• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth Wukong | Review Thread

What scores do you think Black Myth: Wukong will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • 56-59%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-64%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-69%

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 15 4.8%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 51 16.4%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 121 38.9%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 99 31.8%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
dRaURsP.png

I don’t remember the last time I ever actually clicked on one of their shitty clickbait articles, but this still felt good. Eat shit, screen rant!

Rocinante618

Neo Member
Gamers take reviews too seriously.

I just read reviews from Notebookcheck or Techpowerup as mainstream stuff are opinion pieces. The tragedy is that those subjective reviews which have a major "Zeitgest" flavor are taken by score aggregators such as metacritic and opencritic which do indeed have a business impact.

Gamers largely today will not care much but down the line, say after a decade, these reviews will still be up for the mainstream customer and will have some influence in their decisions to purchase an old title.

How much profit a videogame makes after years I don't really have any idea. Only time will tell. If it were me, sure, I would want my game to sell for years.

If you change the Screenrant review from a 6/10 to a 9/10 the overall meta score for the game barely moves. None of the other 7 or lower rated reviews even bring up diversity or anything like that.

Not to mention there are reviewers who will give it bonus points for the same reason others score it lower. Like I said before, the pendulum always swings both ways.

People will see what they want to see. There have been numerous posts of review recaps where multiple valid critiques are ignored and people highlight the third or fourth negative listed because it’s omg woke!!!

Absolutely no.

Most journos are in the woke hive mind, this is not even arguable.

Besides, a bad score impacts more negatively because it's farther from the average.

Isn’t the most quoted review a 7/10? That’s not even a bad score and lists valid criticisms.

Also, how have you determined “most” reviewers are part of this “woke hive mind”? If you don’t think it goes both ways even after reading this thread, idk what to tell you. I guess this game should have a meta of 100.

kikii

""The lack of diversity and inclusivity resonates with the misogynistic comments reported to have been made by developers,"

interestring ^^

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
Isn’t the most quoted review a 7/10? That’s not even a bad score and lists valid criticisms.

Also, how have you determined “most” reviewers are part of this “woke hive mind”? If you don’t think it goes both ways even after reading this thread, idk what to tell you. I guess this game should have a meta of 100.

In this thread there are no gaming journos or MC reviewers.

jm89

I hope the ps5 version ends up being decent.

But not a chance I'd be preordering based on a boss battle that's under 2 minutes.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Imagine if this had come out day 1 on Xbox, all the inflated Xbox journalists scores might have pushed up the meta score. But then maybe the other scores might have dipped. Kind of a double edged sword. One thing is for sure. Topher Topher ’s Starfield scored higher.

GHG

Gold Member
Not to mention there are reviewers who will give it bonus points for the same reason others score it lower. Like I said before, the pendulum always swings both ways.

People will see what they want to see. There have been numerous posts of review recaps where multiple valid critiques are ignored and people highlight the third or fourth negative listed because it’s omg woke!!!

Care to point any of these reviews out then?

Last edited:

PeteBull

Gold Member
So far i can tell u for some unknown reason xbox console exclusives have visibly inflated scores, i would say at least one if not 2 points on avg
using only current gen:
https://www.metacritic.com/game/forza-motorsport/ 84 review, 7.0 userscore
https://www.metacritic.com/game/starfield/ 83 review, 6.8 userscore
https://www.metacritic.com/game/senuas-saga-hellblade-ii/ 80 review, 7.4userscore
https://www.metacritic.com/game/halo-infinite/ 87 review, 7.8 userscore
https://www.metacritic.com/game/redfall/ 56review, 3.5 userscore
If one or two had just a bit inflated scores it could pass as an accident but all 5? And we talking current gen here.

So yup, im not surprised ppl look at those and deduct 2 points(in 10 scale, in 100 its 20 points)
Even terrible redfall got to 56 metascore from reviews, which should tell u enough of how strong the bias is there.

saintjules

Gold Member
Still wild to me that numbers will dictate people's decisions. If one person said 82% and the other said 80%, some would go batshit crazy lol.

I always say this: Watch a youtube video and see if a game is in your wheelhouse. If you like it enough based on that, give it a go. And if you're too cheap, wait for a sale.

I always take reviewers with a grain of salt AFTER my own thoughts.

Right, so you've got nothing.

The only way the pendulum is swinging is right back in to your face.

Sorry friend, wasting time scouring for text to score meaningless internet points is your shtick, not mine.

Suddenly there isn’t a push back against woke nonsense, because you need to be right about a video game 🤭

Extra 🤭🤭🤭 because the evidence we have gathered that this 10/10 gem is being brought down to a trash tier 80’s meta because of woke nonsense is a line from one 6/10 review that also points out several legitimate flaws.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Sorry friend, wasting time scouring for text to score meaningless internet points is your shtick, not mine.

Suddenly there isn’t a push back against woke nonsense, because you need to be right about a video game 🤭

Extra 🤭🤭🤭 because the evidence we have gathered that this 10/10 gem is being brought down to a trash tier 80’s meta because of woke nonsense is a line from one 6/10 review that also points out several legitimate flaws.

If you make a statement like you did then the onus is on you to back it up.

Until then, I guess you can enjoy being a delusional apologist for the agenda driven nutjob reviewers that evidently do exist. Not that I can say I'm surprised by this development though, thriving on fiction is something you've had no choice but to become accustomed to in recent years.

So no, no need to be sorry, these subsequent replies of yours with no substance to speak of were very much expected.

Top Bottom