• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Ben wasn't the only bad thing about DD. The entire movie and all involved were bad.

And pulling out the "true" fan card :lol. If you've been reading Batman comics for a while then you've seen things MUCH worse than the casting of an actor you don't like in a movie directed by a guy who has only made one really good film. How do you know he doesn't understand the material? Were Bale or Nolan huge fans of the comics?

I liked DD Directors Cut. The changes were pretty different.

MisterHero

Let's break this down for a moment, shall we? WB goes with one of our generation's greatest actors who is also an accomplished director to boot and people are upset? I mean, has no one here seen Good Will Hunting? The Town? Argo? SMH.
Good Will Hunting II: Hunting Season was pretty badass

- J - D -

Saw this floating around:

tumblr_mrzu9tniJP1r2kbs0o1_500.jpg

Loofy

Daredevil was great. The people that didn't like it are probably the same ones that liked that shitty punisher movie with thomas jane.

Yamauchi

Banned
It's hard to judge at this point. I don't hate Ben Affleck just because "lol Affleck" -- in fact, I thought The Town was one of the better movies I've seen in the last few years. My main problem with him as Batman would be that he has soft, slightly feminine facial features (no cheek bones, no jaw line, etc.):

M_Id_379888_Ben_Affleck_.jpg

He looks a lot like me, actually, and I've never felt that I was very masculine. That said, he may totally nail the role and it could be a great flick.

sfedai0

Banned
So hes the opposite of Bale. Bale did a great Wayne but a horrible Batman. Affleck already looks great shopped as Batman. Just cant quite imagine him playing a suave playboy.

But, I think it time for MAJOR Character roles like this to have some real director and writers that understand the image of the content and stop putting shit Movies out.

That should be your main concern, god tier actors don't mean crap, if people managing them lack the ability to make use of their acting skills.

Blader

So hes the opposite of Bale. Bale did a great Wayne but a horrible Batman. Affleck already looks great shopped as Batman. Just cant quite imagine him playing a suave playboy.

Probably won't matter as much if this Bruce Wayne is supposed to be an older hardass.

I hope they ditch the all-black look land use a gray bat suit.

Say what you will about Snyder's talents as a director - he's probably the best bet to get a Batsuit that will look legitimately good onscreen. Not a giant rubber tank like Keaton wore, not the smattering of plastic chunks that was Bale's suit.

I find it a questionable choice, just due to he is such a familiar actor. I'll also admit I've never seen Argo and need to watch The Town in its entirety to judge, though he is at least serviceable (if not the potential to dominate) to the role of Bruce Wayne. Batman will just be a wait and see sort of thing. Snyder isn't the worst of bringing out the performance in actors, and I believe Cavill and Shannon demonstrated that. Watchmen and Dawn of the Dead also had some great performances for the material given.

I also think it's absolutely BS with people judging on Daredevil. Outside of Michael Clark Duncan, he was probably the next best thing in that film. Horrible choreography, cinematography, direction, and writing...there was so much wrong with that film that blaming Affleck is about the laziest critiques I've seen.

There's also a lot of extreme assumptions on the plot of this. We know that Bats and Supes will be against each other at some point of the film, but that doesn't mean it's going to be played out for the entire film in the same fashion as the brawl scenes in Man of Steel.

Vestal

I really didn't care much for Bales Wayne. Maybe cause I was spoiled by Keaton.

sfedai0

Banned
I really didn't care much for Bales Wayne. Maybe cause I was spoiled by Keaton.

Oh, no comparison when it comes to Keaton. He was the only one that was able to relay the brooding and anguished side of Wayne. Bale just played a good suave douchebag playboy.

Bale was a good Bats, he just had writers who didn't capitalize on certain attributes that make Batman Batman ie. his detective skills. Other than that, I feel he did much better than any of his predecessors including Keaton.

Also

1175580_203234213176401_1421006645_n.jpg

Cloudy

Banned
This is so ridiculous. Ignoring the fact that Affleck is a great choice, don't people have other things to be mad about?

tumblr_mrzu9tniJP1r2kbs0o1_500.jpg

Whelp, my complaints just went away. His chin works and he actually is a good actor. This could work.

JESUS CHRIST ....People ,if you are easily fooled ,by a Great Photoshop editing.

You might deserve a ASS movie in the making.

My OWN Personal opinion about Ben Affleck is that his real life demeanor is to silly and loose for this role.

He's not dark enough for the character role.

His voice and intimidation attitude have to be on point ,some thing Ben doesn't have on his Best acting days.

We have to be more Concerned about the Character , cause if I was the Creator and DC I'll be shit mad about some of the content that got pushed out in the past years.

Plain and Simple we have to get this right!!!

nullref

It's kind of a weird choice, but he could be fine as Batman in the right movie. The big problem for this movie has nothing to do with casting and everything to do with having the same creative team as Man of Steel.

Hystzen

This is so ridiculous. Ignoring the fact that Affleck is a great choice, don't people have other things to be mad about?

NO MAN YOU MUST MOAN ABOUT THIS

HE WAS DAREDEVIL IN THAT FILM YEARS AGO HE IS SHIT IT NOT LIKE HE WON OSCARS OR ANYTHING

Protein

Banned
"No. No, no no no. Fuck you, you don't owe it to yourself man, you owe it to me. Cuz tomorrow I'm gonna wake up and I'll be 50, and I'll still be doin' this shit. And thas all right. Thas fine. I mean, you're sittin' on a winnin' lottery ticket. And you're too much of a pussy to cash it in, and that's bullshit. 'Cause I'd do fuckin' anything to have what you got. So would any of these fuckin' guys. It'd be an insult to us if you're still here in 20 years. Hangin' around here is a fuckin' waste of your time, Clahk."

Lebron

Just imagine when they announce Idris Elba as the new Bond.

It will be the exact opp of this, since everyone loves the Elba.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom