• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 Review Thread - Metacritic: one billion-hit combo, buy it kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sad state of the industry if the same games win GOTY both years. I'm not even sure the review sites want that. I'm not even sure why you want that, it means this year was a complete wash.

No one wants that, but I like taking the most pessimistic views when it comes to this sort of thing because of so much GOTY bullshit through the years.

Why are you wailing about game of the year?

Your shrill rants have nothing to do with my post, nor the post I quoted.

Shrill rants? Lol, coming from the one who only comes in here to yell "no" when you see the catch phrase you don't like. Keep trolling this thread with your non contributions and ignoring the replies you get by waving them off as "shrill rants", if it pleases you so much. I personally would rather invest my energy into something I like, like writing about games I care about.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Sega literally just published Alien Isolation, and are a top tier PC developer.
Sorry, that still counts as both having western studios and publishing games in the west.

What does that matter at all to my point of Sega being completely incompetent?

In regards to console, 99% of their western operations and their localization efforts of Japanese titles have dried up, outside of Sonic, aliens and third party contracts. Am i supposed to clap for that?

danwarb

You'd think games would also be marked down for all the killing over at Polygon, but we're cool with virtual genocide, not butts.

Bulzeeb

I've never been a fan of brawlers then I played the demo and I liked it, it was cool, easy to jump in yet complex enough to master, I was skeptical but now I'll be buying the game day 1

This seems more likely.

and f-zero brawler game would be awesome

Revenile

You'd think games would also be marked down for all the killing over at Polygon, but we're cool with virtual genocide, not butts.

Except you aren't killing humans for the most part, that's where the saving grace comes in there, remember these people compared Watch_Dogs to Ferguson...

Foffy

Banned
Yup, they wrote an article titled "What Watch_Dogs can teach us about the situation in Ferguson" I'm not going to link it since that site doesn't need more clicks, but it's a real thing.

Yeah, it was so poorly received that they removed all tweets marketing that mess.

Yet that tripe article still remains. Vulturistic garbage.

Ushiwaka

I LOVE Bayonetta, but this "the best reviewed game" stuff is stupid. It's actually the first time I see this statement on GAF. Dark Souls 2 also has a score of 91 on metacritic, but that's not my point. My point is, who the fuck cares if Bayo 2 is highest rated game in 2014 with one or two more points in MC score than other games? Since when does GAF cares about those stuff? Just enjoy the goddamn game. Seriously, this is the first time I see the "THIS GAME HAS TWO MORE SCORES ON METACRITIC COMPARED TO THAT GAME" on GAF. Does this happen with all games? Or just exclusives? Cause Bayo 1 has a 90 score on MC and I've never seen anyone mention it in Bayo discussions. Just play the game and enjoy it. You're asking for console war stuff in a Bayo 2 threads when you're doing this.

Riki

I LOVE Bayonetta, but this "the best reviewed game" stuff is stupid. It's actually the first time I see this statement on GAF. Dark Souls 2 also has a score of 91 on metacritic, but that's not my point. My point is, who the fuck cares if Bayo 2 is highest rated game in 2014 with one or two more points in MC score than other games? Since when does GAF cares about those stuff? Just enjoy the goddamn game. Seriously, this is the first time I see the "THIS GAME HAS TWO MORE SCORES ON METACRITIC COMPARED TO THAT GAME" on GAF. Does this happen with all games? Or just exclusives? Cause Bayo 1 has a 90 score on MC and I've never seen anyone mention it in Bayo discussions. Just play the game and enjoy it. You're asking for console war stuff in a Bayo 2 threads when you're doing this.
Because ir's fun to watch the butt hurt people that port beg the game have meltdowns.

Ushiwaka

Because ir's fun to watch the butt hurt people that port beg the game have meltdowns.

"I don't want port begging and console war in Bayo 2 threads"
"I know what we should do! Lets provoke port beggers and console warriors!"

Again, you are asking for console war stuff in Bayo 2 threads when you do this.

Mesoian

Since always. Score comparing always happens in threads prior to a game's release, especially when sequels are involved. It's why we have review threads that are separate from OT's and regular discussion.

My question is, why were you expecting people to not do this?

I agree with you, it's completely irrelevant whether a game has two more points on average than another. But about the bolded: you must have never read any Naughty Dog threads. And I would say yes, it happens more with exclusives, console wars are real, even here where people try to pretend that's not the case. It's why we have someone coming in here every time "GOTY" is mentioned to tell us that this game can't be GOTY.

SmokyDave

Who are you talking to?
The people I quoted.
Exactly. It's just asking for a jibing.

Edit: although it was illuminating seeing that people draw a clear equivalence between review scores, and GotY awards. Helps explain why people care so much about reviews validating their opinions.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

You must be new here.

Riposte

Although an inconsistency may appear suspicious, every reviewer has their own methods and ideals. In this case you are just imposing your idea on how violent imagery relates to sexual imagery, which means there's no real inconsistency being pointed out. In any case, it's weird how Gies personal review approach (disagreeable as it may be) bothered people more than Sarkeesian reprimanding the reviews that didn't follow those specific beliefs. That's a clear engagement in the argument of "what reviews should be like", where a lot of people want to take this.

Ushiwaka

Since always. Score comparing always happens in threads prior to a game's release, especially when sequels are involved. It's why we have review threads that are separate from OT's and regular discussion.

My question is, why were you expecting people to not do this?

Really? GAF always cared if Game X has two more points is MC than Game Y and made a big deal out of it? Even if it did, it doesn't mean its a good thing. And especially in Bayo 2's case when you know its a sensitive topic.

I was expecting the people who said "we are tired of console wars in Bayo 2 threads" to know better than this.

SmokyDave

? Ignoring what people wrote and not addressing it is not "talking" to them.
You were wailing about GotY even though I made mention of no such thing and neither did the guy I was quoting. You leapt into a conversation about apples, and screamed 'oranges!!!'.

That is my final post on the matter.

Really? GAF always cared if Game X has two more points is MC than Game Y and made a big deal out of it? Even if it did, it doesn't mean its a good thing. And especially in Bayo 2's case when you know its a sensitive topic.

I was expecting the people who said "we are tired of console wars in Bayo 2 threads" to know better than this.

People are just happy Bayonetta 2 turned out well. It's been a rollercoaster ride of ridiculousness since the game was announced, so seeing the universal praise from critics validates Nintendo's decision to fund the game. Just let people be happy and enjoy the game.

vypek

I've been listening to the soundtrack. Love it. I think a Wii U + Smash + Bayo 2 + MK8 + 3D World will be my graduation present to myself.

Laconic

Banned
The best path for all of us who genuinely rejoice at the sheer pleasure that this Nintendo game shall provide for us, is to simply enjoy it, and let the haters go suck lemons in their self-enforced solitude.

Lulz, as if. So many butthurt fans who bitch and moan about this going to Wii U instead of PS360 or PS4Bone.

I hate to go too deep into this but in my opinion, if you truly love Bayonetta and Platinum, you'll either find a way to play Bayo 2 or you'll at least be happy they were able to make their dream sequel.

If you are unable to do either of these, I hesitate to call you a Bayonetta fan but that's just one guy's view on the matter.

Hugstable

Banned
You were wailing about GotY even though I made mention of no such thing and neither did the guy I was quoting. You leapt into a conversation about apples, and screamed 'oranges!!!'.

People say GOTY stuff in any game that gets good scores. Are you gonna go into other game topics that get good scores and say they are wailing also when people say GOTY? If you don't like the game or aren't gonna get it, why are you even wasting your time here? There are tons of other things to do, like playing Shinovi Versus!

Still ignoring it, I see. I may not be active on this forum that much but I have seen enough of your posts in Nintendo related threads to know what you're about and anyone with half a brain can see it. Your pretense of having objective and relevant interests in these threads is laughable at best. But ok, enough with this ot (non)discussion, I apologize for the derail.

Yup, they wrote an article titled "What Watch_Dogs can teach us about the situation in Ferguson" I'm not going to link it since that site doesn't need more clicks, but it's a real thing.

Adorable, wish there was a way to read that without giving them clicks because I'm really curious about how they spun it.

I hate to go too deep into this but in my opinion, if you truly love Bayonetta and Platinum, you'll either find a way to play Bayo 2 or you'll at least be happy they were able to make their dream sequel.

I actually only recently got a copy of Anarchy Reigns because I didn't have a 360 for the longest time. I'll happily chase the P* dragon, although I'm wondering what that Xbone game is going to be like.

Ushiwaka

People are just happy Bayonetta 2 turned out well. It's been a rollercoaster ride of ridiculousness since the game was announced, so seeing the universal praise from critics validates Nintendo's decision to fund the game. Just let people be happy and enjoy the game.

Awesome! I'm happy! Let's be happy! Just lets not ruin the happiness by trying to bring console war discussion into the thread. That's all I'm saying.

thefro

I'm happy it got good scores because hopefully that means it sells well enough for 1) Platinum to get more steady work and 2) Nintendo to justify working with P* again. If we get Bayo 3 at some point that'd be a bonus.

Laconic

Banned

If you are unable to do either of these, I hesitate to call you a Bayonetta fan but that's just my opinion on the matter.

Exactly this.

It is one thing to be disappointed that the sequel to a game that you enjoy is exclusive to a console that you willfully and deliberately refuse to purchase.

It is another thing entirely to shit all over the game, its native console, and those people who are willing to support the game's developers enough to purchase their console.

There have been several games on past consoles that I have wanted to play, but lacked the means or willingness to purchase the consoles they were on. I did not hate the games, the consoles they ran on, nor those who could play them. Such behavior is infantile, and ever so mildly sociopathic.

Sour grapes are only good for whine. Go home fanboys - you're drunk and bitter.

I, however, am getting my drink on with Bayonetta 2... that sweet, sweet nectar.

...that she stole off of god, after she punched him into the sun.

Rich!

never really played bayonetta before...just tried the Wii U demo for 2, and I'm sold

It instantly reminded me of one thing - the Dreamcast. In terms of colours, fluidity, controls and the arcadey nature of it all. Amaazing.

Famassu

If you are unable to do either of these, I hesitate to call you a Bayonetta fan but that's just one guy's view on the matter.
There are plenty of Bayonetta fans who just happen to be even bigger fanboys of PS3/Sony and/or 360/Microsoft who are childishly annoyed at Nintendo for taking their toy (that wouldn't exist otherwise) away from them.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
I hope the Nintendo guy pursue further collaborations with Platinum. Gimme Vanquish 2 Nintendo and you are instantly the coolest freaking game publisher around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom