• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace3skoot

so after farming the warrior until level 38 siren, i hopped into PT2 and now i'm level 40 and am getting my ass handed to me, i'm dieing every few minutes, and i completelty breezed through the first play through the contrast is insane, the badass enemies just seem to tank so much damage even when i'm a level or 2 higher, i feel lame now, after previously feeling like an overpowered badass, so much money down the pan :p i've been going catyclism/motion hybrid thinking of respecting to harmony in hope of surviving a little longer.

so after farming the warrior until level 38 siren, i hopped into PT2 and now i'm level 40 and am getting my ass handed to me, i'm dieing every few minutes, and i completelty breezed through the first play through the contrast is insane, the badass enemies just seem to tank so much damage even when i'm a level or 2 higher, i feel lame now, after previously feeling like an overpowered badass, so much money down the pan :p i've been going catyclism/motion hybrid thinking of respecting to harmony in hope of surviving a little longer.

The trick with TVHM is using the right elemental effect on the right enemy. Once you that out it becomes easier, but its definitely not a cakewalk even knowing that.

I finally got the Blood of Terramorphus. Hopefully now I can make the varkids transform into Vermivorous the invincible.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This is an odd glitch

01955C1D12FD1FF2D1FE39A227133783F0A9492E

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So, I seem to have found someone experiencing the exact same texture flickering issue as me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr_o0vZzGHg), over at the Steam forums. Accordning to that guy, it seems to get fixed by cycling FXAA off and on again. That sounds pretty weird to me, since I've never heard of an AA solution affecting the image in this way, but I'll definitely try it the next time it happens.

gblues

Banned
This game has an entertaining story? I must have missed that because of the stupid way they tell it.

I don't care what you are talking about when I'm just checking out the new loot that boss dropped.

I just used all my keys, will they drop some more tonight?

Compared to the original Borderlands? Absolutely.

If you just started TVHM at level 40 and are having trouble then you're in deep ****, because I started at level 31 and cruised through it, and it definitely doesn't get easier.

Use cover, use you ability on cool down, use rocket launcher and grenades on big guys. Also using your elemental stuff is huge.

Explosives/corrosives vs armor, shock vs shields, fire vs skin.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I'm already stuck going solo at
Captain Flynt

I need friends lol

Which system? I've been playing on the 360, but it's a little hard to find games when my friends aren't online. Seems XBL ain't no place for no hero...

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
When you do a quest on PT2 that gives you a skin or head I'm assuming that it is NOT the same skin or head you got on the first playthrough?

I ask because I've apparently lost my Gunzerker's bowler hat head to a glitch or something and I'm wondering if I'll be able to get it again with this character or if I'll have to start a new one and do it again. I think it was a quest reward, not 100% sure.

When you do a quest on PT2 that gives you a skin or head I'm assuming that it is NOT the same skin or head you got on the first playthrough?

I ask because I've apparently lost my Gunzerker's bowler hat head to a glitch or something and I'm wondering if I'll be able to get it again with this character or if I'll have to start a new one and do it again. I think it was a quest reward, not 100% sure.

Quests in PT2 that give skins/head customisations are the same as the first quest playthrough.

You're getting rocked as a level 38 Cataclysm/motion hybrid? You're four or five levels above compared to when I began TVHM with my Siren and likely had more DPS because of the Cataclysm skills. I started off full Motion build, was pretty challenged early on but then respec'd to full Cataclysm and had an easier time of it. Having a Class mod with +5 Blight Phoenix and +4 Reaper helps.

You've really got to make use of the appropriate elemental weaponry in TVHM. If they've got a shield, you need an electrical weapon to punch it down quick if you can't brute force it easily. Use fire against flesh, corrosion against armor or slag and raw damage unshielded enemies. Five points in Flicker ups your chances of elemental damage by 30% on top of the guns existing chance to perform elemental damage. Badass points invested into Elemental Damage and Chance help as well. I think one out of every two shoots I make has a chance of elemental damage.

steadfast

Quests in PT2 that give skins/head customisations are the same as the first quest playthrough.

I don't like this at all. In theory, I already did the quest once and would already have that reward. Giving different skins or heads for TVHM versions should be a reasonable expectation.

HoosTrax

I'll bet at at least 1 legendary dropped but was under the boss or in the lava so you couldn't reach it.

That boss is seriously broken.
It could have easily been a non-issue if they had done what they did with Terramorphous -- after its death animation, its corpse slinks back into the lava and disappears.

wingz

I'll bet at at least 1 legendary dropped but was under the boss or in the lava so you couldn't reach it.

That boss is seriously broken.

This happened to me. I could literally see the orange light and for whatever reason that was the only item that I could not pick up because it was beneath the ground surface. Totally gave me a bad impression of the looting system in the game.

Cat Party

I did the secret
Minecraft
area last night, and it was really generous with the drops of the those unique items. I got three skins and the shotgun. Definitely going to hit it up again.

the fuck?

as in "how?" or as in, "why"?

If "how", drop the item in a friends' game and shut off your console/close the game on PC without saving. just alt-tab and close the game. it doesn't save the fact that you dropped the weapon and your friend can pick it up. You turn your game on and you still have yours and now he has a copy of it.

That's how we do our team thing with my friends. That way there's no fighting over items. We concluded the built-in method wasn't fair. Especially with Legendary drops being so rare, seeing one drop and you can't pick it up is just an insult. I would have preferred Diablo 3's approach, but this works even better.

If "why", it's so that people don't get screwed over by what everyone here agrees is a broken looting system, intentionally designed this way or not.

I did the secret
Minecraft
area last night, and it was really generous with the drops of the those unique items. I got three skins and the shotgun. Definitely going to hit it up again.

I did that a couple of days ago. Didn't get the Siren head yet, but it did drop the Legendary Longbow (terribad weapon).

Oh OK. I thought it was trash and almost left it on the ground since it said only 1 capacity. Then later I almost sold it. I just said what the heck, let me try it. What are the chances you get one of these percentage wise?

for legendaries? I don't know but it's pretty low. If I were guessing, I'd say a 5% chance. It took me hundreds (yes, hundreds) of runs to get the Slagga to drop, for example. I tried farming it for a couple of hours on Monday and Tuesday and failed. Did the mission one time on Wednesday and it dropped. In the same mission, Maggie dropped in no more than 20 runs. Wilhelm dropped 3 Legendary guns last night in 100+ runs (estimate, I didn't count), but not the Legendary grenade, which is what I actually wanted. Warrior has dropped I think 4 Legendaries for me, but I've I've done at least 100x that many runs.

Some dropped relatively quickly for me, some took forever. Needless to say, the collection is close to complete. I have all of the Legendary pistols and most of the AR's and SMG's. I don't really have many of the shields and 0 grenades atm, though. Hopefully over the next couple of weeks I'll be able to shore those up through team hunting or trades.

On that topic, I have not found doing runs with groups to yield more Legendaries at all. Maybe better or more greens/blues, but definitely not more oranges. Also fuck Wilhelm for giving me 2 of those Logan's Guns at level 48 instead of 50 for no apparent reason.

NJ Shlice

Does anyone have the Klook Skullsmasher (Legendary Sniper) that is willing to meet up/trade with me on Xbox 360?

I have a bunch of legendary grenades, assault rifles, shotguns, snipers, launchers, smgs

Megasoum

Banned
I've been "farming" the gun vendor in front of the bandit slaughterhouse for 20 min now and still haven't seen anything good. I have the bad feeling that when I'll finally see something great I won't be able to afford it... I only have 100k.

I've been "farming" the gun vendor in front of the bandit slaughterhouse for 20 min now and still haven't seen anything good. I have the bad feeling that when I'll finally see something great I won't be able to afford it... I only have 100k.

what are you trying to get?

I don't recall any Legendaries being at that location.

if i want to farm the end game boss, do i have to get through hero's pass again?

Yes.

But once you're there, just kill him, pick up what you want, save --> exit --> continue. you'll be at the vault again and he'll respawn.

Hey guys, what are you doing with E-Tech weapons? Like, they're rare which is really cool, but not always the most powerful guns of that type. I've left a number of them on the ground because there wasn't anything to dump out of my backpack (they would have been downgrades)...and when would I ever use them anyway.

idk.

Avinexus

Hey guys, what are you doing with E-Tech weapons? Like, they're rare which is really cool, but not always the most powerful guns of that type. I've left a number of them on the ground because there wasn't anything to dump out of my backpack (they would have been downgrades)...and when would I ever use them anyway.

idk.

I've sold all of mine, never found one that seemed even remotely good.

I've sold all of mine, never found one that seemed even remotely good.

okay so I'm not crazy. I think they need to tweak the e-techs. buff them a bit. nothing THAT rare (and they are very rare) should be so easily discardable.

add me. I'm at work right now, but when I get home I'll see what's in my bank. I'm pretty sure I have a corrosive minigun around that level still in there that just that shits on things.

Helscream

Banned
I just had a classic moment last night. Myself and two other friends on PSN were farming Terramophous. Around the 4th kill or so I was like "Son of a bitch, all he ever drops is Tediore and Hypernion shotguns. Why can't he drop a purple Jakobs shotgun?!"

As we were ascending up the stairs I turned to my left and thought "Well I guess I'll go open these two red chest. Doubt it will have anything useful". AS I open the two chest I notice one of them has a Purple Tiered item. I say to my self "Hmm well look we have a purple, I wonder what it.....HOLY SHIT!!!!!"

Low and behold the most badass Jakobs shotgun I have yet to see.

Damage: 8013x18
Accuracy: 23.5
Fire Rate: 11.5
Reload Speed: 2.6
Magazine Size: 8

After getting over my boner I made a copy for my Two Siren friends and enjoyed the rest of the evening shredding everything into fine red mist.

Cat Party

E-Tech smgs are godly. At least the plasma caster variety. When I've found them, they've been much more powerful than normal elemental smgs of the same level.

I just had a classic moment last night. Myself and two other friends on PSN were farming Terramophous. Around the 4th kill or so I was like "Son of a bitch, all he ever drops is Tediore and Hypernion shotguns. Why can't he drop a purple Jakobs shotgun?!"

As we were ascending up the stairs I turned to my left and thought "Well I guess I'll go open these two red chest. Doubt it will have anything useful". AS I open the two chest I notice one of them has a Purple Tiered item. I say to my self "Hmm well look we have a purple, I wonder what it.....HOLY SHIT!!!!!"

Low and behold the most badass Jakobs shotgun I have yet to see.

Damage: 8013x18
Accuracy: 23.5
Fire Rate: 11.5
Reload Speed: 2.6
Magazine Size: 8

After getting over my boner I made a copy for my Two Siren friends and enjoyed the rest of the evening shredding everything into fine red mist.

whaddafuk @ dat point-blank damage!

but I don't know if anything will get me to put away my Conference Call. Half the damage of that gun you found, but @ 75% accuracy. I'm surgical with that bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom