• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks said:
I just want to say: I freaking hate White Pass Rush on Attackers Side. Defenders isn't too bad as I become a points vacuum with medic. Minus people flooding in and everyone and Faceless defending B until A is armed when "HEY! THERE ARE PEOPLE THERE!" :lol
on White Pass, i dislike attacking and hate defending. seriously, worst map ever, even if it's an easy win on attack.

that position i take above B on defense has a clear shot at the back door of A, i kill sooooo many people who manage to get up the back stairs and come in ready to throw C4/AT Mines.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
that position i take above B on defense has a clear shot at the back door of A, i kill sooooo many people who manage to get up the back stairs and come in ready to throw C4/AT Mines.

You missed one, though. I caught him as he was placing C4. Didn't give him a chance to blow the crate. Thank god. :lol

TheSeks said:
You missed one, though. I caught him as he was placing C4. Didn't give him a chance to blow the crate. Thank god. :lol
can't get everyone, even though i try! sometimes, one guy runs in and then an entire squad spawns on him, and i have to empty my primary weapon, throw a grenade and finally my sidearm and and pray other people attack the red dots by the crate. the worst is when someone gets on the roof and their squad spawns and nobody but me goes up to clear the roof. ugh!

TheSeks

Wow. -100 for Team Kill <D 2.0>'s. WTF, DICE. It wasn't my fault he was a goddamn fool and decided to run into a building I collapsed so the enemy team (that was spawning in it) couldn't stay in there. :|

I hate playing with randoms. SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH. >:|

>>White Pass<<

Attacking wouldn't be such a meatgrinder if the attackers had some better cover. US team attacking is really OPEN from their base with little to no cover for about... 30 yards or so? And even then the cover is really hallway-ed to where the defenders can throw a grenade or just line up their aiming and mow down multiple people. It's horrible. :/

TheSeks said:
Wow. -100 for Team Kill <D 2.0>'s. WTF, DICE. It wasn't my fault he was a goddamn fool and decided to run into a building I collapsed so the enemy team (that was spawning in it) couldn't stay in there. :|

I hate playing with randoms. SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH. >:|
randoms can be hilariously frustrating. especially on Isla Inocentes. no guys, we don't need 10 snipers on attack and 2 guys arming crates. expecially when the 10 snipers can't manage to drop 1 mortar on an armed crate or shooting people who are disarming.

Attacking wouldn't be such a meatgrinder if the attackers had some better cover. US team attacking is really OPEN from their base with little to no cover for about... 30 yards or so? And even then the cover is really hallway-ed to where the defenders can throw a grenade or just line up their aiming and mow down multiple people. It's horrible. :/
the only time i get killed on the hill is when i'm RPG sniping B from the hill. otherwise, i'm running down on the far right or far left.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Things i dont understand:
8 - 10 snipers on my team.... zero motion detectors. T__T
8 - 10 assaults on my team... zero ammo boxes. T__T

Theres nothing more stupid that running out of ammo. >8(

TheSeks

Fersis said:

Motion mines on snipers isn't really practical as it reaches medium distance from where they are. While that helps a forward assault a little once you're in the base they're kinda useless. Assault/Recon is better for motion mines.

And yeah, it needs to be DRILLED INTO PEOPLES HEADS to use their kit items. I wonder if I should plug in my PSEye (that I only got for Burnout Paradise's platinum) and yell at people to throw out their kit items.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:
Motion mines on snipers isn't really practical as it reaches medium distance from where they are. While that helps a forward assault a little once you're in the base they're kinda useless. Assault/Recon is better for motion mines.

And yeah, it needs to be DRILLED INTO PEOPLES HEADS to use their kit items. I wonder if I should plug in my PSEye (that I only got for Burnout Paradise's platinum) and yell at people to throw out their kit items.
Damn , you love trophies isnt?

Marvie_3

Banned
Fersis said:

Agreed. I hate this too.

TheSeks

Fersis said:
Damn , you love trophies isnt?

It was the only thing preventing me from platinum the game. Note: This was before they started to add all those DLC trophies that I bought for those as well.

No regrets, with the exception of the Eye (no use for it, really) and Party Pack.

Fersis said:

what always gets me is when i'm in a gunfight with a nearby enemy and we kill each other or they kill me then get killed and there are no other enemies in the area, but the nearby medic on my team doesn't revive... that or i'm wounded and the nearby medic doesn't drop a health pack. or worse. they toss out out in the open. thanks guy!

TheSeks

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah, a couple friends and I made it through two of them. Those choppers are such bitches. :lol

Two of them on two of the levels will NOT respawn once taken out. So that makes the going MUCH easier. It's getting people to FREAKING TAKE DOWN THE DAMN THING INSTEAD OF THE ENEMIES that is the problem. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
TheSeks said:
Two of them on two of the levels will NOT respawn once taken out. So that makes the going MUCH easier. It's getting people to FREAKING TAKE DOWN THE DAMN THING INSTEAD OF THE ENEMIES that is the problem. :lol
Definately. It's a pain in the ass to take them down sometimes though. Once you get them, it gets a lot easier.

jayb

Fersis said:
...(

speaking of motion detectors, I've noticed that if I throw out more than one at a time I only see one circular "blip" on the hud map for the last one I throw. But the other ones are still active, right?

It seems like I should see the circular blinking for ALL motion detectors, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

jayb

jayb said:
speaking of motion detectors, I've noticed that if I throw out more than one at a time I only see one circular "blip" on the hud map for the last one I throw. But the other ones are still active, right?

It seems like I should see the circular blinking for ALL motion detectors, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

ah, nevermind. found the answer to my own question: http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Motion_Sensor

Only one of them can be used by a player at any given time, as if another is used while the first one is still active it will be replaced by the second one.

Marvie_3

Banned
jayb said:

They only last for about 15-20 seconds and you can only have one out at a time. If you throw a 2nd one, the 1st one stops working.

Edit: Nevermind. Multi-tab browsing FTL.

TheSeks

jayb said:

NO

Other blips are OTHER peoples motion mines.

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah, a couple friends and I made it through two of them. Those choppers are such bitches. :lol
i actually found a really easy way to take out the chopper on isla inocentes. land the chopper on the hill to the far right of sniper hill (it's inbounds as long as you're in the chopper) and then hop into the left turret and take out the sniper on the roof of the blue building and a few other guys on the ground to trigger the chopper. as soon as it appears, waste it with the blackhawk gun, it spawns far away and it doesn't start actually shooting until it gets closer, and you can take it down before it even tries to fire a shot.

jayb said:
ah, nevermind. found the answer to my own question: http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Motion_Sensor
oh, how i miss BC1, where you could have 3 sensors out at once, and they didn't blip, they showed exactly where someone was. okay, maybe i don't miss that last part so much.

Marvie_3

Banned
i actually found a really easy way to take out the chopper on isla inocentes. land the chopper on the hill to the far right of sniper hill (it's inbounds as long as you're in the chopper) and then hop into the left turret and take out the sniper on the roof of the blue building and a few other guys on the ground to trigger the chopper. as soon as it appears, waste it with the blackhawk gun, it spawns far away and it doesn't start actually shooting until it gets closer, and you can take it down before it even tries to fire a shot.
We passed that level, but that's a good idea.

also, i don't see how Laguna Alta would work as a Rush map.
Me either, but then I would have said the same about Laguna Presa before we got it!

that or i'm wounded and the nearby medic doesn't drop a health pack. or worse. they toss out out in the open. thanks guy!
That really gives me the shits. I'll be huddled near the concrete blocks around A at Isla Inocentes (1st set) getting sniped everytime I duck out to kill bad guys... and a 'friendly' medic will throw a healthpack off to the side where I'd be completely exposed if I went to it. Thanks a lot Einstein :lol

Conversely I find that when I do the right thing and drop ammo or health for somebody but at the nearest point of cover, they're totally oblivious to it and just continue on their merry way despite the fact they have 2% health or 3 bullets left. Sometimes the only way to get it to them is to drop the pack along their current path so that at least they run over it temporarily. Sigh.

TheSeks

You don't need to run over health packs or be super near them. Provided they have Heal Range + you don't even need to be in the building.

Really, I blame Magnum Ammo for non-proper medics and idiots thinking they have to be near the health pack to be healed.

TheSeks said:
You don't need to run over health packs or be super near them. Provided they have Heal Range + you don't even need to be in the building.

Really, I blame Magnum Ammo for non-proper medics and idiots thinking they have to be near the health pack to be healed.
I don't mind someone taking Magnum ammo with their medic class, it just means they have to drop the health pack in cover. Not hard guys!

As to thinking you have to be near the health pack to be healed, I'd rather someone stand directly over it TBH. There is absolutely zero feedback that you're being healed by a pack, so the alternative is just to guess/hope that the health pack which is 'nearby' is working on you... obviously not the preferred option.

Wthermans

Banned
TheSeks said:

I blame the lack of a proper health display. Bring back health bars DICE. So sick of this bloodsplatter and blurred vision nonsense in FPS.

Changing the subject, I'm chasing my final weapon/vehicle gold star, and not surprisingly it's the water vehicle gold star. In terms of vehicle perks to be used with the front gunner seat on a patrol boat, does anyone know which ones will actually have an effect?

Will WARHD for example makes the grenades do more damage? I'm pretty sure that the Amour perk will apply but I'd probably prefer an offensive perk as opposed to a defensive one.

Also I came across this great BFBC2 montage called Wookie Rush. It's a few months old so was probably posted in the previous BFBC2 thread but if it was I don't recall seeing it. It's by the same guy who did the (also excellent) Saboteur montage. Any other good montages out there? I also liked the two by norm360 (Demo and Dead or Alive).

Crakatak187 said:
I'm always getting matched up with high level clans that do nothing but Crate Bash. We win and all but it's very annoying.
I think they should reduce the objective damage points way back down, leave the arming and disarming points as they are, and give a massive bonus (+500 or maybe even more) to the armer if the M-COM ends up detonating after they've armed it. That way you can still crate bash in a pinch, but there's suddenly a points bonus incentive for not crate bashing but instead arming and destroying them the old fashioned way.

It's nice to be able to fall back on C4/mines, jihad vehicles, long range tank shells/Stationary AT/grenade launcher rounds/etc when things are getting desperate, but I think nearly everybody would agree that the most fun can be had for both teams when the objectives are being armed and disarmed. Have a points incentive to play that way, and without taking away the other options if people want to use them.

To me it's the benefits and risks comparison between arming and C4/Landmines. Why arm when you can strap 6 C4 and blow half the Health away? In fact you can arm and do it at the same. It's a balance and design issue. Add in the explosive specs and a single person can blow up 60-70% of the Health away.

It happened to me today, I was the one watching Alpha a guy killed me and blew up majority of the health away.

There needs to be an incentive and balance between bashing and arming. Arming it should be the easiest way and most logical while bashing should be a fallback. The way it's balance now Arming is pointless when you have a C4. Take away vehicle C4 also that shit is annoying.

endlessflood said:
I think they should reduce the objective damage points way back down, leave the arming and disarming points as they are, and give a massive bonus (+500 or maybe even more) to the armer if the M-COM ends up detonating after they've armed it. That way you can still crate bash in a pinch, but there's suddenly a points bonus incentive for not crate bashing but instead arming and destroying them the old fashioned way.

It's nice to be able to fall back on C4/mines, jihad vehicles, long range tank shells/Stationary AT/grenade launcher rounds/etc when things are getting desperate, but I think nearly everybody would agree that the most fun can be had for both teams when the objectives are being armed and disarmed. Have a points incentive to play that way, and without taking away the other options if people want to use them.

I think allowing anything but arming to destroy M-COMs to actually destroy them really brings the fun level down a notch because you just can't repair the M-COM from suicide bombers/C4 rape/Destruction 2.0 nonsense. I just hate it when the Attackers are sitting back, and just pelting the point or building OVER and OVER until it's gone. The arming/disarming aspect really needs to be brought back to the forefront. I'm not saying take out other means of destroying the point, but arming then defending should be BY FAR the most effective means to capturing an M-COM. Also, for Bad Company 3, over half of the points should be inside indestructible buildings. One for each set except the last set which should be both. That goes for EVERY map, no exceptions

On another note, does anyone find the range on Shotguns to be ABSURD? I'm getting killed with them (X360) from REALLLY far away. There was a whole squad doing it earlier, and it's just ridiculous.

I hope they make a separate mode of Rush that allows only arms and disarms. That way nobody will be alienated. They can call it after the original name "Gold Rush".

Was the shotgun using slugs?

Crakatak187 said:
Was the shotgun using slugs?

I don't even know man, my rage was obstructing my reading skills. :lol It was just really annoying to be killed so quickly by a Shotgun from distance with no way of fighting back. Never experienced it to THAT extent before.

From hearing Alan Kertz talk about it they'll never remove the long distance building/crate destruction. He always repeats that those are legitimate strategies. At least when that's happening the defending team has time to react and do something about it (if they have half a brain). I don't mind teams trying outlandish shit like landing C4'd choppers at the objective etc. as a last resort. I think the reason why crate bashing has increased tenfold since the last patch is the fact that you get more points for doing it that way than arming it.

@Crak: with my idea they might C4 the shit out of it and then arm it... but if they blow it up they don't get the "crate destroyed via arming" massive bonus points. If they wait until it's disarmed to blow it up, again they miss out on those points (as opposed to arming and trying again). Plus if they wait to see if someone tries to disarm, that's more of an opportunity for a defender to shoot them before they can set off their charges.

