• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 Review Thread - Metacritic: one billion-hit combo, buy it kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seik

Banned
It's no surprise this is reviewing well. The first one was one of the best games of last gen. PG are good at what they do.

jUu4Z0u.jpg

Hahahahahaha!

''It's good but I'm offended.''

I have Bayonetta but never beat it because I got bored with it. I tried the demo for B2 and enjoyed it but I think the same thing will happen. I do want a new game though and this will most definitely bomb and get a price drop quickly. I should probably wait..decisions...

Games with great value propositions rarely drop a lot in price (look at the price for HD collections and GOTY editions)... and that is quite frankly an awful position to take when we are talking about a, by almost all accounts, superb game in dying genre of a dying breed .

Marcel

Bayonetta deftly dodges a trivial Arthur Gies review to slip into Witch Time.

The real question: what do Pocket Lint and BioGamerGirl have to say?

PerZona

So happy that Bayonetta 2 gotten such high review scores from so many review sites and magazines. Surprised to see a 10/10 from EDGE too, looks like they really love it.

I currently don't own a Wii U but soon, and one of the reasons for buying it would be cause of this game. But sadly the sales for this game will most likely be shit, hopefully it's enough for a sequel.

Lunar15

Just a self-imposed, personal standard.

Does this mean you never played God Hand?

On sexuality in Bayonetta: While I really love Bayonetta's personality and character, you're kidding yourself if you don't think that all the T&A shots aren't pandering to a male audience. Personally, I find it a little bit embarrassing, however, it doesn't kill my love for the game, nor does it make it less enjoyable. Just pointing out that if you're the kind of person who says "Bayonetta isn't pandering at all, she's a strong female character!", you're deluding yourself at least a little bit.

Now, is pandering bad? That's an entirely separate discussion. However, it's going to cause people to have different opinions of the game, hence Gies' review.

KooopaKid

Banned
Honest question: if they removed the close up shots of her vagina and ass in that gif, how would the game be less special or original?

No, but I might be slightly less funny and over-the-top.

Back when it released I was still in college and was really busy along with having very little spending money and by the time the game was cheap I never got around to it. Plus having already been a PC gamer at the time as well and not owning an Xbox 360 (I have a bad past with the original system problems and never really bought back in) I could see that the PS3 version had alot of issues with its framerate back then. By the time the game was much cheaper and I had more free time and money, I just didn't get around to playing it. Gonna be awesome to see how great it is for myself though, and I really enjoy what Platinum did with Wonderful 101. Was awesome cause I felt since the game was announced that they would include that original, and I'm so glad that ended up coming true.

Cool, if you liked W101, you're in for a treat!

Masterburger

Neo Member
Man, that Polygon review. That was a hilarious read. They're a politically correct conservative hypersensitivity machine by now. They're so boring. Like a bunch of old man screaming at kids to get off their lawn and asking girls to wear their skirts bellow their knee. I just hope more and more people start realising this and stop supporting them.

VanWinkle

Add it to the list of other excellent Wii U exclusives.

I have no interest in the game, however. I have the demo installed but I can't even make myself try it.

nbthedude

So you can only play games the month they are released?

No but for AAA releases there is definitely something about being part of a community conversation that adds to them.

Games that I play on lazy Saturday afternoons as part of a back log are Steam games I pick up for $5 and there are already a ton of those.

Seik

Banned
Rosa Parks wasn't a hypocrite though. This review comes from the same person who gave a 9.5 to GTAV. A game known for it's racist and sexist overtones.

Hahaha really?!

I never read Polygon, but this makes this whole deal even funnier.

Add it to the list of other excellent Wii U exclusives.

I have no interest in the game, however. I have the demo installed but I can't even make myself try it.

You really should, even if you don't like hard core action games. Stylus mode feels great without feeling overly dumbed down.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I don't know who BioGamerGirl is but I want to hear what Ja Rule has to say.

johnbone

Man, that Polygon review. That was a hilarious read. They're a politically correct conservative hypersensitivity machine by now. They're so boring. Like a bunch of old man screaming at kids to get off their lawn and asking girls to wear their skirts bellow their knee. I just hope more and more people start realising this and stop supporting them.
Politically correct hypersensitivity machine yes, though I wouldn't call them conservative-if anything, they're trying to be edgy and ultra progressive imo

Marcel

Politically correct hypersensitivity machine yes, though I wouldn't call them conservative-if anything, they're trying to be edgy and ultra progressive imo

Reminder: Progressive isn't puritanistic "female characters you stop being sexual right now!" middle-age white man bullshit. Bayonetta is empowering, not problematic.

Stardust_Comet

Neo Member
Rosa Parks wasn't a hypocrite though. This review comes from the same person who gave a 9.5 to GTAV. A game known for it's racist and sexist overtones.

*slow clap*

The more I hear of this reviewer, the more I'm convinced that standards for hiring critics these days are low.

johnbone

Reminder: Progressive isn't puritanistic "female characters you stop being sexual right now!" middle-age white man bullshit.
Why pull the race card? I think gies thinks he is "looking out for women and their objectification," but is targeting the wrong game here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom