• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth Wukong content creators were asked not to talk about topics unrelated to the game such as feminism, but they still did.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Update:

"Okay I'm actually surprised here, but I have confirmed with a US creator I trust that the Black Myth Wukong guideline email is real. An extended conversation with an email tracing back to the company resulted in an actual code for the game. It's not some random google doc"

kNCaCKj.png

Keys were sent to journalists with a request not to mention certain topics, such as feminism or opinions about Chinakeys were sent to journalists with a request not to mention certain topics, such as feminism or opinions about China. Other forbidden topics are words such as ‘quarantine’ or ‘isolation' or 'COVID-19.

Document

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
I clicked and read through the linked source in the OP and that 'NDA' seems sketchy af. As in very amateur hour. I wouldn't give any credence without any other source backing up this unverified claim.

Also the owner of the unverified doc is gamesciencemat@gmail.com. Why would the devs, Game Science, use a gmail address? It doesn't track at all.

Fake edit: Their email domain which I've gotten from their official website is @gamesci.com.cn which adds to my skepticism about the legitimacy of this claim.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I clicked and read through the linked source in the OP and that 'NDA' seems sketchy af. As in very amateur hour. I wouldn't give any credence without any other source backing up this unverified claim.

Also the owner of the unverified doc is gamesciencemat@gmail.com. Why would the devs, Game Science, use a gmail address? It doesn't track at all.

Fake edit: Their email domain which I've gotten from their official website is @gamesci.com.cn which adds to my skepticism about the legitimacy of this claim.
A lot of companies in the US block emails from .cn. That’s why they’d use Gmail for a Google doc.

Draugoth

Gold Member

A lot of companies in the US block emails from .cn. That’s why they’d use Gmail for a Google doc.

Whoever made this document changed the email @gamesci.com.cn, this is clearly fake. Good catch Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Whoever made this document changed the email @gamesci.com.cn, this is clearly fake. Good catch Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives

Supposedly a prominent French Souls streamer got the email with the game codes, giving it the air of legitimacy. Copying the post talking about this from Era.

To me there is no doubt about credibility since it was revealed by ExServ, pretty well known french youtuber/streamer from the souls community. He for sure would get a key for the game, and I don't think he would invent BS.

He says "Just received a Wukong key, and a list of dos and donts, it's a f****ng shame, I'll let you read"

I guess the gmail adress is for the gdoc part, or maybe some regional management, but I trust the source.

Last edited:

Hugare

Cant wait for the mod where you play as Winnie the Pooh fighting feminists

God forbid them wanting people to talk about the actual product instead of politics

If we really knew how all the products that we consume were made, from concept to delivery, while being this outraged by the simplest of things, we would be living in caves again.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Just remember IF you buy this game you are supporting genocide of the Uyghurs

With all the Chinese products Americans and Europeans have bought in the past thirty years every single Uyghur should have been dead by now. One PC/PS5 game from China isn't going to make any difference.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
Supposedly a prominent French Souls streamer got the email with the game codes, giving it the air of legitimacy. Copying the post talking about this from Era.
That ExServ dude is using the same unverified gdoc as their source. :/ Some different content creators need to come out and post screenshots with the streaming guidelines that Game Science sent out.

Anyway, the reddit post on /r/GamingLeaksAndRumours has now been tagged as false.

VXnHAiJ.png

Last edited:

PanzerCute

This guy is the most moronic moron of morons. He already suspended the comments on his youtube videos. Guess he lied and now censors people who want to hold him accountable for his lies. Quite funny

Edit : oh and he is not prominent or anything, he has less than 200k subs.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

kNCaCKj.png

Keys were sent to journalists with a request not to mention certain topics, such as feminism or opinions about Chinakeys were sent to journalists with a request not to mention certain topics, such as feminism or opinions about China. Other forbidden topics are words such as ‘quarantine’ or ‘isolation' or 'COVID-19.

Document

I know everyone is focusing on the feminism part

But I'm not stoked on the keenness people have for the authoritarian Chinese rules and propaganda to enter gaming.

I'm staying far away from all this, maybe when it's given away on ps plus I'll play

Top Bottom