• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

Sometimes I play alone because nobody is playing but when somebody joins me it's much more fun. I'll count the regulars who plays BFBC2 PS3 a lot.

Me
Faceless probably haven't played with him yet.
Theseks
Olimpia
danthaman
UFRA aka JM761 hops on 1-3 times a week.
Wes I'm not sure if he's a gaffer but he plays with us gaffers.
renderman
dreamgazer
Not sure about no_style since I don't have him on my Buddy list but I'm pretty sure he plays with Olimpia's conquest crew.

The people who went AWOL
Azrim is playing MW2 a lot now.
Strike
recklessmind until they fix rush as he stated earlier.
todahawk
TKawesome
Jtrizzy

People who hops on from time to time
so far Razor.

I know I miss the other people.

olimpia84

Good games tonight. Along with Seks and NoStyle we dominated to the point it was base rape after base rape, level after level...complete domination. And it's not like the other team was too bad either, we just were very quick in capturing the flags and advancing our positions.
The gaf crew is just too damn good sometimes :lol

I also got the G3 platin star tonight! imo a very hard weapon to handle. My next targets are the SCAR-L and the M416 plat stars

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Salacious Crumb said:
PC sadly, I know most of you guys play on console and have a blast :( I just bought a PS3, maybe it's time to double dip? I might get that faux goty edition thing when it comes out.
I'm starting up again next week. Steam is doomed1 and my in game EA name is mulletalchemist. I'll be playing on NYC servers. I'll be getting back into the game too :D

Salacious Crumb said:
PC sadly, I know most of you guys play on console and have a blast :( I just bought a PS3, maybe it's time to double dip? I might get that faux goty edition thing when it comes out.
If you do I'm in a social (it's kind of similar to the guys wearing GAF tags really) Aussie PS3 clan that's pretty heavily into BFBC2. Pretty much every night we have full squads playing so you'll never be on your lonesome again :D

olimpia84

The Faceless Master said:
:lol :lol :lol

just got sniped off a quad, and my passenger did too... guy double killed us off a quad :(

My most memorable sniper rifle kill was on a guy riding an ATV as well. It was on Arica Rush, first set, I was at the top of the building with the A MCOM and sniped this dude coming with the quad from his base using 12x scope as he hit a small bump. All I did was aim very high and a bit to the right and thought there was no way in hell I was gonna get him but I did!

Az

Crakatak187 said:
Sometimes I play alone because nobody is playing but when somebody joins me it's much more fun. I'll count the regulars who plays BFBC2 PS3 a lot.

Me
Theseks
Olimpia
danthaman
renderman
dreamgazer
Not sure about no_style since I don't have him on my Buddy list but I'm pretty sure he plays with Olimpia's conquest crew.

The people who went AWOL
Strike
todahawk
TKawesome
Jtrizzy

so far Razor.

Yeah sorry I barely play anymore. With all the bullshit cheap tactics now and recently the hit detection I just cant stand it anymore. I am really bored with gaming currently that it got to a point where Im playing MW2. Can't wait for Gran Turismo 5 omg.

And yea Wes is not a GAFFER. I met him online after I got the game at midnight. We hit it off great on the squad and been playing together since release.

is it worth jumping back into this game now that it's $40?

Plus $20 off another game at kmart? last day is today.

Finished single player and liked, but didn't love multiplayer..

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If you didn't like the multiplayer, WHY would you buy the game again? The multiplayer is pretty much the focus of the game.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Crakatak187 said:

Me
Theseks
Olimpia
danthaman
renderman
dreamgazer

The people who went AWOL
Strike
todahawk
TKawesome
Jtrizzy

so far Razor.

Dood, i play every night. T_T
In fact im gonna be online in 5'.

I felt like every match in this game was so lopsided, either complete failure or total domination of the other team. No back and forth or competition. It's probably just as bad or worse now that people have more experience.

TheSeks

SonOfABeep said:
I felt like every match in this game was so lopsided, either complete failure or total domination of the other team. No back and forth or competition. It's probably just as bad or worse now that people have more experience.

Again: WHY would you buy the game again when it's MULTIPLAYER focused and you DID NOT like the multiplayer?

We can't change your mind. If you didn't like it the first time, you probably would not like it the second time either.

Yopis said:
Looks like everybody is on PS3 now guess I will have to double dip to get in some games with Gaf.

*DirtyPC/360gamingPeasants,GloriousPS3MasterRace.jpg*

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm back on this later today... classes start soon. I want to get fed up and sick of it again before then. :lol

SonOfABeep said:
it really depends, games can feel very close or be total blowouts depending on the tactics and teams. did you like the mechanics, maps and overall gameplay, but just not like blowouts?

Yopis said:
I was rolling on the 360 before.
whenever i check the 360 friends of friends list, nobody's playing :(

Tried jumping back into this after an absence. Absolutely horrible gameplay on Rush now. I don't think the M-COM has been destroyed more than 5 times by arming out of the 30 or so games I have played. Every time it is just a constant barrage of rockets, mortars, 40mm and/or AT mines. I don't think it is even reasonable to expect the Defenders to win anymore.

And what the hell at White Pass?! What idiot thought it was a fun idea to make the last two M-COM stations in fully destructable buildings? I can somwhat understand when you can destroy the surrounding walls, but when you can bring the whole building down and thus destroy the objectives on the last push then I really fail to see how this is balanced.

Lag, sniper medics, horrible hit detection and very poor map design mean that this visit was short. With this and the MoH beta I really don't see where the Dice love comes from. At this point they should have burnt through any Battlefield 2 credit they had built up.

:lol :lol :lol

just got sniped off a quad, and my passenger did too... guy double killed us off a quad :(

I did that once, felt sooooo good.

After a few minutes got killed by one of them and he teabag me. :lol :lol

abuC

I still play a lot on PSN, just add me.

I usually play with a squad of u_r_suck, BDmonk, Pinched Face, Sixships, Dynamess22 and Operative001. If you find yourself playing against those names on one team just exit the game and save yourself the frustration :lol

hellclerk

the_prime_mover said:
Tried jumping back into this after an absence. Absolutely horrible gameplay on Rush now. I don't think the M-COM has been destroyed more than 5 times by arming out of the 30 or so games I have played. Every time it is just a constant barrage of rockets, mortars, 40mm and/or AT mines. I don't think it is even reasonable to expect the Defenders to win anymore.

And what the hell at White Pass?! What idiot thought it was a fun idea to make the last two M-COM stations in fully destructable buildings? I can somwhat understand when you can destroy the surrounding walls, but when you can bring the whole building down and thus destroy the objectives on the last push then I really fail to see how this is balanced.

Lag, sniper medics, horrible hit detection and very poor map design mean that this visit was short. With this and the MoH beta I really don't see where the Dice love comes from. At this point they should have burnt through any Battlefield 2 credit they had built up.
It comes from 1943 and the fact that it was mostly alright before. It was pretty rare to have just a flat out explosive attack on the M-com before and it was mostly just attacking it, and really, they'd be able to fix alot of the problem if they only allowed Engineers to repair the things...

TheSeks

the_prime_mover said:

Conquest. Go there. Now.

All this "BAWWWW THE GAME IS RUINED! I CAN'T PLAY IT ANYMORE." Play Conquest. You don't have to put up with half the bullshit that is being pulled in Rush.

"B-B-B-BUT SPAWN CAMPI--"

No. I just had a bunch of level 50's sneak past us and cap our flags on our side and put up a valiant fight. Spawn camping wouldn't happen if people would split up and cap at LEAST two flags at the start. Why does some of GAF think I run off when they and their mothers (AKA: The rest of the team) go for Flag A/D, C on Conquest start? Because everyone else is going that way. Capping the second flag/B, C, D, whatever helps seal our defense.

if they only allowed Engineers to repair the things...

And drop points from 50 for Objective Harm back to 15-25. You'd get less points, people would stop abusing it.

And drop AT mines harming the crates. You can't fix that shit and it's unfair because if you stop the attackers it doesn't disappear unlike C4.

Razor210

Crakatak187 said:
so far Razor.
Damn, now I feel like a douche.

I actually missed playing a game I can do well at consistently :lol

Also, Sekoku is a crappy pilot. You went to C4 bash with the blackhawk AND YOU STILL MISSED. We suicided :lol

TheSeks

Razor210 said:
Also, Seks is a crappy pilot. You went to C4 bash with the blackhawk AND YOU STILL MISSED. We suicided :lol

Uh, no I didn't.

You just didn't see the "OBJECTIVE HARM! +50 OBJECTIVE HARM! +50" because you were already dead. Explosive Upgrade = I don't even have to be right on the M-COM to get harms.

Razor210

TheSeks said:
Uh, no I didn't.

You just didn't see the "OBJECTIVE HARM! +50 OBJECTIVE HARM! +50" because you were already dead. Explosive Upgrade = I don't even have to be right on the M-COM to get harms.
Unlike me, who circles above and drops guys off at objectives, allowing us to win in a way that does not make the other team start UAV C4 bashing.

Seriously, half the time we were like "wtf is Sekoku doing" :lol

TheSeks

Razor210 said:
Unlike me, who circles above and drops guys off at objectives, allowing us to win in a way that does not make the other team start UAV C4 bashing.

Seriously, half the time we were like "wtf is Seks doing" :lol

*shrug* They were sniping fools. I felt like getting the rounds over with so we could get to the next map to where they drag it out and we win in 10 mins.

Edit: And I can pilot a helicopter, but I choose not to do that anymore. It's boring circling around having people gun/drop out to take objectives. Plus, the damage increase/ways to take a helicopter out in five minutes = "fuck that shit. If no one is taking it, I'll take it and C4 it."

Anytime I take a helicopter and it isn't rigged with C4, I'm carrying people. If it's rigged with C4, GTFO because it's going to hell. :lol

Razor210

TheSeks said:
*shrug* They were sniping fools. I felt like getting the rounds over with so we could get to the next map to where they drag it out and we win in 10 mins.
I think the best part was when either you or dan got a tank and the round would essentially be over on defense. Learn to die with your tanks nubs
Edit: And I can pilot a helicopter, but I choose not to do that anymore. It's boring circling around having people gun/drop out to take objectives. Plus, the damage increase/ways to take a helicopter out in five minutes = "fuck that shit. If no one is taking it, I'll take it and C4 it."

Anytime I take a helicopter and it isn't rigged with C4, I'm carrying people. If it's rigged with C4, GTFO because it's going to hell. :lol
It just kinda ruins the experience to be all "ok, there's a blackhawk -ok it's going right towards bravo *heli crashlands, enemies detonate C4, half the MCOMM health is gone*

Except the great part is that generally, people can't fly anyways :lol

TheSeks

Razor210 said:
I think the best part was when either you or dan got a tank and the round would essentially be over on defense. Learn to die with your tanks nubs

What's hilarious to me from those games last night is that one of the tanks was like 0-1% health, I didn't see it smoking.

"Repair drill, activate!"
(HP: 0-1%)
"Okay, dumbasses. So long as the team doesn't hit it."
(drilldrilldrill)
"CLEARING SERVERS TIEM."
(Clear out servers. Three times.)

Basically if I'm in a tank/bradley you better be holding onto your asses because I'm going to rock them.

It just kinda ruins the experience to be all "ok, there's a blackhawk -ok it's going right towards bravo *heli crashlands, enemies detonate C4, half the MCOMM health is gone*

Getting pissy with me because I do suicide runs isn't my problem. It's yours. :lol

Besides, none of the Blackhawks were staying up for long/team was using them pretty badly. So I'm like: "Fuck it, I'll put them to better use doing runs with C4."

hellclerk

TheSeks said:
And drop points from 50 for Objective Harm back to 15-25. You'd get less points, people would stop abusing it.

And drop AT mines harming the crates. You can't fix that shit and it's unfair because if you stop the attackers it doesn't disappear unlike C4.
Is it really just point spam? I thought it was just because it was a more economical way of blowing up the mcom stations, kinda like the C4 UAV. Sure, you get objective damage points, but it's not like taking out the mcom isn't important.

I agree with the AT mines as well, but instead of making them useless against the objectives, just make them terrifically weak against them. This makes it so that the opposing team isn't too worried about detonating them and causing a bunch of damage while still justifying the attack on the station or something.

TheSeks

doomed1 said:
Is it really just point spam?

"TEAM ATTACK M-COM A!"
(Red X on A)
C4 C4 x 6
AT AT x 6

OBJECTIVE HARM! +50
SQUAD ATTACK BONUS! +10
OBJECTIVE HARM! +50
SQUAD ATTACK BONUS! +10
OBJECTIVE HARM! +50
SQUAD ATTACK BONUS! +10
OBJECTIVE HARM! +50
SQUAD ATTACK BONUS! +10
OBJECTIVE HARM! +50
SQUAD ATTACK BONUS! +10
OBJECTIVE HARM! +50
SQUAD ATTACK BONUS! +10
OBJECTIVE HARM! +50
SQUAD ATTACK BONUS! +10
OBJECTIVE HARM! +50
SQUAD ATTACK BONUS! +10
OBJECTIVE HARM! +50
SQUAD ATTACK BONUS! +10
OBJECTIVE HARM! +50
SQUAD ATTACK BONUS! +10
OBJECTIVE HARM! +50
SQUAD ATTACK BONUS! +10
OBJECTIVE HARM! +50
SQUAD ATTACK BONUS! +10
OBJECTIVE HARM! +50
SQUAD ATTACK BONUS! +10
OBJECTIVE HARM! +50
SQUAD ATTACK BONUS! +10
OBJECTIVE DESTROYED +250
SQUAD ATTACK BONUS! + 25 (IIRC)

That's around 995 points in just attacking an M-COM and having the squad bonus (I'm forgetting if Squad Bonus counts toward objective destroyed or not)

As opposed to:

"M-COM STATION A HAS BEEN ARMED!"
(BEEP BEEP BEEP... BEEP BEEP BEEP... BEEP BOOM!)
"M-COM STATION A HAS BEEN DESTROYED!"
Objective Destroyed +250
Squad Attack Bonus + 25

995 vs 275. Hmm... gee, it's hard to really say it's not the points for people talking over trying to play fair.

Edit: And adding arm/disarms would be about ~+50 in points. But frankly, you get a lot more points and relative safety destroying the M-COMs over arming them. Because while you may get (theoretical) more points for arm/disarm cat and mouses (if arm/disarm per 75 tickets), you get more for harms.

I agree with the AT mines as well, but instead of making them useless against the objectives, just make them terrifically weak against them. This makes it so that the opposing team isn't too worried about detonating them and causing a bunch of damage while still justifying the attack on the station or something.

No. Make them do NO damage like they don't in Bad Company 1. Faceless (well, Faceless doesn't do it last I checked anymore since BC1 stopped that on him) may cry, but it'd solve one of the issues with AT mines.

C4 on UAV being the next asshole tactic. But I've been down this road five times already.

all they have to do is make C4 on ground vehicles to 1/2 damage to crates, C4 on aerial vehicles do 1/4 damage and make the engineer's drill defuse AT Mines.

Seks, the problem in BC1 was the Demo had 5 AT Mines *AND* 5 RPG's, so 1 guy could literally take out 1.5 crates without getting resupplied.

oh, and damage or destroy, the squad attack bonus is always +10, you get +250 and +10. as for arming, arm, dash, detonate, +50!

i'm addicted to the Pro Tube!

ps3_faceless360.png

olimpia84

For the second day in a row we camp-dominated again on every single Conquest level, even against some level 50 dudes. GAF power!

olimpia84 said:
For the second day in a row we camp-dominated again on every single Conquest level, even against some level 50 dudes. GAF power!
i couldn't stop laughing after that one moment on Panama Canal when we had 2 tanks sitting in the Russian spawn and we just waited... and then someone got into the Bakhcha and a SALVO of shells and rockets flew at it!

Marvie_3

Banned
olimpia84 said:
In one game earlier today, the other team kept spawn camping the shit out of my team. So I managed to get to their spawn and kept loading their tanks up with C4. I'd let them get a little ways outside of their spawn before I blew the fuckers up. Racked up about a dozen+ kills before someone finally figured me out. :lol

Fersis said:
Dood, i play every night. T_T
In fact im gonna be online in 5'.
I couldn't get all the names sorry man. I did say I'll miss some people.

abuC said:
I still play a lot on PSN, just add me.

I usually play with a squad of u_r_suck, BDmonk, Pinched Face, Sixships, Dynamess22 and Operative001. If you find yourself playing against those names on one team just exit the game and save yourself the frustration :lol
I remember winning a game against him but he got my dogtag.

TheAzRim said:
Yeah sorry I barely play anymore. With all the bullshit cheap tactics now and recently the hit detection I just cant stand it anymore. I am really bored with gaming currently that it got to a point where Im playing MW2. Can't wait for Gran Turismo 5 omg.

And yea Wes is not a GAFFER. I met him online after I got the game at midnight. We hit it off great on the squad and been playing together since release.
He usually plays in my squad now :D

the_prime_mover said:

A lot of us playing knows that feeling we just put up with it for now. I talked about bad hit detection a few pages back also. White pass is shit. Fuck UAV C4 high level clan people.

But the thing most of the time if some GAF members are in my squad we win. It's the certain bases that puts them at a bashing disadvantage.

Valparaiso the 3rd checkpoint if they don't know how to long range bash from lighthouse.
Port Valdez the last checkpoint in Bravo just have the whole team there.
Arica Harbor the 2nd and last checkpoint.
Laguna Presa the third checkpoint, shoot across the bridge so they can't rocket Alpha. If they take that checkpoint the odds of losing rises heavily.
Nelson Bay last checkpoint have the whole team in Bravo.

Maybe don't forgot about the useless modes such as Squad deathmatch and Squad Rush. I just want Laguna Alta already since we got that shitty ass White Pass.

Edit: I don't like weekend people. Nothing but people staying back and loading C4 on quads on my team. There was this tank guy who stood 2 bases back the whole time hitting nothing. High level clan that did nothing but load C4 on quads also.

Sorry Olimpia I quit out on both games you just entered.

olimpia84

Sorry Crak and dreamgazer, my game froze and didn't feel like playing anymore. The other team sucked really bad and were just hiding in C near the end.

Just finished. 3 spawn camp in a row yeah they were pretty lame.

9A-91 just tried it today and it's pretty much an assault rifle for Engineers. I guess I won't be platinuming the UMP.

TheSeks

all they have to do is make C4 on ground vehicles to 1/2 damage to crates, C4 on aerial vehicles do 1/4 damage and make the engineer's drill defuse AT Mines

And drop the points to what they were before. Giving a point boost to Objective Harm was fucking stupid as now everyone and their mom is going for Harms to get points (plus it's easier to take the crates out that way)

Crack said:
9A-91 just tried it today and it's pretty much an assault rifle for Engineers.

Nah, I find the clip size and damage rate too poor to make that claim. HOWEVER, it is a decent starting gun and the iron sights are great (in comparison to shit like the AEK-971's... Ugh.)

The maximum damage is above most assault rifles and the minimum damage is on par with assault rifles 14.3. It's just the damage drop off that differentiate it from being an Assault rifle.

The damage is 20.0-14.3.
Average Assault rifle (XM8, M416) is 16.7-14.3 (Aug 16.7-12.5).

hellclerk

TheSeks said:
And drop the points to what they were before. Giving a point boost to Objective Harm was fucking stupid as now everyone and their mom is going for Harms to get points (plus it's easier to take the crates out that way)
I think this is the real issue. the crates are easier to blow with the C4 and everything. The issue has nothing to do with points and point incentivizing, it's got to do with the fact that it's easier to do and much more difficult to defend against than a standard arm. If it was just as easy to defend against, then it wouldn't be a problem, would it? The points are part of the problem, yes, but these tactics saw use well before they were incentivized by points. If it wasn't easy to pull it off, then it wouldn't be a probem, just it is, and to make matters worse it gives extra points.

doomed1 said:
I think this is the real issue. the crates are easier to blow with the C4 and everything. The issue has nothing to do with points and point incentivizing, it's got to do with the fact that it's easier to do and much more difficult to defend against than a standard arm. If it was just as easy to defend against, then it wouldn't be a problem, would it? The points are part of the problem, yes, but these tactics saw use well before they were incentivized by points. If it wasn't easy to pull it off, then it wouldn't be a probem, just it is, and to make matters worse it gives extra points.

Then the only logical solutions if DICE doesn't want to completely remove any other means of destroying MCOMs is to make explosive damage EXTREMELY weak against MCOMS, OR leave it as it is now but allow for Engineers to repair them.

If they don't adjust SOMETHING, Rush is a lost cause. The base objectives of the mode should be arming and defending your armed MCOM on offense, and defending the MCOM on defense. Any other strategies should be BACK UP PLANS, and last minute hurrahs to try to squeeze past a point you might have lost the round on. Now it's just a game of "Who can get to the MCOM faster to put 15+ explosives on it."

hellclerk

Net_Wrecker said:
Then the only logical solutions if DICE doesn't want to completely remove any other means of destroying MCOMs is to make explosive damage EXTREMELY weak against MCOMS, OR leave it as it is now but allow for Engineers to repair them.

If they don't adjust SOMETHING, Rush is a lost cause. The base objectives of the mode should be arming and defending your armed MCOM on offense, and defending the MCOM on defense. Any other strategies should be BACK UP PLANS, and last minute hurrahs to try to squeeze past a point you might have lost the round on. Now it's just a game of "Who can get to the MCOM faster to put 15+ explosives on it."
Which is why I'm saying the same thing. I don't want them to remove ALL ways of getting rid of an MCOM, but let the engies repair it to make C4 and such a less attractive and more difficult affair.

Now I must be off as I start the roadtrip to get my rig back. See you guys online at the end of the week :D

Top Bottom