• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No_Style said:
For the first time in a long time, there was one guy who kept killing me over and over again. The guy was in a chopper and any time I was about to kill him with anti-air gun, he'd suicide instead.

We still won and I managed to get above a 1.7 K/D in the end, but damn was it ever annoying.

I still have to give kudos to his flying ability though. Very impressive.

Yes. That game pissed me off. I hate playing Atacama, mostly because of bullshit like that. Hate double helicopter fucks.

>>Bad Company 1<<

BC1's playerbase is dwindling (sadly) it was strong in March, but it's sadly going. People moved to BC2. There's a community there, can't say for 360 but on PS3 there's players.

Reminds me: I need to drag Faceless back to BC1. But last time I tried to play BC1, NO ONE WAS ON at the time I was in any of the maps I chose. Ghost Town on PS3. o_O

Hey guys... just found the holy grail. A super duper easy way to boost demo 2.0 kills. Just found this bug tonight and have not seen this posted anywhere else.

Play Conquest on Nelson Bay. Have your friend destroy Building B completely by any means then switch teams to the opposite side. Then, the guy who switched needs to go behind B near the cliff wall and there is a small gap. Fall in that gap and fall to your death. Instead of being counted as a suicide, it's counted as a Demo 2.0 for the person who destroyed the building (your buddy on the other team). Start a new game and switch who destroys the building and who jumps off the cliff.

Enjoy!!!!!

edit: I've only tried this in Hardcore. Can't say it works in regular mode but odds are it does.

Calion

OldJadedGamer said:
Hey guys... just found the holy grail. A super duper easy way to boost demo 2.0 kills. Just found this bug tonight and have not seen this posted anywhere else.

Play Conquest on Nelson Bay. Have your friend destroy Building B completely by any means then switch teams to the opposite side. Then, the guy who switched needs to go behind B near the cliff wall and there is a small gap. Fall in that gap and fall to your death. Instead of being counted as a suicide, it's counted as a Demo 2.0 for the person who destroyed the building (your buddy on the other team). Start a new game and switch who destroys the building and who jumps off the cliff.

Enjoy!!!!!

edit: I've only tried this in Hardcore. Can't say it works in regular mode but odds are it does.

Hm, I might have to try this out. Nice find.

Marvie_3

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:

Enjoy!!!!!

Works in regular mode too. Someone destroyed the building and I accidentally fell off that cliff. Counted as a D2.0 kill. :lol

I only need 3 more D2.0 kills for the achievement. I should try and exploit this. :D

i think i got about 3-4 D2.0's tonight... and 3 TK D2.0's :(

only have the AT4 left to get a gold star! 7 kills! one guy on my team actually RPG'd my Jetski because he was upset at me sitting there in the waterfall... wtf guy, we're up 70 tickets, do i really need to run around and pretend that i could be more useful!?!?

Crakatak187 said:
Faceless was awesome tonight got about 3-4 triple kills. 2 of them were from a single grenade.

150 more kills till I dump F2000.
2 triples and a multi from a grenade throw and another from C4 from a dead recon's kit. all on people trying to disarm crates! good games from everyone, i don't think the other team won... but they tried!

TheSeks said:
Yes. That game pissed me off. I hate playing Atacama, mostly because of bullshit like that. Hate double helicopter fucks.

BC1's playerbase is dwindling (sadly) it was strong in March, but it's sadly going. People moved to BC2. There's a community there, can't say for 360 but on PS3 there's players.

Reminds me: I need to drag Faceless back to BC1. But last time I tried to play BC1, NO ONE WAS ON at the time I was in any of the maps I chose. Ghost Town on PS3. o_O
i haven't played since that time i played with you. i guess we'll see... this weekend maybe?

tsigo

I bought this tonight on PC because a bunch of friends have been playing it like crazy lately. I played a few games by myself and coming from 15 days played of Modern Warfare 2 on the 360, let's just say the adjustment period is going to be pretty long.

I'm going to read the first post a few more times since there's some great MP tips in there, but for now I'll just ask this: why does spotting just not work like 90% of the time? Reading the OP I see there's a kind of cooldown, which I guessed, but I'm talking about "I just spawned, I haven't done anything in a while -- hey there's some dudes! Aim down sights at them, press Q to spot and... nothing." It happens a lot. And I'm sure they're not my teammates. By the end of the night, me spotting guys successfully became a pleasant surprise. I asked in chat and was told this was a bug, which would be absolutely ridiculous if true.

Another thing I've noticed is that if I aim down sights quickly after respawning (can you tell I did a lot of respawning?), it will automatically zoom out partially, but not taking me out of the aiming mode entirely. Very annoying.

todahawk

The Faceless Master said:
i think i got about 3-4 D2.0's tonight... and 3 TK D2.0's :(

only have the AT4 left to get a gold star! 7 kills! one guy on my team actually RPG'd my Jetski because he was upset at me sitting there in the waterfall... wtf guy, we're up 70 tickets, do i really need to run around and pretend that i could be more useful!?!?

2 triples and a multi from a grenade throw and another from C4 from a dead recon's kit. all on people trying to disarm crates! good games from everyone, i don't think the other team won... but they tried!

i haven't played since that time i played with you. i guess we'll see... this weekend maybe?

I got 1 D2.0 kill last night and two Saturday night.... and 3 TK's as well :lol
finally closing in on the damn platinum... i've just been blowing shit up left and right and now the D2.0's are flowing in.

and i REALLY hate the heli rape, shouldn't switched to engy with tracer

btw, were those your sisters watching you play last night? "why are you always on the winning team?" and of course you credit your team-mates :lol (I was 5-7 non-gaf and 6-1 with gaf this weekend)

I got a message from a guy yesterday patting me on the back for squadding it up. How often does that happen? I'm inspired, think I'm gonna start doing the same.

Just barely lost by the way. Atacama Rush. Had brainfarts at the end. Should've switched to engineer a long time ago, because there were kind of tanks guarding the last crate. Oh well, gg hb, as they say.

Pete Rock

Wtf did they do to the Apache? It's broken, like flying in molasses :(

Picture this if you will: Port Valdez on Attack, playing with randoms, making steady progress on the office town before the harbor. I realized that our team had been using vehicles effectively the whole round so I assumed they would damage the Apache very heavily as soon as they got the new light tank spawn. The enemy team has two 50's who've been playing like lightweights so I assume they are biding their time waiting for the chopper.

I had left the quad from our spawn between the old construction site and the two story building across from the old A site, so I ran back and drove it up the hill right as the bases switched over for us. As soon as I get hunkered down behind the tree line I peer out and see a smoking Apache coming in for a landing, and amazingly enough they fly all the way to the back of the clearing! I was frantically running around trees and over some crappy rocks trying to get a shot through the glass before the engineer was done repairing, but it wasn't viable and I didn't want to Gustav it and give away my position with a dumb move like that.

So I wait patiently, retreating into the bushes and listening as the aa fire spews out, watching the spotted icon circle over the harbor road and the container area before returning for a second round of repairs. I've shifted closer to the halfway point between the trees now and I have the perfect shot, lining up the pilot as he touches down. The instant the engineer steps out I drop two headshots with my M14 through the glass into the pilot, the rotors spin down as the engineer turns around in shock, fumbling with his repair tool as I step out from the trees and pump the last 8 rounds into his chest. They must have been raging watching that killcam as I hop in their shit and take it off solo :D

I proceed to net 18 rocket kills while a random squad mate spawns in the turret and guns fools down, we are eating away at their defenses from the inside out but our team is just not taking out the damn crates. We have 50% of A left and only 30 tickets and I've been pushing the chopper a little hard, punishing the two 50's I stole it from - they are of course hell bent on revenge, trying to shoot me down from every mounted gun position in the harbor.

So I fly back to repair it as we only have 34 health, and oddly enough there's someone on my team sitting near the trees by the clearing where I originally hijacked it. I think nothing of it, assuming it to be some retarded afk, get out and repair as normal. This level 24 Assault asshole comes running over, jumps in the pilot seat and steals it from me, taking off with the random gunner to do god knows what. I couldn't believe it, I was so fucking pissed I didn't even want to chase him and watch it careen into a fucking mountainside. Needless to say, by the time I was done sending two absolutely rage induced voicemails this shitbag had already crashed the chopper and the enemy was pulling up their new one as I dropped to the dashboard. He never replied.

The random gunner sent me a message stating that "i got that noob back for u" but I don't even know what that means. I've always had this feeling, but mid level 20 players are the worst goddamn fucking BC2 players ever, consistently. It's as though they only focused on a class or two for cheap points or M60 whoring or whatever other dumb shit appealed to them, and they can't conceptualize any other strategy besides aping the top players in whatever round they are currently playing. Same shit happens if I'm in a random squad and I have a good recon spot racking up kills, some level 22 dipshit will spawn next to me with his goddamn VSS, strafing in front of my scope while spewing tracers out of my previously low-key location. Go back to MW2 you fucking plebes :lol

todahawk

VibratingDonkey said:
I got a message from a guy yesterday patting me on the back for squadding it up. How often does that happen? I'm inspired, think I'm gonna start doing the same.

Just barely lost by the way. Atacama Rush. Had brainfarts at the end. Should've switched to engineer a long time ago, because there were kind of tanks guarding the last crate. Oh well, gg hb, as they say.

that's nice, i got a few friend requests once when I was the only guy on our team that didn't quit and i still kept trying for objectives.

hb?

yeah, i do the same thing, i'll get stubborn with a class and not switch (sorry Seks!)

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:
I got 1 D2.0 kill last night and two Saturday night.... and 3 TK's as well :lol
finally closing in on the damn platinum... i've just been blowing shit up left and right and now the D2.0's are flowing in.

and i REALLY hate the heli rape, shouldn't switched to engy with tracer

btw, were those your sisters watching you play last night? "why are you always on the winning team?" and of course you credit your team-mates :lol (I was 5-7 non-gaf and 6-1 with gaf this weekend)

I played MAG all weekend, It was better than the first couple times I tried to play it and had fun.

I still need 9 more 2.0s, I'll just keep loading up W.P Conquest matches and blowing everything up. I still say this game is glitched though, because there is so many times, I have brought a buildign down witha full squad in it, but I do not get a C-$ kill or a 2.0, btu there is nobody jumping out the windows, or dead....

jayb

Marvie_3 said:
Works in regular mode too. Someone destroyed the building and I accidentally fell off that cliff. Counted as a D2.0 kill. :lol

I only need 3 more D2.0 kills for the achievement. I should try and exploit this. :D

which platform, or with this work on all?

Marvie_3

Banned
jayb said:
which platform, or with this work on all?
I play on 360. I would assume it works on all of them.

Whoever runs the BFBC2 metatag for GAFers should accept my friend request. I need more GAFers to play with. Randoms suck. :lol

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
I played MAG all weekend, It was better than the first couple times I tried to play it and had fun.

I still need 9 more 2.0s, I'll just keep loading up W.P Conquest matches and blowing everything up. I still say this game is glitched though, because there is so many times, I have brought a buildign down witha full squad in it, but I do not get a C-$ kill or a 2.0, btu there is nobody jumping out the windows, or dead....

yeah, i have your stats bookmarked on bfbcs.com! I was wondering how you were doing. Like I said, I snagged 3 in about 24 just by blowing tons of shit up. Had a handful of team kills and a shit TON of C4 kills.

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:
yeah, i have your stats bookmarked on bfbcs.com! I was wondering how you were doing. Like I said, I snagged 3 in about 24 just by blowing tons of shit up. Had a handful of team kills and a shit TON of C4 kills.

Nice, try hard to not look to closely, they are terrible from trying to get the 2.0s. Seriously, I've never had a trophy ruin my gaming experience as much as this one has for me, LOL. I need 7 more, so once I get those 7, I'll work on my k/d to make it look a little sexier, LOL. Seriously though, I wish it tracked C-4 suicides because I must be in the top 10 in the world!:lol

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
Nice, try hard to not look to closely, they are terrible from trying to get the 2.0s. Seriously, I've never had a trophy ruin my gaming experience as much as this one has for me, LOL. I need 7 more, so once I get those 7, I'll work on my k/d to make it look a little sexier, LOL. Seriously though, I wish it tracked C-4 suicides because I must be in the top 10 in the world!:lol

i've been surprising decent at not killing myself, ignoring objectives or generally killing my experience while chasing this one. Some of the others were horrible and there were stretches of this one where i was trying too damn hard. then i took facelesses advice and blow up everything every chance i get. in a tank, buildings are coming down, any map with collapsable buildings, they're coming down. having fun with it at this point.

shit, i'm working on my sniper insignia and put the acog on the m24 and went on a crazy tear with it last night. it was arica harbor conquest and i caught this team down below past A and i just kept picking them off, they had no idea what was going on... then their medic started reviving them. got around 6 before they headed indoors and i caught a shotty in the gut going for a knife kill.

got two gold dog tags from the same dude this weekend too, it was on nelson bay conquest. i slide down a hill right into his face and we was looking a little left, i realized he was an enemy and finally knifed him in the face. snuck up on him later for #2.

AndyD

aka andydumi
So someone told me we are not getting any new maps or anything for BFBC2 until Vietnam and that's a paid expansion. Is that right? If so, that's pretty weak showing. And a copout of their original "PC players wont have to pay for any maps" statement, because there were no maps, but rehashes of existing maps.

Cornbread78

greenjerk said:
i've been surprising decent at not killing myself, ignoring objectives or generally killing my experience while chasing this one. Some of the others were horrible and there were stretches of this one where i was trying too damn hard. then i took facelesses advice and blow up everything every chance i get. in a tank, buildings are coming down, any map with collapsable buildings, they're coming down. having fun with it at this point.

shit, i'm working on my sniper insignia and put the acog on the m24 and went on a crazy tear with it last night. it was arica harbor conquest and i caught this team down below past A and i just kept picking them off, they had no idea what was going on... then their medic started reviving them. got around 6 before they headed indoors and i caught a shotty in the gut going for a knife kill.

got two gold dog tags from the same dude this weekend too, it was on nelson bay conquest. i slide down a hill right into his face and we was looking a little left, i realized he was an enemy and finally knifed him in the face. snuck up on him later for #2.

I should just have more fun with it, but I guess I'm just stubborn, LOL. I play solo most of teh time when I'm trying for 2.0s, because I do not want to be a distraction, but as always, the game is MUCH better playing with a full squad. I just wish they opened it to to be able to have a squad of at least 6-8 members.

todahawk

Cornbread78 said:
I should just have more fun with it, but I guess I'm just stubborn, LOL. I play solo most of teh time when I'm trying for 2.0s, because I do not want to be a distraction, but as always, the game is MUCH better playing with a full squad. I just wish they opened it to to be able to have a squad of at least 6-8 members.

yeah, i agree... we always end up splitting up the group, seems there's usually more than 4 gaffers trying to squad up.

greenjerk said:
that's nice, i got a few friend requests once when I was the only guy on our team that didn't quit and i still kept trying for objectives.

hb?

yeah, i do the same thing, i'll get stubborn with a class and not switch (sorry Seks!)
the funniest thing is when PEOPLE ON THE OTHER TEAM send friends requests, that one always amuses me. and i'm talking after they already left the game...

Marvie_3 said:
I play on 360. I would assume it works on all of them.

Whoever runs the BFBC2 metatag for GAFers should accept my friend request. I need more GAFers to play with. Randoms suck. :lol
done.

TheSeks

greenjerk said:
yeah, i agree... we always end up splitting up the group, seems there's usually more than 4 gaffers trying to squad up.

Only late at night. Generally in the evening (5-7PM) it's Faceless, myself, Dreamgazer (now and then), Olimpia, Crack in a squad.

Edit: And I really need to sit down and play Blazblue and Super Street Fighter 4, I have them right here begging me to sit down and learn a character but I keep coming back to FPS'ers as they're what I know and I don't get my ass beaten horribly in them too much. :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:
Only late at night. Generally in the evening (5-7PM) it's Faceless, myself, Dreamgazer (now and then), Olimpia, Crack in a squad.

Edit: And I really need to sit down and play Blazblue and Super Street Fighter 4, I have them right here begging me to sit down and learn a character but I keep coming back to FPS'ers as they're what I know and I don't get my ass beaten horribly in them too much. :lol
T_____________T

Yeah timezones are killing me. But sometimes i play with faceless and Olimpia.

TheSeks

Fersis said:
T_____________T

...And Fersis.

But he plays Squad Deathmatch, Faceless joins and leaves as I'm joining Faceless, see it's Squad Deathmatch go "WHO THE HELL PLAYS THIS CRAP!?" and leave. :lol

TheSeks said:
...And Fersis.

But he plays Squad Deathmatch, Faceless joins and leaves as I'm joining Faceless, see it's Squad Deathmatch go "WHO THE HELL PLAYS THIS CRAP!?" and leave. :lol
i might actually stay if i get dropped into Fersis' squad, but i always end up on some other team and leave right away...

AndyD said:
So someone told me we are not getting any new maps or anything for BFBC2 until Vietnam and that's a paid expansion. Is that right? If so, that's pretty weak showing. And a copout of their original "PC players wont have to pay for any maps" statement, because there were no maps, but rehashes of existing maps.

That someone was right. The just changed the wording of "Map Packs" to "Expansions".

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks said:
...And Fersis.

Ok, lets play some Rush or Conquest tonight.

AndyD said:
The Community Manager said so.
And yes it really sucks. i havent been so hooked to an FPS since R2 so im dying for some new maps.
Oh and no, enabling game modes in existing maps is not a MAP PACK.

T__T
</rant>

todahawk

TheSeks said:

yeah, i know, i'm a night owl... i thought i was getting on early at 10PM :lol

I have bit of a backlog building up. I'm at 95% completion of RDR but I just started Bayonetta (been itching to get it for awhile) and AC2... loved RDR so much I picked up GTA:LCS, plus i'm getting hyped on Vanquish. I really don't know if i'll bother with MoH or CoD:BO.

todahawk

oh, and i pretty much use the neostead + slugs with every class. just love it.
Neostead.gif

UFRA

Crak, I'm off tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully we can get some BC2 in one or both nights.

Strike, I think you said you work Mon and Tues didn't you? :( Damn my schedule and the awkward days off I get.

I just want them to get rid of UAV C4, Quad C4, and Choppa C4 then get a new map and fix the lag/hit detection, it's a lot more noticeable these days. Balance and gameplay comes first to me.

Cool I'll probably be on tonight.

TheSeks

Crakatak187 said:
I just want them to get rid of UAV C4, Quad C4, and Choppa C4 then get a new map and fix the lag/hit detection, it's a lot more noticeable these days. Balance and gameplay comes first to me.

Cool I'll probably be on tonight.

I do believe you forgot "AT on M-COMs," good sir.

Good point I've forgot about that.

I started killing teammates putting C4 on M-COMs for fun, I won't hurt any gaffers doing it though. It's fun as hell :lol

making them repairable will only stop scrub solo attacks, and it will punish rocket sniping and any decent squad will just all sit in their base and never leave and win every game on defense. and probably squad C4 and win every game on offense too.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
You want to fix rush, you get rid of crate damage. Period.

Also... you cannot have more than one COM in a destructible building at any one base. I dont think you should be able to drop buildings on the COMs at all, but being able to get both is fucking retarded. And whoever at DICE is responsible for that decision was so off the mark you have to wonder where their head was.

I can't believe they can look at RUSH right now and be happy with the way it's predominantly played. No one arms the crates... it's just straight cheese. It's broken.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:

With the exception of Rocket Sniping (which is easy to counter) and vehicles like the helicopter (NOT THE UAV) which can be rocketed if you see them coming in fast, I agree.

recklessmind said:
Wouldn't be right either, then the defense could line the crate with C4 and make sure nobody could ever plant.
Also... you cannot have more than one COM in a destructible building at any one base. I dont think you should be able to drop buildings on the COMs at all, but being able to get both is fucking retarded. And whoever at DICE is responsible for that decision was so off the mark you have to wonder where their head was.

The biggest offender of this is the first area of Nelson Bay. I often just take both buildings down purposely (while defending), I hate it that much.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
dope4goldrope said:
Wouldn't be right either, then the defense could line the crate with C4 and make sure nobody could ever plant.

This wouldn't happen. Didn't happen in BC1. You might've been killed now and then by a C4 rigged crate, but it wasn't too prohibitive.

TheSeks

recklessmind said:
This wouldn't happen. Didn't happen in BC1. You might've been killed now and then by a C4 rigged crate, but it wasn't too prohibitive.

It didn't happen in BC1 because C4 from your team also harmed the crate just like C4 from the enemy did.

Therefore, C4ing the crate while noble was a stupid thing that only newbies new to BC1 did, much to the dismay of older players (who promptly teamkilled them over and over).

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
recklessmind said:

I can't believe they can look at RUSH right now and be happy with the way it's predominantly played. No one arms the crates... it's just straight cheese. It's broken.
I wish they would publish the win/loss stats for offense/defense for rush, I bet it is pretty much even. People obviously weren't damaging crates enough before, seeing as they upped the points so much for doing so.

recklessmind said:

Rush is not BROKEN, because the way they have the mode set up, the C4/Destruction 2.0 methods are legitimate....

...But yes, it is cheese as as hell. I hate how the focus has been shifted away from Arming/Disarming in favor of all these other methods that are way more effective, offer way more points, and are way harder to defend against until it's WAY too late. 2 people can C4 a crate in an insanely short amount of time. Either damage from explosives has to be DRASTICALLY reduced and arming should reward a far more significant point bonus, or damage to crates has to be removed completely.

X-Frame

greenjerk said:
oh, and i pretty much use the neostead + slugs with every class. just love it.
Neostead.gif

I like the SPAS or the NS 2000 with the 12 gauge slugs but find I actually do better (and it fits my playstyle more) when I take off the slugs and replace it with the Lightweight spec. Running around faster + a beastly super-shotgun is fun as hell.

Mr. Snrub said:
Making the MCOMs repairable would completely rebalance Rush. It's ridiculous that they haven't done it yet.
My clan has been running an inhouse comp (8 vs 8) and no defending team has ever won a single round :D

It doesn't matter how prepared and organised you are for dealing with C4 attacks, sooner or later they get through.

endlessflood said:
My clan has been running an inhouse comp (8 vs 8) and no defending team has ever won a single round :D

It doesn't matter how prepared and organised you are for dealing with C4 attacks, sooner or later they get through.

My stats are winner 90% Attacking and 10% winner as Defending.

OldJadedGamer said:
My stats are winner 90% Attacking and 10% winner as Defending.
Have you played much Conquest? That will skew the stats since a win in Conquest will count as an attacking win, and a loss in Conquest will count as a defending loss. But I think your point still stands.

But this intra-clan comp is interesting because the teams are very evenly balanced and filled with players who all know what they're doing. It really does prove that losing to a team that's C4'ing the objectives isn't about 'not being alert' or 'being on a bad team' or 'doing a poor job of defending'. If they seek to destroy the M-COMs through damage rather than arming them, the attackers have an overwhelming advantage.

I suppose the only caveat is that the comp is 8 vs 8 rather than 12 vs 12, which might make a difference in terms of attackers being able to slip past defenders a little more easily.

Top Bottom