And obviously get rid of the mine damage, that's just retarded.

Almost every game I'm in the opposing team spams the Vehicle C4 now. Not really using it as a last resort at all. First game I joined with JM today we just got in and the ticket count was over 60 and the first thing I've seen was a chopper C4. It's really making me despise high level clans really.

I went and turn douche after so many vehicle C4 that I spawn camped the shit out of them in I wouldn't call it anger, more like playing dirty back at them. I hate being high level since I'm put with these people all the time. I miss the old games of arming and disarming, instead of a wild goose chase all the time searching for Quad C4, UAV C4, Chopper C4, and etc. JM should know I call out in panic when I hear a UAV nearby like it had a C4 on it, I'm usually 25% right on it.

I can't look left and right and up and down all the time. I believe I'm a good defender, a good squad can only do so much. I'm not going to leave the base because the attackers are sniping the M-COM from their spawn. It leaves a gap in the defense. I'll leave that to random people since they always do that especially when winning. They get cocky. Can't really trust them. The most GAF I usually get is 2-4. I think earlier JM and I faced 2 clans one of them had 6 people and the other had 2, bunch of level 50s.

olimpia84

Good games last night with renderman. At first I was put in a shitty team (again) and almost lost my nerve screaming in the mic for instructions...I just don't understand what's the point of people playing Conquest if they are not going to even attempt to capture flags =/
The most frustrating thing is pausing the game to watch the map and you all the people in your team just standing in a nowhere man's land not contributing anything (a few kills perhaps but that won't win the matches for you by itself).

Good thing renderman joined and we slowly started dominated; the first 2 matches were hard as hell and we won by very little, after that the good players in the opposing team started quitting and made things easier. :)

olimpia84

Crakatak187 said:
To me it's the benefits and risks comparison between arming and C4/Landmines. Why arm when you can strap 6 C4 and blow half the Health away? In fact you can arm and do it at the same. It's a balance and design issue. Add in the explosive specs and a single person can blow up 60-70% of the Health away.

Not only that but you get an insane amount of "MCOM damage points". It's almost like they want you to blow up the crates instead of arming them!

Almost every game I'm in the opposing team spams the Vehicle C4 now. Not really using it as a last resort at all. First game I joined with JM today we just got in and the ticket count was over 60 and the first thing I've seen was a chopper C4. It's really making me despise high level clans really.

I went and turn douche after so many vehicle C4 that I spawn camped the shit out of them in I wouldn't call it anger, more like playing dirty back at them. I hate being high level since I'm put with these people all the time. I miss the old games of arming and disarming, instead of a wild goose chase all the time searching for Quad C4, UAV C4, Chopper C4, and etc. JM should know I call out in panic when I hear a UAV nearby like it had a C4 on it, I'm usually 25% right on it.

The first month or two when I got the game, Rush was my main game mode. I can't recall anybody using C4/mines when the game was released, maybe a few did but it was not a big deal. Now it's impossible to find a game where people arm/disarm exclusively, it's ridiculous. I'm better of playing Conquest which is not broken (imo) and plus it's fun as hell.

My advice is to come to the dark side and join the gaf conquest crew :D

Cornbread78

olimpia84 said:
Not only that but you get an insane amount of "MCOM damage points". It's almost like they want you to blow up the crates instead of arming them!

My advice is to come to the dark side and join the gaf conquest crew :D

Exactly, planting C-4 and blowing it up give you about 460 as long as you called it out as an objective prior to planting. I plant the C-4, arm the MComm station walk away and hide. I'll blast it once I see a guy going to disarm and get another 50-100pts for a total or 510-560 pts. per blast... well worth it, which is what that is all anyone does now.....

Whit Pass conquest, I'm there brotha.... always a chance a random 2.0 there.

Pete Rock

Gustav for days :lol

AD34I.jpg

Attackers on Atacama Rush, first island: snuck into the top floor of B and just sat there for 10 minutes with a random squad assault guy who was brilliantly topping off my ammo and covering the stairs perfectly. Decided to go arm the crate just to get some heat off A and maybe bring more guys out of cover, and when I crept down there to double check it I saw a full squad milling around the blinking box defusing, it was like Christmas morning! After they exploded, the building caught some more damage and started to collapse, so I sprinted out the back and up to the next block, snagging a double-double kill with a nade and a gustav on possibly the same squad defusing A, oh man I was delirious!

