• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
It's come to this lol

lYB2omH.png

Effect

Just imagine when they announce Idris Elba as the new Bond.

It will be the exact opp of this, since everyone loves the Elba.

Oh you'd see racist responses and comments this world has never seen before if that were to happen. Anyone think they know with what vile ugliness looks like now? Let that a black actor be announced as Bond! As much as I'd like to see it and it could work out in the end, the actual announcement would be pure hell to witness.

Back on Ben Affleck. I think this response would be the same no matter who they picked. There also seems to be a lot of "me too" behavior going on with people wanting to be apart of the discussion but having nothing to really add. This will all be over with soon anyway and then a lot of people will change their tune after the first footage and images come out.

Also is it wrong to get some enjoyment out of seeing some of the hardcore comic fanboys loss their shit and act (with some degree of sincerity) like their actual world is crumbling before their eyes over a simple announcement?

I'm also dreading this with the new Star Wars films. Coupled with the comments that are going to fly about what Ford, Fisher, and Hamill look like if they are going to apart of it as well. Another round of stupid that I really don't to be witness to but going have to choice for the first few days.

Mononoke

Banned
All I know is, I think Bale was a good Bruce Wayne but an okay Batman. I've always found it strange how much of a pass Bale got for some of those terrible line deliveries. So while I agree Ben isn't the best actor, I'm not willing to write him off that early.

Xiaoki

This all reminds me of when Daniel Craig was announced as Bond.

How about when Micheal Keaton was announced as Batman. Yeah, pretty much same reaction.

Or how about when Heath Ledger was announced as Joker. That was way worse.

When it comes to idiotic nerd rage history NEVER fails to repeat itself.

Or Ben Affleck. It's one of the two!

Probably both in this case. But it's more Affleck circa 2003.

Aren't Leia and Han supposed to have a daughter? I find myself expecting a shit storm from that casting as well.

Twins (boy and girl) and also another son. Though don't know if this movie will go down that track or not.

both of those are fitting choices for Star Wars though

Rhys Meyers would be an excellent Sith

Both amazing actors. I would be ecstatic for Rhys Meyers in Star Wars.

Effect

You know what.

Val Kilmer was a good Batman. He got shafted in that shitty movie.

I liked Val Kilmer's Batman. The story isn't that great but and it was interesting way to end that previous trilogy. I like to discount Batman & Robin since that didn't seem like it had any connection story wise to the previous three films and it was just a bad film all around. Forever looked like it possibly could have fit in the same world as Batman and Batman Returns in a number of ways.

Twins (boy and girl) and also another son. Though don't know if this movie will go down that track or not.

I really hope it doesn't. Especailly with how they ended up in the expanded universe. Rather they give them children but that be it. Take nothing from the novels regarding them and develop them starting with nothing to pull from. Same if they give Luke a child. Don't just adapt his son from the books.

.GqueB.

Banned
All I know is, I think Bale was a good Bruce Wayne but an okay Batman. I've always found it strange how much of a pass Bale got for some of those terrible line deliveries. So while I agree Ben isn't the best actor, I'm not willing to write him off that early.

Yup. Yuuuuuuuup! He produced some really awful shit when he put on that mask.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm totally on board with Ben as Batman. The amount of hate and absurd bs now coming from this makes it easy to get behind the idea of him as Bats. I hope he takes this hate towards him and uses it to channel the GODDAMN BATMAN.

I really hope it doesn't. Especailly with how they ended up in the expanded universe. Rather they give them children but that be it. Take nothing from the novels regarding them and development them starting with nothing to pull from. Same if they give Luke a child. Don't just adapt his son from the books.

Totally agree with that mate.

Rich!

To be totally honest, all Ben Affleck needs to do is look at Daniel Craig.

Announced as Bond. Vocal selection of fans made their voices heard. Petitions, name calling, all that.

Ends up being the highest grossing and most critically acclaimed Bond actor in the entire 50 years of the franchise on film.

I'm starting to feel sorry for Ben.

*remembers he has millions*

Deal with it, Ben!

Tons of people have millions of dollars.

This dude has had sex with Jennifer Garner and Jennifer Lopez at their peak, has two Oscars one of which he won in his mid-20's and he is the Goddamn Batman.

3N16MA

Banned
I'm starting to feel sorry for Ben.

*remembers he has millions*

Deal with it, Ben!

Ben is laughing at this. He went through having his every step covered and the media stalking his ass when he was dating Jennifer Lopez. Then no one wanted anything to do with him in Hollywood and everyone thought he was done. He had to watch his best friend reach the top of Hollywood while he was going nowhere.

This is nothing to him.

Jarmel

Banned
How about when Micheal Keaton was announced as Batman. Yeah, pretty much same reaction.

Or how about when Heath Ledger was announced as Joker. That was way worse.

When it comes to idiotic nerd rage history NEVER fails to repeat itself.

So are we allowed to call all you people out if Ben is mediocre or bad? People have already explained why they doubt he's a good fit in this thread and how the Ledger case doesn't apply at all.

Epcott

It's amazing how many people were pretty "meh" at this news.

Personally, I thought they would go with John Hamm, or at least Joe Manganiello.

- J - D -

So are we allowed to call all you people out if Ben is mediocre or bad? People have already explained why they doubt he's a good fit in this thread and how the Ledger case doesn't apply at all.

The Keaton case does. He was Mr. Mom. And yes, you can call us terrible reasonable people who are willing to give Affleck a chance on our shit if it turns out bad.

Jedi2016

Came here for the reaction gifs, not disappointed.

As for the topic... I'm not really worried about how he plays Batman directly. Being in the suit does most of the work for you, I'm sure he'll be fine. My concern is that I don't think he can play a good Bruce Wayne. Bale did an excellent job at making the two one and the same, I don't really Affleck doing justice to what Nolan created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom