• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BF4's Big Winter Patch Available now - Patch Notes

wow, nice to see some guys at Dice still working on significant updates to this game :) i should boot up BF4 after this is available on the PS4.

Trojan

Color me impressed with this kind of support.

People are also referencing DICE LA for helping fix the game. Can someone point me at an article or explain what specificly they've done?

Ardenyal

Still not 1080p and it still has snap auto aim on consoles. I got more value out of Evolve than BF4, which is pretty sad.

Cool for those who enjoy the game though.

Color me impressed with this kind of support.

People are also referencing DICE LA for helping fix the game. Can someone point me at an article or explain what specificly they've done?

DICE LA took over the majority of the game post Naval Strike.

Along with expansions, they have created and worked on the numerous patches and community initiatives since taking over, currently they're working on night maps (free) and the community led make a map for BF4/6th DLC.

DICE have still played a small part since though.

LogicStep

SOLDIER TRAVERSAL AND COLLISION

Significant improvements have been made to how the soldier traverses the world. Walking over small objects, inclines and lips is now handled gracefully by the engine – it really has to be played to feel the immense difference this makes!

Thank you! About time, hate how you get stuck instead of walking over any stupid thing.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dang, sounds great.
Will try it tonight.

Hoje0308

Banned
Can't believe it took this long to get a game from DICE in which my elite soldier is able to traverse the sort of obstacles that most toddlers don't have much trouble with.

When are they going to fix the class service star bug?.... It's so slow trying to rank to 150 with out all the service star points..even with the boosts..

Edit...still grateful for all they have done

terrainlhug5.jpg

No idea if it's fixed. It resets on loads/maps and is generally bugged out.

What the fuck, you're telling me you lose features on Ultra.

LMAO

I don't know why I expected there to be winter versions of some of the current maps, slightly disappointed that its not there. Not sure where I got that idea from.

The patch notes look brilliant though. Support for this game has been incredible. I especially like the playlists, in particular large scale battle!

Battlefield 4 is the game that broke my heart. I loved Battlefield 2 and Bad Company 2, and relatively enjoyed 3.

For those who still play, is it worth jumping back in? Had it on PS4, but wanted to pick it up on PC, just worried that I'll be completely outclassed by high level players.

I've just recently started playing again after being pissed at how poor BF4 was and with the launch it and and the bugs which were in place with the second assault maps, even though they fixed the EXACT SAME bugs in BF3 and I....love this game.

• In combat system now temporarily disables Medic Bag healing based on damage taken and incoming suppression increase
• In combat system now temporarily disables First Aid Kit healing based on damage taken

Anyone explain this a bit better? Not too sure what that means

derExperte

• In combat system now temporarily disables Medic Bag healing based on damage taken and incoming suppression increase
• In combat system now temporarily disables First Aid Kit healing based on damage taken

Anyone explain this a bit better? Not too sure what that means

You don't get healed while getting hit/shot at.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Haven't gotten the patch yet, or really played in ages, but it's about damn time they addressed that annoying shit where you got stuck on and had to vault over the tiniest of things on the ground.

To think that they thought that that was okay for over a year.

Vashetti

Banned
Haven't gotten the patch yet, or really played in ages, but it's about damn time they addressed that annoying shit where you got stuck on and had to vault over the tiniest of things on the ground.

Can confirm this works great on PS4, don't seem to get caught on anything now. Great update so far.

Theorry

That getting stuck over edges wasnt really a problem before. It started to happen more when the last time they increased the movement speed to be more in line with BF3.

For those who still play, is it worth jumping back in? Had it on PS4, but wanted to pick it up on PC, just worried that I'll be completely outclassed by high level players.

IMO, it's the best all-around Battlefield experience in its current state. Very few complaints.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
To be perfectly honest Battlefield 4 is in a pretty strong state now, at least for me, and has been for a little while. Crashes are a rarity and the game as a whole seems to perform and play well. A great BF4 match is borderline unbeatable. Most of my issues at this point come down to the game design itself, particularly the unlock grinds. A lot of the maps are well designed and balanced, and the combat feels good.

But I still haven't pre-ordered Hardline and won't be pre-ordering Battlefield 5 as despite the quality state it's in now those early launch days burned me fucking hard. Gonna need a quality product at launch, not fixed down the track, to win me over.

Note: I'll probably buckle for Battlefront 3.

ultra terrain decoration works as intended. there is a bug where one of the lower settings applies the combined ground detail from all settings tho. this is what people are thinking ultra is suppose to look like, but its not.

Interesting! Did not know that.

yeah, sounds like a game changer, was incredibly annoying.

OneUh8

This game is so good now. Well it has been a good for a good while now actually. Was frustrating at launch, but they have made good on it and it plays so good on PS4. I may have to jump back in.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Can confirm this works great on PS4, don't seem to get caught on anything now. Great update so far.

Glad to read that, it was one of my biggest annoyances about the game. I'll hop on tonight just to try it out for myself too then.

Still not 1080p and it still has snap auto aim on consoles. I got more value out of Evolve than BF4, which is pretty sad.

Cool for those who enjoy the game though.

You can turn the auto-aim off, right?

I can't wait to jump back into this. I haven't played most of the DLC maps. Gimme them snow maps.

Sojgat

This game is so good now. Well it has been a good for a good while now actually. Was frustrating at launch, but they have made good on it and it plays so good on PS4. I may have to jump back in.

My biggest issues have always been the rubberbanding, and the bad hit detection (PS4).

Both have been persistent.

Is there any way to have a party and join a game yet? Just looking to play with my brother easily online.

Squad join? its been there for a while.

You can party up in squad join option, then either quick match any type of mode, or select maps/mode via a server browser.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
yeah, sounds like a game changer, was incredibly annoying.

Not even kidding, getting stuck on things even when I was the best player in the match would just mess up my mood, because you're never just stuck for a split-second. You always have to either fight to get over some ankle-high crap, or just say screw it and go around it.

RiverBed

Banned
• Required bandwidth close to cut in half Players with less stellar network connections should get a significant improvement, now able to use the High Frequency Update.
This is very good news as it will positively effect everyone.

Questions:
What are 'High Frequency Update'?
What are 'collision issues' in maps?
What are Premium Playlists? Did't understand the explanation. Are we talking map rotation? map/mode rotation?

CryptiK

Yay the patch bought in a gamebreaking bug where you are stack on the killcam screen fan-fucking-tastic work DICE

OneUh8

My biggest issues have always been the rubberbanding, and the bad hit detection (PS4).

Both have been persistent.

Yeah I remember that being a big issue for me (rubberbanding). Now I have not played much since August, but when I did I did not experience those issues. But like I said I have not played much.

Yay the patch bought in a gamebreaking bug where you are stack on the killcam screen fan-fucking-tastic work DICE

Where it follows the player that killed you until you cant do anything but quit out?

if that's it, its been there since launch, pretty fucking annoying.

Top Bottom