to hit the trigger...... The damn ATV bounces off a rock or something to the left, missing the MCOM entirely! We lost right there and then. :lol

<3 BF

SUPARSTARX

I haven't played in a while cuz my old hard drive crashed and I got too lazy to redownload it off EAStore. Did they put out any new maps for BC2?

olimpia84 said:
Having a high rank sucks balls. Every time I try to play with randoms I get put in the shittiest team... it's almost like the game is expecting me to make up for everything they can't do.
This, matchmaking hates me for reason too. I get put into so many shitty rounds. :/

Liking the Thompson now, it looks badass with the bit of rust on it. Whenever I surprise someone I feel like fucking Al Capone hosing them down. :lol

Dubbedinenglish said:
This, matchmaking hates me for reason too. I get put into so many shitty rounds. :/

I keep getting put into conquest rounds where the other team already has all the bases and are now spawn camping our base. WTF Dice?

The Thompson feels great when shooting. It feels strong even though it's weaker at close range compared to other SMGs.

Yeah being high level does suck. I got lucky today and was in a game that averaged 35 until the other team got high levels. That's when they started cheesing. It was great games though.

endlessflood said:
Question: what's the max number of active C4 that you can have out? Is it 6 as with AT Mines, or can you have more?
yep, it's 6. throw #7 and #1 disappears.

OldJadedGamer said:
I keep getting put into conquest rounds where the other team already has all the bases and are now spawn camping our base. WTF Dice?
people on the losing side quit, so there are spots open!!! it makes sense i swear!

Marvie_3

Banned
olimpia84 said:
Same here. Sucks so bad. :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
olimpia84 said:
:lol
That was the craziest match ever.
Our Squad got every single flag our team did nothing besides dying.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
endlessflood said:
Question: what's the max number of active C4 that you can have out? Is it 6 as with AT Mines, or can you have more?

OH GOD IT'S SO CLOSE, GOING TO GET MY COMPUTER ON A ROAD TRIP NEXT WEEK. OH GOD SO CLOSE.

So after buying my new S 360 unit I realized I had a free month of Live so I signed up for a new account which reset my rank to 1 and I went into a game but there was all mid 20's and mid 30's players. It wasn't any different than a game with my normal rank.

Man alive it sucks hardcore not having all my kits though. People were getting pissed as they needed healed and were staring at me asking me for a med kit but I couldn't give it to them. Very, very bad game design decision to not give everyone their kits when they first start.

OldJadedGamer said:
So after buying my new S 360 unit I realized I had a free month of Live so I signed up for a new account which reset my rank to 1 and I went into a game but there was all mid 20's and mid 30's players. It wasn't any different than a game with my normal rank.

Man alive it sucks hardcore not having all my kits though. People were getting pissed as they needed healed and were staring at me asking me for a med kit but I couldn't give it to them. Very, very bad game design decision to not give everyone their kits when they first start.
:lol I know what thats like. Me and an engineer were following an assualt around for like a minute mashing the the back button, yelling out for ammo. I had to start shooting at the guy, even though there's no friendly fire, for him to get a clue. Never crossed my mind that he might not be able to because of rank. Because I've veteran status, I had that stuff from the get go and didn't know why I was unlocking things I already had.

I don't know what's been up lately, but I've gotten into a few games today where one of my own teammates decided to destroy the crates themselves. I just left a match where one guy's score was -400. Makes no sense.

OldJadedGamer said:
Very, very bad game design decision to not give everyone their kits when they first start.
They said they made that decision because in the demo and beta very few people actually made use of those gadgets/abilities. Demize was saying that their hope in the retail game was that having the "you just unlocked gadget X!" pop up on screen a short way into the game would draw attention to those features and hopefully prompt more people to use them.

I'd be very interested to hear whether it worked or not.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
eternaLightness said:
I don't know what's been up lately, but I've gotten into a few games today where one of my own teammates decided to destroy the crates themselves. I just left a match where one guy's score was -400. Makes no sense.
Its annoying that there isn't an automatic kick if you destroy more than 1 MCOM.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
dralla said:
does vietnam really only have 4 new maps or is that bs? that's what i've seen reported, but nothing concrete
It maybe be four maps, but over time Dice will re-release the maps in other modes so you get more bang for your buck! Also, the maps will possibly suck hard in these other modes they get ported too.

Stallion Free said:
It maybe be four maps, but over time Dice will re-release the maps in other modes so you get more bang for your buck! Also, the maps will possibly suck hard in these other modes they get ported too.
i still can't believe the travesty that is white pass rush.

Sanic

I wonder if they're going to test the waters and try out a 1600mspt/$20 price point, since this is an "expansion" after all.

I really would like more than 4 maps, and I want them sooner than we're getting them.

Wthermans

Banned
just had a great set of Conquest games with seks, olimpia and danthaman, and i even pulled out the Pro Tube on the White Pass games. i'd have a gold star with the Pro Tube if they gave stars!

happens all the time. for some reason they round down. i forgot which weapon, but there was one where 2 or 3 shots leave you with <1% health, and you can reliably leave an enemy with "0%" health.
The MP-412 Rex does that quite often. 2 chest shots w/Magnum puts them at 0% health pretty consistently. :(

Mr Sandman said:
4 Rush and Conquest versions...so in Dice's world there's 8! :|
At least it's not 2 Rush, 2 Conquest, 2 Squad Deathmatch, 2 Squad Rush : /

Shnookums

Tonight I had some absolutely killer rounds (on PC) where I took out 4-5 mcoms per round and probably helped swing the outcome of each match as the team I was on was really passive for the most part. Ironically (or not) I had some of the worst kill/death ratios I've ever had in the game in those rounds, so much so that my overall average dropped two hundreths in one night. Kamikaze crew unite!

endlessflood said:
Speaking of modes, we're still waiting on Laguna Alta Rush and Panama Canal Rush right? Anyone have any inside word on those?
not as far as the current game contents are concerned. based on the contents of the last PC update, Map Pack 6 is most likely going to be Panama Canal Squad Deathmatch and Laguna Presa Squad Rush.

also, i don't see how Laguna Alta would work as a Rush map.

TheSeks

I just want to say: I freaking hate White Pass Rush on Attackers Side. Defenders isn't too bad as I become a points vacuum with medic. Minus people flooding in and everyone and Faceless defending B until A is armed when "HEY! THERE ARE PEOPLE THERE!" :lol

Wthermans

Banned
dark_inferno said:
No news about BF BC2 Vietnam?

God... i cant wait to kill some vietnamese soldiers while hearing one of these songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3n-udxyd2s&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpfZNUo4VAc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDWkRYb5OeM&feature=related

Battlefield Vietnam is the best Battlefield that i ever played.
Nothing like listening to "War...what is it good for? Absolutely nothing!" while dropping Napalm. :D

Also, doing boat bombs with the Shit-hook to wipe out tanks was :lol

The propaganda towers were awesome too. "Your government lies to you GI....they will give you a medal GI....after you are dead."

Top Bottom