• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT++++| Now with Trusty Patches

Alright cool. I think I did all the optional bosses, but now I feel I can go look some stuff up before finishing and won't feel like I'm spoiling anything for myself.

Smart, that's what I did. Which lead to me realizing I had missed Upper Cathedral and steamrolling everything on it (by that time I was going through layer 4 chalices). :)

Nobody else likes Mergo's Wet Nurse? It might be my favorite boss design in the Souls/BB series.

She wasn't very hard but was definitely the coolest boss fight in terms of design and music. Fun fight though, I actually really enjoyed Nightmare of Mensis in general (once I got past the starting point). It's a great final location, as it feels the most horrific of all.

I think I'm at the end of the game.
Shit is on fire, lol

If this is the end then I'm not too inclined to beat it yet because I want to fuck around in this weak world a bit more.

Is this the end of the game?

I've heard about that spoiler being a thing. I want to do everything optional before triggering that, what did you do to make it happen?

Kill the last mandatory boss in Nightmare of Mensis.

That's exactly where I am right now! Glad I decided to do some chalice dungeons instead,
I'd like to keep the hunter's dream a nice peaceful place for a while longer

Bloodletting Beast is not letting me progress through the chalices though :(

Melchiah

That's exactly where I am right now! Glad I decided to do some chalice dungeons instead,

You can continue doing whatever you want after that as well, as long as you don't beat the last boss(es) after Mensis. I left it there on NG+, as I wanted to keep all the paths open for optional stuff and the upcoming expansion.

LogicStep

I'm having an insanely difficult time trying to kill Ebrietas. Any tips? I've watched some videos but I still can't get it. I missed this boss the first time around so I'm trying on NG+. Str character.

Edit: Fucking FINALLY!

Jombie

I never lock on in that fight, you can avoid her bs charge about 80% by not doing so. It's just about baiting her head slams. She can be rendered fairly trivial.

LogicStep

My character is at lvl 120.

50 vit
35 end
50 str
18 skl
9 bld
8 arc

Using Kirkhammer at the moment but I would like to use skill weapons as well. Can it be done with my build? Do I just need to farm more blood echoes and get my skill up? What would a good number be? Sometimes I hate the slow attack speed of the hammer.

2AdEPT

1) Not watching the video

2) Not sure what are you implying

3) Gonna check my throat

THere is a tonsil stone in the game, its greenish and I thought it was really just a stone or a gem, but it is obvious they got the idea from the medical use of the term and the tonsil stone really is the medical definition but from an ugly huge spider monster.

it allows you to get into the nightmares

LMAO, yep, he only does the same super easy swiping attack over and over again.

LOL!

same poster that couldnt beat ancient dragon for weeks, when all she had to do was trigger the AI on the foot stomp, easiest, or for a small challenge bait the fire breath then run away? All the bosses use Ai and all can be exploited, some more easily than others .....BSB is one of them.

I never left my game going and always quit completely out and turned off my machine..it seems to be better for multiplayer that way. The video was my third try, and I got DESTROYED the first two runs. Obviously I have enaged with him multiple times since, and I have beat BSB in the dungeons and never had any memory leak BS ever. especially after patch 1.03. I am not even sure it existed for me TBH because I have never expereienced it. TOo many people treat this game like its real and the monsters are real...they are AI. AI can be manipulated...that's how you beat souls borne in the most fun an intelligent way. If you allow the AI to do what it intends...you will get smashed and all kinds of horrendous moves will come out and get you. If you learn what triggers them and dont allow them to materialize they wont come out; or if you get lucky with RNG than hats off to you, but the reason I like souls borne is that the AI is complex, it is not obvious right away usuallywhat the best strategy is (except that if you get behnid the enemy usually works on 95 % of enemies in all the games.) Bloodborne did indeed issue a few bosses that are immune to "getting behnid" Watchdog, Amygdala, Undeda Giant, and Wet Nurse come to mind immediately, but BSB clearly is not one of the ones that cant be destroyed by this strat.

after searching for a couple minutes on the topic I found this:

"...without reading this whole topic and just chiming in, I'm inclined to think the memory leak thing is untrue. I have no way to prove otherwise, so this is purely opinion, but to my eyes it seems like a SUPER convenient excuse for people who keep saying that their particular boss experience was much harder than someone elses.

ENB said something about this in his Youtube channel, about how people have seemingly exclusively different boss battles. He said that generally it depends more on peoples positioning in relation to the boss which governs which moves the boss uses. I'd believe this more to be a reason behind different boss behaviour than some strange unproved deus ex machina memory leak."

If ENB thinks there is no leak I doubt it really exists; other than for some poeple the boss just stands there, which was addressed in the patch notes and apparently fixed with the early 1.03 patch.

LOL!

same peanut gallery that couldnt beat ancient dragon for weeks, when all you had to do was trigger the AI on the foot stomp, easiest, or for a small challenge bait the fire breath then run away?

I never left my game going and always quit completely out and turned off my machine..it seems to be better for multiplayer that way. The video was my third try, and I got DESTROYED the first two runs. Obviously I have enaged with him multiple times since, and I have beat BSB in the dungeons and never had any memory leak BS ever. especially after patch 1.03. I am not even sure it existed for me TBH because I have never expereienced it. TOo many people treat this game like its real and the monsters are real...they are AI. AI can be manipulated...that's how you beat souls borne in the most fun an intelligent way. If you allow the AI to do what it intends...you will get smashed and all kinds of horrendous moves will come out and get you. If you learn what triggers them and dont allow them to materialize they wont come out; or if you get lucky with RNG than hats off to you, but the reason I like souls borne is that the AI is complex, it is not obvious right away usuallywhat the best strategy is (except that if you get behnid the enemy usually works on 95 % of enemies in all the games.) Bloodborne did indeed issue a few bosses that are immune to "getting behnid" Watchdog, Amygdala, Undeda Giant, and Wet Nurse come to mind immediately, but BSB clearly is not one of the ones that cant be destroyed by this strat.

"...without reading this whole topic and just chiming in, I'm inclined to think the memory leak thing is untrue. I have no way to prove otherwise, so this is purely opinion, but to my eyes it seems like a SUPER convenient excuse for people who keep saying that their particular boss experience was much harder than someone elses.

ENB said something about this in his Youtube channel, about how people have seemingly exclusively different boss battles. He said that generally it depends more on peoples positioning in relation to the boss which governs which moves the boss uses. I'd believe this more to be a reason behind different boss behaviour than some strange unproved deus ex machina memory leak."

If ENB thinks there is no leak I doubt it really exists; other than for some poeple the boss just stands there, which was addressed in the patch notes and apparently fixed with the early 1.03 patch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtj19enwgSE

First video that shows up if you google blood starved beast. Watch that video, and tell me your fight wasn't glitched. Right away it's second move is something it never did in your video, and it can use that move in a lot of situations. It also does that move where it stands up briefly and pounces on you whenever you're close to it sometimes. You can't manipulate BSB. It has multiple moves for any given situation.

2AdEPT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtj19enwgSE

First video that shows up if you google blood starved beast. Watch that video, and tell me your fight wasn't glitched. Right away it's second move is something it never did in your video, and it can use that move in a lot of situations. It also does that move where it stands up briefly and pounces on you whenever you're close to it sometimes. You can't manipulate BSB. It has multiple moves for any given situation.

LOL!!!!! This video makes my case for me! This player does the side move and gets in behind every once in a while, and it works just like it did for me.... but more often STANDS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE BEAST very often which I specifically instruct people not to do. I fyou always move sideways, bait the grab attack and get behind him he will constantly be repositioning himself. I watched my original video again and noticed a lot of things not present in most peoples videos, i.e. always moving to the side and forward, not backwards, using the pillars to heal or use anitidotes, and the stun from the axe is killer. Surely the axe isnt more powerful at stunning with the "leak" ritght? Maybe try the strategy before commenting! As well the player in the video you submitted dodges BACKWARDS, which is a BIG NO NO for this boss. The developers even said that they were goign to reward people who were more aggresive and the BSB getting stunned ny the axe perpetually in my video keeps it doing exactly what I want, stunned and repositioning which allows me ot get in exactly the same spot to rinse and repeat, until I can smassh him again. TRY the strat with whatever non leak mode you can before dissing it please....there is no reason for anyone to suffer on this boss.

Please, this fight was after the patch, and I thought this version was slightly tougher , mostly owing to no pillars and that the blade of mercy being short range and perhaps not stunning in one hit like the axe....but the strategy works just fine....it just does. BSB can be exploited despite that it acts "Scary" sometimes. LOL.

You can't manipulate BSB. It has multiple moves for any given situation.
You actually can manipulate it very easily
pungent blood cocktail works on it

That and I'm pretty sure where you're positioned influences what moves it may do like with a lot of bosses.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
the developers of this game never cease to amaze me; this cant possibly be a coincidence.

I think some praise should go to the translators (Frognation) as well as the developers.
(The reason I say this is that the original Japanese name used for those creatures sounds more like "Amendoze", which is a random word with no "Amygdala" connotations. It's a little extra spice added to the localisation for the user's benefit.)

If you look up "Amygdala" on Wikipedia, you see that it's the Latin for almond-shaped groups of nuclei in the brain that process memory, decision-making and emotional reactions, including fear...
(Also the Latin for "tonsil".)

Gotta love stuff like this. The fact that the heads of the creatures themselves (and statues depicting them) are sort of almond-like in appearance is just pure design genius.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
LOL!

same poster that couldnt beat ancient dragon for weeks, when all she had to do was trigger the AI on the foot stomp, easiest, or for a small challenge bait the fire breath then run away? All the bosses use Ai and all can be exploited, some more easily than others .....BSB is one of them.
Wow, are you really taking potshots at my initial struggle against the Ancient Dragon? Which I've then since killed half a dozen time first try? To make what is essentially a non-argument and doesn't address anything at all?

LOL indeed. [Edit: wow, you called me "peanut gallery" before editing it eh? Amazing. Says a lot more about you than it does me, that's for sure.]

Your boss was glitched for sure. It only did the same ONE move over and over and it's the most basic move of them all. Even by exploiting AI, non-glitched bosses don't spam the same super basic move over and over.

(Btw, I never had problems with BSB, and my strategy was also to get behind it... guess what, it still did more attacks than that.)

Unproven? From acknowledged it and patched it. This post is from a random Gamefaq poster who is obviously extremely clueless.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Hi guys, quick question;

I don't have internet for a couple of days as I've just moved into a new apartment. Does this game need internet to play the first time? I'm thinking I can kill the time with a good single-player campaign.

Hi guys, quick question;

I don't have internet for a couple of days as I've just moved into a new apartment. Does this game need internet to play the first time? I'm thinking I can kill the time with a good single-player campaign.

I think you should be fine, you just won't be able to co-op (obviously) or read any messages.

Manu

Yeah it fascinates me every time I discover the origin of the words used in this game. When it comes to references and inspiration, Bloodborne is so far ahead of the other Souls games.

BTW, do you know what tonsil is commonly called in French?
Amygdale.

Same in Spanish, they're called
amígdalas.

Greddleok

That said, I'm more just considering the fact that I can't fuck up my build. Thanks for the info!

You can very easily fuck up your build. My advice would be to choose a weapon type (str/skill) then upgrade the appropriate stat, whilst also upgrading Vitality and Endurance.

Endurance is probably the most important stat in my opinion, don't neglect it.

Aye that's all cool, think I'm finally gonna bite today, not sure why I put it off for so long.

Yeah get stuck in!

The only thing you won't get straight away is the patch that sorted the loading times out and a couple of other bits but nothing to stop you getting killed over and over again :-D

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Yeah get stuck in!

The only thing you won't get straight away is the patch that sorted the loading times out and a couple of other bits but nothing to stop you getting killed over and over again :-D

Is there any way to install over USB or anything? Unless it's not super important.

LOL!!!!! This video makes my case for me! This player does the side move and gets in behind every once in a while, and it works just like it did for me.... but more often STANDS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE BEAST very often which I specifically instruct people not to do. I fyou always move sideways, bait the grab attack and get behind him he will constantly be repositioning himself. I watched my original video again and noticed a lot of things not present in most peoples videos, i.e. always moving to the side and forward, not backwards, using the pillars to heal or use anitidotes, and the stun from the axe is killer. Surely the axe isnt more powerful at stunning with the "leak" ritght? Maybe try the strategy before commenting! As well the player in the video you submitted dodges BACKWARDS, which is a BIG NO NO for this boss. The developers even said that they were goign to reward people who were more aggresive and the BSB getting stunned ny the axe perpetually in my video keeps it doing exactly what I want, stunned and repositioning which allows me ot get in exactly the same spot to rinse and repeat, until I can smassh him again. TRY the strat with whatever non leak mode you can before dissing it please....there is no reason for anyone to suffer on this boss.

Please, this fight was after the patch, and I thought this version was slightly tougher , mostly owing to no pillars and that the blade of mercy being short range and perhaps not stunning in one hit like the axe....but the strategy works just fine....it just does. BSB can be exploited despite that it acts "Scary" sometimes. LOL.

The player moved to side plenty of times and it did several different moves. And that second video of yours you posted... you really don't see the massive difference? It did 3 more unique moves in the first 30 seconds than it did in the whole fight of your first video.

You actually can manipulate it very easily
pungent blood cocktail works on it

That and I'm pretty sure where you're positioned influences what moves it may do like with a lot of bosses.

Keyword is influence. Positioning affects chances of certain moves happening, but like I said bosses have multiple moves for situations. If a move is happening 100% of the time, the fight is clearly broke.

Want a recommendation? Go ahead and finish the game, then keep progressing through the chalice dungeons alongside New Game +. Chalice dungeons aren't reset on finishing the game, and if you're at the Bloodletting Beast, the final bosses in the game and NG+ will already be too easy; it will get worse as you progress through them. Believe me, that's exactly what happened to me :/. You don't want to rob yourself of a fair fight against Mergo's Wet Nurse and the final boss(es).

As a bonus, progressing through NG+ will give you a ton of easy blood echoes to level up in preparation for the chalices.

[rambling]

Holy shit. Take a chill pill?

Alright cool. I think I did all the optional bosses, but now I feel I can go look some stuff up before finishing and won't feel like I'm spoiling anything for myself.

I have nothing to say aside from that it's kind of cool that you quoted replies from two Spanish guys. :D

Keyword is influence. Positioning affects chances of certain moves happening, but like I said bosses have multiple moves for situations. If a move is happening 100% of the time, the fight is clearly broke.
It's more about making certain moves not show up than forcing a move to repeat.

But yeah. BSB can be manipulated.
Throwing a blood cocktail does just that.

Is it because you are not trying to continuously get behnid him and force him to turn? His AI is extremely exploitable. If you are standing in frontt of BSB you will engage in a battle of attrition at best, but if you anticipate his swipe attack (which you trigger on purpose by standing to his side) he becomes a no heath loss boss in a hurry as you just dodge behind him as he swings and punish the recovery animations from his attacks. Position yourself to one or the other side of him as he repositions himslef, rinse and repeat. Pretty sure this was my third attempt at BSB.
Last time I fought him I used the go to his left routine and it worked out pretty well, he's still really aggressive though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0xT-vM9rGE

2AdEPT

Wow, are you really taking potshots at my initial struggle against the Ancient Dragon? Which I've then since killed half a dozen time first try? To make what is essentially a non-argument and doesn't address anything at all?

LOL indeed. [Edit: wow, you called me "peanut gallery" before editing it eh? Amazing. Says a lot more about you than it does me, that's for sure.]

Your boss was glitched for sure. It only did the same ONE move over and over and it's the most basic move of them all. Even by exploiting AI, non-glitched bosses don't spam the same super basic move over and over.

(Btw, I never had problems with BSB, and my strategy was also to get behind it... guess what, it still did more attacks than that.)

Unproven? From acknowledged it and patched it. This post is from a random Gamefaq poster who is obviously extremely clueless.

Look, you saying my BSB strat was useless because of some mystery leak effect, which the next poster obviously could not discern etiher as the example he gave had an even more docile BSB than mine, means I feel a little justified in coming back with a fframe of reference for who is saying what about who. I never struggled with ancient dragon in fact I played it blind and figured that one out myself, so I am most certainly going to consider your brilliant analysis of my BSB fight a "pot shot" from the peannut gallery. People best be a lot less sure of themselves when they call others boss fights "leak" fights when a.) the patch supposedly corrected whatever leak effect FROM was able to find and you apparently agaree, b.) ENB said most of people's inability to get the same boss fight comes from their positioning. WHich is my experience with BSB and ancient Dragon is the epitome of a fight that seems hard if you dont expolit the AI but is a no health loss lock if you do. YOu seem to feel its ok to erronneously call someone's boss fight a "leak" fight instead of accept the reality which is that you are not very good at picking out the AI opportunities in these fights.c.) You didnt bother to comment on the BSB fight in Ailing Loran which although slightly more difficult owing to no pillars, blade of mercy which stuns less on one hit than an axe, the boss having unfathomable more health even considering the higher attack power of the character i was using, and that it was AFTER the patch means there was no leak on that fight and it was the same BSB. You have a history of trying to call Arinn Crynn and other skilled players who post challenge videos as full of themselves. I agreed with them over you then, and when you call my video a leak video when I already know the advice I gave to others transformed this fight for them, and another poster jumps on board and posts an example of a BSB fight where its obviosuly the same BSB I am not sure you best be surprised that I might be personally annoyed by your post.

Here is ENB stwuggling with the fight. His boss fights are around the 30 minute mark. I contend this is the exact same BSB I fought and died to exactly the same way ENB did (which I didnt record but have memory of...by standing in front of him, not locking on and not using the glide dodge to get in behind and immediately stunnign him from behind.) I am not stupid and can tell that when I die I did some thing wrong and the BSB i died to was the same bat shit crazy BSB in this video. I have explained why the things I do prevent him from doing multi-stringed atacks, mostly its becuase a.) I am rarely anywhere than behind him, to the side of him or behind a pillar, b.) the axe is incredible at stunning him, if not in one hit in two, this is not an effect of a leak it is the real deal, the axe kicks ass! c.) there is always the possibility you get a string of the same attacks in a row with RNG. If you watch the video more closely you will see he starts to do a string a coupe times but gets stun locked a few seconds withe axe hitting ihim immediately after.

Because you and the peanut gallery dont want to admit there are really good strats out there the least you could do is close your mouth so others can try the methods and improve their play. I enjoy helping new players (not scaring them into thinking they suck if they do do well cause it was jsut a leak that enabled them to win) and that has been my reason d'etre since I joined this site owing to Demons'; and my channel is not monetized BTW and it exists as a way to be part of the community. I know the strats I employ work on BSB whether he is leaked or not as evidenced by the aliing Loran video, but after analysing the original video again and again, all the linearness of the actions are easily exaplained by RNG luck, positioning, and stunning the BSB before he goes on a tirade. He even starts doing it a couple times but those were just the times where he was stun locked by the axe a fraction of a second later. I would suggest trying the strat with whatever BSB you like and seeing if he doesnt get easier.

Bottom line is I will gaurantee ANYONE who struggles with BSB that these will help whether you think my video was a leak one or not. I have received a lot of feedback on this fight from those that have tried these strats so I apologize for getting annoyed, but i think you can tell why given that saying someone's video was a leak is an obvious anoyance. Unless the boss just stands there and doesnt even move, I would be hesitiant to call anyones video a "leak" one in the future....because there is RNG, positioning, stun locking, and a plethora of other factors to consider.

The player moved to side plenty of times and it did several different moves. And that second video of yours you posted... you really don't see the massive difference? It did 3 more unique moves in the first 30 seconds than it did in the whole fight of your first video.

Not only did I see no difference, I felt that the BSB you displayed was more docile thanthe one I fougt. Remember, I died to the BSB two times before doing this run and was destroyed, way worse thatn the guy in your video. Your video guy does exactly what I am trying to encourage people struggling NOT to do. Even if you dont thionkg the original video was completely the same BSB you expereienced...what difference does it make? I have never struggled on this or most bosses in Bloodborne...ROM and The player moved to side plenty of times and it did several different moves. And that second video of yours you posted... you really don't see the massive difference? It did 3 more unique moves in the first 30 seconds than it did in the whole fight of your first video.

Keyword is influence. Positioning affects chances of certain moves happening, but like I said bosses have multiple moves for situations. If a move is happening 100% of the time, the fight is clearly broke.[/QUOTE]

Not only did I see no difference, I felt that the BSB you displayed was more docile thanthe one I fougt. Remember, I died to the BSB two times before doing this run and was destroyed, way worse thatn the guy in your video. Your video guy does exactly what I am trying to encourage people struggling NOT to do. Even if you dont thionkg the original video was completely the same BSB you expereienced...what difference does it make? I have never struggled on this or most bosses in Bloodborne...[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpOMeNUwO2U"]ROM
and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkMN25_3FVU were tough but when I changed to an aggressive strat they both fell rather easily. Yes Ebreitas did not spam the lasers, but it is not a glitch because she spammed the lazers on me in an earlier attempt on ly minutes earlier. There is such a thing as RNG, and when you kill Ebreitas in a minute and 40 secs then she might not have a chance to get her lazers charged up!"]Ebreitas[/URL] were tough but when I changed to an aggressive strat they both fell rather easily. Yes Ebreitas did not spam the lasers, but it is not a glitch because she spammed the lazers on me in an earlier attempt on ly minutes earlier. There is such a thing as RNG, and when you kill Ebreitas in a minute and 40 secs then she might not have a chance to get her lazers charged up!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Look, you saying my BSB strat was useless
I actually did not say that. Not once.

Your defensiveness is hilarious (particularly the bit about your non-monetized channel, lol where is this coming from?), and your continuous insults and insistence at calling me "peanut gallery" is as pathetic as it is comical, so I'll just leave your whole rant right there for all to see in case you try to weaselly edit it again:

Look, you saying my BSB strat was useless because of some mystery leak effect, which the next poster obviously could not discern etiher as the example he gave had an even more docile BSB than mine, means I feel a little justified in coming back with a fframe of reference for who is saying what about who. I never struggled with ancient dragon in fact I played it blind and figured that one out myself, so I am most certainly going to consider your brilliant analysis of my BSB fight a "pot shot" from the peannut gallery. People best be a lot less sure of themselves when they call others boss fights "leak" fights when a.) the patch supposedly corrected whatever leak effect FROM was able to find and you apparently agaree, b.) ENB said most of people's inability to get the same boss fight comes from their positioning. WHich is my experience with BSB and ancient Dragon is the epitome of a fight that seems hard if you dont expolit the AI but is a no health loss lock if you do. YOu seem to feel its ok to erronneously call someone's boss fight a "leak" fight instead of accept the reality which is that you are not very good at picking out the AI opportunities in these fights.c.) You didnt bother to comment on the BSB fight in Ailing Loran which although slightly more difficult owing to no pillars, blade of mercy which stuns less on one hit than an axe, the boss having unfathomable more health even considering the higher attack power of the character i was using, and that it was AFTER the patch means there was no leak on that fight and it was the same BSB. You have a history of trying to call Arinn Crynn and other skilled players who post challenge videos as full of themselves. I agreed with them over you then, and when you call my video a leak video when I already know the advice I gave to others transformed this fight for them, and another poster jumps on board and posts an example of a BSB fight where its obviosuly the same BSB I am not sure you best be surprised that I might be personally annoyed by your post.

Here is ENB stwuggling with the fight. His boss fights are around the 30 minute mark. I contend this is the exact same BSB I fought and died to exactly the same way ENB did (which I didnt record but have memory of...by standing in front of him, not locking on and not using the glide dodge to get in behind and immediately stunnign him from behind. I am not stupid and can tell that when I die I did some thing wrong and the BSB i died to was the same bat shit crazy BSB in this video. I have explained why the things I do prevent him from doing multi-stringed atacks, mostly its becuase a.) I am rarely anywhere than behind him, to the side of him or behind a pillar, b.) the axe is incredible at stunning him, if not in one hit in two, this is not an effect of a leak it is the real deal, the axe kicks ass! c.) there is always the possibility you get a string of the same attacks in a row with RNG. If you watch the video more closely you will see he starts to do a string a coupe times but gets stun locked a few seconds withe axe hitting ihim immediately after.

Because you and the peanut gallery dont want to admit there are really good strats out there the least you could do is close your mouth so others can try the methods and improve their play. I enjoy helping new players (not scaring them into thinking they suck if they do do well cause it was jsut a leak that enabled them to win) and that has been my reason d'etre since I joined this site owing to Demons'; and my channel is not monetized BTW and it exists as a way to be part of the community. I know the strats I employ work on BSB whether he is leaked or not as evidenced by the aliing Loran video, but after analysing the original video again and again, all the linearness of the actions are easily exaplained by RNG luck, positioning, and stunning the BSB before he goes on a tirade. He even starts doing it a couple times but those were just the times where he was stun locked by the axe a fraction of a second later. I would suggest trying the strat with whatever BSB you like and seeing if he doesnt get easier.

Bottom line is I will gaurantee ANYONE who struggles with BSB that these will help whether you think my video was a leak one or not. I have received a lot of feedback on this fight from those that have tried these strats so I apologize for getting annoyed, but i think you can tell why given that saying someone's video was a leak is an obvious anoyance. Unless the boss just stands there and doesnt even move, I would be hesitiant to call anyones video a "leak" one in the future....because there is RNG, positioning, stun locking, and a plethora of other factors to consider.

Btw:

You have a history of trying to call Arinn Crynn and other skilled players who post challenge videos as full of themselves

Rant all you want and insult me all you want, I couldn't care less, but please stop spreading lies. Thanks. (Also, another potshot coming out of nowhere, holy shit, everything is personal with you isn't it?)

2AdEPT

I actually did not say that. Not once.

Your defensiveness is hilarious (particularly the bit about your non-monetized channel, lol where is this coming from?), and your continuous insults and insistence at calling me "peanut gallery" is as pathetic as it is comical, so I'll just leave your whole rant right there for all to see in case you try to weaselly edit it again:

Btw:

Rant all you want and insult me all you want, I couldn't care less, but please stop spreading lies. Thanks. (Also, another potshot coming out of nowhere, holy shit, everything is personal with you isn't it?)

PErsonal? Of course it is and I explained why. .amd now you are calling me a liar,whch you indirectly called me by saying that I experienced a tough BSB two attempts prior as evidecne that it wasnt a leak but you instead relied on your vast wisdom in assessing these things with no proof. Even without your history, who would not get annoyed by someone calling ther video a "leak" one especially when there is no data to prove or refute suach a claim? ITs like saying someone's video is made by God not the broadcaster. So mostly only where you are concerned, yes I agree that if someone else had politely mentioned that his experience was different, I.e. jaded writer, I would not have issued a rant. I just finished leaving a positve comment on Jaded's channel and enjoyed watching his video, which, had the same BSB I fought in Ailing Loran using this strat, and he indeed said that the "going to the left" strat was helpful. He was the original poster that inspired my post, and if you hadnt interrupted our conversation with LEAK BS we would all have been better off.

Look I can tell this is pointless. Just try the strategy yourself or dont, but I suggest not calling other people's videos "leak" videos even if you think they are.

Yeah it fascinates me every time I discover the origin of the words used in this game. When it comes to references and inspiration, Bloodborne is so far ahead of the other Souls games.

Amygdale.
Holy crap! That is amazing...I knew that the amygdala as B-genius pointed out was an area of the brain before I played BB, but this tonsil-amygdala connection to French is even more interesting. I wonder what the story is on how the tonsils and the certain area of the brain ended up getting the same name but in different languages resulted in different areaas being named...is amygdala originally Latin or Greek? gonna go have to check the wiki...BRB............

edit : okay Im back......I guess it was originally Greek, but also used in Latin to decribe the same things: almonds. So I guess the tonsil stones in the throat and the area of the brain share an almond shape.....cool.

I have no idea what's going on in this thread before, but I'm pretty sure the "going to the left" strat didn't become well known until after the memory leak got patched out.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The funniest part is that I never said the strategy was bad or that he sucks or anything like that. I also pointed out that I never had problems with BSB to begin with. All I said is that one video in particular clearly shows a glitched AI. That's literally it.

Now I got a rambling uber-defensive rant in response, mixed up with insults and fabrications about my character. How utterly bizarre.

2AdEPT

The funniest part is that I never said the strategy was bad or that he sucks or anything like that. I also pointed out that I never had problems with BSB to begin with. All I said is that one video in particular clearly shows a glitched AI. That's literally it.

Now I got a rambling uber-defensive rant in response, mixed up with insults and fabrications about my character. How utterly bizarre.

case closed, if you want a way out of callign my video a leak video without admiting it was the original insult, its yours. I am super defensive and explaiend why, agree to disagree. Have a nice day. :)

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Amygdale.

Same in Spanish, they're called
amígdalas.

It all originates from the Latin :) Please check out my post above.

It's funny about this whole amygdala/tonsil thing, because me being Spanish, it's always boggled me why two different (and apparently unrelated) organs have the same name. I had my (throat) tonsils removed as a kid without anesthesia, choking on my own blood and everything, which is one of my earliest memories for obvious reasons, so that adds another weirdness layer for me.

case closed, if you want a way out of callign my video a leak video without admiting it was the original insult, its yours. I am super defensive and explaiend why, agree to disagree. Have a nice day. :)

Your (original) video is a glitched fight and anyone with functioning eyes should be able to see as much. Fuck, you could put a leash on that thing and take it for a walk in the park. It looks nothing like any of the other videos of BSB posted in this thread, including your chalice one (which took an hilarious eleven blood vials; oh my, such an infallible strategy!). I refuse to believe you can't see it either, although every single one of your videos show you to be an exceedingly mediocre player, so perhaps you really don't. I nearly fell out of my chair laughing at you thumping your chest about your "solo Rom kill" when you were doing 200+ per hit with the freaking Blades of Mercy. Overleveled much? :D Priceless, honestly, thanks for the good times.

Also, allow me to clear up some misconceptions. Calling your video glitched is not an insult. Calling someone "peanut gallery" is an insult. See the difference?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
It's funny about this whole amygdala/tonsil thing, because me being Spanish, it's always boggled me why two different (and apparently unrelated) organs have the same name. I had my (throat) tonsils removed as a kid without anesthesia, choking on my own blood and everything, which is one of my earliest memories for obvious reasons, so that adds another weirdness layer for me.

Geez Louise o_o Must have been pretty severe/urgent to have to removed them like that.

I think the "tonsils" in your brain are less an "organ" and more like "glands" or just a cluster of tissue that happens to do that kind of emotion/memory processing. They probably have the same name due to the almond shape. ("Amygdala" meaning almond in Latin.)

I just bought this game yesterday, I've played Dark Souls but I was never very good and couldn't hack the YOU DIED all the time. After bumpy start... I didn't realise there was weapons on the floor of the hunters dream. I only spent an hour struggling to kill the first bunch of enemies bare handed. I finally got in to the swing of things and managed to learn a lot more from how I died to how to defeat certain enemies by trapping them behind walls. (Probably cheating but those 2 werewolves on the Bridge were not going to kill me.)

I'm currently stuck at 2 bosses; Cleric Beast (Honestly I've only fought him once and died just before I could sink the final blow) and Father Gascoigne who I managed to get into beast form and then die.

My problem is, I have no vials, souls or any decent items to aid the boss fights. Whats the best way to acquire large amounts quickly? Farm?

Greddleok

My problem is, I have no vials, souls or any decent items to aid the boss fights. Whats the best way to acquire large amounts quickly? Farm?

Farm that shit, well vials anyway. Also, get hit less so you don't waste them on the mobs leading to the bosses. I don't bother faming souls, bosses provide everything you need.

Go for cleric beast first, he's much easier, and has some really obvious tells and designs to help new players
see how one arm is big and one is small, guess which one he attacks with
. He'll give you a bunch of souls to help you fight Gascoigne.

Which weapon are you using? Personally I think the axe is best for new players, and probably one of the best weapons in general thanks to its incredible reach.

Farm that shit, well vials anyway. Also, get hit less so you don't waste them on the mobs leading to the bosses. I don't bother faming souls, bosses provide everything you need.

Go for cleric beast first, he's much easier, and has some really obvious tells and designs to help new players
see how one arm is big and one is small, guess which one he attacks with
. He'll give you a bunch of souls to help you fight Gascoigne.

Which weapon are you using? Personally I think the axe is best for new players, and probably one of the best weapons in general thanks to its incredible reach.

I downed Cleric on my third try, he was relatively easy. I then when though and explored the a few bits where I hadn't been. Managed to pick up the
music box off the little girl
which helps a little bit with Gascoigne. I'm still getting absolutely owned by him though.

I chose the Saw Cleaver +1 and I found a Saw Spear.

Greddleok

I downed Cleric on my third try, he was relatively easy. I then when though and explored the a few bits where I hadn't been. Managed to pick up the
music box off the little girl
which helps a little bit with Gascoigne. I'm still getting absolutely owned by him though.

I chose the Saw Cleaver +1 and I found a Saw Spear.

I never used the music box
because it speeds up his transformation

My best advice for that fight if you don't want to cheese it, is pay attention to the grave stones. On my NG play through, getting caught on a grave stone was the cause of every single death.

He's also super open to parries when in human form, so if you want to try that, it's a great way to learn the timing, and you'll blast through him too.

I would advice fighing against the big guys with bricks. They drop a minimum of 2 blood vials, a decent amout of blood echoes, and are easily dispatched with parries, which will allow you to learn how to use them.

Cheers for the advice guys, I'm still stuck on the guy but I have been doing a lot better. I've got no problem getting Blood Vials, I get around 6+ on the trip to the boss. I also have a upgraded version of the Sword and the Big hammer, last time I faced him I got him down to a 1/4 health. So I just need some more practice and I'll finally slay him.

Geez Louise o_o Must have been pretty severe/urgent to have to removed them like that.

Apparently it's simply safer, as general anesthesia is never guaranteed to be 100.0% complication free and in a small kid it makes it all that more complicated to get the right dosage. Probably this being Spain in the early 80's we weren't at the cutting edge of medical technology either. :)

I think the "tonsils" in your brain are less an "organ" and more like "glands" or just a cluster of tissue that happens to do that kind of emotion/memory processing. They probably have the same name due to the almond shape. ("Amygdala" meaning almond in Latin.)

I didn't know about the Latin meaning! It really changed to become the Spanish word for the fruit (almendra), with probable Arab influence (Al-). Thanks a lot for the explanation, it now makes a lot more sense that both of the medical terms have the same name even when their functions and locations aren't related.

So I started a new character targetting the Ludwig Holy Blade. It's funny - this second time around it took hours (if that) to get through Gascoigne and down through Old Yharnam. It seemed like days the first time. I did happen to get a really good helper for BSB so he was basically a non-issue.

It's fun to have a greatsword again, although it does seem like the R2 of the axe is more useful overall. But yeah - sword it is!

Top Bottom