• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bernie or Busters are flocking Philly to protest DNC, city projecting 35-50k protesto

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
No, I am not okay with Trump being elected. I am not okay with neither Hillary or Trump being elected. I'm not voting for him or her & instead am voting for a 3rd party.

So you're not okay with Trump being elected, but you're not willing to do anything to stop him being elected.

It kind of sounds like you're okay with a white supremacist being elected.

I find the argument that a voter is or isn't OK with candidate A because of 'x' reasons to be pretty poor. You can't objectively argue for or against another person's resolve or intent.

A better argument is to simply tell them the consequences of their actions or inactions. It's a lot more effective as an argument as well. You'll get nowhere by trying to tell someone that you know their opinions better than they do.

So you're not okay with Trump being elected, but you're not willing to do anything to stop him being elected.

It kind of sounds like you're okay with a white supremacist being elected.

I'm not okay with EITHER candidate being elected. Hence why I will not be voting for either candidate. Its a pretty simple train of logic to follow.

I like how you edited the remainder of my post in order to remove my reasoning for bringing up the TPP - I am well aware she has backtracked & said she wouldn't sign the TPP, but Kaine is a staunch supporter of the TPP, and I FULLY believe she will either backtrack yet again & sign the TPP, or sign something that is identical to it but features a different title.

yeah speaking of pretty simple trains of logic, i'm having a hard time meshing "would enthusiastically vote Obama for a third term" with "would not vote for a TPP supporter"

I'm not okay with EITHER candidate being elected. Hence why I will not be voting for either candidate. Its a pretty simple train of logic to follow.

Fuck everyone else. I got mine.

Beautiful attitude.

Screw the gay people, Muslims, and everyone else the GOP hates. You didn't get the candidate of your choice.... so fuck them.

B4s5C

Just a little poem I think about when reading politics:

I’ve never seen a lazy man;
I’ve seen a man who never ran
while I watched him, and I’ve seen
a man who sometimes slept between
lunch and dinner, and who’d stay
at home upon a rainy day,
but he was not a lazy man.
Before you call me crazy,
think, was he a lazy man or
did he just do things we label “lazy”?

I’ve never seen a stupid kid;
I’ve seen a kid who sometimes did
things I didn’t understand
or things in ways I hadn’t planned;
I’ve seen a kid who hadn’t seen
the same places where I had been,
but he was not a stupid kid.
Before you call him stupid,
think, was he a stupid kid or did he
just know different things than you did?

I’ve looked as hard as I can look
but never ever seen a cook;
I saw a person who combined
ingredients on which we dined,
A person who turned on the heat
and watched the stove that cook the meat –
I saw those things but not a cook.
Tell me when you’re looking,
is it a cook you see or is it someone
doing things that we call cooking?

What some of us call lazy
some call tired or easy-going,
what some of us call stupid
some just call a different knowing,
so I’ve come to the conclusion,
it will save us all confusion
if we don’t mix up what we can see
with what is our opinion.
Because you may, I want to say also;
I know that’s only my opinion.

-Ruth Bebermeyer

Take a second yall and be empathetic and compassionate. That's unity.

Sneakers, if you're willing to see a judicial shiv stuck into your causes for the next few decades, then you don't really give a damn about 'em as much as you claim you do.

And no amount of rhetoric changes this.
I'm waiting on this thread's version of your lengthy posts asking Busters and abstainers to acknowledge the USSC angle. And then for it to be subsequently ignored. It's a hallmark interaction in political threads on GAF these days.

yeah speaking of pretty simple trains of logic, i'm having a hard time meshing "would enthusiastically vote Obama for a third term" with "would not vote for a TPP supporter"

Also said in my post that he was neither perfect, but he's better than these two. He at least has plenty of challenges on that front. I fully believe she's being dishonest with regards to her intention with the TPP.

Lkr

Beautiful attitude.

Screw the gay people, Muslims, and everyone else the GOP hates. You didn't get the candidate of your choice.... so fuck them.

lol if someone votes for Jill Stein or Gary Johnson what is it to you?
this just in: you can vote for whoever you want

Square2015

CNN has just said there are "thousands" protesting at the moment. They are chanting "hell no DNC we won't vote for Hillary".

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

I like how you edited the remainder of my post in order to remove my reasoning for bringing up the TPP - I am well aware she has backtracked & said she wouldn't sign the TPP, but Kaine is a staunch supporter of the TPP, and I FULLY believe she will either backtrack yet again & sign the TPP, or sign something that is identical to it but features a different title.

So you are okay with letting republicans get the presidency and a firm lock on SCOTUS for a generation while they have Congress and a majority of the state govenrments? So what about the TPP woul be worse economically (lets just assume you dont care about the cultural disaster this will be) than that happening?

HylianTom

Banned
I'm waiting on this thread's version of your lengthy posts asking Busters and abstainers to acknowledge the USSC angle. And then for it to be subsequently ignored. It's a hallmark interaction in political threads on GAF these days.
They don't have an answer.

We're continuing the pattern: crickets.

They say they care, but they can't explain how their planned behavior is consistent with such a claim.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Gore, Kerry, Obama 2x (would love a 3rd).

President Obama wasn't perfect, but its much better than any of the potential incoming slate.

My problems with Hillary aren't so much her proposed positions (although I have a ton of thoughts on a few points on that), but rather things outside of the platform, and I also will not be voting for someone who is backing the TPP (Kaine is a staunch supporter, and while Hillary has flip flopped on this, I do think she'll sign it or something similar but with a different title once elected despite saying she wouldn't).

You say this as if either of these two candidates will make any significant steps towards placing the country in a far more ideal position.

Don't worry though - i'll be voting down-ticket democrat for every position on the ballot outside of POTUS this election.

Look, if your vote is purely symbolic, and you want Trump to lose, then vote for Clinton and write a snide Tweet. This year's ballot box is not a sandbox for principles or philosophy. One of the candidates is an incompetent amateur-Fascist and the other is a hair's breadth from Obama on policy, but with the added baggage of twenty years of Republican assault.

If nothing else, please consider the strength and resiliency of her bulwark in the face of that assault.

And in all caps, for massive damage:

SUPREME COURT.

Trump is not only a vain, racist, thin-skinned incpomeptent blowhard, he's also a perfect vector for the most evil, quiet, patient parts of the party. In the unlikely event he wins, he will be as malleable and easily-influenced as he is egotistical and insensible.

Vote for the court.
Vote against racism.
Vote for our reputation and influence as a nation.

Those are all universally excellent principles. A petard is not for self-hoisting.

cdyhybrid

Also said in my post that he was neither perfect, but he's better than these two. He at least has plenty of challenges on that front. I fully believe she's being dishonest with regards to her intention with the TPP.

Can you explain why you're not interested in voting for a candidate that will appoint liberal Supreme Court justices?

Hillary has actually built a relationship with many leaders throughout the country over several decades. If she was complete talk and was clearly shilling for the black vote, they'd eventually see right through her. But alas, she continues to do well.

Lol it's all talk and shilling for the black vote and that will not help. Trust me. She won't fight for them and they will be on their own against a rigged system as usual: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1252050

Blacks will struggle big time under the reign of Hillary Clinton because they'll be an afterthought in her admin despite her rhetoric. The blind faith in Democrats is misplaced. The above link is what happens to so many minorities across the country under Obama's reign. His admin and advisers have failed in virtually every way.

Hillary wants to continue Obama's legacy of treating blacks like an afterthought. Her relationships are worthless and won't put food on the table, money in their pockets, or motigate oppression under a rigged system where they're dead last if you exclude Native Americans. Both sides are very bad and only one candidate can break the cycle and fix it.

Lol it's all talk and shilling for the black vote and that will not help. Trust me. She won't fight for them and they will be on their own against a rigged system as usual: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1252050

Blacks will struggle big time under the reign of Hillary Clinton because they'll be an afterthought in her admin despite her rhetoric. The blind faith in Democrats is misplaced. The above link is what happens to so many minorities across the country under Obama's reign. His admin and advisers have failed in virtually every way.

Hillary wants to continue Obama's legacy of treating blacks like an afterthought. Her relationships are worthless and won't put food on the table, money in their pockets, or motigate oppression under a rigged system where they're dead last if you exclude Native Americans. Both sides are very bad and only one candidate can break the cycle and fix it.

Let me guess....

image.php

The name is quite fitting, no?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Which candidate is that? Accelerationism doesnt turn out well for minorities.

B4s5C

Both sides are very bad and only one candidate can break the cycle and fix it.

"Not me, us."

Remember, its more than one person, its about a political revolution. Getting people involved in politics and excited about the issues. Being open-minded and open-hearted to all, rather than letting anyone or thing divide us.

lol if someone votes for Jill Stein or Gary Johnson what is it to you?
this just in: you can vote for whoever you want

Yes you can. No one said you couldn't.

I can also drive a car off a cliff.

...just because I CAN do it doesn't make it not stupid.

Beautiful attitude.

Haha. The salt in this.

If they don't like the choices they are presented they shouldn't have to vote.

So their message is Bernie was a fart in the wind? I don't get it. Hillary has had sex with Bill Clinton, I doubt seriously the woman is dissuaded by odor.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Haha. The salt in this.

Not voting or voting 3rd party is the same as half voting for Trump.
It seems you are the salty one.

Lkr

Not voting or voting 3rd party is the same as half voting for Trump.
It seems you are the salty one.

no. not even close. there are people out there that NEVER backed Clinton from the start, and were never going to vote for her. some of those people happen to be Bernie supporters. would you rather have them vote TRUMP or 3rd party/no show? I think I know the answer to this question

Haha. The salt in this.

So don't pretend like that doesn't bring with it grave consequences.

No it is not.

Stop trying to equate that.

It's eerily similar to Bush's "You're either with me or against me" rhetoric.

The only feat accomplished by voting for anyone but Hillary at this point, is that you are increasing the odds of Trump winning.
Well, that and to give you the ability to say 'I got mine so fuck you'.

pigeon

Banned

"Logic" is kind of a stretch.

If you aren't willing to take action to prevent something from happening, you are clearly okay with it.

Voting for Hillary is the best action to prevent a white nationalist from taking over America. If you are like, nah, can't do that, I don't see a better conclusion than that you are basically okay with white nationalism.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I actually agree with you, that Hillary not only won't, but really, politically can't do the really serious shit that needs to start happening for and with black people in America. But to pretend she's "the same" is embarrassing and you should be embarrassed at the same intensity as if your avatar wasn't post-ironic.

But you should also consider that the things black people need are basically a magnified version of the things poor and working class people need, with some incredibly complicated addendum.

But in terms of scale, "both sides are very bad" is a fucking ridiculous statement, because it implies a symmetry.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
no. not even close. there are people out there that NEVER backed Clinton from the start, and were never going to vote for her. some of those people happen to be Bernie supporters. would you rather have them vote TRUMP or 3rd party/no show? I think I know the answer to this question

No it is not.

Voting for Trump +1 Votes Trump
Voting for Nobody +.5 Votes Trump and +.5 Votes Hillary
Voting for Hillary +1 Votes Hillary

Madness

Beautiful attitude.

This kind of narrative is precisely what puts people off from voting. If Hillary doesn't win without you guilting or forcing people into voting for her, then newsflash, in a democratic country another candidate got more votes.

The statement that if you don't vote for Hillary you are essentially killing gays and muslims is ridiculous. Blame Trump and his supporters if he is elected. Nothing is more undemocratic to me than forcing someone to vote for someone they DO NOT WANT TO VOTE FOR. Of course you'd want people to see that Hillary aligns more with their ideals than Trump and that her Supreme Court nominees would influence decisions for decades, but if people don't want to vote for her, FOH with that if you don't vote you're responsible and to blame and just as bad as Trump.

Again, good to know your perspective is that Neo-Nazis running America will probably be fine. Helps to clarify where you're coming from.

Arguing with these people is just a waste of time, really. Forget about the SCOTUS. Forget about all the minority groups that are maliciously being persecuted. Forget a woman's right of choice.

In an election between George W Bush and Hilter, the answer is obvious.

yeah, everything needs to be as democratic as possible no matter what and people should never be faced with the consequences of their actions, we get it

No it is not. A vote for Trump is a vote for Trump. A vote for Hilary is a vote for Hilary. Not voting for either is not a vote for either. Seems pretty straight forward.

I'm sorry it's a bitter pill to swallow, but voting third party is effectively doing nothing. It is your right, however.

Exactly... Also why did you link a Noam Chomsky video that is like 9 minutes long?

Again, good to know your perspective is that Neo-Nazis running America will probably be fine. Helps to clarify where you're coming from.

Again... That's not what is being said, and I'm not fine with that either.

If you're white and wealthy

Yeah, if Trump wins. But he won't.

And again... for Dems... you all really like the "you're either with me or against me" line of thought.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This kind of narrative is precisely what puts people off from voting. If Hillary doesn't win without you guilting or forcing people into voting for her, then newsflash, in a democratic country another candidate got more votes.

The statement that if you don't vote for Hillary you are essentially killing gays and muslims is ridiculous. Blame Trump and his supporters if he is elected. Nothing is more undemocratic to me than forcing someone to vote for someone they DO NOT WANT TO VOTE FOR. Of course you'd want people to see that Hillary aligns more with their ideals than Trump and that her Supreme Court nominees would influence decisions for decades, but if people don't want to vote for her, FOH with that if you don't vote you're responsible and to blame and just as bad as Trump.

I agree, but Trump is actually like regularly retweeting antisemites and neonazis these days so I feel like people need to vote against him or we're in trouble :(

dream

No it is not.

It's amazing to watch the left gradually adopt the same tactics that they once decried the right for using. This thread alone is a great example; people are trying to shame, insult, and guilt trip people into voting for Hillary. What's next? Threatening violence against people who aren't fully on board with Hillary?

Zornack

Yeah let's stick our heads in the sand and pretend this isn't an election between racism and liberalism. Neither candidate aligns with me 100% so fuck em all, right?

Either you vote for Hillary or you're okay with Donald Trump and every hateful thing he represents to be in charge of this country.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
It most likely won't bring any grave consequences.

Gay rights, abortion, campaign finance reform...these arent that important. I mean we can see what republicans are doing to those things on a state level so clearly they arent gonna do anything like that on a federal level even though they will have control of every branch of government.

So yeah no grave consequences...for you.

BERNIE BUSTER: I support Bernie Sanders and everything he says!!

BERNIE: I implore you to vote Hillary Clinton this November and stop Donald Trump.

BERNIE BUSTER: lol no I'll just vote Jill Stein or write Radiohead lyrics all over the ballot or something

It's not guilt tripping, it's the reality of the situation. It sucks, yea, but these are the cards we're being dealt with. Hillary wasn't my first choice and she wasn't even my second. The fact is Trump can't get anywhere near the White House, period.

People who downplay a Trump presidency haven't been paying attention at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom