• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth: Wukong PS5 Boss Gameplay

sainraja

Why do they make the bosses, in games like this, so damn large? Like what is the point? The way your character is launching attacks at them, just looks a bit silly. I mean, it's not something that bothers me that much but usually, where it's like this, it doesn't really look cool.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
This is the first PS5 footage of the game we've seen so far, hence why I thought it merits its own separate thread.

I was expecting some hot boss with boobs and ass from you, not this.

Luke Grimes Frown GIF by Yellowstone

Wooxsvan

whew. that upscale quality is rough. hope its more the YT compression than FSR. Otherwise PSSR please save us.

Stuart360

Man the image break up when the action starts. It could just be Youtube compression but you would of thought Playstation China would of put out a high bitrate vid. Plus Youtube compression has much less effect on 1440p+ vids as they allocate much higher bandwith for that quality.

Fbh

Gold Member
Could be youtube compression, but it seems to have the trademark horrendous image quality of FSR upscaling from a shitty low res.
If that ends up being the case it's an easy wait for deep sale.

Fbh

Gold Member
youtubes 480p default quality is ass. Change it to 4k and it's fine.

Nah, looking at it again it's definitely not a YouTube issue.
It has that trademark artifacting/smearing around moving objects and finer details like dust and particles. Reminds me of Jedi Survivor which is another game upscaling from a sub 1080p resolution.
If anything the youtube compression is helping hide it

Three

Nah, looking at it again it's definitely not a YouTube issue.
It has that trademark artifacting/smearing around moving objects and finer details like dust and particles. Reminds me of Jedi Survivor which is another game upscaling from a sub 1080p resolution.
If anything the youtube compression is helping hide it
I'm sure if you zoom in with most games that use FSR you can see artifacting so I don't doubt that's present too but you can play this video at 0.25 speed at 4k60 on youtube and it doesn't look so bad even with the added youtube compression. A lot of effects use motion blur and ghosting in the game regardless too.

Looks pretty fuzzy during any fast movement. Pretty much always fizzle around the character as he moves/attacks.

Still though, it looks pretty good. This is on UE5.0, so it's missing a lot of the newer technologies and engine optimizations which have been added to UE in 5.3 and 5.4.. so the fact that it's even looking and performing this good on console it's pretty good.

Stafford

Slow, boring, no impact, zero skill involved. Looks like a 5/10 game at best.

The no impact has been an issue of mine with this ever since they showed new gameplay last year. People that attended GC claimed the dev had acknowledged this, but it seems it hasn't changed. Yet smaller enemies do flinch and react to hits.

Top Bottom