• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift PSN Tournament

ca7JO.gif

BRACKET

The blazblue-ians:

GAF | PSN
1. Prototype-03 | Prototype-03
2. _dementia | sixteen-bit
3. QisTopTier | QisTopTier
4. Fugu | Fygu
5. ApolloJoh | ApolloJoe400
6. TheSeks | Sekoku
7. Kiunchbb | Kiunch
8. Dreavus | Dreavus-
9. AkachanNingen | Akachan Ningen
10. SephirothRK | SephirothRK
11. Solune | Sollune
12. Hyphen | Vebansen
13. LyteEdge | LyteEdge

14. Volcynika | Volcynika
15. gutabo | gutabo4
16. Elcheris | Dacitius
17. flightofheaven | flightofheaven
18. xero273 | xero273
19. Kamen Rider Prism | KamenRiderPrism

RULES:
- Double Elimination
- Best out of 3 games
- Best out of 3 matches, 99 sec matches.
- NO unlimited characters, NO easy mode
- 1 week to do ONE match unless you have a good excuse.
- If it’s laggy, tough it up. Remember that we don’t all live in the same time zone. It sucks, but what can you do?
- If one player drops, that person forfeits the MATCH. You may still go for best out of 3 games.
- If both player drops, redo the match. If it happens a second time, it’ll count as a draw (meaning the games would be 1-1, and the last match will be a tie-breaker).
- Game version will 1.03 (Meaning that if there is an update after tournament starts, we will keep using 1.03. This means, NO PLATINUM)
- Loser of a game may change characters. Winner keeps character.

d3mH8.png
Hype dog says “HYPE!”

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'll confirm for a spot. But if you get 16 players I'm dropping out. I know I'm no challenge for you guys. But I'll fill the 16 slots so someone gets a stick from Kadey. ;)

TheSeks

Kadey said:
I have nothing to do with this tourney. :lol

So, you're not giving a stick out? If that's the case I'm dropping lickity-split. There is no way in hell I'm competitive in Blazblue, let alone any fighting game. :lol

Dreavus

TheSeks said:
So, you're not giving a stick out? If that's the case I'm dropping lickity-split. There is no way in hell I'm competitive in Blazblue, let alone any fighting game. :lol

I'm pretty sure a stick was never in the equation because the BB community is too small on GAF.

TheSeks

Dreavus said:
I'm pretty sure a stick was never in the equation because the BB community is too small on GAF.

Kadey said she was going to give out a BB TE (like 1 in 1500 verison?) as a prize for a tournament ran by her if we got 16 players. Prototype scrambled to get people. I said I'd commit (even though I know I'll lose since I'm HORRIBLE at fighting games) just so someone can win one of Kadey's prizes from it.

But if it's just a small-time tourney, yeah: I'm just going to save myself the embarrassment and drop. :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Correction. I said 32 people. I don't run anything lower than 32 people ever. I'd make due for a 16 player tourney with small prizes though but Proto already went ahead and is running this tournament so I really have nothing to do with it.

xero273

TheSeks said:
Kadey said she was going to give out a BB TE (like 1 in 1500 verison?) as a prize for a tournament ran by her if we got 16 players. Prototype scrambled to get people. I said I'd commit (even though I know I'll lose since I'm HORRIBLE at fighting games) just so someone can win one of Kadey's prizes from it.

But if it's just a small-time tourney, yeah: I'm just going to save myself the embarrassment and drop. :lol

prize or no prize. It should be fun to play anyway. So what if you lose first match. Just join and see how far you can go.

TheSeks

xero273 said:
prize or no prize. It should be fun to play anyway. So what if you lose first match. Just join and see how far you can go.

*shrug* I'm looking at Dustloop for combos right now. Fat load that's going to do knowing my luck and getting Q who'll just slide through my swords and beat the shit out of me.

*puts the controller on the floor and prays he'll get out* That's pretty much how I've been playing against Q.

Kadey said:
Correction. I said 32 people.

Ah, right. My memory is fuzzy. Too many beatings from Q.

I'd make due for a 16 player tourney with small prizes though but Proto already went ahead and is running this tournament so I really have nothing to do with it.

So, you're not going to throw some Pocky in?! Lame! I could use some non-Strawberry and Chocolate pocky. :(

Kadey said:
Correction. I said 32 people. I don't run anything lower than 32 people ever. I'd make due for a 16 player tourney with small prizes though but Proto already went ahead and is running this tournament so I really have nothing to do with it.

That's fine... Last tourney (CT) didn't have prizes and we still had fun. Let's just not break down towards the end, and not finish matches. It took way too long for that tourney.

You can blame me for not having prizes, but at the same time, nobody was organizing it. All that happened was "ppl just gather up" and nothing happened... So I took the time to gather some people to have a decent sized tourney.

Either way, let's not disappoint hype dog and at least have fun. Hopefully it can bring the community together... The BBCS thread was dying until this tourney anyway. A lot of the regular players in CT never came back save for maybe 4-5 people and even then, they hardly ever came back on. I'd like to see some new faces step it up... I'm already seeing some of these players get better and I'm (not gonna lie), pretty excited of what they can do later.

TheSeks said:
*shrug* I'm looking at Dustloop for combos right now. Fat load that's going to do knowing my luck and getting Q who'll just slide through my swords and beat the shit out of me.

*puts the controller on the floor and prays he'll get out* That's pretty much how I've been playing against Q.

Ah, right. My memory is fuzzy. Too many beatings from Q.

So, you're not going to throw some Pocky in?! Lame! I could use some non-Strawberry and Chocolate pocky. :(

I know it's frustrating to lose ALL the time. When I first started CT, my player % (they used to track player matches as well) was at around 10%. It slowly went up to 30% or so... And it only went up because I played some random people... I was still like 10-20% against Q. Keep in mind, I was using top tier (Rachel) and he was using mid tier (Bang).

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Again, if you need a punching bag, I'll take part in the tourney. :lol So if it's uneven I'll do it.

Hyphen

Sorry, totally forgot about this... I'm up for it though!
However, Lyte Edge has posted before me which makes 17 (bolded) if you include me. So I'll stand aside if need be.

Hyphen said:
Sorry, totally forgot about this... I'm up for it though!
However, Lyte Edge has posted before me which makes 17 (bolded) if you include me. So I'll stand aside if need be.

Yeah, you're still in. Sorry guys that it's been a little sluggish on my end... Been kinda busy.

Deadline is this WEDNESDAY (11/3/10). Hopefully we'll get the tourney rolling by 11/8.

xero273

akachan ningen said:
I couldn't download the bracket. Why not just make it a jpg?

If I'm reading the bracket correct, you are up against Solune.

From what I see my first match is against Sephiroth. Going to need someone to host for us. Last time me and Sephiroth tried to play each other we couldn't connect.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Yeah, it's showing up a little off for me too.

I take it I'm up against Gutabo?

Volcynika said:
I have no idea who I play.

Sorry guys... I've been REALLY busy this weekend so I wasn't able to fix the stuff. The FIRST round only has 3 matches since it's 19 players so a lot of players have byes. It should be the LAST THREE SETS that have a first round. However, you guys are welcome to play the next set since it will speed things up.

I'm going to fix the bracket as soon as I get home. SORRY AGAIN GUYS... this is my fault.

edit:
so first round (Round of 32) is:

Prototype-03 vs. Dacitius/Elcheris
KamenRiderPrism vs. Dreavus-/Dreavus
ApolloJoe400/ApollohJoh vs. Fygu/Fugu

edit2: FFUUU, it's my first time reading this bracket and it BLOWS. It's so top heavy at the bottom of the bracket =(

Volcynika

Prototype-03 said:
Sorry guys... I've been REALLY busy this weekend so I wasn't able to fix the stuff. The FIRST round only has 3 matches since it's 19 players so a lot of players have byes. It should be the LAST THREE SETS that have a first round. However, you guys are welcome to play the next set since it will speed things up.

I'm going to fix the bracket as soon as I get home. SORRY AGAIN GUYS... this is my fault.

I HATE YOU FOREVER MY LIFE HAS REVOLVED AROUND THIS TOURNEY HOW WILL I EXPLAIN THIS TO MY FAMILY. SHAME SHAME SHAME.

It's fine, no biggie!

Volcynika said:
I HATE YOU FOREVER MY LIFE HAS REVOLVED AROUND THIS TOURNEY HOW WILL I EXPLAIN THIS TO MY FAMILY. SHAME SHAME SHAME.

It's fine, no biggie!

STFU, you never play anymore :( PLAY ME BOTTOM TIER USER

xero273

Volcynika said:

It's fine, no biggie!

You don't need to play anymore. you already lost!!!

Elcheris

Neo Member
Prototype-03 said:
:(

You wanna try to get the matches done tonight? I'll be home in about 4 hrs or so

Tonight really isn't good for me, ive got an essay due by tuesday at midnight =(
Any evening after that should be fine, how does Wednesday sound?

Top Bottom