• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Eternal Sleeper said:
I use magnum ammo.

Like 99% of the playerbase now does.

The 1% being Armor or Explosives up.

It's so fucking stupid. I really wish the perks system wasn't even in the goddamn game anymore.

"Oh, hey, I died. Magnum Ammo... again?"

>>What would the 25% buff bring back<<

People using other perks instead of Magnum Ammo to get the buff back, perhaps?

After the buff, all players shifted to Magnum Ammo. Why bother torturing yourself with the "normal" damage rate when you could have the "25% buff" nearly back?

TheSeks said:

It's so fucking stupid. I really wish the perks system wasn't even in the goddamn game anymore.

People using other perks instead of Magnum Ammo to get the buff back, perhaps?

After the buff, all players shifted to Magnum Ammo. Why bother torturing yourself with the "normal" damage rate when you could have the "25% buff" nearly back?

Hey man, magnum makes the game more realistic hate having to unload on bitches. Would rather kill in a short burst

TheSeks said:

Is it really that bad for you? PC gamers got along fine with it since the beginning, I think you'll live. I used magnum ammo with a lot of my weapons, but I get along fine without it as well. I rarely use it as a medic, engineer, or recon.

1stStrike

Banned
IMO it already takes too many bullets to kill. Even with magnum ammo, I shouldn't have to put 15 bullets into someone's chest. Hardcore damage is perfect, but the lack of kill cam is what ruins it for me. I can't stand being sniped and never being able to tell where it's coming from.

1stStrike said:
IMO it already takes too many bullets to kill. Even with magnum ammo, I shouldn't have to put 15 bullets into someone's chest. Hardcore damage is perfect, but the lack of kill cam is what ruins it for me. I can't stand being sniped and never being able to tell where it's coming from.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of hardcore but most times can tell where someone is snipping me from though so I go back and kill them or spawn with a sniper myself and scout that direction and then kill them. You can only snipe in so many places.

1stStrike

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
Yeah, I'm a big fan of hardcore but most times can tell where someone is snipping me from though so I go back and kill them or spawn with a sniper myself and scout that direction and then kill them. You can only snipe in so many places.

I can never tell =\ It gets really frustrating.

Mr. Snrub said:
How does that fix anything? Magnum ammo is a 25% increase as it is...if the 25% increase was put back in AND the person used magnum ammo...?
yeah, i don't see why magnum even matters, the body armor fucks with me way more, since i sort of expect/predict people to be dead after a certain amount of hits and then they're still alive and i'm like ffffuuuu

Is anyone else having a TON of problems connecting to the EA server on the 360 these past 2 days. It was connecting sporadically yesterday, but I haven't been able to connect AT ALL today. I also can't connect through the NHL 11 Demo. It's funny that EA games are the only games on the 360 I've ever had issues connecting with. I've tried everything. Restarted the modem, router, updated my router firmware, etc, etc. Still not working.

Marvie_3

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
Is anyone else having a TON of problems connecting to the EA server on the 360 these past 2 days. It was connecting sporadically yesterday, but I haven't been able to connect AT ALL today. I also can't connect through the NHL 11 Demo. It's funny that EA games are the only games on the 360 I've ever had issues connecting with. I've tried everything. Restarted the modem, router, updated my router firmware, etc, etc. Still not working.
I was disconnected once on BC2 but other than that I've had no problems.

olimpia84

I almost lost my shit tonight...we had 4 fucking boosters in my team that lost us the last game on Arica because they decided it will be a good idea to boost for points in our base instead of capturing flags.
I sent a PM to one of them saying that I was going to report him and his squad (named GHO) and have them banned..he replied to me saying that I was nuts and that I have to chill out because it's just a game. :lol
Seriously fuck this people, they ruin the game for everybody.

olimpia84 said:
I almost lost my shit tonight...we had 4 fucking boosters in my team that lost us the last game on Arica because they decided it will be a good idea to boost for points in our base instead of capturing flags.
I sent a PM to one of them saying that I was going to report him and his squad (named GHO) and have them banned..he replied to me saying that I was nuts and that I have to chill out because it's just a game. :lol
Seriously fuck this people, they ruin the game for everybody.
boosting? wtf? what were they doing?

olimpia84

The Faceless Master said:
boosting? wtf? what were they doing?

All four of them were assault class, they were placing C4/shooting on the ground and throwing ammo packs to each other to get Squad Resupply points.

Marvie_3

Banned
The matchmaking in this game is fucking stupid. I quit out of a game because my team is full of morons. I pick a random conquest match to join and it puts me right back in the same match twice in a row.

X-Frame

So last night I was on my 2nd game and I was magically transported back to the menus. Apparently it didn't save my XP gained from the first game and the 2nd uncompleted game. Wow was I pissed.

This game is how old and it's still having problems like this?

X-Frame said:
So last night I was on my 2nd game and I was magically transported back to the menus. Apparently it didn't save my XP gained from the first game and the 2nd uncompleted game. Wow was I pissed.

This game is how old and it's still having problems like this?
That still happens to me a lot (PS3). I'd say at least once a week.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Marvie_3 said:
The matchmaking in this game is fucking stupid. I quit out of a game because my team is full of morons. I pick a random conquest match to join and it puts me right back in the same match twice in a row.
DICE sucks at coding algorithms to detect morons. :lol

No_Style

Yeah Olimpia was livid when he discovered that band of morons. :lol

Also, my only gripe against Magnum Ammo (and BC2's unlocks in general) is with how it's laid out. Magnum Ammo came way too late. Should have switched with extended ammo.

I use it for my Assault & Recon while my Engineer sports the double explosives perks. (both the quantity & power).

Cornbread78

OldJadedGamer said:

This is the reason why I CANNOT play in hardcore matches. It's completely unbareable, when half teh other team is sniping and gettign 1 shot kills and the other halp is sniping with shotguns for one shot kills... it makes for horrible gameplay IMO.

jayb

Cornbread78 said:
This is the reason why I CANNOT play in hardcore matches. It's completely unbareable, when half teh other team is sniping and gettign 1 shot kills and the other halp is sniping with shotguns for one shot kills... it makes for horrible gameplay IMO.

True, and I hate that aspect of hardcore too. Conversely, at least in hardcore you're not walking around with a glowing, orange triangle on your head that enemies can see even when you're behind cover!

I wish there was a hybrid of both hardcore and normal modes, where the damage/health is somewhere in between hardcore and normal, and with no orange triangles when spotted. And the shotgun's effective range decreased, of course.

I would play Hardcore if the damage was normal not the 60% health. I seriously hate 2-3 bullet kills, people can disregard aiming when people die so fast.

Cornbread78 said:

Rush is really poor in Hardcore but Conquest is nothing but super fun IMO. Not so many snipers... well, if you're a good player you won't be sniped. I'd say that out of 10 deaths in my average Hardcore game one of them will be because of sniping.

In Rush mode, they hold back and just stare at the MCOM's cause you have no other choice but to go there but in Conquest you can be anywhere and everywhere at once. I'm a huge fan of Hardcore now.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Alright, I FINALLY have my computer back and am getting home on Saturday. Who's up for a game Saturday evening US eastern time? Hit me up on steam if you're interested.

Steam is doomed1

EA ID thing is mulletalchemist

Hope to see you guys online then, and be nice too if you can, I'm sorta rusty after three months of inactivity...

X-Frame

I fully leveled up my Medic first, then went to Recon but I feel I can't effectively use the Recon class until I unlock Magnum Ammo and more universal weapons like the G3. Still have a while though.

So I've switched to Engineer for now and most likely will be ending with Assault which I think will be my most used class since it fits my play style. I'll try the Recon again after Engineer.

X-Frame said:
I fully leveled up my Medic first, then went to Recon but I feel I can't effectively use the Recon class until I unlock Magnum Ammo and more universal weapons like the G3. Still have a while though.

So I've switched to Engineer for now and most likely will be ending with Assault which I think will be my most used class since it fits my play style. I'll try the Recon again after Engineer.

Shotgun recon is lethal w/motion mines. Esp. w/extra shotgun ammo.

AnimatorZombie

Neo Member
LongDongJunon said:
Was there supposed to be some news about something Battlefield related at Gamescom or did I miss it?

I really hope it wasn't the release of map pack 6 that that BF Blog dude was hinting at. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

doomed1 said:
Alright, I FINALLY have my computer back and am getting home on Saturday. Who's up for a game Saturday evening US eastern time? Hit me up on steam if you're interested.

Steam is doomed1

EA ID thing is mulletalchemist

Hope to see you guys online then, and be nice too if you can, I'm sorta rusty after three months of inactivity...
Requests sent. Hope it goes through.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mr. Snrub said:
Is it really that bad for you? PC gamers got along fine with it since the beginning, I think you'll live. I used magnum ammo with a lot of my weapons, but I get along fine without it as well. I rarely use it as a medic, engineer, or recon.

I can get along fine with or without Magnum Ammo. However, it seems the PS3 community can not.

That's my issue with it. It's overused. And it makes me sick.

Quite frankly, talking with others: People agree. Why did DICE decide to add a buff/debuff (Armor) perk to the game? Any time you put those options in, people are going to abuse the buff.

See: Stopping Power in CoD4 and Juggernaut over use to counter it.

It's an uphill battle if you don't use Magnum Ammo. Why? Because the damage is skewed to the favor of Magnum Ammo than you. That, and DICE seems to have to fuck with the base rate instead of fixing the issue (AN-94 is over used? NERF THE SHIT OUT OF IT! Oh, wait, we didn't see if Magnum Ammo/et. al. needs to be rebalanced? SCREW THAT! LOLZ).

Mr Nightman said:
Hey man, magnum makes the game more realistic hate having to unload on bitches. Would rather kill in a short burst

I can't blame you (or the rest of the community) for using Magnum Ammo. I just wish the goddamn thing was gone. The "1.5 buff" isn't really needed so long as you know how to burst. The issue comes with a) teams all using Magnum Ammo and b) You yourself not using it. It is hard to get kills when everyone else is using Magnum Ammo. It screws you out of kills and gives them to your teammates instead of yourself. It's stupid and DICE needs to really look the perk and the base damage rate and rebalance/skew it to where Magnum Ammo doesn't give such a huge advantage over the base rate.

>>Thread going on about Hardcore<<

Hardcore damage rate isn't the issue. The issue is the over-abundance of Sniper Recons that think they're cool for school to sit around in a bush and snipe anyone that doesn't do the same. It's stupid. There is a reason why I call Hardcore mode "Sniper Circlejerk mode."

And to go back to my rant: When 9/10 of players are using one perk (a buff) over the other varieties (debuff/gun accuracy increase, forgetting the other slot 2s) it goes against your (DICE/developers) goal with the class system: Having variety of buffs for players and to have the game be varied.

Homogenizing (Magnum Ammo) sucks. Frankly.

But I've gone on and on about how much I hate Magnum Ammo (along with C4/UAV and AT mines on Crate) before and how much I'm a hypocrite using it on Assault and Recon because neither has a decent (well, Recon has spotting scope, but it sucks and Assault does have Assault Rifle increase, but against damage increase it sucks) slot-2, so why torture myself and not be on the same level (damage wise) with other players for those?

In any case: Faceless, I'm sure you'll appreciate this since it happened on Defense of Nelson Bay.

ps3_Sekoku.png

Protube club joined. 2 shots. Hoorah. Another thing to check off. :lol

Top Bottom