• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloober Teases Work On New Konami Projects After Silent Hill 2

GrayChild

Via ScreenRant:

Silent Hill 2
remake developer Bloober plans to continue collaborating with Konami on future projects after the game releases this month. Bloober is the Polish video game development studio in charge of bringing the 2001 classic to modern audiences. The company specializes in psychological horror and has previously developed games like Blair Witch and Layers of Fear.

As work on Silent Hill 2 draws to a close, Bloober and Konami appear to have plans to continue working together. In an interview with Polish website Bankier.pl (as reported by ComicBook), the Bloober Team president and CFO Karolina Nowak stated that Konami is happy with the work the team has done with their franchise darling. "We can expect that this is not the end of the adventure with Konami," she said (translated from Polish).

hold up. first release the game (which is really looking good) - then try to get the other projects

silent hill 2 remake has everything to be a great game, but these fellas is already tryna get the whole cake ya feel me

im talking 🍑 cakez

MiguelItUp

TBH, I'd prefer Konami checking the player feedback after Silent Hill 2 to see if Bloober is worth collaborating with again. Not to mention that we're flooded with remakes already, with little to no brand new titles.
At least f is in motion apparently.

I guess the remake exhaustion thing, but if they do well I wouldn't mind seeing a 1 and 3 remake. Bloober doing some original stuff seems odd, but if Konami forces their hand like they did with SH2, depending on the outcome, maybe it does really well for them.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’m assuming the initial feedback they got from press previews /reviews are glowing so they’re convinced to double down.

Thing is it can review well and still sell like total shit.

I think they have shown now that they understand Silent Hill, so I could imagine letting them work on a new game in the series. However I would still prefer if they get story input from either Konami directly or some Japanese author, because there is a big difference between western and Japanese horror.

heather-mason.gif

I think they have shown now that they understand Silent Hill, so I could imagine letting them work on a new game in the series. However I would still prefer if they get story input from either Konami directly or some Japanese author, because there is a big difference between western and Japanese horror.

Isn’t this the case with SH2 remake?

Wouldn’t be surprised if Bloober laid off their author(s) after The Medium released.

GrayChild

My stance exactly. They've shown they can make a good SH game with the support of the OGs (Yamaoka and Ito), using their work as reference. I'm still not on board with 100% Bloober written and directed title.

Fret Runner

The one Silent Hill that I feel would benefit from a Remake is 4. There is a lot they could fix and address with it, like mainly making the 2nd half of the game less tedious.
while 4 is joint my joint fave with 2 I really wouldn't mind 4 getting a second chance to shine. I feel there is potential there if they can pull it off.

Top Bottom