• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blur |OT|

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
For anyone on the fence I just went to K-Mart and found Blur (and Split/Second) on for $39.96. I think it's an official sale this week and not just a local store markdown.

Edit: this is for both platforms on both games.

Sysgen

jonnybryce said:
Why the fuck are 11+ allowed in the 1-10 beginner room?

Yeah, level 42 and 34, you're going to win all the races against people who just got the game. Don't you feel cool!

Sure they have an advantage but they win because they're more experienced not because of their cars or mods. At level 50 players go "legend" and start over from rank one. This can happen 9 more times during an online career. I've seen enough low level players win to know that this is way overblown. Also if you play through s/p you get Shannon's Astra Extreme which kicks a** and should put you at no dis-advantage at all.

jonnybryce said:

Yeah, level 42 and 34, you're going to win all the races against people who just got the game. Don't you feel cool!

Probably because they entered the room at a lower level and reached the higher one while racing in it.

U2NUMB

jonnybryce said:

I saw that happen a few times and the only thing I can think of is they were in a party hosted by a less than 10 level person... they then joined that playlist.

Anthropic

I updated my Steam client tonight and suddenly Blur doesn't work. The intro movies play and then there's just a black screen with the menu music playing.

Class_A_Ninja said:
Hmm. I've never had a single freeze on my way to level 17 or so. I have a slim, so do you think it is an old vs. new thing?

Everybody on PS3 with this game here in Finland has this random freezing problem. It's really strange, only happens online and Bizarre is aware of this, but so far hasn't been able to find the fault. I've put in over 27 hours of gametime online despite the game freezing on me either after a few minutes or hours.

Ok 1.01 patch is out on PS3 and in typical fashion, there's zero information on what it does, but hopefully fixes the freezing on PS3 in Europe.

I had some weird problem with the Xbox 360 multiplayer last night.

I'm far into rank 26 and I finish a race. I rank up to level 27 and it shows me what I unlocked. It then says, "multiplayer error when loading profile", or something really similar to that. It kicks me out of multiplayer and so I log back on to find that while the stats of my race remain (how many top 3, firsts, etc), it didn't rank me up and I'm back at level 26.

It did this 3 times in a row before I said screw it and stopped playing last night. I hope this isn't some bug that prevents me from ranking up, but instead just some problem I was having last night. Regardless, the game is awesome. Perfectly done!!

danmaku

Cronox said:
Sorry if this has been asked, but how is the PC online community for this game?

Very small. I play every day and I always see about 150 players online.

edit: at least in Europe, maybe the situation is better for US players...

see5harp

Sysgen said:
Haven't tried it yet as I just tend to corner like in Forza but I'll make a guess that the cars marked Drifty and Very Drifty are for (as in PGR) drifting around a corner and maintaing your speed. There is also a mod that awards a Nitro for this.

in races you are probably right because you can usually just do clean lines to stay with the pack and you get points for using the items. But in the checkpoint races you almost have to pick a drifty (most of the time I don't bother with very drifty) vehicle and use your nitro around the corner to get your car up to speed.

stuminus3

Well, crap. I was really disappointed with this at first (huge fan of PGR4). Single player just felt kind of off, it got too hard too quickly, started to feel like BC might have finally dropped the ball. Tried it on and off for a couple of weeks, I wasn't feeling it.

Thankfully something kind of clicked for me the other night and I started getting a feel for the single player. Maybe I just had to learn how to play the game. Then I decided to renew my Gold subscription ($1 for a month offer, woo) to check out what all the fuss was about online and...

Well played, BC. Well played. <3

I'm not sure about every mod possible as I'm only level 31 but.................

-So I use the pack leader mod that gives a nitro after every lap.

-The mod that if you're using a shield and a barge/shunt/mine hit it, you get an extra power-up.

-And also the ECM shunt evasion mod. This one seems to help a lot but I'm not sure if it's required to actually avoid shunts. Certainly makes it easier though knowing exactly when to drift to avoid one.

-If I don't need to use the ECM mod (to avoid shunts) I'd probably use the bribe mod that gives out power-ups after wrecks and also at the start of the race..

What does everyone else like to use?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Brock_Lee_and_Co__by_thweatted.jpg

ALL HAIL BROCK LEE

Dibbz

So went out and bought a copy today. I'm on the 3rd guy I think in the single player and have to get a x5 fan combo but have no idea what it is? Any help with that?

Oh and some pics. BTW does the Blur site work for anyone? I linked my PSN to it but my stats are not updating and the pics I upload to the site don't show. Is it like that for everyone?

28582_10150195624235696_678130695_12838918_7500350_n.jpg

28582_10150195627350696_678130695_12838943_5509263_n.jpg

Sysgen

Game has been hacked online. Unlimited mines, shunts god know what else. Blur brought me back to competitive online gaming but it's too bad. Now I remember why I stopped online gaming on the PC along time ago. Game might be worth something minute for the single player but online is now completely worthless.

witness

Complete love/hate relationship for this game, sometimes I do great and kick ass others I'm in the back of the pack. Oh and the ps3 community is completely dead for this thing, haven't even seen 1000 people online at one time. Bet modnation kept this thing from gaining an audience on ps3, too bad because it really is terrific.

Teknoman

Sysgen said:
Game has been hacked online. Unlimited mines, shunts god know what else. Blur brought me back to competitive online gaming but it's too bad. Now I remember why I stopped online gaming on the PC along time ago. Game might be worth something minute for the single player but online is now completely worthless.

...seriously? I just started reading through the topic today, hype building, then this post brought me to a dead halt.

Sysgen

Teknoman said:
...seriously? I just started reading through the topic today, hype building, then this post brought me to a dead halt.

Not saying you can't get a session without a hacker but it's hit or miss and likely to get worse until Bizarre addresses the issue.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Sysgen said:

already? Good grief that was fast. Well, try Trackmania or wait for TDU2 I guess :/

outsidah

Just tried the demo today. I was totally caught off guard and spent a good two hours I believe playing the demo. Totally cool and refreshing. Worst part of it all was the 8 year olds babbling over XBOX but I just muted them all.

I think I might pick this up if I can get a good deal on it.

outsidah said:
Just tried the demo today. I was totally caught off guard and spent a good two hours I believe playing the demo. Totally cool and refreshing. Worst part of it all was the 8 year olds babbling over XBOX but I just muted them all.

I think I might pick this up if I can get a good deal on it.

It's worth it. Even if you fall out of wanting to play it every day, I totally see it as a game I'll come back to for a long time to have a race or deathmatch in.

binary

Just played the demo for the first time and I'm absolutely loving this game! I must have spent an hour and a half straight playing the game. I kept saying one more race hahaha.

I'm going to pick up the game tomorrow at Best Buy. It's on sale for $40 and with the $20 coupon at blurgame.com/promo you can get the game for $20! I doubt I'll even play the single player. It's all about the multiplayer.

Sysgen

Vizionblind said:
multiplayer is dead

It was fun even with 100 people online (technically dead), played for many hours but the online aspect of the game has been compromised to the point where it's worthless to bother..

From the official forums:

jilou1.jpg

jilou2.jpg

Picked it up today - had a GREAT TIME! Sometimes reliant on technical racing, some absolutely chaotic tracks...shame it apparently hasn't sold too well. Buy this game tomorrow, people!

Barrett2

I can't get the $20 coupon to print. Anyone else have this problem? I really want this for $20, but umm, I installed the bullshit coupon app, even tried using two different printers, now it says i've printed my max number of coupons. What the Hell?

Violater

lawblob said:
I can't get the $20 coupon to print. Anyone else have this problem? I really want this for $20, but umm, I installed the bullshit coupon app, even tried using two different printers, now it says i've printed my max number of coupons. What the Hell?

I just tried making a pdf for you but it wouldn't allow it.

Top Bottom