• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better PS2 Trilogy: R&C or Jak?

AniHawk

BigGreenMat said:
Well I think that you have to respect Jak and Daxter a bit more because Ratchet and Clank is basically a game built around what Jak and Daxter builds. Naughty Dog develops all of the technology and then Insomniac simply puts Ratchet and Clank on top of it. A lot of the credit Ratchet and Clank might get falls on the foundations that Jak and Daxter and Naughty Dog put down.

Well yeah, ND lent Insomniac the tech, but if you're going to talk about it in those terms, you should probably go back to Banjo-Kazooie or SM64.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigGreenMat said:
Well I think that you have to respect Jak and Daxter a bit more because Ratchet and Clank is basically a game built around what Jak and Daxter builds. Naughty Dog develops all of the technology and then Insomniac simply puts Ratchet and Clank on top of it. A lot of the credit Ratchet and Clank might get falls on the foundations that Jak and Daxter and Naughty Dog put down.

Elaborate, because a lot of games go back to the foundations of Pong. The only thing that R&C really took from Jak was the graphics engine and some of the vehicle manipulation in R&C3, other than that I am totally lost on your comment. If anything Jak takes from R&C.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I like the Ratchet & Clank series much better. I still need to pick up the third one sometime soon.

Top Bottom