• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth: Wukong Tops 20 Million Sales

Draugoth

Gold Member
Website mentions it's Steam only but i find hard to believe since Game Scicence sais the game sold 18 million in the last report:

(Yicai) Sept. 20 -- Black Myth: Wukong has sold more than 20 million copies on leading digital distribution platform Steam just a month after the hit action role-playing game was released, getting over CNY6.8 billion (USD961 million) in revenue.

Black Myth: Wukong concurrent online players peaked at 574,000 on Steam over the past 24 hours, according to data by Video Game Insights released yesterday. The game has been positively reviewed by 95 percent of just over half a million users since its release on Aug. 20.

Mokus

IGN
Baby Reaction GIF

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
And thats just steam. Add PS5 and other PC stores and you may have 25 million even.

Absolutely recommended for anyone who enjoys action games / somewhat soulslike games. Fantastic gameplay and boss design.
And what used to be taken for granted could be highlighted as a positive. Absolutely no wokeness whatsoever to be found, merely a good story which has been popular for centuries told well with interesting characters and events. I could list the 'micro-aggressions' that mentally ill western devs would have problems with, such as womanizing characters, women losing a fight (lol), good looking characters etc, but not much point, the story is 'normal' for lack of a better word.

Stunning visuals and enemy designs, a ton of love was poured into the game, only warning would be that a really good PC is recommended as well as making sure the settings don't cause performance issues due to bugs, driver issues or any other potential issues. (they're common, probably due to UE5)

Kabelly

Insane. I remember people thinking this game was gonna end up being vaporware. I've yet to buy it because I just have too much to play right now but it's still on the list.

Skifi28

Insane. I remember people thinking this game was gonna end up being vaporware. I've yet to buy it because I just have too much to play right now but it's still on the list.
I was one of these people. It always looked to me more like a tech demo every time it was shown than something they would ever release and boy, was I wrong.

Top Bottom