• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wthermans said:
So much for Patrick Bach's "we don't want to charge for new maps" statement.

I am Jack's disappointment.
Wellllll they technically could be charging for the new weapons and vehicles and not the maps.
But yeah it really sucks.
Will buy because im a BFBC2 junkie

Wthermans said:

Yeah, they lost a lot of faith with me in saying that. I will always second guess what they say from now on.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Wthermans said:

I'm not surprised in the slightest. And they look even dumber for acting all high and mighty. No one would be bitching if they had never made that statement, but they made it so it's actually warranted.

TheSeks said:
Who besides you cares about Squad Rush/Deathmatch?

GIVE ME PANAMA CANAL RUSH, YOU ASSHOLES! (Yes, I know it isn't built for that mode, I don't care)

Also no new maps for BC2 except "DERP VIETNAM" is a horrible HORRIBLE decision on DICE's part, but I guess they're trying to push a PC "expansion"-like scheme on consoles, which doesn't generally turn out well for the multiplayer populations.

Also had about 3-5 rounds with Faceless and I_Shoot_to_Kill: All the rounds went "CRATE HARM! CRATE HARM! CRATE HARM!"

So stupid. I dunno why Faceless continues to go into Rush since that's pretty much ALL the teams do.

Went to Conquest, had a much more fun time as I didn't have to worry about "ZOMG C4/AT NEAR AN OBJECTIVE"
i have fun attacking and defending crates. at least people are trying to do that nowadays in rush. conquest is still filled with people who should be playing squad deathmatch.

TheSeks said:
Then you and Fersis are the only two people in "the room of people who care about new maps for modes that 95% of the player base doesn't give two shits about." :lol :p
dskillzhtown cares too!!!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
conquest is still filled with people who should be playing squad deathmatch.

Yes, but at least I don't have to worry about cheesing tactics unlike in Rush. At least if my team sucks in Conquest I know it's because we didn't abuse C4/AT mines on crates.

TheSeks said:
Yes, but at least I don't have to worry about cheesing tactics unlike in Rush. At least if my team sucks in Conquest I know it's because we didn't abuse C4/AT mines on crates.
i have fun with both, but i like Rush more, and i only really consider aerial C4 attacks to be cheesy...

Have you faced a clan that did nothing but those Faceless. It's the lamest match I've ever played. There were about 6-8 clan people in the opposing team doing it also.

I like defending but the way games are going now I rather attack. It's a godsend if I get into level 30 games.

cresto

i want some damn info on bf vietnam damn it! i remember when it first came out it was a bug riddled mess, but it was damn fun with the choppers and music lol.

Crakatak187 said:
Have you faced a clan that did nothing but those Faceless. It's the lamest match I've ever played. There were about 6-8 clan people in the opposing team doing it also.

I like defending but the way games are going now I rather attack. It's a godsend if I get into level 30 games.
yes, many times, and my team even won defending some of them too.

TheSeks

i have fun with both, but i like Rush more, and i only really consider aerial C4 attacks to be cheesy...

I like both. But when it's "cheese the crates 24/7" like those games we played, I have to sigh, shake my head, and go back to Conquest.

It's not fun for me to have to cheese crates to win. And have to defend against C4 rush tactics because they'll suddenly respawn tickets from 12 C4.

We had them on the ropes a few times in Laguna Presa, but NOPE C4 TO MOVE TO THE NEXT ROUND. LOLZ.

i have fun attacking and defending crates. at least people are trying to do that nowadays in rush. conquest is still filled with people who should be playing squad deathmatch.
Some games of Rush suck, generally when the teams are unbalanced (but sometimes when one team decides to cheese right from the get go no matter what). But when the teams are reasonably balanced there can be some epic, epic games.

I was in a game at Port Valdez last night where we were defending the final B (A was already gone) and goddam if it wasn't some of the most fun I've ever had while gaming, there were people and bullets everywhere in that building as the enemy tried a final surge to take it. Every now and then there'd be a brief moment of respite to heal up and reload before the next wave came and total chaos returned. Sublime :D

Rush is all types of lame, sure the concept is a cool idea but it fails on so many levels it isn't fun.

First of all, stand a mile away and barrage the building so it falls on the MCOM...wow, fun *yawn*
Guy runs into MCOM throws a crap ton of Mines...*wat do?!*...*yawn*
So wait you can cause damage to the MCOM by attacking it 9999999 ways but we can't repair it?!! *yawn*
Top it off the maps are straight shots directly into each other, there just linear repetitive battles. Attackers come from this way, defenders sit here...*yawnfest*

No_Style

I'm curious. How many people here are getting Vietnam?

I don't do expansions/DLC/anything-that-splits-the-community-content for MP games, so not I.

Also: Congrats to Olimpia for LVL 50. It's about time since you've put in so much time into this game. :lol

Pkm said:
Rush is all types of lame, sure the concept is a cool idea but it fails on so many levels it isn't fun.

First of all, stand a mile away and barrage the building so it falls on the MCOM...wow, fun *yawn*
Guy runs into MCOM throws a crap ton of Mines...*wat do?!*...*yawn*
So wait you can cause damage to the MCOM by attacking it 9999999 ways but we can't repair it?!! *yawn*
Top it off the maps are straight shots directly into each other, there just linear repetitive battles. Attackers come from this way, defenders sit here...*yawnfest*

All of that is very true, but i still can't really get into Conquest because a lot of the maps just feel TOO BIG for only 24 players. You can go a long time without hearing a gunshot, or finding someone in Conquest, and I just don't like that down time. White Pass is a great Conquest map, but most of the others are crap IMO.

If the Rush maps were wider, and the damage to M-COMs toned down, or at least repairable, Rush would be perfect.

Wthermans

Banned
No_Style said:

I don't do expansions/DLC/anything-that-splits-the-community-content for MP games, so not I.

Also: Congrats to Olimpia for LVL 50. It's about time since you've put in so much time into this game. :lol
It really depends on when it comes out and what it includes. If it's just 4 maps and a few extra map specific vehicles and a couple extra weapon unlocks, then I'll probably pass unless it $10-$15. The longer it takes for them to release it, the less likely I am to buy it. My backlog is already way to large and I'm seriously considering abstaining from all MP games in order to clear it out. Once Fall 2010/Winter-Spring 2011 hits, the influx of games is going to dwarf my desire to play anything from this year. Especially since BF3 Beta will be starting by Fall 2011.

Wthermans

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
All of that is very true, but i still can't really get into Conquest because a lot of the maps just feel TOO BIG for only 24 players. You can go a long time without hearing a gunshot, or finding someone in Conquest, and I just don't like that down time. White Pass is a great Conquest map, but most of the others are crap IMO.

If the Rush maps were wider, and the damage to M-COMs toned down, or at least repairable, Rush would be perfect.
Panama Canal >*.Conquest Maps

Tons of ways to attack (on foot anyways). Perfect mix of ground vehicles and infantry and enough points that you can sneak around and backcap BF2 style. The only thing missing is air-combat, but I'm starting to believe that BC2 is not a game that is meant for air-combat as the maps are far too small for proper dogfighting.

I don't buy the "maps are too big" argument for BC2. Anyone with half a brain can figure out where the "frontline" is on Conquest and it doesn't take a genius to figure out where average pubbers will make their attack.

I hate sneaking towards the second checkpoint on Arica harbor since the border is small towards the left. I hate that annoying "hey don't go over there". A little bit wider would be nice.

Good points there PKM. I agree with majority of what you posted.

TheSeks

Net_Wrecker said:

Maybe that's PC, but on console (PS3, anyway) I've never had issues not finding players on the maps.

They're a bit big, sure. But most of the Conquest maps that are huge are meant for vehicle battle/anti-vehicle battles. The more infantry focused ones (like Arica) are smaller and reasonable.

No_Style said:

If it has a single-player and depending on how it does the expansion stuff, I will. But then again what else is out there this fall? Black Ops? No thanks. I was burned by MW2 and want nothing to do with CoD anymore. MoH? Looks and plays horrible from the beta so that's a burn and I have no hope of it improving in these last two months before it releases.

Fallout: New Vegas? Obsidian = rushed and no last half + bugs from Beths shitty engine + VATS easy-modo headshots.

So yeah, BF: V will be my FPS fix. LBP2 Collectors Edition and that's probably it for me (with maybe GT5)

olimpia84

**DRUMROLL**

ps3_olimpia84.png

Finally got to rank 50 tonight :D
I got the damn game on launch day and been playing it ever since, I think this might be my most played game of all time along with REmake and Super Mario World!

Things I'm particularly proud of myself:
349 Ace Pins
12 platinum stars (soon to be 14, almost there with the M416 and the G3)
1000+ Conquest winner pins
Very high team score
No chopper cheesing at all (I think I only have 2x Gold Star for air vehicles)
:D :D

The thing is I'm not tired of the game yet so expect to see me online playing this, obviously not as much as I used to but I'll be there. I guess it's a good thing since I'll be able to play some other games in my backlog (Super Mario Galaxy 2 here I come!)
I think I still need to get 2 or 3 insignias to complete everything.

No_Style said:

I'll be getting it! And thanks! :D

I still got 5 long levels to go. I kind of want to downgrade to level 30. Played with a whole bunch of level 30s today and it was exhilarating. When I play with high level it's nothing but cheesing left to right and at the start of the match.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
I still got 5 long levels to go. I kind of want to downgrade to level 30. Played with a whole bunch of level 30s today and it was exhilarating. When I play with high level it's nothing but cheesing left to right and at the start of the match.

Play Conquest. (in before "NO U")

I don't know how you guys are able to level up easy. It takes me forever. *sigh* I could sit there all day like some you and only be a quarter of the way through.

I blame randoms and people shooting me. :lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
TheSeks said:
Maybe that's PC, but on console (PS3, anyway) I've never had issues not finding players on the maps.
Lol that makes no sense as we have more people on PC servers so it's easier to find/run into people.

TheSeks

Stallion Free said:
Lol that makes no sense as we have more people on PC servers so it's easier to find/run into people.

Maybe he's in the wrong places at the wrong time, as I've never had issues with no players on Conquest maps.

I'm twice as paranoid in conquest

That's just your self-preservation skills. Ignore them and just go after kills while capping flags.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
Well in his defense there is a lot of predictable fools on consoles. Want to find people on the map? Look at Sniper hot spots :lol

I actually was surprised by Snipers on the rock above US/First set base on Arica Conquest today. Don't know how they got up there with the out-of-bounds stuff, but there they were. Switch to Sniper, throw a mortar up there and have them scatter/die in the process. Was new to me. :lol

My paranoia is a double edged sword. On attack I go the long safer route to ensure a more successful attack, which is a bad thing but I'm not bleeding the ticket cost for the team. On defense I can predict enemy cheesing when the enemy is attacking in low numbers.

My ex-counter strike nature I guess.

olimpia84 said:
**DRUMROLL**

ps3_olimpia84.png

Congratulations mate! I have one question for you: how the hell did you get a platinum for the M249? I would rather chew crushed glass than try and get 1000 kills with that thing! Getting just the gold star for it was probably the most excruciating thing I've had to do in BFBC2 :D

What sort of setup do you use with it?

No_Style said:

I'll get it. I'm at 100% achievements right now even with Onslaught so I'll have to pick it up to keep my score.

I've just started playing this again after a few months off and my God I had some of the most frustrating games ever. Any chance I can join up with the GAFfers on 360.

olimpia84 said:
**DRUMROLL**

congrats!

i got 8 to go...

TheSeks said:
I actually was surprised by Snipers on the rock above US/First set base on Arica Conquest today. Don't know how they got up there with the out-of-bounds stuff, but there they were. Switch to Sniper, throw a mortar up there and have them scatter/die in the process. Was new to me. :lol
the inbounds area is wider in Conquest since the patch that changed the map a bit (added the quads, changed some rock formations to make it easier to get up) so you can go up quite a bit on there.

olimpia84

endlessflood said:
Congratulations mate! I have one question for you: how the hell did you get a platinum for the M249? I would rather chew crushed glass than try and get 1000 kills with that thing! Getting just the gold star for it was probably the most excruciating thing I've had to do in BFBC2 :D

What sort of setup do you use with it?

It was definitely one of my most 'boring' platinum stars but I decided to stick with it because I hated the Type88 and had a plat star in pretty much every other medic weapon.
Setup was really basic: magnum ammo and that's it, I used its own iron sight which wasn't too bad (something that's nearly impossible with the MG3, red dot all the way with that weapon).

Cornbread78

I enjoy playing Rush, although the C-4 phenomena has become quite old and annoying, but you just have to suck it up and deal with it. Sometime the innovation in C-4 explosions can be quite funny.....

Conquest is fun, but like Olympia said earlier, there is always a bunch of smurfs on your team sitting on some hillside camping and not helping with capture the flags. It's super fucking annoying. The best camper, I've seen so far was a Medic sniping with an M60 and a Assault guy feedign himself and his teamate ammo, so he could just fire off NOOB Tubes the whole match... Seriousy... go play deathmatches....

Deathmatches, are well Deathmatches... if they changed the maps just a little bit in the deathmatches to allow some kind of base defense/offense, it could be really really fun in this game.

TheSeks

Stupid recoil on the M14 is going to be the death of me.

Also WTF at VATS tearing into buildings and getting a Objective Harm -100. FFFFFF.

Cornbread78

up to 47 D2.0's! that's 21 more than i had when i started playing again less than a month ago!

Damn faceless, how are you getting all of them? I'm STILL at 10! it's next to impossible....I've demoted myself to White Pass Conquest to try to get them from now on, but everyone else is just doing the same friggen thing there, and it a nightmare...

TheSeks

Cornbread78 said:
Damn faceless, how are you getting all of them? I'm STILL at 10! it's next to impossible....I've demoted myself to White Pass Conquest to try to get them from now on, but everyone else is just doing the same friggen thing there, and it a nightmare...

Rockets. Tanks. C4. Any of the above + buildings where people are holed up = easy <D 2.0>'s.

Edit: AKS-74U Platinum Star unlocked. Time to go back to the basics and work on the 9A-91 (basic SMG you start with), seems to be a pure monster when in the right area and situations.

TheSeks said:
Rockets. Tanks. C4. Any of the above + buildings where people are holed up = easy <D 2.0>'s.
indeed. i saw that double D2.0 (and TK lol) you got earlier today on Nelson Bay. poor endlessflood got crushed, that's what happens when you roll on the other side!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I don't think I'm going to play this game again unless they change Rush.

At no point should both MCOMs be in collapsible buildings. I don't think you should be able to <Dest 2.0> them at all, but certainly not two at any single base.

You should only be able to destroy MCOMs by planting charges. Everything else is cheese and I'm sick of it.

I could probably deal with them significantly nerfing all damage to MCOMs and allowing engineers to repair.

Other than that man the mode is fucking broken afaic.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

dskillzhtown cares too!!!

HELLZ YES!!!

I love Squad Deathmatch. It's quick fun where I don't get frustrated by idiot teammates not caring about objectives. I do play Conquest as well, but Squad DM is my favorite mode.

TheSeks

indeed. i saw that double D2.0 (and TK lol) you got earlier today on Nelson Bay. poor endlessflood got crushed, that's what happens when you roll on the other side!

I mean it's pretty much a "no, duh" thing, but it really is just hammering buildings and hoping people are in there.

I didn't even notice the double kill, just the TK. :lol

@ dskillzhtown: keep your Squad Deathmatch out of my Bad Company 2. ;)

recklessmind said:
I don't think I'm going to play this game again unless they change Rush.

Conquest. Go there. Now.

TheSeks said:
I mean it's pretty much a "no, duh" thing, but it really is just hammering buildings and hoping people are in there.

I didn't even notice the double kill, just the TK. :lol

@ dskillzhtown: keep your Squad Deathmatch out of my Bad Company 2. ;)

Conquest. Go there. Now.
i noticed because i was trying to do the same thing. then i saw you got it, so i shot you with a 40MM.

olimpia84

TheSeks said:

Edit: AKS-74U Platinum Star unlocked. Time to go back to the basics and work on the 9A-91 (basic SMG you start with), seems to be a pure monster when in the right area and situations.

That's the weapon I'll be going after I get a plat star on the SCAR-L Carabinet (beast of a weapon btw, I'll be sad when I'm done with it).

No_Style

I'm still playing this game pretty aimlessly. I don't have a particular goal of getting insignias or anything like that.

Well that's a lie. I have one goal. To be at the top of the team in every game with a decent K/D ratio. Winning is almost a given since I usually play with GAF exclusively. :D

It's been forever since I played as a medic...

Top Bottom