• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 |OT2| See, Spot, Run

I like the crouch on R3. It feels perfect for me. I would like to take out the knife button though since I don't knife. I would replace it with alternate weapon like switching to noobtubes or rockets.

All fps should at least have custom controls. One thing Resistance 2 did very well.

recklessmind said:
Told you that rifle was the shit man... use the 40mm shotgun and it's just disgusting. Burst fire and you can kill things at range often enough.

edit: requires mag ammo. it's a pea shooter otherwise.

editx2: So yeah...

11j6au0.jpg
I think it depends on the user really. I do real well with F2000 lately but I can probably do better with the other Assault Rifles. F2000 has a bad rep as one of the worst weapons in BFBC2. Most weapons are pretty decent now, except for the AT4 which got nerfed badly :lol

I would rate F2000>AEK because man AEK has very noticeable recoil even more then XM8/M416/AUG despite being weaker then those rifles.

I used it recently and first thing that came to mind when it shot it "This weak ass gun has more recoil then the M416".

I'll do a real comparison next time I play but so far it seems that way to me.

Marvie_3 said:
I hate this. Especially on the rare occasions where I snipe/spot/mortar for a bit to try to punch holes in the other team. I have a few really good spots but within a minute 2 other people are running around me trying to snipe while running and blocking my view.
When I first started playing, I acted as a mobile spawn point for my squad and would rush behind enemy lines in the atv and then hide somewhere near the mcom.
It works great until you get that idiot that plants himself right next to you and starts shooting, giving away your position and bringing the whole enemy force on your ass.

Yesterday I saw some stupid play that I hadn't seen since the demo days. I was playing Atacama rush defense and the enemy was crate bashing with vehicle c4. On the 3rd set alpha, they brought the health down to we're it just needed one more vehicle attack and I see one of my dumbass teammates throwing c4 on and around the mcom to try to counter them.

smh.

I've seen this once before recently and I did the same thing then that I did this time:
Threw a damn grenade at the mcom and destroyed it.
I didn't get any penalty and I'm not sure, but I hope that idiot got negative points for destroying it.

Spl1nter

recklessmind said:

You console players are so inconsistent.

2uxztc8.png

Should really cut off anything from 8/1 to present since the skill level decreased since I have only played once or twice since then as SC2 has taken over all my gaming.

No idea why the drop in early July. Skill has gone down as I have played the game less I guess.

1stStrike

Banned
Was good playing with you guys again. I should be around more for a while :eek:

Oh shit, I didn't realize this wasn't in English... oh well, w/e :lol

Does anyone have any good tips for setting up the Medic class? I used to play almost exclusively as a Medic in the Beta and the early days of the retail release and I always rocked the M60. Post-M60 nerf I'm looking to play a bit more medic but the M60 doesn't have the same oomph and the LMGs in general just feel very underpowered in comparison to the weapons I prefer with the other classes.

I'm interested to hear TheSeks' views on healing too. My basic approach has always been to be at the back of my squad; if a gunfight breaks out I drop a health pack (which rarely does any good since anyone being fired upon seems to die pretty much instantly) and then try and kill all of the bad guys. if they're all dead I then revive any dead friendlies I can find and drop another health pack if any wounded guys can't find my original health pack.

Unfortunately with the current state of the LMGs I find that I get killed in pretty much every gunfight (albeit generally taking a bad guy with me) which makes me completely ineffective as a Medic.

Yeah, if only the other teams were challenging today :lol
A team comprising of gaf is pretty intimidating though.

Good warm up day to get you back in your groove though.

I don't think that medic approach would work that well especially out in the open. 10 health points per second is not that significant to me.

1stStrike

Banned
endlessflood said:
Does anyone have any good tips for setting up the Medic class? I used to play almost exclusively as a Medic in the Beta and the early days of the retail release and I always rocked the M60. Post-M60 nerf I'm looking to play a bit more medic but the M60 doesn't have the same oomph and the LMGs in general just feel very underpowered in comparison to the weapons I prefer with the other classes.

I'm interested to hear TheSeks' views on healing too. My basic approach has always been to be at the back of my squad; if a gunfight breaks out I drop a health pack (which rarely does any good since anyone being fired upon seems to die pretty much instantly) and then try and kill all of the bad guys. if they're all dead I then revive any dead friendlies I can find and drop another health pack if any wounded guys can't find my original health pack.

Unfortunately with the current state of the LMGs I find that I get killed in pretty much every gunfight (albeit generally taking a bad guy with me) which makes me completely ineffective as a Medic.

Stay in tight spaces and use the MG3. It fires so quickly that anyone at close range doesn't stand a chance. Also, you can put a 4x scope on pretty much any LMG and snipe with them...

1stStrike said:
Stay in tight spaces and use the MG3. It fires so quickly that anyone at close range doesn't stand a chance. Also, you can put a 4x scope on pretty much any LMG and snipe with them...
I wonder how the MG3 would go with a 4X scope. Close quarters I'd just spray from the hip and the long range accuracy of a 4X might make it useful in more open spaces.

I imagine this sort of discussion is like fingernails down a blackboard to TheSeks :lol

endlessflood said:
I wonder how the MG3 would go with a 4X scope. Close quarters I'd just spray from the hip and the long range accuracy of a 4X might make it useful in more open spaces.

I imagine this sort of discussion is like fingernails down a blackboard to TheSeks :lol

MG3 SA+ 4x is my current setup after I have platted the M60.
Currently standing at 753 kills with it, and I'll probably move on to the M249 afterward.
Is the 4x useful on the MG3? Not so much if you plan on doing super long-range M60 style LMG sniping. After all, the MG3 is known for its rate of fire, not its damage & accuracy - most enemies should already be in cover by the time you deliver the killing blow.

For the medium range medics, however - it does its job fine.

Anyway,
I'm a bit curious as to why you're on to the MG3 right now.
After all, the M60 alternatives for most people is broken down like this (in order):

1. M249 for people going for the oomph
(lowest recoil out of all medic guns, 2nd highest rate of fire, damage is the same as most medic guns, 200 mag capacity.)
2. MG3/MG3 SA for people going for Rate of Fire
(lowest recoil out of all medic guns - same as M249, 1st highest rate of fire, LOWEST damage, 100 mag capacity.)
3. PKM (2nd highest damage)
4. MG36 (because of the built in red-dot)
5.T88

(I only went for the MG3 first because of how much I loved the pp-2000, which is also high ROF super low damage.)

Eternal Sleeper said:
MG3 SA+ 4x is my current setup after I have platted the M60.
Currently standing at 753 kills with it, and I'll probably move on to the M249 afterward.
Is the 4x useful on the MG3? Not so much if you plan on doing super long-range M60 style LMG sniping. After all, the MG3 is known for its rate of fire, not its damage & accuracy - most enemies should already be in cover by the time you deliver the killing blow.

For the medium range medics, however - it does its job fine.

Anyway,
I'm a bit curious as to why you're on to the MG3 right now.
After all, the M60 alternatives for most people is broken down like this (in order):

1. M249 for people going for the oomph
(lowest recoil out of all medic guns, 2nd highest rate of fire, damage is the same as most medic guns, 200 mag capacity.)
2. MG3/MG3 SA for people going for Rate of Fire
(lowest recoil out of all medic guns - same as M249, 1st highest rate of fire, LOWEST damage, 100 mag capacity.)
3. PKM (2nd highest damage)
4. MG36 (because of the built in red-dot)
5.T88

(I only went for the MG3 first because of how much I loved the pp-2000, which is also high ROF super low damage.)
Thanks for posting those thoughts, much appreciated.

For some reason I can't stand the M249. It just doesn't work for me, even if the stats say it should. In terms of liking the MG3, it's interesting that you mention the similarities to the PP-2000 because I love that gun as well.

olimpia84

When gaf gets together it can be very scary. Another night of camp destruction. The only downside to this is that the people in the other team quit and then we are left by ourselves :(

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Crakatak187 said:
I think I'm pretty consistent.

You are... probably more than most PC guys. I looked at your stats.

I'm just too moody. If something is annoying me, my performance drops pretty badly. That stint with the LMG's was soooo bad haha. And I'm not representative of average PS3 players either.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
VIP MAP PACK #6 released.

Squad Deathmatch : Panama Canal
Squad Rush : Laguna Presa

Cornbread78

1stStrike said:
:( we had 7 or 8 gaffers on at one point too. My days off are tues/wed so I can't play late on friday :|

I"m suprised I actually got on a server with you, LOL. I'm still really confused on the 2.0s, I swaer the system does not give you credit for half of them I blew up one building in Africa Harbor and got 2 c4 kills uinstead of 2.0s, then I took down another building when Crak was tellign me there were a few guys behind me (love the motion mines) so I let 'er rip with 3 orange triangles in the building, but I didn't get a single kill or 2.0.

Panama Canal Squad DM is about as fun as a Squad DM map can be. it's basically a strip of the map the length of the broken ship (cuts off before A and D) and the tank spawns in the construction building adjacent to B.

I only played defense on Laguna Presa Squad Rush and the attackers didn't make it past the first set, dunno what the 2nd set is like, but the first set is the first A and the attackers spawn is somewhere on that long stretch of land directly in front of A. The map shows that the 2nd crate is somewhere in the direction of the first B, but not in that exact spot.

X-Frame

Can someone explain the health system for me?

I know there is no health bar (which is think is dumb) and I judge my health based on the blood on my screen - but how do I know when I regenerated to 100%?

If there's no blood is that auto-100%? Is it 75%?

I'm just confused on figuring out where I'm at after a firefight.

X-Frame said:
Can someone explain the health system for me?

I know there is no health bar (which is think is dumb) and I judge my health based on the blood on my screen - but how do I know when I regenerated to 100%?

If there's no blood is that auto-100%? Is it 75%?

I'm just confused on figuring out where I'm at after a firefight.
you hear a hissing sound when you reach at 100%

The Faceless Master said:
you hear a hissing sound when you reach at 100%

hmm I don't think I ever noticed that. I usually just sit on it for 10 seconds and figure that just enough time lol.

I may finally be on tonight once my internet gets fixed. It's been janky lately. This will be my last free week until classes start :(.

1stStrike

Banned
eternaLightness said:
hmm I don't think I ever noticed that. I usually just sit on it for 10 seconds and figure that just enough time lol.

I may finally be on tonight once my internet gets fixed. It's been janky lately. This will be my last free week until classes start :(.

It's more like a breathing sound. Like someone taking a quick breath in relief cause they, you know, didn't die :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
endlessflood said:

You want my views? Okay:

First:

Strike said:
Stay in tight spaces and use the MG3.

Don't listen to this dude, the MG3 and the SPECACT gun(s) flatout SUCKS. Unless you slap Magnum Ammo on them. Unless you're playing Conquest, you shouldn't be slapping Magnum Ammo on your Medic self (IMO)

Second, LMG aren't weak in comparison to other guns. You can throw the LMG around without worrying about the clip. THE PROBLEM WITH THE LMG's, HOWEVER: Magnum Ammo. Going against 80% of the player base using that, you're dead. It sucks, and they frankly need to bring the 25% damage buff back to nerf Magnum Ammo to where it's not used, but alas.

Healing: Throw out a pack any chance you get. Any time you see a +, throw it. HOWEVER, worry about your life instead of other peoples. If they're dead and on the other side of the map, don't be stupid and rush out there to revive them. You'll just get killed, they'll get killed and you'll have a pissed off teammate.

However: "Proper" (IMO) Medics roll Range and Rate +. Range is good. YOU WANT IT. Rate is good for keeping people alive. They may die against Magnum Ammo, but if they're coming out of a fire fight you can have them be good as new in about 2-5 seconds.

Getting into the "shuffle dance" of Left D-pad (whatever on PC), Sprint to dude, R1/RT/Left-click, Triangle/Y/whateveronPC and sprinting back into cover will help you stay alive, help your teammates (provided they aren't in a "hot spot") stay alive, help them get into cover (if they aren't dumb) and give you points.

It's a THRILL (LIVING IN A DREAM, SNNNNAAAAKE EATTTTTER) to run out into a battlezone, revive a dude and get your ass back into cover and support people.

You aren't meant to be on the front lines, that's the assault. You aren't meant to be in the back. That's a sniping recon. You are meant (along with an engineer) to be in the mid-range and keeping tabs on your team while constantly moving/defending yourself from enemies.

Edit: As far as "proper time to throw out a kit" there is never a "proper" time, however: people coming out of a fire fight or sitting still and are hurt? Throw it out. If a dumbass teammate is running away from you despite them being hurt, don't chase them. Let them die. If they're nearby, revive them so they can die again because they didn't expect to be revived. After a while, your teammates SHOULD LEARN that there is a medic on the team and that they should hang around cover to be healed./edit

Anyway: I'll be playing for an hour or two in a little bit. I'm beat from today and I have Psych on Today at 10PM. So yeah...

Thankfully, Burn Notice ends it's season next week, which means Thursdays will be free for gaming again until Winter/November. :lol

Fersis said:
VIP MAP PACK #6 released.

Squad Deathmatch : Panama Canal
Squad Rush : Laguna Presa

SMH. No one gives a shit about those modes, DICE. GIVE ME MY GODDAMN PANAMA CANAL RUSH I DESRVE. :mad:

1stStrike

Banned
o_0 the MG3 destroys everyone at close range. I've used it effectively like that and I've also had my ass handed to me by people doing the same.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm going to watch Top Chef on hulu and then jump on this for at least a few hours tonight...

TheSeks

1stStrike said:
o_0 the MG3 destroys everyone at close range. I've used it effectively like that and I've also had my ass handed to me by people doing the same.

MG3's rate of fire is the thing that makes me hate it. You puke ammo, and given that the retarded playerbase doesn't help in public matches to reload it, I'd rather have a slower firing (but more controlled in ammo) LMG over a spitting ammo/death machine.

1stStrike

Banned
Err, I just steal kits, toss out an ammo box and then continue to ass rape everyone with the MG3. It's stupid how fast that thing fires. Very rarely do I ever actually run out of ammo, with any gun, in this game. Though, I usually play with gaffers so I'm playing with people that aren't retarded, which helps a lot. :lol

TheSeks

1stStrike said:
Err, I just steal kits, toss out an ammo box and then continue to ass rape everyone with the MG3. It's stupid how fast that thing fires.

The issue with picking up kits is you're a sitting duck. That, and I've had times where kit items will appear in my hand and not throw out. Many times. Having to switch and fumble with kits is not my idea of a good solution for a problem that deals with a retarded playerbase that won't throw out kit items.

Very rarely do I ever actually run out of ammo, with any gun, in this game.

Then you're lucky. I have LITEALLY ran out of ammo for my main AND SIDEARM at least 18 times in this game. It's especially apparent that half the PS3 community is coming from MW2 in Conquest.

TheSeks said:
MG3's rate of fire is the thing that makes me hate it. You puke ammo, and given that the retarded playerbase doesn't help in public matches to reload it, I'd rather have a slower firing (but more controlled in ammo) LMG over a spitting ammo/death machine.

The SAW at 800 ROF really isn't any "slower" than MG3's 1000
Although I'm almost always single/burst firing with LMGs, so I guess ammo is never much of an issue with me.

Anyway, the more I hear Sekoku talk, the more I realize I am the total anti-thesis of his medic playstyle.

I run the front lines
I use magnum ammo.
I only use range+ on hardcore.
Rarely ever touches rate+

XD
COME CRITICIZE MEEEEEE
http://bfbcs.com/stats_ps3/dreamgazer

TheSeks said:
Don't listen to this dude, the MG3 and the SPECACT gun(s) flatout SUCKS. Unless you slap Magnum Ammo on them. Unless you're playing Conquest, you shouldn't be slapping Magnum Ammo on your Medic self (IMO)

There is NO difference between SPECACT guns and their normal counterparts.

And the MG3 is great--only Medic gun I use now, really. T88 was beast until the last batch.

Second, LMG aren't weak in comparison to other guns. You can throw the LMG around without worrying about the clip. THE PROBLEM WITH THE LMG's, HOWEVER: Magnum Ammo. Going against 80% of the player base using that, you're dead. It sucks, and they frankly need to bring the 25% damage buff back to nerf Magnum Ammo to where it's not used, but alas.

How does that fix anything? Magnum ammo is a 25% increase as it is...if the 25% increase was put back in AND the person used magnum ammo...?

Top Bottom