• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth Wukong | Review Thread

What scores do you think Black Myth: Wukong will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • 56-59%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-64%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-69%

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 15 4.8%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 51 16.4%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 121 38.9%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 99 31.8%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dynasty8

Reviewers just seem so entitled. I’m all for a game dev black listing a site/publication. Game purchases by these places are just business expenses, so it’s not like they’re really buying these games.

I am 100% against any review "guidelines", but you're right, many of these reviewers/journalists sound extremely entitled nowadays. It used to be a privilege to review games early and passionately talk about them (basically doing your job)... Now it seems like a lot of these activist reviewers/journalist employees have a superiority complex and everyone should be grateful for their biased opinions. Some of these people have become insufferable.

RainblowDash

Gold Member
When I first heard of this game, I was thinking another cheesy SHUMP lol

Glad to see this game will be way different and one I'm hyped to play!

Last edited:

Neolombax

What have those things got to do with the game and given who they have handed keys out to, why do you think they felt the need to specifically single those things out?

That's the thing, there was no "backlash" against CDPR until well after the fact and the game was in consumers hands (at which point it was obvious we'd all bee duped). Guys like Fextralife gladly towed the line and misled their audience of millions.

If they are going to be consistent in refusing keys based on terms being set out (while also going public about it) then I'm absolutely fine with it. But I very much doubt that will be the case.
The way I see it, its more because the publisher wants reviewers to objectively evaluate the game rather than knocking off points due to the country where the game originated from. I don't see anything inherently wrong with this. What I am more concerned about is the publishers not sending out PS5 codes early more than anything.

Last edited:

yazenov

Yeah seems pretty average like the rest of the Sony payola this year 🌷

Any game you downplay seems to turn into gold. Remember Hell Divers 2 which you tried your best to shit on like this game. Surprise! it's now dominating the Steam charts, and probably the PS5 charts.

You are the Michael Pachter of Neogaf.

K-Pop GIF

Last edited:

simpatico

Gold Member
Screenrant author removed her name from the review

2KzbGTw.jpeg
Performative bullshit. Like anyone who wanted that name couldn’t readily find it. Looks like their long term LARP is coming to an end. AAA pubs aren’t going to humor them forever when they see how much money they’re missing out on.

Gonzito

So far I have played two hours and I like it but I do not feel like the game is doing anything special, I feel like Sekiros combat is much better for example

Yeah, you can clearly see the cuts made to make this work. This is one HEAVY game.
The english dub is....meh. Might be a case for OV with subtitles.

btw... I can`t even remember the last time I´ve seen actual non-faked dynamic volumetrics outside a tech demo. Gorgeous stuff.
and then there are things like fire not being an actual shadow throwing light source.... sigh. Hardware limitations.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Any game you downplay seems to turn into gold. Remember Hell Divers 2 which you tried your best to shit on like this game. Surprise! it's now dominating the Steam charts, and probably the PS5 charts.

You are the Michael Pachter of Neogaf.

K-Pop GIF

Man, at this point I just think that he does it for the shits and giggles, becoming an internet persona/troll poster if you will like our own belowed ass of can whooping, there's no other explanation really

MiguelItUp

Yeah, starting to look a little sus. It seems he doesn't want heat after dissing TLOU2
He repeatedly mentioned having other things going on around that time from traveling, to other appointments/obligations he already made. By the time he "had time" he felt like the ship had sailed. He also said he was never really a big Harry Potter fan to begin with, so he personally wasn't too curious. Whether people wanna believe that or not is up to them. But with Gamescom going on, him traveling, and other obligations, etc. This could just be another situation where he doesn't have time. He has hired another person to help though, so maybe that could come later like other reviews already have.

tommib

The image reaction is not doing yourself any favours, you’re just coming off as a tad racist. Hopefully that implication is an error on my part.
To be honest mods should be more aware of edgelord behaviour. I know they have a lot going on and they’ve been cleaning the house non-stop but there’s a lot of shit passing by.

Still, we’re nowhere near the shitshow Twitter is so congrats to us anyway.

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
I’m afraid to ask what being from Brazil and playing as an anthropomorphized monkey makes you very familiar with it but do explain.
Surely you’re just digging here to cause trouble. From what I see the guy makes a self-deprecating joke.
To be honest mods should be more aware of edgelord behaviour. I know they have a lot going on and they’ve been cleaning the house non-stop but there’s a lot of shit passing by.

Still, we’re nowhere near the shitshow Twitter is so congrats to us anyway.
If you think this is someone being an edgelord you need to lighten up man.

Rubim

The image reaction is not doing yourself any favours, you’re just coming off as a tad racist. Hopefully that implication is an error on my part.
I'm just being funny about it and making fun of myself. Humor can have racial implications on it.

But if you want me to ruin the joke, I can explain to you on why saying: "Playing with a monkey is strange", is a bit odd. I never through of that when playing a blue hedhog nor a raccoon that's a master thief.

Calma gringo, nem tudo e sobre sua visão política do mundo.

Last edited:

Zathalus

I'm just being funny about it and making fun of myself. Humor can have racial implications on it.

But if you want me to ruin the joke, I can explain to you on why saying: "Playing with a monkey is strange", is a bit odd. I never through of that when playing a blue hedhog nor a raccoon that's a master thief.

Calma gringo, nem tudo e sobre sua visão política do mundo.
It was a honest attempt at clarification, I’m a white guy from South Africa and if I had stated that there is something familiar about the protagonist how do you think that may have been taken?

Om opheldering te vra oor iets wat jy as rassisme beskou, het niks met politiek te doen nie, rassisme is rassisme. Ek is jammer dat ek jou verkeerd verstaan.

Top Bottom