• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liking the skins kind of wish their were a few heads and different colors between each character but it's all good.

What happened?

I think he's just not fitting my play style, and I end up dying a lot. Maybe I just haven't figured out how to play him, but it's kind of late for that at level 42.

Gorillaz

Mechro halloween skin out

PC SHiFT Code: W3WBJ-C6ZB5-C6JJT-33JJB-JSFX6
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTKTJ-696S5-R9RB6-5RTT3-BTS3H
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CJWTB-FZK5T-TKKWT-ZJ5B3-X56B9
560751_10151146361449081_883946930_n.jpg

vocab

I dont have the spooky axton skin. I made an axton, and he had the assassin skin. I made an assassin, and he didnt have an axton skin. wtf!

Inskipp

TVHM has made me resentful towards my Commando. half the skills in my tree just feel worthless, and i want to re-spec but there's just nothing else to spec to. the middle tree doesn't seem worth it, the right tree looks built for soloing.
I played Axton on my 1st+2nd playthrough, and I never felt like his skills were lacking. His skills actually add a good mix of damage and sustainability. Slag-rounds + rocket pod for the turret chews through peeps (even those shielded pricks).

That build looks really bad. A single turret that's specced deep into the guerilla tree already performs the purpose of this build (longbow doubles turret hp, which makes it optimal for tanking duty).

If you want to be a slag-toting infectoid yourself, just get a Slagga and you're set. No need to alter your skill tree, run around in gunfire and begging to get killed.

Skill-point allocation is also very poor. No points in HP-boosts/Able even though he is supposedly expecting to take damage, he has +5 cooldown reduction, despite stating that the build isn't turret- centric. Also, Grit is a terrible skill, and basing the crux of your survivability in a single RNG- effect is deemed to result in getting you downed very often. He probably realized this and thus he dumped 5 points in Last Ditch Effort.

It honestly feels like that he intended this to be a Gunzerker- build, but he lost himself in a drunken stupor and mistook Axton as the Gunzerker.

Inskipp

Maybe i looked at it wrong, ill check when i get home. Why would they put that poop skill at the bottom. I love axton but his late game is kinda shitty compared to salvador
I'm tempted to disagree but I'm not sure if it's due to bias. I have both characters level 50, and I still prefer Axton over Sal. While Sal performs the tanking duty admirably(+ awesome uppercut), I find myself missing the utility that the turret provides and the multitude of steroids that Axton has at his disposal (most of them are at the first row of his skill trees as well, making them easy to pick up).

Mr. Fix

PC SHiFT Code for a Spooky Zer0 Skin in Borderlands 2: 5J5JB-B9S35-W6J33-3BJBT-33JSF [Details: http://bit.ly/Vb2Amj ]
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Spooky Zer0 Skin in Borderlands 2: 5J53B-J96HW-F9FBX-CFTT3-FTFXS [Details: http://bit.ly/Vb2Amj ]
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Spooky Zer0 Skin in Borderlands 2: KBKB3-J3R5J-BKCKT-H3W33-9F56C [ Details: http://bit.ly/Vb2Amj ]

SHiFT codes for Gaige's "Stinger Missile" are coming up next at 6PM CT -- find out when that is for you here: http://bit.ly/VCCQe8

560751_10151146361449081_883946930_n.jpg

Awesome. Thanks again, guys!

zulfate

I'm tempted to disagree but I'm not sure if it's due to bias. I have both characters level 50, and I still prefer Axton over Sal. While Sal performs the tanking duty admirably(+ awesome uppercut), I find myself missing the utility that the turret provides and the multitude of steroids that Axton has at his disposal (most of them are at the first row of his skill trees as well, making them easy to pick up).

I notice that axton is a mid range player and i like that about him but i find his bottom(tier 4-5?) Skills laking big time. Yeah if i spec him with top skills all across the board then he is very good kinda like a jack of all trades. I really like some of his survival skills though dual turrets with shield is soo good.

Farmed Knuckle dragger about 50 times to no avail looking for the Hornet. Really wish the orange loot drop rates were just a little bit higher.

Karl2177

Unlock Maya the Siren's spooky "Fright of the Bumblebee" customization in Borderlands 2 with the below SHiFT code!

PC SHiFT Code: WTKBJ-XRHTW-C63BT-JTB33-J6C9T
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WJC3T-SS6S5-X9FTF-WRTB3-BT39H
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: KTCTJ-ZHCKB-BKKW3-STCJT-3FZTW

Unlock Salvador the Gunzerker's spooky "Killer Bee" customization in Borderlands 2 with the below SHiFT code!

PC SHiFT Code: CTK3J-9XH3W-CRB3J-33TBJ-9JJHW
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTK33-HFR95-RZRJX-KRBB3-CZ3KF
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: C3W3B-5JX5J-3C55J-ZJWTJ-RH3HR

PC SHiFT Code for a Spooky Axton Skin in Borderlands 2: KT53J-36HBK-W6JJ3-BJJB3-WH95H
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Spooky Axton Skin in Borderlands 2: KBKBT-WH6Z5-X96B6-WX3TJ-5J6J3
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Spooky Axton Skin in Borderlands 2: CJ5T3-5H5KT-3KCKT-9JKBB-3SKHT

http://twitter.com/GearboxSoftware/

PC SHiFT Code for a Spooky Zer0 Skin in Borderlands 2: 5J5JB-B9S35-W6J33-3BJBT-33JSF [Details: http://bit.ly/Vb2Amj ]
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Spooky Zer0 Skin in Borderlands 2: 5J53B-J96HW-F9FBX-CFTT3-FTFXS [Details: http://bit.ly/Vb2Amj ]
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Spooky Zer0 Skin in Borderlands 2: KBKB3-J3R5J-BKCKT-H3W33-9F56C [ Details: http://bit.ly/Vb2Amj ]

I'm just collecting them all in one link for future reference(until the 4th anyways). Thanks you guys for nabbing all of these today. :)

FatBaby

Did I just screw something up? I redeemed all the codes, but when I went in to the game. All I had was the Maya skin (which is the last code I redeemed). Did I just over write the older ones or something?

Did I just screw something up? I redeemed all the codes, but when I went in to the game. All I had was the Maya skin (which is the last code I redeemed). Did I just over write the older ones or something?
Reload, they only seem to be added one at a time to your inventory.

Mr. Fix

I think you get one every time you load up a character.

Game crashed just as Master Gee died. I literally almost threw my chair.

edit: son of a bitch it happened again. It crashes every time I defeat him??

VariantX

ok, put in all 5 codes, successfully redeemed all skins, yet I see none of them appear in the list when I go to change my characters skin. What gives?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why isn't this thread in the community section yet? I thought OTs go there a month after the game comes out.

Gorillaz

Same thing you do for hyperious you do for Master Gee apparently. When you beat him make sure you have your back to him...it's weird but thats what Ive been hearing lately. Like when you know he is about to fall down and die turn around

MrDaravon

Same thing you do for hyperious you do for Master Gee apparently. When you beat him make sure you have your back to him...it's weird but thats what Ive been hearing lately. Like when you know he is about to fall down and die turn around

Someone posted a workaround a while back in here that worked for one of my friends (I haven't tried it yet) where if you pause the game right when he dies and then unpause that may prevent it from freezing. The looking away thing has never worked for me personally, still always freezes for me and at least one of my friends.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Tried the SweetFX mod and needless to say, I'm very impressed by the results in this game. It may not be for every game but damn if the game doesn't pop more with this. Some sample shots with the 25/50/25 screenshot split....

borderlands22012-11-0sbj6r.png

borderlands22012-11-0o1j6t.png

borderlands22012-11-059jn4.png

I have to mess with sharpness as I toned it up so it has more jaggies that way but the vibrancy is apparent. The middle is the area with the effects on, of course.

one_kill

If you're playing solo, you need to have the last shot so don't let the corrosive pool kill him. If you're playing coop, the host needs to have the last shot.

Oh yeah, have your back facing him when he dies.

tjohn86

If you're playing solo, you need to have the last shot so don't let the corrosive pool kill him. If you're playing coop, the host needs to have the last shot.

