• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.
2dad16798cc537c89d5931777935b89c.jpg

It's like they didn't get a single one of my fanfic scripts.

Relax guys. I mean, I loved me some Dark Knight, but in the end, this is a movie about a guy in leather fighting another guy in leather who can fly. It's not life-altering.

My mom called me out of nowhere this morning to ask if I had heard about this.
she doesn't even like Batman movies but kept saying how this was such a horrible choice
and she loves Ben Affleck.

Im starting to think WB has a huge problem on their hands.

Ahasverus

But what can they do? Call him and tell him "Hey, Ben, people don't likeyou, you're fired"? I don't think so. Nothing stops this train.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I'm not as outraged as many of you seem to be. I was mildly chocked when I first read it, yes, but Affleck is not awful, he's really not. I think this can work. Although, yeah, him having previously played Daredevil makes it a little weird.

Joeki11a

Banned
I think people are assuming too much...

He supposed to be a Elder Bruce Wayne
Also this is a Superman movie so you wont see Batman like you think
you will.

Oh btw I am Legend called this on the first scene in fake time square
Billboard with the same exact logo design

I don't get this upcoming movie....is it a Superman movie with a Batman cameo? Is it Superman vs Batman? Is it a remake of Dark Knight Returns? The whole thing just reeks of "we want dat avengers $"

Monocle

If they had to cast a recognizable star, couldn't they at least have chosen someone who fits the role? Somehow I doubt Affleck is going to pull a Heath Ledger and blow away the naysayers with a brilliant performance. I hope that happens, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Ben Affleck is ACTING in the Batman/Superman movie? Sweet, innocent, talented Ben? He should be behind the camera NOT in front of it! Get rid of Snyder and have Affleck direct the movie. Although, he would probably go in the Nolan direction. He lacks the menace and gravitas required for the character. Poor choice, should have gone with a newcomer.

MYE

Comic fans raging at Afleck? lol
This movie is gonna be a complete piece of shit because of Snyder.

But sure, hate Afleck

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I don't get this upcoming movie....is it a Superman movie with a Batman cameo? Is it Superman vs Batman? Is it a remake of Dark Knight Returns? The whole thing just reeks of "we want dat avengers $"
It's Superman vs Batman
, with a villain behind the curtains who they will fight together

Joeki11a

Banned

Its Bruce vs Luther the money boardroom battles and Bruce assists Clark and eventually reveals himself as Batman, setting up the Justice Movie.

Still dreaming this movie is going to be a recreation of "Battle of the Superheroes" from Batman: Brave and the Bold. Still by far the greatest clash of Superman and Batman in any medium.

MisterHero

Superman and Batman will probably fight for 20 minutes then rid the world of petty evil. Then Darkseid will show up and spread Neo-Evil, creating a need for new superheroes. Man of Steel 3 becomes Superman and the Justice League.

Superman and Batman is the greatest teamup known to comic books. However, given Snyder's favoritism for Frank Miller's work, we're probably gonna get Batman treating Superman like a meathead.

I just want a World's Finest movie so badly. =(

They should revive the old Batman vs. Superman script where Batman loses it because Joker killed his wife or something. Now it should be because MoS's Wayne satellite fell on his wife.

RPGCrazied

Lets all think of who would be better than Ben. Who would you want to see?

I think Anson Mount or Scott Adkins would be the better choice.

dyls

I'm just glad they finally picked an actor who's believable physically as Batman. Everyone else has been too short (Keaton, Clooney) and/or scrawny (Bale). Kilmer was probably the closest but that movie had far bigger problems. And there's no doubt that Affleck will get ripped for this.

His acting will be fine and his voice can only be an improvement over the tortured growl of Bale. I'm all for it.

RedShift

I really just do not care for the guy as an actor. His voice kind of annoys me.

Didn't really like MoS that much so I guess I'm going to save all my 2015 superhero movie hype for Age of Ultron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom