• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks said:
In any case: Faceless, I'm sure you'll appreciate this since it happened on Defense of Nelson Bay.

ps3_Sekoku.png

Protube club joined. 2 shots. Hoorah. Another thing to check off. :lol
aww yea!!!

Pro Tube!

i use it even in games where i feel i shouldn't nowadays... i mean, using it in Rush is ... wtf am i doing!?

ps3_faceless360.png

1/4 of the way to platinum baby!

Dabanton

Haven't played this for a few months finally got back into this week and it's a far more enjoyable experience actual squads working together even the annoying thing of whole teams of snipers seems to have gone.

Just had about 8 very good games with a nice ebb and flow.

I only play Hardcore now if you're a sneaky player you can run riot me had some very nice sneaking and takedowns going on.

Most delightful. Although one thing still annoys me the fact that if a team has a lack of players the game doesn't balance up the teams.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
The Faceless Master said:
aww yea!!!

Pro Tube!

i use it even in games where i feel i shouldn't nowadays... i mean, using it in Rush is ... wtf am i doing!?

ps3_faceless360.png

1/4 of the way to platinum baby!
Heh, not nearly as prolific, but this will become better. Really, I want at least a bronze medal on it.

pc_mulletalchemist.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I've been gold-starring the Assault Rifles. I Gold Starred the M416 today, leaving the M16A1 to Gold Star 1.

Doing this (switching weapons to star a la Faceless) has helped me level from 37 to nearly 38 (WTF, I thought I was 39 before?)

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
Wouldn't it be better to platinum a weapon instead of constantly switching. The 10,000 bonus for platinum will help you out a lot more.

Gold Stars + 100 skills = ~similar. Esp. after the first Gold Star. Gold Star 2 on is like 4000-5000. Two gold star 2's + all assault rifles = nearly the same as platinuming a gun.

Each gold star is 100 kills though same thing but by staying with the same weapon you net a bonus 5,000 on platinum.

You're adding in silver and bronze also.

How much you get from 2 silver and 1 bronze btw?

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
Each gold star is 100 kills though same thing but by staying with the same weapon you net a bonus 5,000 on platinum.

You're adding in silver and bronze also.

How much you get from 2 silver and 1 bronze btw?

500 Brozne, 1000 Silver. 2000 Gold 1 5000 on, IIRC.

I see, I hardly switch weapons so I forgot about the bonuses.

I'm pretty close to M1911 platinum after I started using it this month again.

TheSeks said:
I've been gold-starring the Assault Rifles. I Gold Starred the M416 today, leaving the M16A1 to Gold Star 1.

Doing this (switching weapons to star a la Faceless) has helped me level from 37 to nearly 38 (WTF, I thought I was 39 before?)
i'm 15 AT Rockets and 25 boat kills away from gold starring ... everything!

No_Style

Hooo boy. There were some pissed off GAF folks on tonight. Damn.

The reason we lost that last round was pretty evident in the score board where only 4 or 5 people on team broke 1100 pts.

TheSeks

i'm 15 AT Rockets and 25 boat kills away from gold starring ... everything!

I've got a bunch of weapons to Gold Star. Suffice it to say, it isn't the kit items that are needing stars. It's more the Snipers/Medic/Engineer stuff. I stick with one weapon generally, but this leveling up the weapons for bonus points has helped me learned what weapons I like/dislike (never noticed the AUG before. It's a good weapon, but I'm not great with it), may pull the same on Engineer/Medic, but given I don't use Magnum Ammo on those, I'll probably pull my hair out on those.

LongDongJunon said:
Was there supposed to be some news about something Battlefield related at Gamescom or did I miss it?
It turns out that the announcement of an announcement was actually the announcement of a non-announcement.

Yesterday and today I followed the advice of a gaffer here who hates medics that equip the mag ammo spec and I used the two med kit spec load outs and changed my play style to mainly a supporting role.

Man, you can rack up massive points by just healing and reviving. I think I destroyed only one mcom on arica harbor and I got the ace pin with like 5,000+ points not including award score, which was a huge step up from the mediocre 2-3,000 pts I've been averaging since I've eased off my crate bashing habit. Also, it's almost like giving your team an extra 75 tickets throughout the course of the match with all the revivals. I don't know why I've never realized how advantageous this was.

Dabanton said:
Haven't played this for a few months finally got back into this week and it's a far more enjoyable experience actual squads working together even the annoying thing of whole teams of snipers seems to have gone.

Just had about 8 very good games with a nice ebb and flow.

I only play Hardcore now if you're a sneaky player you can run riot me had some very nice sneaking and takedowns going on.

Most delightful. Although one thing still annoys me the fact that if a team has a lack of players the game doesn't balance up the teams.

:lol
Second set of Isla Innocentes on attack we had like 5-6 snipers on the island hill and I was playing as medic and as I mentioned above, I just healed and kept them alive, lol.

Since we only had about 5 people going after the mcoms and because I kept the snipers alive the whole time, our tickets drained incredibly slow. I remember glancing at the count at around the time it normally felt like we were about to get the 19 left warning, thinking that I should stop messing around and attack, and we had like 45 left!

Amazingly we won that set. Although we lost the next one I still got the ace pin.

TheSeks

bean breath said:
Yesterday and today I followed the advice of a gaffer here who hates medics that equip the mag ammo spec and I used the two med kit spec load outs and changed my play style to mainly a supporting role.

Man, you can rack up massive points by just healing and reviving. I think I destroyed only one mcom on arica harbor and I got the ace pin with like 5,000+ points not including award score, which was a huge step up from the mediocre 2-3,000 pts I've been averaging since I've eased off my crate bashing habit. Also, it's almost like giving your team an extra 75 tickets throughout the course of the match with all the revivals. I don't know why I've never realized how advantageous this was.

Becuase "DERP LMGS ARE WEAK, GIMMIE MY MAGNUM AMMO."

They aren't. It's just when 99% of players are using the Magnum Ammo buff, you are outgunned.

Again: Magnum Ammo killed proper medics and it pisses me off because it makes my (a proper medic) job a hell of a lot harder in terms of enemy resistance and supporting other players.

But yes. Medic Rate and Range ++ is a points vacuum. Throw a pack out where a majority of the team is in a firefight/hurt and you'll be racking up ~500-1000 a pack.

Laguna Alta Conquest is now dubbed Seaquest for me. i played 2 games just now finding spots to park a Seadoo so i can get boat kills. under the waterfall is pretty great at killing people near A or running ot A from B!

No_Style said:
Hooo boy. There were some pissed off GAF folks on tonight. Damn.

The reason we lost that last round was pretty evident in the score board where only 4 or 5 people on team broke 1100 pts.
if that's the game i think it was, then :lol :lol :lol

TheSeks

LMAO @ Crack coming into Conquest for a round. I thought he'd go running off screaming his head off at it. :lol

Double LMAO @ White Pass Conquest. Two of GAF leave, so it is Faceless and I in the squad. Medic guns down Faceless, I see the Medic running toward him, I'm on an ATV.

Medic <LMG> Faceless
TheSeks <Roadkill> Medicfrombehind

WHAM! Medic goes flying. I pick up his kit, revive Faceless and lol for a good five minutes.

X-Frame

Is there hit detection problems with the knife? It seems super random. Like I'll get right behind a wookie and "slice" at him and he'll just walk around. One more time, nothing - turns around and kills me. Huh?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
X-Frame said:
Is there hit detection problems with the knife? It seems super random. Like I'll get right behind a wookie and "slice" at him and he'll just walk around. One more time, nothing - turns around and kills me. Huh?

That's putting it lightly, the knife is completely unreliable and usually takes me 2 attempts before it actually connects :(.

X-Frame said:

Yeah people have complained about that from the beginning. Just make sure you're super fucking close and it's not too bad of an issue, imo.

No_Style

NEOPARADIGM said:
Yeah people have complained about that from the beginning. Just make sure you're super fucking close and it's not too bad of an issue, imo.

It was far more reliable in the beginning. Now it's very iffy. I believe a patch may have broken it. (Speaking from the console perspective)

X-Frame

Gotcha, looks like I will avoid using the knife forever now. :)

Also, just reached Level 15 so I unlocked the Magnum Ammo and so far while using the Assault class it's pretty much a night and day difference. I can't see myself using anything else except in special situations.

TheSeks said:
LMAO @ Crack coming into Conquest for a round. I thought he'd go running off screaming his head off at it. :lol

Double LMAO @ White Pass Conquest. Two of GAF leave, so it is Faceless and I in the squad. Medic guns down Faceless, I see the Medic running toward him, I'm on an ATV.

Medic <LMG> Faceless

WHAM! Medic goes flying. I pick up his kit, revive Faceless and lol for a good five minutes.
Haha it's true I dislike conquest but its better to play with a good team then a bad one. Dan, Wes, and I formed our own Rush squad and we ran into stupid teammates. It was fun and infuriating at times.

And the hit detection is not just for the knife, there is loads of bullets not registering. Today I shot a medic point blank on his head and shot 12 bullets. I died afterward and he had 68% health and now that's some bullshit.

Edit: Had some funny moments today.

1. An Engineer and I stabbed each other 4 times without it registering, I was looking across and I think it was Dan and our friend looking at our fight. I said Help me guys in a begging manner because I know I wouldn't be able to kill him without any ammo and knife is not registering.

2. I got a double snipe kill, the thing is one of the guys that died was at spawn and the other one was across the map :lol

olimpia84

I swear every single time I play Arica Conquest I have hit detection issues with ALL the weapons. Most of the time I need to connect two close hits with a shotgun in order to kill the other person which means I'm screwed in every single one on one =/
Good thing is that we won all of our games but I hope the hit detection problems go away.

olimpia84 said:
I swear every single time I play Arica Conquest I have hit detection issues with ALL the weapons. Most of the time I need to connect two close hits with a shotgun in order to kill the other person which means I'm screwed in every single one on one =/
Good thing is that we won all of our games but I hope the hit detection problems go away.
that one game on Arica was ridiculous, i couldn't hit *anything* no matter what i tried... switched to the carl the next game and somehow i was leaving people on 14% it was bizarre. how bizarre? the knife worked EVERY FUCKING TIME I USED IT!

i'm still scratching my head over the double double kill on Laguna Alta. i was on the ledge above the RU spawn and threw 2 AT mines at the Bakhcha below then threw a grenade to set them off. tank blows up double kill from AT mines, double kill from grenade... wtf? robbed of my multi kill bonus! you owe me 60 points dice!

i bet the other team was wondering wtf i was doing shooting at them on the back of a parked jetski on Laguna Presa.

Taurus

Was playing Arica Harbor conquest on hardcore yesterday.

"Oh, there's my squadmate at the construction yard building, I can spawn at him and rush straight to Bravo flag!" Press button to join game.

BOOM! I'm dead. o_O

Here's what happened: Enemy sniper shot my squadmate at the same moment I spawned right fucking behind him and the same bullet killed me too.

I bet the enemy wank...I mean sniper felt pretty happy about it, double kill etc. :lol

Oh, and in the same game I saw enemy survive my 40mm grenade at his feet and then he just shot me. It was at open area near UAV station behind Bravo. I had the explosives perk and he had 60% health left, WTF? >_<

Aesius

This game is significantly more fun to play when you squad with a friend.

I finally convinced my roommate to pick it up, and I only play when he's home. Great fun yelling from bedroom to bedroom at each other to repair the tank, come revive me, watch out for the guy to the left, etc. :D

Although we seem to be having a problem getting put in absolutely wretched teams. We had 3 games in a row where we would join and the other team would be in our spawn point with tanks and the entire perimeter surrounded. Literal instant spawn kills. Back out, join another game, same exact thing (but different map). Bizarre.

i bet the other team was wondering wtf i was doing shooting at them on the back of a parked jetski on Laguna Presa.
No patrol boat love faceless? If you rock up in one at the right moment (e.g just as one of the M-COMs has been armed) you can go to town!

TheSeks

VibratingDonkey said:
I can never figure out how you aim with those damn grenade launcher things. Absolutely hopeless.

They arc. You need to learn to gauge the distance and then aim slightly upwards. Think "headshots with bullet drop" on the Sniper Rifles, but in this case it's a grenade that is going to where the reticle is aimed at but in an arc fashion.

endlessflood said:
No patrol boat love faceless? If you rock up in one at the right moment (e.g just as one of the M-COMs has been armed) you can go to town!
i can't bring myself to doing that silliness in Rush, i only do it on Laguna Presa Conquest when we're up like 30 tickets. 7 to go for gold!

VibratingDonkey said:
I can never figure out how you aim with those damn grenade launcher things. Absolutely hopeless.
just use it more, you get used to the arc.

Facism

I got banned from a server earlier because i pro-tubed an admin. It was the straw that broke the camel's back, so to say, because he was my 4th protube kill in the game where i went 24 - 1 on arica conquest.

If i did that on the servers i admined, i would of lost my priveledges.

Loxley

I've recently discovered the majesty of playing BC2 in a window, because the game does more damage on my aging Core 2 Duo than my 9800 GTX, I have to crank every setting (with the exception of textures) to low in order to get a steady 30 FPS. Playing it in a 4:3 Window on a widescreen monitor however allowed me to kick up my graphical settings much farther than I would have thought.

Plus, catching up on Futurama episodes helps ease the boredom of drawn-out games of Rush :D

Oh, I guess it's also been a while since I posted my Steam ID: morithain

Granted my playtime with BC2 is pretty sporadic, and with classes starting tomorrow in addition to Mafia 2 coming out on Tuesday, it'll be even more sporadic for the next week or so, heh. But still, I'll manage to toss in some games in this week :)

Massa

Loxley said:
I've recently discovered the majesty of playing BC2 in a window, because the game does more damage on my aging Core 2 Duo than my 9800 GTX, I have to crank every setting (with the exception of textures) to low in order to get a steady 30 FPS. Playing it in a 4:3 Window on a widescreen monitor however allowed me to kick up my graphical settings much farther than I would have thought.

Plus, catching up on Futurama episodes helps ease the boredom of drawn-out games of Rush :D

Oh, I guess it's also been a while since I posted my Steam ID: morithain

Granted my playtime with BC2 is pretty sporadic, and with classes starting tomorrow in addition to Mafia 2 coming out on Tuesday, it'll be even more sporadic for the next week or so, heh. But still, I'll manage to toss in some games in this week :)

You're doing it wrong. :p

Laguna Alta Conquest is now dubbed Seaquest for me. i played 2 games just now finding spots to park a Seadoo so i can get boat kills. under the waterfall is pretty great at killing people near A or running ot A from B!

This is actually a great idea. On hardcore no one will be able to find you cause of the no kill cam.

todahawk

TheSeks said:

Medic <LMG> Faceless

Shit man, I joined in at one point and noticed we were getting our asses handed to us. I stuck it out, got to the final scoreboard and I was the only gaffer left! :(

Tried joining again and got dumped on the other team so I jumped into Nelson Bay conquest and even though my team of randoms sucked, I knifed this level 50 in the face... TWICE. LOL... so fun.

X-Frame

I'm assuming it's a glitch when the game says we lost when we obviously won, but does that affect any if the bonus points I get for the round?

Massa

X-Frame said:
I'm assuming it's a glitch when the game says we lost when we obviously won, but does that affect any if the bonus points I get for the round?

Yep, you get the points. You can check for the pin in the next screen.

No_Style

For the first time in a long time, there was one guy who kept killing me over and over again. The guy was in a chopper and any time I was about to kill him with anti-air gun, he'd suicide instead.

We still won and I managed to get above a 1.7 K/D in the end, but damn was it ever annoying.

I still have to give kudos to his flying ability though. Very impressive.

The online population seems really weak. I got Battlefield Bad Company after looking at the Master Ninja's Praise in 2008 but recently got into the series(early-mid 2009). When i play the game only hand full of people are online. I generally play pretty early in the morning.. 5ish in the morning.
IS this game on the Top 20 XBOX Live list ?

olimpia84

No_Style said:
For the first time in a long time, there was one guy who kept killing me over and over again. The guy was in a chopper and any time I was about to kill him with anti-air gun, he'd suicide instead.

We still won and I managed to get above a 1.7 K/D in the end, but damn was it ever annoying.

I still have to give kudos to his flying ability though. Very impressive.

I almost lost my shit when they took A and C and our tickets started bleeding fast. At one point we were winning by like 50 and then bam, we were losing by 4 with less than 70 tickets to go. Thank God dreamgazer somehow managed to get to A and we were able to get it and at the same time you guys took C; that was the game right there, I'm glad we won.

Unregistered007 said:
The online population seems really weak. I got Battlefield Bad Company after looking at the Master Ninja's Praise in 2008 but recently got into the series(early-mid 2009). When i play the game only hand full of people are online. I generally play pretty early in the morning.. 5ish in the morning.
IS this game on the Top 20 XBOX Live list ?

I think it's number 9 or so every week on the Xbox Live list, but the games get pretty damn empty at times after 12 AM EST. I don't even bother going on at those times anymore. If I can, strictly 1PM-9PM EST. Anytime but those hours seems to leave me with 6 v 6 games or less. Sad really because the game is so much better than CoD: WaW, and most especially MW2. It doesn't get the love it deserves.

Top Bottom