I have 3 hours on the Gustav with half as many shots fired yet 250+ kills, and 8 hours on the AT4 with around 200 kills. It's not even fair, I'm really excited to guide an AT4 round perfectly into a Blackhawk but you rarely get any kills for it. Trace the fuckers or just blindfire with a Gustav and you get a double kill without fail as well as the vehicle destruction. I was pretty happy with my 60% hit rate on the AT4 after 3000 shots fired but I think I'm hanging it up, at least until I platinum this cheeseball :D

Not quite as good as Apache or C4 beatdown but I'll take it, problem is it only works that well for me on urban map sections, always get overwhelmed in an isolated area of terrain cover versus entrenched positions.

80 flag captures in conquest and 90 trip mine kills later and I'll have all my patches, looks like I need to play some Panama Canal. Finally snagged the damn car kill pin after asking for advice here, definitely thought Seks had the right idea on Arica but people just aren't so newbish anymore and rarely do I see a team who gets flat out ran over (enough to drive a car around their spawn willy nilly) last long enough at the first set of crates to provide my that precious windshield splatter time.

So I kept the patch in mind and right after we took the second set in town I pulled up the Humvee on the hill past the side of the houses, before the railroad tracks, to the left of the construction buildings. My plan was to get some cheap kills on the people who spawn and mill around behind the sandbags by the heavy mg turret on the bridge, but imagine my surprise to see 5 defenders prepping to spawn camp us, rushing up between the construction buildings and the green trailer. I'm pretty sure I literally squeed as I opened up with the turret, snagging all 5 before they could hit cover, watching the points roll in and seeing the last insignia pop :D

TheSeks

endlessflood said:
I don't mind someone taking Magnum ammo with their medic class, it just means they have to drop the health pack in cover. Not hard guys!

I do. It means 90% of the time, me A PROPER FUCKING MEDIC (Range/Rate++) am gunned down by another medic because "DERP I NEED ONE LESS BULLET TO KILL YOU LOLOLOLOL" >:|

As to thinking you have to be near the health pack to be healed, I'd rather someone stand directly over it TBH. There is absolutely zero feedback that you're being healed by a pack, so the alternative is just to guess/hope that the health pack which is 'nearby' is working on you... obviously not the preferred option.

Normal rate is really short: Think about the range as Arica Harbor Attacking starting point for Rush.

You know the two tanks in the back? Throw a pack in the middle of them, you'll get a normal rate of about... mid-point between the two tanks "box"es.

Range + gives you a range of about the tanks together.

It's short, but it's not super short that you have to be standing on the pack. You can heal people through walls and ABOVE OR BELOW YOU. But people rush around instead of sitting for a medic (like me) that is going through gunfire to heal their asses because "DERP I'M RED, I WANT MORE KILL POINTS BEFORE I DIE." >:|

this thread said:
>>C4 bashing<<

Really, giving points increase for crate damage was a stupid fucking decision by DICE. I would be glad if they took the point increase out. (and take out the stupid -100 for TKing in <D 2.0>'s, not my goddamn fault they were in that building/rushing into the building DESPITE THE CONTROLLER SHAKING)

Fersis

zh1nt0 said:
Are new maps coming for BFBC2 in the future?

Vietnam will bring more maps to BC2. Map Pack 6 is due for release next week. There will be more information on the maps coming for Vietnam the closer we get to a release date.

From the latest blog update.

Fersis

dark_inferno said:
We dont even know the exact release date >.<
At least we know that the last VIP Map Pack will be released next week.

Fersis

olimpia84 said:
I bet the new Map Pack will have Squad Rush and Deathmatch levels =/
Yup.

Crossing fingers for Canal de Panama Squad DeathMatch !!

TheSeks

Fersis said:
Yup.

Crossing fingers for Canal de Panama Squad DeathMatch !!

Who besides you cares about Squad Rush/Deathmatch?

GIVE ME PANAMA CANAL RUSH, YOU ASSHOLES! (Yes, I know it isn't built for that mode, I don't care)

Also no new maps for BC2 except "DERP VIETNAM" is a horrible HORRIBLE decision on DICE's part, but I guess they're trying to push a PC "expansion"-like scheme on consoles, which doesn't generally turn out well for the multiplayer populations.

Also had about 3-5 rounds with Faceless and I_Shoot_to_Kill: All the rounds went "CRATE HARM! CRATE HARM! CRATE HARM!"

So stupid. I dunno why Faceless continues to go into Rush since that's pretty much ALL the teams do.

Went to Conquest, had a much more fun time as I didn't have to worry about "ZOMG C4/AT NEAR AN OBJECTIVE"

TheSeks

Mr Sandman said:

Then you and Fersis are the only two people in "the room of people who care about new maps for modes that 95% of the player base doesn't give two shits about." :lol :p

Top Bottom