It's crashed on me twice too. I still have 0/1 "feed master gee to his worms" even though ive successfully got him a few times. Is that because his poison is killing him?

one_kill

It's crashed on me twice too. I still have 0/1 "feed master gee to his worms" even though ive successfully got him a few times. Is that because his poison is killing him?
Pretty sure that challenge can't be achieved by most since the fight itself is glitched.

Wasn't there something in the config files you can change to make those black outer lines go away? Nice shots, btw.
yeah, in WillowEngine.ini to turn off the black outline find:
DefaultPostProcessName=WillowEngineMaterials.WillowScenePostProcess
and change it to:
DefaultPostProcessName=WillowEngineMaterials.RyanScenePostProcess

maomaoIYP

It hung for me when I just used 1 acid pool and left the game for 1 h+.

But when I used 5 pools, it only took 15 mins to kill him and there didn't seem to be any problem whatsoever.

neoism

Back with two more with SweetFX across the entire image this time. Lowered sharpness and added 4xMSAA plus SMAA....

borderlands22012-11-0lek5m.png

borderlands22012-11-0trjyw.png

liquid would be kind a put your sweet settings ina pm or something not really sure how to change it its a little different from dishonored.....
Wasn't there something in the config files you can change to make those black outer lines go away? Nice shots, btw.

it looks like shit dude.. most of the cool setting are disabled too

JUST beat Hyperius. Solo with Maya. Feels damn good.

I was able to kill him first before killing any of his robots.

I looked online and saw someone using a smart strategy and decided to see if I could duplicate it.

First, these were my main weapons:
with
Couldn't find a Baby Maker so this was the next best thing I had. Shoot, reload/throw. That's where my damage on Hyperius came from.

Then, when it came to damaging the robots, I used these:
and

In terms of the strategy, in the beginning, I would go up to him and reload/throw the SMG about 2-3 times before he hit me with the Nova blast (I have my bee equipped btw with 50k amp damage). When he hits me with the first blast, I switched to this shield:
(I use this shield because it's the highest capacity shield I have so if I get hit by a missile I can't dodge, or Hyperius' blast, I would/should be safe.)

After he does his 2nd blast, I just barely survive but thanks to the skill "Sustenance", I'm recovering my health.

While, recovering, I'm circling Hyperius and using the phaselock skill "Converge" on him to pull all 4 robots towards him. You'll have to do it a few times to make sure they're close enough. Not only does it pull them together, but the skill also destroys any missiles the robots shot at you. Make sure you 5/5 the skill, Quicken, so you can Phaselock often.

When everyone was together, that's when I switched back to the Bee and started to use that rocket launcher I posted above. When ammo for that ran out, I switched to my AR. Magazine size was about 100 I believe since I put points into "Foresight." Proceeded to shoot away at the group...using "Converge" whenever I was able to, while still circling around. When I saw that he was getting ready to use his blast, I would switch back to my other shield to make sure I survived. After I felt safe, it was back to the Bee.

When Hyperius lost his shield, I started the reload/throw with the SMG again. The 4 robots were still dazed or whatever you wanna call it so all my attention was on him. He eventually jumped at me and put me in FFYL...but because he had such low health at that point, I was able to kill him with a few more SMG throws while I was down, which caused me to get a second wind.

Each of the 4 robots were about halfway dead so it was a matter of circling once again and using my AR/SMG (whatever remained in the SMG) to take them out...still using Converge. They couldn't do anything.

I also had this grenade that I used in between phaselock (which basically did the same as Converge):

I also have a class mod with +94% SMG gun damage/-24 SMG accuracy with +5 in Accelerate that I believe I equipped at the end to take care of the robots.

I'm sure people have seen/heard of this strategy, and if not, then I hope this can help you out. The loot I got was ass btw lol. 7 crystals and garbage equipment.

I haven't seen any videos of Master Gee but from what I've read, he's a complete bitch. Looking forward to that battle....

fucking leviathan fight.. I hope they balance this stuff out for solo players better in the next dlc

?? i didn't have any problem with him, not sure he even did much damage....just stood off to the side and shot the blue things. did the DLC right after beating playthrough1. solo siren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom