• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, what? Clooney's Batman was in his same fucking voice, there was zero difference.

Affleck is supposed to be the old grizzled veteran...he may not look like Frank Miller Batman, but he's supposed to veteran hero all the same.

We should've had a Tom Selleck Batman.

Superman vs Batman is a stupid idea for a movie. I'm glad they are getting a stupid actor to play Batman. This allows Bale's batman to be untouched by this future flop of a film.

Could be worse. Could have been Bale again.

After three progressively worse portrayals as Batman (pretty damn good Wayne tho) I'm ready for someone new. I haven't written it off.

inm8num2

Affleck will own the role.

And he has a great handle for writing/directing, so I think he's going to make some nice contributions and collaborate a bit with Snyder/Goyer to nail down the character.

Omni

Team-America-Puking-Up-a-Storm.gif

very_angry_gif.gif

smashed-computer.gif

rage-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2743.gif
One .gif isn't enough to express the way I feel

Fitrix

Neo Member
From The Man Without Fear to The Caped Crusader.

I cant contain my laughter.

Cant wait to hear a news of a boycotting campaign from disgruntled fans.

man, give me a break, Bale was great as both.

The Nolan/Bale revisionism on this board is absurd, almost as bad as the "Burton/Keaton is god" crowd.

I liked him as Bruce. Didn't care for his Batman shenanigans. And I don't know what "revisionism" you're talking about, I liked those movies.

I just don't think that Bruce Wayne/Batman is some high almighty role that takes acting genius to nail.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Affleck better hit the gym starting.... now.

Also I hope to god he doesn't speak like Bale. Just whisper and it's all good.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
My problem with this is that Ben Affleck is just one of those actors who's real life personality sorta overshadows the characters they are playing. I didn't see Daredevil I seen Ben Affleck running around pretending to be Daredevil which will probably be the case here as well.

Sean Connery set the standard and yet miraculously the 007 franchise has continued on for 50 years.

Relax, the end is not, in fact, nigh.

This is why I don't understand when people get upset with recasting and such. Bond has handled it for the last 50 years.

SimleuqiR

Hollywoodland+5.JPG

So weird. He already play the guy playing Superman. This is so, meta. Now all we need is Batman and supes to do a costume switcharu in the JL movie.

Mononoke

Banned
Ben is a great director, and an okay actor that is either bad in really bad movies, or is decent in good movies. My hope is that he'll carry this role given the way his career has improved so much.

I HOPE.

=/

kingocfs

My problem with this is that Ben Affleck is just one of those actors who's real life personality sorta overshadows the characters they are playing. I didn't see Daredevil I seen Ben Affleck running around pretending to be Daredevil which will probably be the case here as well.

This.

Guy Legend

Excellent. Great actor and director (in case he directs a stand alone Batman sequel).

I was one of those hoping for Bale returning. This comes out of left field, but as a replacement for the next decade of Batman cinema, he should be great.

I just hope this doesn't mean Jennifer Garner becomes Wonder Woman....

Completely agree.

3N16MA

Banned
As if Affleck needed another sign that he is back on top after being written off by many. Can't say I'm thrilled with the choice considering I'm getting a Clooney vibe.

I think this movie will end up sucking for numerous reasons, but this casting decision isn't one of them (at least not yet). It's an interesting choice, and at least something new, so I support it.

Blader

I liked him as Bruce. Didn't care for his Batman shenanigans. And I don't know what "revisionism" you're talking about, I liked those movies.

I just don't think that Bruce Wayne/Batman is some high almighty role that takes acting genius to nail.

Neither do I, but just the same, there have been a lot of shitty gos at it and Bale's is far and away one of the better ones. So the "could be worse, could be Bale hurrr" crowd just seems really...I don't know, spoiled? Short-sighted? Something.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Neither do I, but just the same, there have been a lot of shitty gos at it and Bale's is far and away one of the better ones. So the "could be worse, could be Bale hurrr" crowd just seems really...I don't know, spoiled? Short-sighted? Something.

"Full of shit nails" it pretty good.

stn

He's become a very solid actor, I can't imagine him as Batman but that might just change! There were some better choices but we'll see what happens. Jon Hamm would have made an amazing Bruce Wayne, Batman not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom