• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blur |OT|

My brother just picked this up a couple of days ago for regular retail price, he's the type who wont even bother to click a link for a coupon though, oh well.

Klocker

$20 is a frgging STEAL.... so is $30 or $40.... I payed $60 and don't regret one minute of my purchase... even when losing online or letting it sit for a few days, each time I fire it up... it sucks me back into a beautiful graphical race world with intense combat racing :D

Bizarre deserves better than this for their effort, that's for damned sure.

Nif

Got it for $10.00 plus tax at the Best Buy in Baton Rouge. The first one I went to was sold out, and this was the last one at the millerville rd. Best Buy. The lady at the only open counter was busy so she told me to take it to the guy in customer service to checkout. He might've been new, but he took both coupons without giving me any trouble. Good deal. :D

Nif said:
Got it for $10.00 plus tax at the Best Buy in Baton Rouge. The first one I went to was sold out, and this was the last one at the millerville rd. Best Buy. The lady at the only open counter was busy so she told me to take it to the guy in customer service to checkout. He might've been new, but he took both coupons without giving me any trouble. Good deal. :D
Nice, glad you scored the deal. The customer service rep that I spoke with pointed out that the $20 coupon has verbiage that states "not valid with any other offers or discounts".

The reward zone coupon has something to effect that it isn't valid on discounted items.

Moral of the story: Fine print and informed employees can ruin sweet deals.

I'm going to try the Best Buy near my home after work. If I strike out there, I'll give up and enjoy my gamefly rental.

AnimatorZombie

Neo Member
My buddy almost got away with the $10 deal, but he had an inexperienced cashier who keyed in the reward zone stuff wrong, so in the end had to call over a manager who was staunch on the "ONLY ON COUPON" policy. Manager looked pissed so I guess people had been trying it all day:lol

Oh well, $20 aint bad.

Klocker said:
$20 is a frgging STEAL.... so is $30 or $40.... I payed $60 and don't regret one minute of my purchase... even when losing online or letting it sit for a few days, each time I fire it up... it sucks me back into a beautiful graphical race world with intense combat racing :D

Bizarre deserves better than this for their effort, that's for damned sure.

Same here. I paid full price and was happy to do it.

Awesome. I was able to get a copy for $20 at the Best Buy near my home. I didn't even bother with the reward zone coupon, didn't want to be too greedy.

I3rand0

Tried to use both coupons tonight and wasn't successful. The clerk said they are not honoring the manufactures coupon and are collecting them since it's "fraud" allegedly. I explained it wasn't as it is clearly valid and has online authentication all over the coupon. I really didn't want to start any drama over this, so I left and will try at a different store tomorrow.

bridegur

As much as I love Burnout Paradise and Motorstorm, I this is quickly becoming my favorite racer of the generation. It's a lot of fun.

Jafku

Successfully paid $12 and change at best buy. Although it was a hassle initially, the manager came and fixed everything. Thanks GAF and thanks slickdeals

Diebuster

Picked it up for twenty and tax yesterday, the cashier brought the manager over so I couldn't use both coupons.

So worth it though. Great game, I love that it supports custom soundtracks :D

Alex

I picked this up today too, price was hard to refuse, really rare for me as I'm not big on racers, but I do so love kart racers. Figured it'd be nice to play something along that mindset without the same gaggle of mascots from the past ~17-18 years.

U2NUMB

Spectral Glider said:
So is the official price now $39.99 or is it just a limited time thing?

I would say temp price. It is only at Kmart and Best Buy this week. Target, Walmart and others still list it as 59.99 so you will want to use the coupon this week.

BigAT

U2NUMB said:
I would say temp price. It is only at Kmart and Best Buy this week. Target, Walmart and others still list it as 59.99 so you will want to use the coupon this week.
Amazon actually has it for $40 as well.

shintoki said:
Someone send me a friend invite. I need to do the friend/challenge achievements off you

GT:shintoki

hey you forgot to include a pic .. here this should help out getting those achievements quick!

rmarshgaf.jpg

Zodzilla

AnimatorZombie said:
My buddy almost got away with the $10 deal, but he had an inexperienced cashier who keyed in the reward zone stuff wrong, so in the end had to call over a manager who was staunch on the "ONLY ON COUPON" policy. Manager looked pissed so I guess people had been trying it all day:lol

Oh well, $20 aint bad.

Yep, this exact same thing happened to me. 20 bucks is a great price for a new game though.

U2NUMB

Just got done with a 4 hour marathon with friends.. had 7 at one point. The team racing on this game really needs to have more players.. it is by far the best online mode. We had a blast helping eachother out.

One moment was great, following a friend he took a repair that I could tell he did not need.. I let him know and he dropped it for me... Stuff like that is just fantastic to see in a racing game.

Party system works very well, kept us on the same team. Only issue I had was for the first time since I got the game my system actually locked up twice. Not sure if it was because I was in a party..

Anyways it was a blast.. everyone should team up and try the team racing.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Team power up racing is fantastic. Best mode. Normal power up is a bit too chaotic on some of the levels, but team is fantastic.

U2NUMB

depward said:
Yeah, Team Racing is a super fun mode. Too bad there were like, 39 people playing it last night... :lol

True but what is amazing is the game will eventually filter a full room together even with very low numbers in a playlist.

U2NUMB

Ugh... I played this game since launch on the 360 and never had a problem. The last two days playing with friends in parties the game locks up all the time for all of us. Is this a problem with the actual party system? Anyone else having this issue?

I got it at Best Buy for $20 with the sale and the coupon. It's not too bad of a game, I'm having a blast with it. But... it's not a $60 game at all. I would have paid $40 since it's pretty limited. It's the same thing over and over... but it is fun.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
kamikaze said:
amazon's videogame deal of the day for $20. guess this hasn't been meeting activision's sales forecasts.
Fuck no, game has been a bomb for sure. Even in peak hours, still only like 2-3k on. Killing Floor gets the same numbers :lol

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Picked up the game today for the 360. Paid full price but as I was given a healthy gift card it didn't bother me.

Game is fucking awesome, but I already knew that having played the beta extensively.

Blueblur1

I've been doing nothing but playing the career mode while listening to podcasts and I've been having fun. But man, it gets ridiculously difficult at times.

Blueblur1 said:
I've been doing nothing but playing the career mode while listening to podcasts and I've been having fun. But man, it gets ridiculously difficult at times.

Yeah, it is a bit on the hard side, at least on the normal mode. I love it though, well the races anyway. The destruction and checkpoint modes don't do much for me. But the 20 car races are just awesome, I don't mind replaying them when I fail.

MacBosse

Da1nonly J said:
4 player split screen and yes there is a single player campaign.

Ok, what I meant was is there a splitscreen campaign mode of some sorts? And is there 2 player splitscreen to or just 4?

Beezy

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Hey guys. I haven't played this for awhile but is the online community still holding up pretty well?
Yeah, people are still playing. You can always find a game even though the total amount of players online hovers around 2000-3000. I'm talking about on the 360 btw.

I've been playing online a lot these past 2 weeks. I should be lvl 50 before the day is over. :D

Fladam

Reached Legendary 1 the other day. Still enjoying the multiplayer a lot, despite the fact that I'm not very good at the game :)

Fladam101 is my GT if anyone plans on hanging onto this game for a while. I know I will.

There are games I play and get rid of if I truly believe there is no chance Im going to come back to it, and games I keep.

This one is definitely a keeper. I can see myself busting out games of this a year from now, after newer stuff drops.

Top Bottom