• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Xbox Game Coming to PlayStation Next week According to Shinobi

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Who doesnt love waiting an extra 2 years to play half of every years GOTY nominees, am i right?
Exactly

It’s why I don’t mind waiting for those PS games to come to PC

James Franco Flirt GIF

Humdinger

Assuming there is some substance to the rumor, I'd guess the game is something rather unexciting, for instance a port of a PC-centric game (Age of Empires, Flight Sim).

The reason I say this is that I believe MS is being careful (PR-wise) in how they roll out this "porting to Playstation" business. A little drip at a time. That's why I don't expect something like Indiana Jones or Starfield to be it. I think it'll be something that will technically fit the criteria of "big game" but will produce mostly yawns from the audience here.

Of course, I'm just shooting in the dark like everyone else. Who knows.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Draugoth

Gold Member
Never understood it, why did Shinobi leave Neogaf? when I first joined he was a pretty active here.

I wasn't here at the time, but by what i've looked into there was a mass exodus of people wih different political point of view, these people that included journalists like Shinobi left to make the purple forum

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I wasn't here at the time, but by what i've looked into there was a mass exodus of people wih different political point of view, these people that included journalists like Shinobi left to make the purple forum

Shinobi is not a journalist, he works at a developer or something and has contacts from other studios cause of that, from what I've read.

Fess

Who doesnt love waiting an extra 2 years to play half of every years GOTY nominees, am i right?
It’s okay, it’s not like a 9/10 turns into a 7/10 after a couple years. It’s the same game but patched up more and may have expansions included.

My problem with the PC delays was that I started buying everything twice. I always wanted to experience the superior PC version but had already done the first playthrough on the console and then never played til the end on PC.

So I went 100% PC instead. Today I go dark on everything until the port talk starts. Currently waiting for FFXVI and I haven’t seen anything besides the trailers pre-release. Hoping for some news at Gamescom. Rebirth, same there. Stellar Blade, I’ve played the demo but stayed out of everything else. Ronin, saw the fighting cowboy preview then went dark. It works but takes some patience, similar to how it is for Playstation-only gamers now with Microsoft exclusives, everything is ”old” but at least you get the most patched up version.

I didn't saw Sony fans crying and threatening when mlb not only came to Xbox but was a day 1 game on gp
So why does Xbox games coming to PS5 after years of release like flight sim or Forza horizon 5 is a problem ??

Klosshufvud

That place is an Orwellian wet dream.
Delete a post and act like it was never said.
Yup, it's like they coordinate all their posts from Discord or something and everyone are being kept in line behind the scenes. Half the thread titles read like blatant ads too. Like I have a hard time imagining this somehow represents actual video game fans and not just blatant advertising shills.

Sanepar

It’s okay, it’s not like a 9/10 turns into a 7/10 after a couple years. It’s the same game but patched up more and may have expansions included.

My problem with the PC delays was that I started buying everything twice. I always wanted to experience the superior PC version but had already done the first playthrough on the console and then never played til the end on PC.

So I went 100% PC instead. Today I go dark on everything until the port talk starts. Currently waiting for FFXVI and I haven’t seen anything besides the trailers pre-release. Hoping for some news at Gamescom. Rebirth, same there. Stellar Blade, I’ve played the demo but stayed out of everything else. Ronin, saw the fighting cowboy preview then went dark. It works but takes some patience, similar to how it is for Playstation-only gamers now with Microsoft exclusives, everything is ”old” but at least you get the most patched up version.
I did the same and I don't miss consoles for even a second.

Darsxx82

Don't think I would put much meaning behind that. Tom Warren hinted that he knew something as well.

Maybe Shinobi got into the "trouble" Warren was afraid of.

That makes you wonder how someone who works for several Studios, some on XBOX games and even first party IPs can constantly leak news and information and not have had any conflict.

I don't know the reason why he deleted the comment, it's not common for him to do so, but it also doesn't make sense to do it late when it has already gone viral like "I didn't say anything" and think that nothing happened.

Maybe the time has come when someone above has had enough and they have called him to order?

Fess

Don't think I would put much meaning behind that. Tom Warren hinted that he knew something as well.

Maybe Shinobi get into the "trouble" Warren was afraid of.

Why can’t they talk about something they’ve heard?
If I knew about something I would talk, 100%. Unless I had signed a contract not to talk, which I wouldn’t unless it was my workplace but then I definitely wouldn’t tease or hint or start rumours.

This is bugging me about the whole social segment of the industry. ”I know something you don’t know teheee!”. ”Can’t say what it is sorryyy!”. But let’s hint and tease with gifs and emotes to pull in more people to beg for answers I won’t give anyway on my social channel which turn me into a millionaire from views.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
That makes you wonder how someone who works for several Studios, some on XBOX games and even first party IPs can constantly leak news and information and not have had any conflict.

I don't know the reason why he deleted the comment, it's not common for him to do so, but it also doesn't make sense to do it late when it has already gone viral like "I didn't say anything" and think that nothing happened.

Maybe the time has come when someone above has had enough and they have called him to order?
Completely guessing here.....but I assume ppl can constantly leak things if its harder to pinpoint who it came from.

Whatever the reason for him going nuclear on his posts and that thread...hope he's safe.

If I knew about something I would talk, 100%. Unless I had signed a contract not to talk, which I wouldn’t unless it was my workplace but then I definitely wouldn’t tease or hint or start rumours.

This is bugging me about the whole social segment of the industry. ”I know something you don’t know teheee!”. ”Can’t say what it is sorryyy!”. But let’s hint and tease with gifs and emotes to pull in more people to beg for answers I won’t give anyway on my social channel which turn me into a millionaire from views.

Shinobi works in the gaming industry. Big players like MS can easily bully him out if they want.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Can only speak from personal experience but most times they pick and choose to actually reveal things they heard depends on who told them and how much they need to protect their source

Fess

Shinobi works in the gaming industry. Big players like MS can easily bully him out if they want.
Doesn’t matter where he works, all they could do is ask him kindly to take down the post. As long as he’s not working for them and haven’t signed any NDAs.
If MS have trouble keeping secrets locked up then that’s their problem.

Doesn’t matter where he works, all they could do is ask him kindly to take down the post. As long as he’s not working for them and haven’t signed any NDAs.
If MS have trouble keeping secrets locked up then that’s their problem.

Yes it does. Just because you can do whatever the fuck you want within the law doesn't mean you can do so without reprucussions. That's not how life works.

Fess

Yes it does. Just because you can do whatever the fuck you want within the law doesn't mean you can do so without reprucussions. That's not how life works.
So what can they do if he’s not breaking any laws or NDAs?
Can I get into trouble if I post on X that I heard that Sony will release Astrobot on Switch 2?

Mownoc

Can I get into trouble if I post on X that I heard that Sony will release Astrobot on Switch 2?
It's very likely the company he works for has a business relationship with Microsoft and wouldn't be happy with one of their employees jeopardizing that relationship. You don't have to do something illegal for your actions to have negative consequences.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

There's always going to be sensitivities around business relationships. If someone in your employ was seen to be abusing trust...

Fess

It's very likely the company he works for has a business relationship with Microsoft and wouldn't be happy with one of their employees jeopardizing that relationship. You don't have to do something illegal for your actions to have negative consequences.
Yeah okay if he’s somehow doing some business with Microsoft then I understand. But then he’s being dumb or incredibly naive while out fishing for views like the rest of the frequent big posters on social media.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Never understood it, why did Shinobi leave Neogaf? when I first joined he was a pretty active here.
Shinobi is not a journalist, he works at a developer or something and has contacts from other studios cause of that, from what I've read.
Shinobi was a huge fan of Mass Effect. That was his love and passion. He caught a lot of heat he sold Andromeda as being better than it was. For many on this forum that soured his reputation.

He like many others caught the woke mind sickness when and tried to "me too" Neogaf due to a "he said, she said" incident. Like so many at that time, "she said" was all that mattered.

I am not going to comment on any of that, but I will always maintain EvilLore is innocent until proven guilty and he never was proven guilty

I appreciate Shinobi for his inside views as he does get a lot of good info, but I unapolegitcally hate the man for being the bigot that he is now. Like so many woke jackasses, they have become everything they claim to hate.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

You can risk getting fired if you work for Sony. You risk damaging your relationship with your source if you repeat something you were told in confidence. That's why Shinobi is only giving tidbits of info, but even then that tidbit may have been too much. No way to know that though. So I think what Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping is saying is repercussions can take many forms, not just in terms of legal or contractual consequences.

Last edited:

Fess

Shinobi was a huge fan of Mass Effect. That was his love and passion. He caught a lot of heat he sold Andromeda as being better than it was. For many on this forum that soured his reputation.

He like many others caught the woke mind sickness when and tried to "me too" Neogaf due to a "he said, she said" incident. Like so many at that time, "she said" was all that mattered.

I am not going to comment on any of that, but I will always maintain EvilLore is innocent until proven guilty and he never was.

I appreciate Shinobi for his inside views as he does get a lot of good info, but I unapolegitcally hate the man for being the bigot that he is now. Like so many woke jackasses, they have become everything they claim to hate.
I try to not hate anyone but I think politics and polarized views and real life problems has messed up the whole hobby, in the west at least.

Today political agendas are pushed from within the games and while playing you’re sitting there with ??? over your head wondering when games turned into political platforms rather than just entertainment and escapism.

I miss the days when games were just : Pew Pew Pew Ka-Boom! - Swish, Chop, Thud, Bonk! - The End!
So much easier. No politics. And no drama in reviews or when talking about the games. Was just about the gameplay, sound, graphics.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I try to not hate anyone but I think politics and polarized views and real life problems has messed up the whole hobby, in the west at least.

Today political agendas are pushed from within the games and while playing you’re sitting there with ??? over your head wondering when games turned into political platforms rather than just entertainment and escapism.

I miss the days when games were just : Pew Pew Pew Ka-Boom! - Swish, Chop, Thud, Bonk! - The End!
So much easier. No politics. And no drama in reviews or when talking about the games. Was just about the gameplay, sound, graphics.
Yeah, DEI/politics has already ruined Star Wars Outlaws and Assassins Creed Shadow for me. Blatantly obvious DEI pandering .

What’s crazy is that 80s films has awesome female characters like Ellen Ripley , Sarah Connor, Princess Leia

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
If its Indy i bet its coming to ps5 because of some shit/drama with disney
If it is because of Disney its not really drama. I haven't seen the Insomniac leaks but that gets bought up alot when it comes to sales expectations.

Pretty sure with low Xbox console sales and "Is it coming to Game Pass?" lovers if the deal was for half of what Spider-Man 2 needed to hit...it would be shaky at best at hitting that anytime soon.

MS sees the writing on the wall, its time for some Xbox fans to see it too.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Alot of us feel this way. I'm going to assume I'm on the other side of you, but it's all annoying. We just wanna have fun.

Fess

Alot of us feel this way. I'm going to assume I'm on the other side of you, but it's all annoying. We just wanna have fun.
No idea but does it matter which ”side” we’re on? I have no idea if you live in the US or Bangladesh or Japan or South Africa or Norway. And I’m okay with that. I’m here to talk about games. You can live on the moon and be 13 or 100 years old for all I care, as long as you talk about games we can have a meaningful conversation.

And developers need to wake up and realize that we all just want to be entertained, we’re not sitting here waiting to be lectured or listen to propaganda and real life politics. It’s a big planet, it’s absurd to think people from all over the world can have, and want to have, the same views on real life topics.

Let games be games. Escapism. I really have zero interest in following a lesbian couple having a child or whatever they turned TLOU into. Just stop. I want some crazy shit in games. Ori, Mario Wonder, Elden Ring, Black Myth, Stellar Blade, Returnal, Ikaruga. The further away from reality they go the better it is.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
No idea but does it matter which ”side” we’re on? I have no idea if you live in the US or Bangladesh or Japan or South Africa or Norway. And I’m okay with that. I’m here to talk about games. You can live on the moon and be 13 or 100 years old for all I care, as long as you talk about games we can have a meaningful conversation.

And developers need to wake up and realize that we all just want to be entertained, we’re not sitting here waiting to be lectured or listen to propaganda and real life politics. It’s a big planet, it’s absurd to think people from all over the world can have, and want to have, the same views on real life topics.

Let games be games. Escapism. I really have zero interest in following a lesbian couple having a child or whatever they turned TLOU into. Just stop. I want some crazy shit in games. Ori, Mario Wonder, Elden Ring, Black Myth, Stellar Blade, Returnal, Ikaruga. The further away from reality they go the better it is.

Go fucking play something else then if that doesn't have any interest with you, you're free to play another game.

They don't need to stop shit lol

So The Last Of Us is very much a game... Getting triggered because a video game has a lesbian couple is silly because clearly this is something that exists in real life because what would make you think during some apocalypse that suddenly no one would fucking be gay or something?

That's like trying to say someone needs to "let games be games like escapism I have no interest in following a game about a black person, I mean wow, why can't they just let it be a GAME"

it's almost as if you Force this fucking idea that in order for the game to exist it needs to feature demographics that only you like or something....

So if you want something that is further away from reality go fucking play those games ,that's like me turning on the television and getting angry at a channel that's about religion or the Hallmark Channel or something weird like this and then coming online to complain about it as if I can't fucking change the channel.....

Let games be

whatever the fuck the developer wants them to be!

Make your own game if you want them to be something else instead of trying to force developers to change their games. They don't need to stop shit, they don't "need wake up", they don't need to alter, change or do anything different to their games, let them create what they want and you can play what you want and create what you want.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
Some people are saying that it's Indiana Jones... That would be even worse. (Assuming it's Day One, and if it is, does that mean a delay?) The only possible spin they had was, 'But those games are not Day and Date.' I think MS needs to rip the band-aid off anyway

EDMIX

Some people are saying that it's Indiana Jones... That would be even worse. (Assuming it's Day One, and if it is, does that mean a delay?) The only possible spin they had was, 'But those games are not Day and Date.' I think MS needs to rip the band-aid off anyway

I mean, if it is that game. I think it might be cause how much they paid for it to be exclusive was too much if they were just going to put their other games on rival platforms anyway. Maybe Disney felt that MS would either pay for that exclusive or it must be multiplatform out of the gate or something.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
I mean, if it is that game. I think it might be cause how much they paid for it to be exclusive was too much if they were just going to put their other games on rival platforms anyway. Maybe Disney felt that MS would either pay for that exclusive or it must be multiplatform out of the gate or something.
I think (as we know from the Insomniac leaks) that MS saw the numbers stipulated by Disney and realized, "Oh yeah, we're not hitting those at all" They would have to pay extra to Disney for failing to meet those targets.

Even without these rumors, I feel that the game is going to get delayed. If it isn't, the quality or scope will be disappointing. AAA games tend to have long marketing cycles, with a lot of footage and Hand-On previews in the year of release (even longer in the majority of cases)

nick776

At this point I don't know what Microsoft possibly hopes to gain by delaying the inevitable. Sales have tanked. If they go ahead and do all games 3P then they get the recover more profits faster. Doing what they are doing now is only causing losses. I cannot help but wonder how abysmal Hellblade 2 sales have been compared to the development costs. Who in their right mind pays to buy HB2 on Xbox when they can play it free on Gamepass? Just release it on PS5 and people will pay for it, ditto for all other games.

Fess

Go fucking play something else then if that doesn't have any interest with you, you're free to play another game.

They don't need to stop shit lol

So The Last Of Us is very much a game... Getting triggered because a video game has a lesbian couple is silly because clearly this is something that exists in real life because what would make you think during some apocalypse that suddenly no one would fucking be gay or something?

That's like trying to say someone needs to "let games be games like escapism I have no interest in following a game about a black person, I mean wow, why can't they just let it be a GAME"

it's almost as if you Force this fucking idea that in order for the game to exist it needs to feature demographics that only you like or something....

So if you want something that is further away from reality go fucking play those games ,that's like me turning on the television and getting angry at a channel that's about religion or the Hallmark Channel or something weird like this and then coming online to complain about it as if I can't fucking change the channel.....

whatever the fuck the developer wants them to be!

Make your own game if you want them to be something else instead of trying to force developers to change their games. They don't need to stop shit, they don't "need wake up", they don't need to alter, change or do anything different to their games, let them create what they want and you can play what you want and create what you want.
You really missed all the points there. Deliberate just to start a boring discussion?

You can swap out TLOU2 for _any_ game throwing in real life sensitive heated political topics. I don’t want any of it. It’s boring and just makes it impossible to talk about a game globally. You’re here increasing the size of your letters for whatever strange reason as if that’ll make me care more about it. Well I don’t. I really don’t care at all. And if I wanted to be lectured about real life topics or awoken to understand the struggles some groups go through in real life or whatever I would read a book or watch a documentary or go to a discussion board with people talking about that. I definitely wouldn’t play a game.

But yes you’re right, I could just avoid western games pulling real world topic strings and play other games instead. And that’s what I do. And I could make my own game. And I do that as well. And nothing tops Elden Ring at the moment so that’s what I’m playing. Next stop will be Black Myth.

Last edited:

EDMIX

You really missed all the points there.
I disagree your point is trying to force an idea of what games are supposed to be based on your own personal bias..
You can swap out TLOU2 for _any_ game throwing in real life sensitive heated political topics. I don’t want any of it.
That's fine you're free to play whatever you want to play. If you feel it's boring it probably makes more sense to play another fucking game than for them to change their game to please you.

Do us a favor and go into the Hallmark thread to go tell them to start making better shows lol

I'm sure they'll do a great job creating the horror movies you wish for them to focus on. /s

So I'm not saying someone's not allowed to have an opinion about a video game, shit I have a bunch myself lol, But this idea of fucking crying over any game like this talking about not wanting to be lectured about a real life subject or something having a sensitive topic or some shit like this. Go play something else...
But yes you’re right, I could just avoid western games pulling real world topic strings and play other games instead.
I mean, that is what most should doing.

I love games from the east too Fess, majority of my purchases this year have been games from the east, but I respect those that wish to play Madden, Call Of Duty, EA FC, WWF, NBA 2K etc. Why should I go into those threads to tell them what those games should or shouldn't fucking be? the shit starts to sound batshit crazy and narcissistic.

I think as the medium grows you're seeing different points of view at all walks of life involved in the creation of games and I believe as generations go on and genres expand and get created you will see all sorts of games that exist similar to how you see channels on television.

This would be equivalent to it being 1992 and me questioning why someone is creating this show called "the real world" I mean I watch television to escape and it's absurd to think that that someone would want to watch something like this....

I cannot define an entire medium in regards to its purpose based on my personal opinion as this is just a way too narcissistic

All I could say is what I personally like and all you can say is what you personally like or something, But I think it starts to become a little weird when someone takes that personal opinion and starts to force this idea of what the medium should be based on that subjective opinion....

If you made a game, a show, a book, a film etc, even if the main topic of it was something disagreed with Fess, I would fight tooth and nail for your right to create that work and for it to exist.

Hype for this week. A monke game, an xbox port and more games to wishlist on the horizon.
I think it is Indy though, chapek deal is dead. Iger is here to stay and he loves the playstation.

Top Bottom