• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Damnit, are those Spooky skins exclusive to yesterday or limited in number? I really wish that they distributed these codes in a way other than just Twitter.

harrytang

Flatly Frustrated by Zer0. I want to be enjoying this game way more than I am, but I feel like I'm just wasting my time.

oh man, sorry to hear that. not sure about your build but im pretty melee focused and having a blast at level 43. i find the game challenging and rewarding. tough to keep in mind all of the different ways to increase my melee damage.

i also have a level 16 gaige, awesome fun. my level 29 maya is pretty meh for me. maybe im doing it wrong.

Damnit, are those Spooky skins exclusive to yesterday or limited in number? I really wish that they distributed these codes in a way other than just Twitter.

believe you only limited by time. i think you have until sunday. i did try to get the zero skin, but when i checked in the change booth couldnt find it. not sure what happened.

grumble

So my ps3 just broke. 60gig. With borderlands 2 stuck inside. I have a new ps3 but can't get the fucking disc out. How the hell did they design a console without a manual eject feature?!

Advice?

vocab

Anyone who bought the game from GMG had a problem with the Season pass? Steam Support tells me I have a retail version and that they can't help me!? What is that supposed to mean?!
Another story about how shitty steam support is. Bl2 is steamworks and all dlc is steam redeemable. Tell them your season pass dlc is not working correctly with your steam version.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
believe you only limited by time. i think you have until sunday. i did try to get the zero skin, but when i checked in the change booth couldnt find it. not sure what happened.

Thanks. I hope they're still active...

Good thing we all have internet access!

Huh? I'm confused. Are you implying that I should be on Twitter because I have internet access?

You can dupe the skins just like any other item.

I don't like duping since it's essentially cheating.

CuttyMcStab

Neo Member
TVHM has made me resentful towards my Commando. half the skills in my tree just feel worthless, and i want to re-spec but there's just nothing else to spec to. the middle tree doesn't seem worth it, the right tree looks built for soloing.

I found this Axton build on the Gearbox forums and it's worked out very well for me:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=155365

It basically makes you boost explosive/grenade damage as much as possible which Axton is suited for. After getting the Bee and the Baby Maker the damage makes a huge jump up. I also use the Surprise Package grenade mod which adds a ton damage as well.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I dont have the spooky axton skin. I made an axton, and he had the assassin skin. I made an assassin, and he didnt have an axton skin. wtf!

A bit late to this one but you are aware that you can "use" a skin with any character and it will show up for the other one, right? Your Axton can use the Assassin skin and it will still apply to your assassin.

Inskipp

Never though to ask till now: does this game have smoke and/or stun grenades in it?
I'm probably late with this but I'd like to point out Singularity grenades are probably the closest you'll get to a "stun" grenade, as they can dislodge enemies from their position and momentarily disorient them.

vocab

A bit late to this one but you are aware that you can "use" a skin with any character and it will show up for the other one, right? Your Axton can use the Assassin skin and it will still apply to your assassin.
I never had the skin item in my inventory. Which is my complaint.

Lexxon

For all of you having issues with the halloween skins, if you redeemed them all at once, I had some odd behavior with them. I only got one at a time in my inventory (which was not full), in the order I redeemed the codes. If I hit save and quit and went back in after using the skin, the second skin popped up in my bags. Use that, save and quit, back in, 3rd skin, etc.

It's odd but it works, at least for me on PC.

Farmed Knuckle dragger about 50 times to no avail looking for the Hornet. Really wish the orange loot drop rates were just a little bit higher.

He finally dropped a Twin Hornet for me (awesome) but it was at level 48, which is a slight bummer. After this I went and took a shot at farming Hunter for the Bee, and he dropped one my first try, but it was also at level 48. I am in playthrough 2.5. Am I just unlucky with having the level 48 versions drop instead of 50?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Clicking a link to their twitter is not a lot of work. You don't even have to be registered.

First of all, the majority of tweet codes are released during work hours, where Twitter is blocked for me, and cannot even be input without access to a console.

Secondly, twitter codes are just plain lame. It's a minor complaint, but when I read about the introduction of Golden Keys, I imagined you would actually have to do something for them in-game, like complete a weekly challenge or participate in an event. It had a lot of potential, and none of that has happened thus far.

Inskipp

He finally dropped a Twin Hornet for me (awesome) but it was at level 48, which is a slight bummer. After this I went and took a shot at farming Hunter for the Bee, and he dropped one my first try, but it was also at level 48. I am in playthrough 2.5. Am I just unlucky with having the level 48 versions drop instead of 50?
Yeah sometimes they drop 48-49 level versions even in pt 2.5. It's purely down to luck.

Twin-hornet is amazing on armor though, so even a lower level variant can be really good.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
First of all, the majority of tweet codes are released during work hours, where Twitter is blocked for me, and cannot even be input without access to a console.

Secondly, twitter codes are just plain lame. It's a minor complaint, but when I read about the introduction of Golden Keys, I imagined you would actually have to do something for them in-game, like complete a weekly challenge or participate in an event. It had a lot of potential, and none of that has happened thus far.

I agree on the hours of release for sure.

Twitter is a lame but effective mechanism. I agree with your points really.

At least on PC, you can simply copy paste as opposed to PS3/360 in which you have to manually input every character. The silver lining!

Yeah sometimes they drop 48-49 level versions even in pt 2.5. It's purely down to luck.

Twin-hornet is amazing on armor though, so even a lower level variant can be really good.

Good to know that my game wasn't glitched or anything. Yes, Twin hornet even at level 48 takes down loaders within seconds, it is amazing.

LiquidMetal14

I've made some alterations and since it was asked here are some some screens to go along with the SweetFX config. 25/50/25 horizontal split to show the differences. It does bring out more detail if you look at the one particular shot with the grass.

borderlands22012-11-0uzeg8.png

borderlands22012-11-07jecu.png

borderlands22012-11-0rldq6.png

Code:
   /*-----------------------------------------------------------.
  /                      Choose effects                         /
  '-----------------------------------------------------------*/

// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF
#define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines.
#define USE_LUMASHARPEN   1 //[0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.
#define USE_BLOOM         0 //[0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)
#define USE_HDR           0 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)
#define USE_TECHNICOLOR   0 //[0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)
#define USE_DPX           0 //[0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.
#define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 0 //[0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (avoids clipping)
#define USE_TONEMAP       1 //[0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
#define USE_VIBRANCE      1 //[0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
#define USE_CURVES        0 //[0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
#define USE_SEPIA         0 //[0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.
#define USE_VIGNETTE      0 //[0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.
#define USE_DITHER        0 //[0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)
#define USE_SPLITSCREEN   0 //[0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

/                  SMAA Anti-aliasing settings                /

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.20           // [0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 98      // [0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 16 // [0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 100       // [0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.

// -- Advanced SMAA settings --
#define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1        // [0 or 1] 1 Enables color edge detection (slower but slightly more acurate) - 0 uses luma edge detection (faster)
#define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0  // [0 or 1] Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.

/                       LumaSharpen settings                  /
// -- Sharpening --
#define sharp_strength 1.20   // [0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
#define sharp_clamp    0.035  // [0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

// -- Advanced sharpening settings --
#define pattern 2        // [1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
#define offset_bias 1.0  // [0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.
                         // I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

// -- Debug sharpening settings --
#define show_sharpen 0   // [0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

/                       Bloom settings                        /
#define BloomThreshold 20.25 //[0.00 to 50.00] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.
#define BloomPower 1.446     //[0.0000 to 8.0000] Strength of the bloom
#define BloomWidth 0.0142    //[0.0000 to 1.0000] Width of the bloom

/                        HDR settings                         /
#define HDRPower 1.30  //[0.0 to 8.0] Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter
#define radius2  0.87  //[0.0 to 8.0] Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter

/                      TECHNICOLOR settings                   /
#define TechniAmount 0.11        //[0.0 to 1.0]
#define TechniPower  2.8         //[0.0 to 8.0]
#define redNegativeAmount   0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]
#define greenNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]
#define blueNegativeAmount  0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]

/                      Cineon DPX settings                    /
#define Red   8.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]
#define Green 8.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]
#define Blue  8.0  //[1.0 to 15.0]

#define ColorGamma    2.5  //[0.1 to 2.5] Adjusts the colorfulness of the effect in a manner similar to Vibrance. 1.0 is neutral.
#define DPXSaturation 3.0  //[0.0 to 8.0] Adjust saturation of the effect. 1.0 is neutral.

#define RedC   0.36  //[0.6 to 0.2]
#define GreenC 0.36  //[0.6 to 0.2]
#define BlueC  0.34  //[0.6 to 0.2]

#define Blend 0.2    //[0.0 to 0.1] How strong the effect should be.

/                      Lift Gamma Gain settings               /
#define RGB_Lift  float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust shadows for Red, Green and Blue
#define RGB_Gamma float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust midtones for Red, Green and Blue
#define RGB_Gain  float3(1.000, 1.000, 1.000)  //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust highlights for Red, Green and Blue

/                        Tonemap settings                     /
#define Gamma 1.0        //[0.00 to 2.00] Adjust midtones

#define Exposure 0.00    //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust exposure

#define Saturation 0.00  //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust saturation

#define Bleach 0.00      //[0.00 to 1.00] Brightens the shadows and fades the colors

#define Defog 0.000  //[0.00 to 1.00] How much of the color tint to remove
#define FogColor float3(0.00, 0.00, 2.55) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to remove - default is blue

/                       Vibrance settings                     /
#define Vibrance 0.60 //[-1.0 to 1.0] Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.

/                        Curves settings                      /
#define Curves_contrast 0.30  //[-1.0 to 1.0] The amount of contrast you want

// -- Advanced curve settings --
#define Curves_formula 7      //[1|2|3|4|5|6|7] The constrast s-curve you want to use. 

/                         Sepia settings                      /
#define ColorTone float3(1.40, 1.10, 0.90) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to tint the image
#define GreyPower  0.11                    //[0.0 to 1.0] How much desaturate the image before tinting it
#define SepiaPower 0.58                    //[0.0 to 1.0] How much to tint the image

/                       Vignette settings                     /
#define VignetteRadius 1.00   //[-1.00 to 3.00] lower values = stronger radial effect from center
#define VignetteAmount -1.00  //[-2.00 to 1.00] Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.
#define VignetteSlope 8       //[1 to 16] How far away from the center the change should start to really grow strong (odd numbers cause a larger fps drop than even numbers)
#define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500)  //[0.00 to 1.00] Center of effect.

/                        Dither settings                      /
//No settings yet, beyond switching it on or off in the top section.

//Note that the checkerboard pattern used by Dither, makes an image harder to compress.
//This can make your screenshots and video recordings take up more space.

/                     Splitscreen settings                    /
#define splitscreen_mode 5  //[1|2|3|4|5]  1 = Vertical 50/50 split, 2 = Vertical 25/50/25 split, 3 = Vertical 50/50 angled split, 4 = Horizontal 50/50 split, 5 = Horizontal 25/50/25 split

Amneisac

I really think that the Tediore reload system needs to be tweaked. I think it's a cool idea, but it seems lame to me that the most effective way to play the game right now is to fire one bullet from a clip and toss the empty weapon with an amp shield equipped. I mean, I appreciate the flexibility of the mechanic, and I think Tediore guns are cool, but it seems really week to me that it's essentially what everyone is doing end game for farming.

one_kill

I really think that the Tediore reload system needs to be tweaked. I think it's a cool idea, but it seems lame to me that the most effective way to play the game right now is to fire one bullet from a clip and toss the empty weapon with an amp shield equipped. I mean, I appreciate the flexibility of the mechanic, and I think Tediore guns are cool, but it seems really week to me that it's essentially what everyone is doing end game for farming.
OH! That's why people want a purple Tediore Allegiance relic! It never occured to me.

Hit 50 and finished true hunter mode today in co-op 2 player, it really did not feel slow to get to 50, I was expecting a boring slog going by some posts in this thread but it was rather quick.

LiquidMetal14

yeah I looked through it and realized I was using a FXAA injector lol but found my sweetFX and just copypasta.. :p

I took some cut scene shots with the whole screen now encompassed with SweetFX. As well as a few other locales which really looked better with it.

Loaders are tough...

Anyways, I really do love this game. I played the hell outta Borderlands, and have awaited the sequel for a bit. I was hyped, but, also worried the game would be tailor made for the CoD audience and add in regen HP and an even easier difficulty. I'm glad they didn't "fix what was not broken", and even improved in a few areas.

My only issue is the difficulty is really tough. I don't remember Borderlands being tough at all.

Loaders are tough...

Anyways, I really do love this game. I played the hell outta Borderlands, and have awaited the sequel for a bit. I was hyped, but, also worried the game would be tailor made for the CoD audience and add in regen HP and an even easier difficulty. I'm glad they didn't "fix what was not broken", and even improved in a few areas.

My only issue is the difficulty is really tough. I don't remember Borderlands being tough at all.

I would say that if you find things tough you should go finish some missed side quests or go back to a slightly older area and just kill for a bit, especially in TVHM one level difference in enemies and guns can really change the outcome.

Apparently dying just as Master Gee dies also fixes the crash problem! Unfortunately he drops shit all-- not even the paltry 7 seraph crystals that Hyperius drops!

Nista

Can you guys suggest a good Siren build for playing with an Anarchy-focused Mechomancer? My motion spec wasn't cutting it for early leveling.

BigDug13

Apparently this is the only game that performs worse in Windows 8 than Windows 7, and only on an nVidia GTX660.

I don't think it's ever a good idea for a PC gamer to upgrade OS's to the newest "just released" OS until all companies release whatever necessary patches are needed. But I'm just paranoid like that.

one85x

Can you guys suggest a good Siren build for playing with an Anarchy-focused Mechomancer? My motion spec wasn't cutting it for early leveling.
Harmony is probably the best tree in the game for co-op, especially if playing with a Mechro. Losing anarchy stacks is never fun.

Jezbollah

Given up farming Warrior for the Conference Call (after about 50 odd attempts). Got an impailer, but no other legendaries. Going to hit the DLC tomorrow.

Mr. Fix

Finally finished the game for the first time (GOTY!) and... Shit. So my buddies and I did all the early side quests (up to the Sanctuary) in TVHM. Are we screwed when it comes to having everything scaled at level 50? Would we have to restart TVHM?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm about 7 hours in and now I can't stand the game anymore. It's just as boring as the first Borderlands.

Sometimes I think 'Alright, let's do this', but then I'm only able to complete one mission before turning off the PS3. GAF hype got me :/

Nista

Harmony is probably the best tree in the game for co-op, especially if playing with a Mechro. Losing anarchy stacks is never fun.

Yeah he was dying left and right when we got further into the main quest. I'll take a look at Harmony builds, thanks.

LiquidMetal14

I'm about 7 hours in and now I can't stand the game anymore. It's just as boring as the first Borderlands.

Sometimes I think 'Alright, let's do this', but then I'm only able to complete one mission before turning off the PS3. GAF hype got me :/

Not that it's much better on PC but are you playing alone on PS3? It's been much better with my group of friends. And on PC, IQ/performance is top notch. That adds to the experience.

The game is definitely building on the solid foundation the first game laid. It has more polish but it's more of the same with improvements thrown in.

If anything, I'd say the game is better already just for ditching Gamespy.

But PS3/360 load times are offensive so to me, I find it jarring to from PC to console where I can farm 10x faster just due to the nature of PC.

These are merely little reasons but the game is definitely better with friends and on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom